Author Topic: Skate Shit you've Bought Recently  (Read 989220 times)

Coffee (+ 1 Hidden) and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

tuesday

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 300
  • The mistery of shadows
Re: Skate Shit you've Bought Recently
« Reply #7260 on: January 07, 2022, 05:54:26 AM »
Just to chime in on the 80HD discussion. I have two sets of soft wheels. One set of Spitfire classics 80ds in 55mm and one set non-Spitfires (also cored, 55mm but 85a). The non-Spitfires feel exactly as described by Mbrimson88. Imagine tires that are slowly slipping of their rims in curves. Really strange and ugly feeling on them when carving, always expecting them to disintegrate. But not so with the Spitfires I have. At least I didn't notice it that much with them. Really fast wheels. I have them on a cruiser with Ace 33s and Bones medium bushings that I occasionally use in pump tracks. So much fun. My Spitfires are pretty old by now. At least 10 years, I guess. So production formula or age might be a factor.

Paul_Glider Skateboards

• Rep: 56
« Reply #7261 on: January 07, 2022, 10:46:48 AM »
Just to chime in on the 80HD discussion. I have two sets of soft wheels. One set of Spitfire classics 80ds in 55mm and one set non-Spitfires (also cored, 55mm but 85a). The non-Spitfires feel exactly as described by Mbrimson88. Imagine tires that are slowly slipping of their rims in curves. Really strange and ugly feeling on them when carving, always expecting them to disintegrate. But not so with the Spitfires I have. At least I didn't notice it that much with them. Really fast wheels. I have them on a cruiser with Ace 33s and Bones medium bushings that I occasionally use in pump tracks. So much fun. My Spitfires are pretty old by now. At least 10 years, I guess. So production formula or age might be a factor.

Hopefully mine are similar to yours. Ty for the insight!

-
We're a board company that specializes in the twin tail shape
www.instagram.com/gliderskateboards
www.gliderskateboards.com

DM us on IG if you're ever interested. We offer Slap Pals a generous discount!

TastyBurrito

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 552
« Reply #7262 on: January 07, 2022, 11:15:20 AM »
Let me preface that I like Spitfires, just not the 80HDs.

Like said in other posts, they're great of riding straight only, not carving, off high curbs, ledges, or even slappying anything.

In my initial setting them up, two of the cores literally couldn't hold my bearing – you flip it and the bearing just plopped out. Luckily, my local shop, had seen that problem and weren't afraid of popping open a new set and giving you the wheels that worked (they returned the set to DLX as faulty). Then once I had them working, I was at a pump track – a bit slippy on smooth concrete, but I attributed that to being new wheels. Leaving the track, I rolled off a tall curb on the way to the parking lot and a heard rattling. Another core busted and wouldn't hold the bearing in.

Went to my shop, again, and once again, they were great about switching out a wheel. I bought OJ Keyframes. I switched out the 80HDs to my wife's cruiser which strictly only rides on the smooth beach path. No problems since.

Put the Keyframes on my board and have been able to ride pools, cruise, and slappy curbs galore with no problems at all.

Paul_Glider Skateboards

• Rep: 56
« Reply #7263 on: January 07, 2022, 05:15:53 PM »

Like said in other posts, they're great of riding straight only, not carving, off high curbs, ledges, or even slappying anything.

In my initial setting them up, two of the cores literally couldn't hold my bearing – you flip it and the bearing just plopped out. Luckily, my local shop, had seen that problem and weren't afraid of popping open a new set and giving you the wheels that worked (they returned the set to DLX as faulty). Then once I had them working, I was at a pump track – a bit slippy on smooth concrete, but I attributed that to being new wheels. Leaving the track, I rolled off a tall curb on the way to the parking lot and a heard rattling. Another core busted and wouldn't hold the bearing in.

Went to my shop, again, and once again, they were great about switching out a wheel. I bought OJ Keyframes. I switched out the 80HDs to my wife's cruiser which strictly only rides on the smooth beach path. No problems since.

Put the Keyframes on my board and have been able to ride pools, cruise, and slappy curbs galore with no problems at all.

What size OJs did you get? If these don’t work out, I’ll for sure get those. Also appreciate you taking the time to write all of that

-
We're a board company that specializes in the twin tail shape
www.instagram.com/gliderskateboards
www.gliderskateboards.com

DM us on IG if you're ever interested. We offer Slap Pals a generous discount!

