Author Topic: New Balance # containment thread  (Read 798016 times)

moonordie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 32
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: New Balance # containment thread
« Reply #7530 on: October 27, 2023, 12:22:10 AM »
Expand Quote
Had my first session in the 600s last night.  The fit is indeed more comfortable than the 440 for my foot.  The sole is stiffer and slightly thicker throughout than the 440.  They really seem right in between the 440 and 1010 to me.
[close]

Sounds perfect. Thank you.
Btw TTS?
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

OhioGuy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 53
« Reply #7531 on: October 27, 2023, 02:42:36 AM »
I just bought some 440 highs. A Tom Knox colorway. They dont have removable insole like the lows?? They have some slippery satin finish
Is it these ones?

If so, the insole is removable. You just have to stick a fingernail under the top left or right side. I thought it was glued in at first too.

They’re tricky to get out.

Vintagebody

• Rep: 84
« Reply #7532 on: October 27, 2023, 03:05:35 AM »
^

Yes! Oh nice! Are those insoles better then the others? Seems as thin...

OhioGuy

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #7533 on: October 27, 2023, 03:08:22 AM »
^

They’re not great IMHO. I’m not sure what they’re made of since they have no branding on them. Just took them out again with some nail clippers. They’re really in there lol

Vintagebody

• Rep: 84
« Reply #7534 on: October 27, 2023, 03:13:22 AM »
Expand Quote
^

[close]
They’re not great IMHO. I’m not sure what they’re made of since they have no branding on them. Just took them out again with some nail clippers. They’re really in there lol

Yeah... I have a pair of low tops 440s, and I get heel bruise on flat... So I swapped with some Nike blazer insoles...

yghartsyrt

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 232
« Reply #7535 on: October 27, 2023, 03:57:52 AM »
Would have loved to see a high-top version of the Knox 600.

FROTHY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 373
« Reply #7536 on: October 27, 2023, 05:44:15 AM »
Skated some 808s fresh out the box and had a decent session. The abzorb midsole is stiff and noticeable, but I think they're going to be excellent once they break in.

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1115
« Reply #7537 on: October 27, 2023, 06:09:06 AM »
Skated some 808s fresh out the box and had a decent session. The abzorb midsole is stiff and noticeable, but I think they're going to be excellent once they break in.

still in the fence on mine. the toe box is shallow, and i get firm pressure from the ‘wave’ detail on top, onto the top of the big toe.
but the rest of the shoe feels great for days when my feet are blasted

MyUserName

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 177
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #7538 on: October 27, 2023, 07:10:05 AM »
The description for the 600 says it features “FuelCell foam midsole.” Anyone know which of the previously existing Numeric cupsole models this midsole most closely resembles? I’m guessing the 1010?

rikki

• Rep: 299
« Reply #7539 on: October 27, 2023, 07:14:14 AM »
Has anyone ran into this really annoying "feature" with the white/navy/clear 440's? The sole seems to leave a white residue on griptape. I had a fresh grip on my deck and I was wearing a new pair of these shoes, and in like 5 minutes the grip was all messed up with this white shit. First I thought it was dust from the indoor park but then I noticed no one else had any of it on their decks, so I realized that the sole of the shoe is doing this. Never happened before with any other shoe. The sole on these is some weird semi-translucent white stuff. Thumbs down.

Bloody annoying. Seems like I'm gonna be wearing these as chillers only from now on. Someone with more energy for effort could probably make a complaint to NB#.

« Last Edit: October 27, 2023, 07:21:43 AM by rikki »

FROTHY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 373
« Reply #7540 on: October 27, 2023, 07:22:15 AM »
The description for the 600 says it features “FuelCell foam midsole.” Anyone know which of the previously existing Numeric cupsole models this midsole most closely resembles? I’m guessing the 1010?

