Author Topic: Skate Shit you've Bought Recently  (Read 988046 times)

Phillyflared

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 38
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Skate Shit you've Bought Recently
« Reply #4680 on: May 07, 2020, 02:20:56 PM »
Expand Quote
Grabbed a couple t's from my buddies shop in Ohio and one of the SF twin ladies (H-Street fame)

[close]

the twin ladies tshirt is amazing
I was so hyped when I saw it!
Used to see them all the time

Live Fast Johnny

• Rep: 22
« Reply #4681 on: May 07, 2020, 07:22:22 PM »
Grabbed one of the Kinetic x Lotties SHOPS shirts that I am super stoked on.  The graphic reminds me of an old NYHC demo tape.

Also got a Bronze Longsleeve and Quasi hat from a few drops back on sale from Seasons.

Digital Rasta

« Reply #4682 on: May 08, 2020, 06:55:06 AM »

Got a set of these in 56mm. Never had a gray wheel before

Reed Richards

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 106
« Reply #4683 on: May 08, 2020, 02:05:00 PM »

My local only had the weird colored Conical Fulls.  So I got some Reds from them and ordered these from a small shop I found online.

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #4684 on: May 08, 2020, 03:15:54 PM »

My local only had the weird colored Conical Fulls.  So I got some Reds from them and ordered these from a small shop I found online.
those are so perfect. mind i ask which shop had them?

Reed Richards

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 106
« Reply #4685 on: May 08, 2020, 03:26:34 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Sure. 
http://seasonsskateshop.bigcartel.com
I figured I'm supporting someone's local.

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 400
« Reply #4686 on: May 08, 2020, 03:28:12 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]
Sure. 
Plus seasons fucking rule. Can never go wrong supporting those guys

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1115
« Reply #4687 on: May 08, 2020, 03:39:46 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]
Sure. 
[close]
Plus seasons fucking rule. Can never go wrong supporting those guys

I like your figuring, re: supporting someone’s local. It’s a good reminder for me to buy some shit from other rad shops.
I have those wheels in 53, favorite wheel in a long time.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2020, 01:18:39 AM by Ok »

sadnocomply

• Rep: 145
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #4688 on: May 08, 2020, 07:57:11 PM »

S/o Nocomply ATX

& s/o Mark McCloud  :o 8)

tom

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 989
  • the moon rules
« Reply #4689 on: May 08, 2020, 08:37:45 PM »
Grabbed one of the Kinetic x Lotties SHOPS shirts that I am super stoked on.  The graphic reminds me of an old NYHC demo tape.

Shot in the dark here, but does anyone know who/which shop got all butthurt about the Lotties shirts? I saw they mentioned that someone got super upset and sent a cease and desist, so they wouldn’t be making anymore of the shirts themselves, but that post got deleted. I asked a couple buddies that own shops that were part of this but they don’t know either

Rocklobster called me out when I said I wouldn’t buy anymore boards and he was right. I bought the eagle from a shop in Colorado a friend works at, and Grant Yansura gave me a WKND board earlier today. The WKND is bigger than I normally ride, but I’m still stoked. If anything I’ll skate it as a skatepark board
fuck you bama

Echelon

• Rep: 0
« Reply #4690 on: May 11, 2020, 06:37:30 AM »

Gonna try the Modus bearings out.
Clean em and put speedcream in them as I've heard they're slathered in thick grease.

Thunders are 147 Team Lights. Not sure what the point is of these since the forged baseplate is replaced with the heavier cast team baseplate leaving the only difference being the hollow kingpin.
Oh well, it's what the local shop had and I wanted a silver 147 thunder with cast/team baseplate anyway.
Hollow kingpin ads to the placebo/cool gimmick factor I guess.

