Author Topic: cheap bearings  (Read 7976 times)

roba

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 792
cheap bearings
« on: April 20, 2019, 12:13:51 AM »
what are some good cheap bearings? i can’t afford bones swiss and i’m wondering if there are any cheaper alternatives that will last longer than two weeks. i’ve been looking at spitfire cheapshots, are they any good?
I'm ok with theft. It happens to me all the time.
I steal too

I’m rich and smart

R.I.P Tate

Complements4U

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 397
Re: cheap bearings
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2019, 12:21:52 AM »
what are some good cheap bearings? i can’t afford bones swiss and i’m wondering if there are any cheaper alternatives that will last longer than two weeks. i’ve been looking at spitfire cheapshots, are they any good?
Mini logo bearings. Bones reds. Bones super reds. Anything from skate one below the swiss is way better than Spitfire cheapshots.

talklessSkateMore

• Rep: -40
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2019, 12:59:24 AM »
I prefer the cheapshots over shakejunt and indy's $10 offerings. bronson is all placebo orange pill marketing
it said to learn how to tie for a reason.
This is all structured as a trap.
Tied by those who know the fundamentals.

rob

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 194
  • Lance Mountain
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2019, 01:06:19 AM »
Spitfire cheap shots and if they still make them I’m riding strictly on 4 sets of my wheels modus blacks and maybe black panthers if you wanna spend the same as reds 

The modus blacks feel so quality compared to all the bearings I’ve ever skated, but take my opinion lightly cause I’ve never had a set of brand new bones Swiss

Tried reds, Indy blacks, fkd, super reds, mini logos, spitfire Swiss, lucky,

But yeah, modus supposedly made in Europe somewhere so not China made or quality and grant taylor rides them
yes

roba

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2019, 01:40:21 AM »
Spitfire cheap shots and if they still make them I’m riding strictly on 4 sets of my wheels modus blacks and maybe black panthers if you wanna spend the same as reds 

The modus blacks feel so quality compared to all the bearings I’ve ever skated, but take my opinion lightly cause I’ve never had a set of brand new bones Swiss

But yeah, modus supposedly made in Europe somewhere so not China made or quality and grant taylor rides them

modus bearings aren't available in poland, none of the shops carry them. if it was an option then i wouldn't hesitate because i had a set back in the day and they were great. i had the abec 5s i think
I steal too

I’m rich and smart

R.I.P Tate

cosmicgypsies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 632
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2019, 03:12:04 AM »
ran a set of mini logos for about 2 years solid with periodical cleaning

been running andales since october, think one or two popped but other than that no issues

S.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 72
    • Fotos avatar image
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2019, 03:24:52 AM »

been running andales since october, think one or two popped but other than that no issues

I've tried lots of cheap bearings since I am a cheap person. I have found mini logos are the best of the lot. Lucky's are alright, too. SKF have been really great also. They are a gigantic bearing manufacturer, which makes bearings in hundreds of different sizes for all kinds of purposes. Some of their bearings marketed specifically for skating have not been very good though so I stopped buying them. Their industrial bearings are great for skating though and last for a long time. https://www.alibaba.com/showroom/skf-bearing-608.html

roba

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2019, 03:31:20 AM »

i bought andale blues for christmas, and now i have only 2 left. they're the worst bearings i've ever had, fuck that company and fuck joey brezinski
I steal too

I’m rich and smart

R.I.P Tate

cosmicgypsies

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2019, 03:39:53 AM »
damn thats lame, i have the uhhh guy mariano ones? and had no isses with them aside from 2 popping - got them on sale £10 down from £30 so no complaints. as far as cheap bearings go imo you really cant go wrong with mini logos or reds.

roba

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2019, 03:45:08 AM »
as far as cheap bearings go imo you really cant go wrong with mini logos or reds.

yeah i think i'm going to go with minilogos, i had a set a few years back and they were pretty decent and durable. reds have gotten much more expensive here recently, i could get two sets of minilogos for that price
I steal too

I’m rich and smart

R.I.P Tate

cosmicgypsies

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2019, 03:46:37 AM »
Expand Quote
as far as cheap bearings go imo you really cant go wrong with mini logos or reds.
[close]

yeah i think i'm going to go with minilogos, i had a set a few years back and they were pretty decent and durable. reds have gotten much more expensive here recently, i could get two sets of minilogos for that price

yeah my mini logos lasted a solid two years and none popped. cleaned them every 3 to 4 months (shook em up in a bottle w some degreaser, washed off with water, hairdried/towel then lubed) ran with no shields and they were perfect.

chris.