Fuel cell is in the 480s and 1010s, although the 1010 may be a unique situation, because the foam in the forefoot is extremely thin, and the foam near the heel is thicker and a different color for some reason. 480s are probably a better comparison. Fuelcell is a little more flexible than abzorb (the other NB foam) and is meant to provide a little better energy return than standard EVA. It's used in NBs athletic shoes. Abzorb is geared towards impact protection and resisting compression.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #7541 on: October 27, 2023, 07:53:14 AM »
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 650
« Reply #7542 on: October 27, 2023, 08:44:52 AM »
The more I see of the 600s the more I like them... any on foot photo makes them look really good. I'm really curious to hear how they skate

OhioGuy

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #7543 on: October 27, 2023, 11:38:56 AM »
Has anyone ran into this really annoying "feature" with the white/navy/clear 440's? The sole seems to leave a white residue on griptape. I had a fresh grip on my deck and I was wearing a new pair of these shoes, and in like 5 minutes the grip was all messed up with this white shit. First I thought it was dust from the indoor park but then I noticed no one else had any of it on their decks, so I realized that the sole of the shoe is doing this. Never happened before with any other shoe. The sole on these is some weird semi-translucent white stuff. Thumbs down.

Bloody annoying. Seems like I'm gonna be wearing these as chillers only from now on. Someone with more energy for effort could probably make a complaint to NB#.

The 440 Knox I posted earlier did the same thing. They also have a clear sole on the bottom. It stopped happening eventually though and wasn’t a big enough issue for me to drop them.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2023, 03:25:42 AM by OhioGuy »

MusclesMarinara

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 103
« Reply #7544 on: October 27, 2023, 07:06:19 PM »
The more I see of the 600s the more I like them... any on foot photo makes them look really good. I'm really curious to hear how they skate

Same, especially after seeing that it's basically a long forgotten heritage model/the same cw but beefed up with modern tech makes me want to grab a pair out of pure curiosity. Probably gonna exchange the dunkin 480s I bought a couple days ago for them.
Alex Olson never had the makings of a varsity athlete.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 248
« Reply #7545 on: October 28, 2023, 01:37:19 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Same, especially after seeing that it's basically a long forgotten heritage model/the same cw but beefed up with modern tech makes me want to grab a pair out of pure curiosity. Probably gonna exchange the dunkin 480s I bought a couple days ago for them.

They seem fairly priced for these days.    Anything under 100 seems kind

Also, appreciate that NB (like others) bought ad space on here to promote.   That’s the shit that keeps this place around

rothdigga

• Rep: 584
« Reply #7546 on: October 28, 2023, 01:51:03 AM »

Noted on this and just sent a message to our design team on this.  I’ve not heard of this happening so we’ll make sure to do more testing for the next clear sole shoes.  Holler at me on a PM if you want to replace those bad boys. 

rikki

• Rep: 299
« Reply #7547 on: October 28, 2023, 04:10:46 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Noted on this and just sent a message to our design team on this.  I’ve not heard of this happening so we’ll make sure to do more testing for the next clear sole shoes.  Holler at me on a PM if you want to replace those bad boys.

Hey, very much appreciated, sir. I love the shoes otherwise and have had other 440 colorways that have been perfect. This came as a total surprise, was baffled at first at what caused the issue -- a friend of mine actually pointed out the clear sole. Awesome if you can give a heads up to the design team.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #7548 on: October 28, 2023, 04:31:10 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

Hey, very much appreciated, sir. I love the shoes otherwise and have had other 440 colorways that have been perfect. This came as a total surprise, was baffled at first at what caused the issue -- a friend of mine actually pointed out the clear sole. Awesome if you can give a heads up to the design team.
So nice that they take up this kind of Intel. I'm skating the black 808 with that icy sole and no probs regarding that griptape residue. I only got a little chunk of the sole out but at the end I found some super glue that did the trick
Expand Quote
[close]

As Fuck.