TastyBurrito

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 552
« Reply #7264 on: January 07, 2022, 08:10:27 PM »
Expand Quote

In my initial setting them up, two of the cores literally couldn't hold my bearing – you flip it and the bearing just plopped out. Luckily, my local shop, had seen that problem and weren't afraid of popping open a new set and giving you the wheels that worked (they returned the set to DLX as faulty). Then once I had them working, I was at a pump track – a bit slippy on smooth concrete, but I attributed that to being new wheels. Leaving the track, I rolled off a tall curb on the way to the parking lot and a heard rattling. Another core busted and wouldn't hold the bearing in.

[close]

What size OJs did you get? If these don’t work out, I’ll for sure get those. Also appreciate you taking the time to write all of that

56mm

Schinken

• Rep: 67
« Reply #7265 on: January 08, 2022, 12:19:08 AM »
Bought some Spitfire F4 Radial full in 57mm to see, if formula 4  really are that different from other wheels. Hope I won't regret spending my money.

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1039
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #7266 on: January 08, 2022, 02:43:45 AM »
Bought some Spitfire F4 Radial full in 57mm to see, if formula 4  really are that different from other wheels. Hope I won't regret spending my money.

I think you will enjoy them.

On the chance you don't like them, there is probably a rather long line of people willing to buy them, as they have sold out everywhere.

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

Qebrus

• Rep: 15
« Reply #7267 on: January 08, 2022, 07:15:32 AM »
Waiting on a new street setup,  Skateboard Cafe 8.5 (Woodshop is HLC to my knowledge, let’s see how the EU wood fairs) Ace AF1 55, Formula Four 54mm Conical, Bronson G3.

Steering away from my usual Indy and bones setup, excited to try something new.

burm

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 134
« Reply #7268 on: January 10, 2022, 05:15:10 AM »
In addition to the aforementioned Polar P2 I caved in on some more post xmas sales. Shop was having all remaining stock for -50% so I copped some 53mm 99A F4 Classics, random Mosaic bearings and Nike SB Adversary Premiums. I’ve had a sick fascination with the Adversarys, they look so lame and so comfy…

Stupid me, apparently I ordered regular Classics and not F4s. Adversarys feel pretty stiff at first, let's see how they break in. Fit feels pretty similar to Bruin Reacts, a bit narrow for my wide feet.
take what small comfort there may be left
seize what you love and damn all the rest

typeischeap

• Rep: 106
« Reply #7269 on: January 10, 2022, 05:59:20 AM »
OG F4/Fireballs in black ordered (can't resist black wheels I guess). Going to set them up on a fresh Polar Harrington smoker when they get here.
Unapologetic shoes and gear nerd deep into my 3rd era of skateboarding every day.

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 625
    • a short part avatar image
« Reply #7270 on: January 10, 2022, 09:05:21 AM »
Don't really know where is the right thread to post this.

Looks like the UK got the new Heroin (Skateboards) shipment. Hopefully Europe will follow soon.

https://www.sluggerskatestore.co.uk/collections/heroin

Maybe other shops will have some stuff too.

I am interested in the 8.25 decks..
BUT 14.6 wb sounds pretty wild for a 31.75 length.
What's up with that @darkthrone ? Or anyone else on here might know more?

Cheers pals.
IG: @flowterspace

Woodshop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 274
  • Just deck / woodshop info
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #7271 on: January 10, 2022, 03:14:12 PM »

Looks like the UK got the new Heroin (Skateboards) shipment. Hopefully Europe will follow soon.

Cheers pals.

That is a bit weird.

I had a look at a couple of other places, which also have them listed as 14.5 wb on the 8.25 but I thought it was more like 14.25 so unless someone forgot a "2" in there, maybe check with the shop before ordering, to see if they can measure it for you.

darkthrone

• Rep: 156
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #7272 on: January 10, 2022, 03:20:10 PM »
You're right, it is a 14.625, measured it myself, it's pretty long WB for an 8.25, its from the time I was riding 8.25's and wanted to stretch the WB and nose out a little bit, but might have to re-look at that soon. It seems to work though, as it's been out same 8.25 for a few years and people like it. Probably try and re-sample with a 14.125 WB or 14.25

Happy New year everyone.

Cheers pals.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1966
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #7273 on: January 10, 2022, 05:42:38 PM »
You're right, it is a 14.625, measured it myself, it's pretty long WB for an 8.25, its from the time I was riding 8.25's and wanted to stretch the WB and nose out a little bit, but might have to re-look at that soon. It seems to work though, as it's been out same 8.25 for a few years and people like it. Probably try and re-sample with a 14.125 WB or 14.25

Happy New year everyone.