Lou Strux

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2242
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #4691 on: May 11, 2020, 11:27:47 PM »
COVID has me interpreting supply shortages a little drastically & I now find myself snatching up supplies whenever possible.
I use the justification that I’m not going out or spending money on anything else, so why not build up a “just in case” supply in the closet. The stockpile is getting ridiculous though, but at least I know I’ll be set if the economy hits a reef & sinks before making it back to shore.
I tell myself that by preparing for the possibility that they won’t be around later on, I can support my local shop(s) NOW & help them finance an respectable funeral for themselves if it doesn’t work out, post corona.
Since the pandemic hit, I have purchased the following:
Ace 55s = 2 sets
Bones Swiss = 2 sets (1 is standard, 1 is 6 ball)
Spitfire Formula 4, 56mm Conical (full) 99 du = 3 sets
Polar P8 shape = 2
Welcome Jordan Sanchez (Nibiru) shape = 1
Scram BTP shape = 1
SoCal blank Z4 shape = 1
Grip for days
I think I’m set, & knowing I may never need to worry about decks again is reassuring & happys me all the way through to my heart 103 du Power Core.

« Last Edit: May 23, 2020, 09:44:59 PM by Lou Strux »

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

weon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 227
  • todo gratis todo gay
« Reply #4692 on: May 11, 2020, 11:56:48 PM »
I’m hesitant to hoard decks but I did buy a set of conical full 54/99 and a set of slimeball mini vomits 53/97. Pretty hyped on them, especially the tiny vomits, since I used to have 60mm ones (oh man do I hate risers tho). They’re not gonna be skated anytime soon tho since all my current wheels are doing a well.

I am however considering getting more Ace 44s since I’m still worried they’ll make the sizing changes post-pandemic. Anyone heard more about that? Guess that’s a question for the truck thread.
Lil' Wayne is more core than Jaden Smith.
Damn. Chico of Chocolate now Pyramids of Giza. What the hell is going on?

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 833
« Reply #4693 on: May 12, 2020, 04:16:15 AM »
Picked up a Plan B deck. Sheffey because that was the least embarrassing one I could find. While the company is pretty lame and does pretty much nothing of note with their stacked team, I've been curious about their decks ever since I saw a profile shot of one of the Joslin boards.

This thing is pretty unique, it's a PS "pro-spec" construction which is probably just marketing bs. It's labeled 8.25 but measures closer to 8.2 on my tape and is a compact 31.25 tip to tip with a 14.25 wb. The concave is mellow, not quite as flat as my Toy Machine monsters but definitely pretty flat. Tail seems a little short (haven't measured it), with a pretty mellow angle to it which should make for a very snappy pop. Nose is surprisingly large, I'd guess close to 7" and is a good bit steeper than the tail. The kicks are classic rounded popsicle shape and the deck is pretty full shaped, with only a very slight taper to the rear truck holes. It's kind of like a shorter, fuller quasi or wknd with round rather than blunt kicks. Put it on indy 144 titaniums and 54mm spitfire conical full but might switch to something lower if I don't like how it feels.

I broke my phone and had to get a total trash Obamaphone style thing since that's all the store had, so I'm waiting for sunlight to take a Pic because that's the only way it doesn't look like a blurry turd. Pretty stoked to try this thing out though, I love short and nimble setups and this ticks all the boxes. If it was 8.3 it would be in my goldilocks territory, at least on paper.

chillclinton87

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 142
« Reply #4694 on: May 12, 2020, 07:15:59 AM »
Just ordered a krooked zip zinger 7.75 width!

wich trucks you guys think would work on that?

i would either go with thunder 143 or 145 but can't really figure out the taper on the board and how wide it is over the trucks!

Any help is appreciated!

checking the CRUISER thread now...

Ok

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4695 on: May 12, 2020, 07:31:46 AM »
Sounds fun.
That grimple polarizer also sick.
I’ve never skated one, so i don’t know what truck size, I always assumed I’d just use 5.0s.
Narrower the better if the parts are gonna stay on that board tho, imo

Echelon

« Reply #4696 on: May 12, 2020, 07:35:51 AM »

i would either go with thunder 143 or 145 but can't really figure out the taper on the board and how wide it is over the trucks!

Any help is appreciated!

145's have 7.62" axle width and are recommended for board sizes 7.4-7.9.
Thunder 143 would be very small.
147 is another possibility if you prefer a slightly wider stance. This also give you the option to go a bit wider in the future if that's something you might want to try.

