Author Topic: New Balance # containment thread  (Read 798028 times)

Watson

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2271
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: New Balance # containment thread
« Reply #7290 on: October 11, 2023, 10:38:37 AM »
Expand Quote

Anyways, feel free to dm me links if you see 10.5 480 reynolds anywhere  8)
[close]

Fuck ... I found a pair ... then realized I was on a Canadian site ...

https://thedriveshop.ca/collections/footwear/products/new-balance-480-andrew-reynolds-brown?variant=41034009411667

I'll look more later, heading to play Yoshi with my daughter before she goes to bed.

If you find any on a Canadian site it's worth looking at the exchange rate. For example, our shop still has size 9, 9.5, and 10 left in the Reynolds 480. (Sorry, I know you're looking for 10.5.)

$130 CDN = $95.50 USD = $4.50 cheaper than US MSRP.

Most shops will have a flat rate shipping fee, for example our US flat rate is $25 CDN = $18.36 USD.

So the price difference shouldn't be that much. Sucks if you get dinged with customers but that doesn't always happen.

We ship tons of stuff to the States because often the stuff sticks around longer here than it does there.

In any case if anyone needs any of those sizes: https://ninetimesskateshop.com/products/new-balance-numeric-480-reynolds-brown-brown

Firebert

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
    • Instagram avatar image
« Reply #7291 on: October 11, 2023, 10:55:28 AM »
Anyone skate the 288 compared to the 440 and 1010 and have comments? I naively lowballed someone online and they sold me the Jack Curtain colorway for $42.50
Overall, compared to the 440 and 1010, it is slightly thinner all around. My favorite feature is the tongue and collar being one piece, providing a comfortable slip-on feel. Exposed EVA is nice too. They are a cupsole, so you have some stability, but I wouldn't jump down anything substantial because they perform more like a vulc. Grip is good, albeit too shallow for my preference. One piece toe lasts and the stitching helps it hold it's shape. If you've tried the adidas 3st.001, that's the closest thing I'd compare it to.

OhioGuy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 53
« Reply #7292 on: October 11, 2023, 11:33:48 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

But can they shut down an eBay listing if it’s not clearly through a shop?   I’d give it a punt if I didn’t have store credit at my local hah.   

I hope $96 is the actual price.    It’s high-ish, but not triple digits which is nice
[close]
And . . . they’re already gone 🤣

Holy shit lol

I imagine the emails go something like, “Hey, these ain’t out yet. Please take ‘em down if you want to keep doing business with us.”

I get it, though. Release dates exist for a reason.
[close]
Just an FYI...that Ebay account didn't actually have the shoes in hand.  He had them up early as he had the imagery but we hadn't even shipped them out to shops yet.  So...you could have ordered but you still wouldn't have got the shoes until probably right at the launch date.
Ah, that makes sense.

----------

And I say White/Black pair. Just something about that combo.

rothdigga

• Rep: 584
« Reply #7293 on: October 11, 2023, 12:11:56 PM »
struggling to decide on white or black 480s
can only do one and i mostly skate black pants
any opinions?
I'm about to take some white/blacks myself off the shelf before I head to Tampa Am tonight.  White seems to be the solid choice here.

Mongo Lloyd

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 170
« Reply #7294 on: October 11, 2023, 12:41:52 PM »
I’m definitely trying for the white 480’s. They’re beautiful.
Do you get deja vu, huh?

Eric Dolphy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 531
« Reply #7295 on: October 11, 2023, 12:46:25 PM »
struggling to decide on white or black 480s
can only do one and i mostly skate black pants
any opinions?
The white with black sole, definitely
If you see offensive comments, just let it go into one eye and let it out of the other eye, no tears and not sadness or anger.

OhioGuy

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #7296 on: October 11, 2023, 03:20:54 PM »
The one with the white soles would look great with the right fit. But the other ones stand out more, and seem like they’d go with more outfits (even though they’re the same color).

iw0

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 505
« Reply #7297 on: October 11, 2023, 04:46:57 PM »
if anyone wanted some shots of the new knox shoe on foot, he's wearing them in his dickies photos here https://www.dickies.com/jeans/tom-knox-loose-fit-jeans/DDTK01.html?dwvar_DDTK01_color=GYE#start=1

and here

https://www.dickies.com/skateboarding-pants/tom-knox-work-pants/WPTK01.html?dwvar_WPTK01_color=BKX#start=1

and probably a few others, so poke around

OhioGuy

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #7298 on: October 11, 2023, 05:22:49 PM »
if anyone wanted some shots of the new knox shoe on foot, he's wearing them in his dickies photos here https://www.dickies.com/jeans/tom-knox-loose-fit-jeans/DDTK01.html?dwvar_DDTK01_color=GYE#start=1

and here

https://www.dickies.com/skateboarding-pants/tom-knox-work-pants/WPTK01.html?dwvar_WPTK01_color=BKX#start=1

Nice find. Those are some cool jeans too. Tom is getting lots of love lately. Happy for him. I kinda want a pair, but don’t think they’ll pull me away from the 480. Probably won’t try another model until the Reynolds.

My sessions use to last 45 minutes in the 440s. Now I can  go twice as long in the 480s. My feet and knees are too damn sensitive. It’s wild.

I’m in the process of losing weight so hopefully that helps. Would love to try lighter shoes.

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1115
« Reply #7299 on: October 11, 2023, 07:57:20 PM »
Expand Quote

and here

[close]
Nice find. Those are some cool jeans too. Tom is getting lots of love lately. Happy for him. I kinda want a pair, but don’t think they’ll pull me away from the 480. Probably won’t try another model until the Reynolds.