MusclesMarinara

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 103
« Reply #7549 on: October 28, 2023, 05:37:03 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

They seem fairly priced for these days.    Anything under 100 seems kind

Also, appreciate that NB (like others) bought ad space on here to promote.   That’s the shit that keeps this place around

Most definitely, plus not only does the shoe have a real foam midsole, but the foam midsole is FuelCell. Which I would of believed to.have pushed it over the $100 dollar mark already.
Alex Olson never had the makings of a varsity athlete.

MOE SYZLAK

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 836
  • "I never got to taste cantaloupe"
    • Cassette Skate Shop avatar image
« Reply #7550 on: October 28, 2023, 06:31:36 AM »
 To whom it may concern SPot has a 30% off discount code SPOOKY 30.
Just used it to save $30 on some TK 600s.
So if you’re looking for a deal on a shoe that just came out. Hit that up!

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 248
« Reply #7551 on: October 28, 2023, 06:39:30 AM »

it concerned me, thanks, was going to try and track it down this weekend.   always nice when a shop doesn't care about just released shoes getting discounts

Murray Hewitt

• Rep: 56
« Reply #7552 on: October 28, 2023, 08:57:31 AM »
Agreed with above the more I see the 600, the more I like it. Going to hold out for an all white colorway. Already got too many shoes on ice.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #7553 on: October 28, 2023, 09:21:42 AM »
Same here for EU pals. SkateDeluxe has 15% till 31st + free shipping.
Expand Quote
[close]

As Fuck.

OhioGuy

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #7554 on: October 28, 2023, 10:19:48 AM »
The Reynolds 480 has become my default shoe. They just get more comfortable by the day. It’s wild. I don’t even want to wear my other pairs now. Before all this gear madness I’d wear the same pair of shoes for almost a year, not cause I couldn’t afford new ones, but because there’s nothing like a broken in pair of kicks.

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 622
    • a short part avatar image
« Reply #7555 on: October 29, 2023, 04:58:13 AM »
Have any of you tried the Knox 600? I really like both colorways. From all the models I tried, the 306 fit the best, but I can't wear Vulc shoes anymore. Most NB's feel a bit too narrow for me in the middle and at the heel. The 600 looks quiet narrow in the middle of the shoe but look good at the toes and at the heel. Haven't tried the 1010 yet and the 480 felt way too large the size US 7,5 I tried.
IG: @flowterspace

Daydream

• Rep: 80
« Reply #7556 on: October 29, 2023, 06:24:38 AM »
Have any of you tried the Knox 600? I really like both colorways. From all the models I tried, the 306 fit the best, but I can't wear Vulc shoes anymore. Most NB's feel a bit too narrow for me in the middle and at the heel. The 600 looks quiet narrow in the middle of the shoe but look good at the toes and at the heel. Haven't tried the 1010 yet and the 480 felt way too large the size US 7,5 I tried.
within the previous page..

Had my first session in the 600s last night.  The fit is indeed more comfortable than the 440 for my foot.  The sole is stiffer and slightly thicker throughout than the 440.  They really seem right in between the 440 and 1010 to me.

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 622
    • a short part avatar image
« Reply #7557 on: October 29, 2023, 06:40:56 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
within the previous page..

Expand Quote
[close]

Ah, sorry. My bad, thinking they just came out I didn't go back a page or two. Thanks.
IG: @flowterspace

Daydream

• Rep: 80
« Reply #7558 on: October 29, 2023, 06:46:25 AM »
No worries been a bunch of convo in this thread lately. Tough to follow at times.

Wasn’t sure if discussed but the “coffee and donuts” 480CND … (cease & desist dbl meaning?) ha.. is limited to 600 pairs total?

OhioGuy

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #7559 on: October 29, 2023, 08:20:57 AM »
No worries been a bunch of convo in this thread lately. Tough to follow at times.

Wasn’t sure if discussed but the “coffee and donuts” 480CND … (cease & desist dbl meaning?) ha.. is limited to 600 pairs total?
Not sure, but they did say they’re limited. I didn’t notice that the last three letters meant something until I saw NM480BOS on Reynolds shoe lol

Those Halloween 417s are something like NM417BOO 😅