You can use shims/speed rings to shift the position of the wheels to your liking. Put extra shims on the inside of the wheels to push them out or remove the shims there and put them on the outside to push the wheels in.

But Thunder 145  is the recommended size for 7.75.
Hope this helped.

chillclinton87

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 142
« Reply #4697 on: May 12, 2020, 07:40:40 AM »
Expand Quote

Any help is appreciated!

[close]

147 is another possibility if you prefer a slightly wider stance. This also give you the option to go a bit wider in the future if that's something you might want to try.

You can use shims/speed rings to shift the position of the wheels to your liking. Put extra shims on the inside of the wheels to push them out or remove the shims there and put them on the outside to push the wheels in.

Hope this helped.

Perfect!

Just browsed through the Cruiser Thread and saw some dude rocking a zinger with indy 144 wich looked good too!

147 thunders is my regular truck size on my setup and i have 148s on my other 8.25 cruiser, so i guess i'll try to find some thunder 145s and might order some spitfire 80HD chargers in 54!

Thanks a lot for the fast reply!

if i have the setup ready i will figure out how to post photos on here!

Echelon

« Reply #4698 on: May 12, 2020, 08:47:09 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Any help is appreciated!

[close]

Hope this helped.
[close]

Perfect!

Just browsed through the Cruiser Thread and saw some dude rocking a zinger with indy 144 wich looked good too!

147 thunders is my regular truck size on my setup and i have 148s on my other 8.25 cruiser, so i guess i'll try to find some thunder 145s and might order some spitfire 80HD chargers in 54!

I've googled the the zip zinger board and I can see why the shape gets confusing. I'd still stick to 145's and wouldn't worry too much if the wheels are sticking out a bit.
Saw certain setups with huge cruiser wheels with the wheels sticking out quite a bit.
Might even try the trucks you've already got laying around.

Regarding posting images:
Under the Bold button there's a button with a Mona Lisa painting in it. It says "Insert Image" when hovering over that button. Upload a picture to Imgur or another hosting party and post the direct image link between the . You can get this link by right clicking on the image after you've uploaded it. "Copy address of this image".
I don't know how to resize the image so I resize it before uploading it to imgur. You can use Photoshop, Paint or perhaps a resizing website. 600 pixels wide is what I go for.

Krooked antihero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
« Reply #4699 on: May 12, 2020, 10:19:48 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Any help is appreciated!

[close]

Hope this helped.
[close]

Perfect!

[close]

I've googled the the zip zinger board and I can see why the shape gets confusing. I'd still stick to 145's and wouldn't worry too much if the wheels are sticking out a bit.
Saw certain setups with huge cruiser wheels with the wheels sticking out quite a bit.
Might even try the trucks you've already got laying around.

Regarding posting images:
Under the Bold button there's a button with a Mona Lisa painting in it. It says "Insert Image" when hovering over that button. Upload a picture to Imgur or another hosting party and post the direct image link between the . You can get this link by right clicking on the image after you've uploaded it. "Copy address of this image".
I don't know how to resize the image so I resize it before uploading it to imgur. You can use Photoshop, Paint or perhaps a resizing website. 600 pixels wide is what I go for.
When you use that Mona Lisa button you get those brackets where you paste your link. Write inside that first bracket for example with=400, end up looking like this: [ img width = 400 ] www. stupidnonsense.com [ img ] (spaces removed ofc)
europe's like the capitol of england and france and whatever

It sucks getting old.

Echelon

« Reply #4700 on: May 12, 2020, 10:47:59 AM »
When you use that Mona Lisa button you get those brackets where you paste your link. Write inside that first bracket for example with=400, end up looking like this: [ img width = 400 ] www. stupidnonsense.com [ img ] (spaces removed ofc)

Think I've tried that already, but it didn't work for some reason.
Perhaps I did something wrong, I'll give it another try next time.
Thanks!

weon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 227
  • todo gratis todo gay
« Reply #4701 on: May 12, 2020, 11:13:30 AM »
for me it only works if there is only one white space between the brackets: img width=400
Lil' Wayne is more core than Jaden Smith.
Damn. Chico of Chocolate now Pyramids of Giza. What the hell is going on?