Expand Quote

Cheers pals.
[close]

https://www.tactics.com/heroin/yankou-life-825-skateboard-deck - Tactics lists it as 14.625

And listed at 14.625 on the website too.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Woodshop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 274
  • Just deck / woodshop info
« Reply #7274 on: January 11, 2022, 04:09:24 AM »
I had to get in and check the kick lengths.

Very interesting!

SPECS
SIZE   8.25
WIDTH (IN):   8.25
LENGTH (IN):   32.0
WHEELBASE (IN):   14.625
NOSE (IN):   6.625
TAIL (IN):   6.375

maggot cunt

« Reply #7275 on: January 11, 2022, 05:27:58 AM »
ive had that yankou shape before, from the wordsmith series with the smiths lyrics on them. was fuckin great with ace 44’s, dogshit with thunder 149 ti’s. this was before i cared about wheelbases and relative trucks

MysticalTypeExperience

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: 128
« Reply #7276 on: January 11, 2022, 10:51:02 AM »
Incoming

Schinken

• Rep: 67
« Reply #7277 on: January 13, 2022, 06:27:26 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I think you will enjoy them.

On the chance you don't like them, there is probably a rather long line of people willing to buy them, as they have sold out everywhere.

Tried them yesterday. Nice wheels, but not like I can't ride anything else. If I'm being honest I could have bought some bones and there wouldn't be much of a difference.

Shifty Flip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
  • and the whistle is screaming
« Reply #7278 on: January 13, 2022, 10:28:58 AM »
Couple Chico Stix Big Boy shape last night. Surprised they're still in stock this morning. Says only 250 made, but that must be referring to the signed ones only. Soon as I'm through this Cvd I hope they're here and it's warm this day.

https://www.chicostix.com/products/speedy-the-original-big-boy-9

yourbreakfsat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 769
« Reply #7279 on: January 13, 2022, 07:32:05 PM »
Got a couple FA decks and a first aid kit.

I don't ever stock up on decks, but $45 for an FA deck is too good to pass up.

My current FAK was low on parts, so I decided to get a new one. I might transfer all the contents to a hardcase instead of leaving them in the bag.

FirstBlood82

• Rep: 118
« Reply #7280 on: January 14, 2022, 12:56:22 PM »

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 709
« Reply #7281 on: January 14, 2022, 01:00:40 PM »

Copped these bad boys for snow skating.
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

WideFeet

• Rep: 82
« Reply #7282 on: January 14, 2022, 07:35:00 PM »

Wow, you’re all in. Props to you!

How’s the new G6 insole feel on them?

MusclesMarinara

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 103
« Reply #7283 on: January 14, 2022, 09:37:22 PM »
Alex Olson never had the makings of a varsity athlete.

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 864
  • like….? brunch
« Reply #7284 on: January 15, 2022, 08:42:46 AM »
ace low bushings for my 6.1s
going with cracked riptides and flat top washers
shame its 16°F but i might have a 30 min solo sesh today
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

FirstBlood82

• Rep: 118
« Reply #7285 on: January 15, 2022, 12:21:33 PM »

Wow, you’re all in. Props to you!

How’s the new G6 insole feel on them?

felt very nice with the g6 insole, stock insole was nothing special

Frank and Fred

« Reply #7286 on: January 16, 2022, 09:35:08 AM »
Scored one of these... I feel kind of dirty. Five boards in my wall hanger collection (all Natas boards) now. It has to stop. Wife is OK with it though, as they gain value like crazy. These are already going for double on Ebay...

8 Color silk screen. Made at Watson laminates.

Urtripping

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 520
« Reply #7287 on: January 16, 2022, 03:49:15 PM »
Scumco 8.5 logo deck... cant wait to be all up on that wood from @pennswood  :-*
I saw your mommy and your mommy's dead

WideFeet

• Rep: 82
« Reply #7288 on: January 16, 2022, 11:05:47 PM »
Found a pair of Emerica Spanky Wino G6 Slip-on cupsoles in my size. Really hoping they fit because I’ll feel bad if I have to return them.

Did anyone reading this have these? Were they true to size?

Hazesack

• Rep: 4
« Reply #7289 on: January 17, 2022, 12:25:48 AM »
Went to a local Shop on Saturday to try on the Ishods. Fuck those are some narrow shoes, at least I know I will never feel the urge to get them. Got me a pair of Nike Force 58 on sale for 50€. They are fine and skate quite nicely in the 2 hours I skated them yesterday. The laces suck ass though.