My sessions use to last 45 minutes in the 440s. Now I can  go twice as long in the 480s. My feet and knees are too damn sensitive. It’s wild.

I’m in the process of losing weight so hopefully that helps. Would love to try lighter shoes.

supportive shoes, gaining strength, and weight loss all help. i should really try and lose 10 pounds if i want to skate more often.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 32
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #7300 on: October 11, 2023, 11:14:52 PM »
Expand Quote

and here

[close]

Tom has pro model on everything, is quite impressive. Idk if he has bearing pro model but other than that guy has everything.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

rikki

• Rep: 299
« Reply #7301 on: October 11, 2023, 11:45:25 PM »

and here

Shoes look hella good. Also, jeans don't look bad at all.

rikki

« Reply #7302 on: October 11, 2023, 11:48:50 PM »
Expand Quote

and here

[close]

Just had a 3h session on the 508s yesterday, no soreness apart from the usual middle-age muscle tiredness. Mind you, I'm 5"9' and 145 lbs -- the older I get the more I'm happy that I have small bones and a quick metabolism.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #7303 on: October 12, 2023, 01:36:47 AM »
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Mystical Leader

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -134
« Reply #7304 on: October 12, 2023, 01:57:05 AM »
I'm not sure if this is a compliment or not but those NB#600 look like a pair of indoor shoes you'd find at the thrift store for like 15 dollars. Especially the white and cum colorway.

I'm kind of into the tooling and I like Tom Knox but yeah I'm one of those who hate the N in new balance shoes.

rikki

« Reply #7305 on: October 12, 2023, 02:52:12 AM »
Thanks @moonordie

I think they look bloody amazing. Here comes the TTS pondering... I'm ready to pull the trigger man.

OhioGuy

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #7306 on: October 12, 2023, 03:11:09 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

and here

[close]

[close]

Just had a 3h session on the 508s yesterday, no soreness apart from the usual middle-age muscle tiredness. Mind you, I'm 5"9' and 145 lbs -- the older I get the more I'm happy that I have small bones and a quick metabolism.
I could never, but I am 100lbs heavier and 6 inches taller than you. I was around 215lbs in 2021 before I started skating and could move a lot better. So I want to get back to that weight to see how I skate. Thin soled shoes are like walking around barefoot to me.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #7307 on: October 12, 2023, 08:33:45 AM »
White 480s = tomorrow?
Expand Quote
[close]

As Fuck.

OhioGuy

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #7308 on: October 12, 2023, 09:06:16 AM »
White 480s = tomorrow?
And the black ones. Mine won’t come until early next week. I’m loving the quick rollout. First ones dropped in August and there are already five colorways.

Even if they’re super limited, monthly drops is a great idea. Means that everyone can snag a pair if they pay attention to the IG announcements.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #7309 on: October 12, 2023, 09:14:49 AM »
Expand Quote
White 480s = tomorrow?
[close]
And the black ones. Mine won’t come until early next week. I’m loving the quick rollout. First ones dropped in August and there are already five colorways.

Even if they’re super limited, monthly drops is a great idea. Means that everyone can snag a pair if they pay attention to the IG announcements.
My wallet bleeds man
Expand Quote
[close]

As Fuck.

Xen

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1017
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #7310 on: October 12, 2023, 09:44:57 AM »
I'm sure it has been mentioned but how do the 480s fit compared to others in the # line? Say the 440?

TTS?

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #7311 on: October 12, 2023, 10:01:44 AM »
I'm sure it has been mentioned but how do the 480s fit compared to others in the # line? Say the 440?

TTS?
TTS chief
Expand Quote
[close]

As Fuck.

logjammin

• Rep: 346
« Reply #7312 on: October 12, 2023, 10:09:22 AM »
On a slip-on kick right now and ordered some of those Foy 306L slips in my normal size. Anyone here skated them? Toebox seems like it's not extremely suffocating like Vans slips which I hate with a passion.

Xen

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1017
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #7313 on: October 12, 2023, 10:34:38 AM »
Expand Quote

TTS?
[close]
TTS chief

What other NB# do you feel are TTS? Only asking as # are only over the place with what people find TTS model to model =D

wax poetic

• Rep: 44
  • fuck it, I'll stir the pot
« Reply #7314 on: October 12, 2023, 11:08:46 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

TTS?
[close]
TTS chief
[close]

What other NB# do you feel are TTS? Only asking as # are only over the place with what people find TTS model to model =D

Which other have you skated?

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #7315 on: October 12, 2023, 11:44:44 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

TTS?
[close]
TTS chief
[close]

1010 and 440. All the rest +.5 (OG 288, 255, 533, 868 and 808)
Expand Quote
[close]

As Fuck.

wax poetic

• Rep: 44
  • fuck it, I'll stir the pot
« Reply #7316 on: October 12, 2023, 12:20:41 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

TTS?
[close]
TTS chief
[close]

[close]

I'd trust that.  I agree with the few I know from that list.

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1077
« Reply #7317 on: October 12, 2023, 02:10:42 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

TTS?
[close]
TTS chief
[close]

[close]
[close]

I'd trust that.  I agree with the few I know from that list.

I just learned the hard way that I need a half size with the 808s. 🫤

Any 8.5 wearers want to buy a pair or two of the 808s? Priced to move.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

OhioGuy

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #7318 on: October 12, 2023, 04:44:29 PM »
Here's a look at the White/Black 480s. Guess they're called Yin and Yang.

Also, he mentions a "shock drop" of the 480s with a story outside of skateboarding  :o

« Last Edit: October 12, 2023, 05:08:32 PM by OhioGuy »

Daydream

• Rep: 80
« Reply #7319 on: October 12, 2023, 08:27:21 PM »