Seadramon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
« Reply #4702 on: May 12, 2020, 04:17:18 PM »

Hit the quote button on my post and you'll be able to see how the width works.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2020, 04:19:01 PM by Seadramon »

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 586
« Reply #4703 on: May 12, 2020, 08:26:18 PM »
Don’t want to post the pictures but...
-Adidas Tyshawn
-Vans Xpl ir whatever the new slip ones are called
-Thrasher x Venture tee
-Vans Andre Allen tee
-Krooked Moon tee
-Thunder 149 ti
-Blind Rear End Rudy board
-Doh-Doh 95a bushing
-Indy Medium conical bushings
-Shorty 1” Allen
-Dooks 1/8 silencer
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

Ok

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4704 on: May 12, 2020, 09:15:53 PM »
-Adidas Tyshawn
-Thrasher x Venture tee
-Vans Andre Allen tee
-Krooked Moon tee
-Thunder 149 ti
-Doh-Doh 95a bushing
-Shorty 1” Allen
-Dooks 1/8 silencer

Oh hell no.
Not on my watch motherfucker

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1963
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #4705 on: May 12, 2020, 09:54:06 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Shot in the dark here, but does anyone know who/which shop got all butthurt about the Lotties shirts? I saw they mentioned that someone got super upset and sent a cease and desist, so they wouldn’t be making anymore of the shirts themselves, but that post got deleted. I asked a couple buddies that own shops that were part of this but they don’t know either

Rocklobster called me out when I said I wouldn’t buy anymore boards and he was right. I bought the eagle from a shop in Colorado a friend works at, and Grant Yansura gave me a WKND board earlier today. The WKND is bigger than I normally ride, but I’m still stoked. If anything I’ll skate it as a skatepark board
I fucking knew it!!

Been eyeing an WKND Alexis Sablone deck on Zumiez for a while but I've got load of BBS boards to work through (2 Element Nyjah boards, 2 from Canada Skate Shop).
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 438
« Reply #4706 on: May 12, 2020, 10:08:48 PM »
Expand Quote
-Adidas Tyshawn
-Thrasher x Venture tee
-Vans Andre Allen tee
-Krooked Moon tee
-Thunder 149 ti
-Doh-Doh 95a bushing
-Shorty 1” Allen
-Dooks 1/8 silencer
[close]

Oh hell no.

I too have a thrasher x venture shirt and am currently on ace. However I have 4 sets of I’m constantly rotating in and out.
Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 833
« Reply #4707 on: May 13, 2020, 02:20:39 AM »
Here's the pics of the plan B that no one asked for.

Really enjoyed my first session with it today despite the wind making flip tricks a bit more frustrating than usual. That mellow tail and 31.25" length make it really fun to just snap off quick little ollies, you can half ass them and still get reasonable pop.

Solid bowlcut

« Reply #4708 on: May 13, 2020, 03:21:03 AM »
Here's the pics of the plan B that no one asked for.

Really enjoyed my first session with it today despite the wind making flip tricks a bit more frustrating than usual. That mellow tail and 31.25" length make it really fun to just snap off quick little ollies, you can half ass them and still get reasonable pop.
Shitty graphics aside, kinda down to try one in the future for nostalgia sake.

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 586
« Reply #4709 on: May 13, 2020, 07:14:01 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
-Adidas Tyshawn
-Thrasher x Venture tee
-Vans Andre Allen tee
-Krooked Moon tee
-Thunder 149 ti
-Doh-Doh 95a bushing
-Shorty 1” Allen
-Dooks 1/8 silencer
[close]

Oh hell no.
[close]

I too have a thrasher x venture shirt and am currently on ace. However I have 4 sets of I’m constantly rotating in and out.

I have Ventures on my more serious set-up. Plus, I feel weird when doing the whole cross brand thing. I do let bones bearings slide.
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.