• Rep: 184
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2019, 04:42:53 AM »
I got some Andale blues - I popped the shields off and honestly they rip. Going on 9 or 10 months now. I just bought another cheap ass set for my other set-up, Cortina I think? We'll see how they go.

BoxStuffer

• Rep: 116
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2019, 05:27:42 AM »
Reds for cheap bearings.

Bones Swiss if you have the $$$.
Enjoy your life.

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -238
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2019, 05:50:36 AM »
Mininlogo
The cheapest Indy bearings too
My friend has a set of $11 indy bearings and they have lasted and been really good.
I rode his board and it felt almost like my $70 bearings s and when we did the spin test against each other. His wheels beat all my wheels.
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

sneakpeakmeek

• Rep: 0
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2019, 08:48:36 AM »
the new andale swiss with the white shields are quality bearings.

Lee Ralphs Dear Old Mum

« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2019, 09:10:40 AM »
I've had great luck with Indy Blacks. Only had a couple crap out on me. Mostly get a year out of them. Never cleaned them.

Bones 6Balls, if I'm flush
Rons for $25,  are pretty amazing.
Indy Black on a budget.

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2019, 12:28:21 PM »

Yet again rob, they are not made in Europe!

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1151
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2019, 12:31:36 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Just let the man think they are made in Europe.  It makes him happy and it’s not hurting anyone.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

B0udoir

• Rep: 1
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2019, 02:52:20 PM »
i bought andale blues for christmas, and now i have only 2 left. they're the worst bearings i've ever had, fuck that company and fuck joey brezinski

Yes, stay away from Andale. I had 3 sets (2 Mariano and 1 Daewon), they were pure shit and all were damaged in a couple of days. Bronsons are also bad quality.

Cheapshots are pretty decent if you remove the shields, because they are so weak and they bend inside by themselves.
My son has Mini-Logo since 2 years and they are still ok, but I don't know how long they would last with an adult landing on them.

By the way, there is a bearings brand in France named Coalition and they also claim that they are "made in Europe". But like Modus, no one knows exactly where it is coming from. I suspect that the packaging is done in Europe but the actual bearings are made in China, because in Europe it is legal to do that. For example it is legal to make a cheese and to name it Camembert, despite using milk from Poland or Wisconsin instead of the milk from cows eating the grass of the Camembert village in Normandy...

Nth syd bear

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2019, 06:01:26 PM »
Yeah i had a set of cheapshots that worked a lot better after cleaned/lubed and left the shields off
They were fine i would still be using them but i seem to have an abundance of bearings at the moment

I’d steal clear of mini logos personally.. jenkem agrees ha. I had a set years ago they sucked

I was just gifted a set of Andale Swiss which I’m not that psyched to try after reading things on here..

I’m skating Sunday shieldless titanium at the moment and really liking them so far
But they were next price range up

os89

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1182
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2019, 06:17:55 PM »
Mininlogo
The cheapest Indy bearings too
My friend has a set of $11 indy bearings and they have lasted and been really good.
I rode his board and it felt almost like my $70 bearings s and when we did the spin test against each other. His wheels beat all my wheels.

This, all Indy bearings are great for the price and are always cheap and/or on sale. I think for the money they are better than reds or any other cheap bearings.

backinaction

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 279
« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2019, 07:27:03 PM »
I’d steal clear of mini logos personally.. jenkem agrees ha. I had a set years ago they sucked

Mini Logo has new ones out that are rubber seals on both sides. Older ones had the metal shields on one side.  I think the new ones are better.

Dustwardprez

« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2019, 07:31:45 PM »

I buy reds.
Then I Disassemble the bearings and put the ceramic balls from my last set of super reds in the races.

Ceramics are quieter faster and cleaner. If you take care of them they can last decades

Nth syd bear

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2019, 08:39:00 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Mini Logo has new ones out that are rubber seals on both sides. Older ones had the metal shields on one side.  I think the new ones are better.

Well there you go.. the ones that i had that sucked had metal shields
Maybe they have improved

StroudMears

• Rep: -23
« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2019, 02:49:48 AM »
Flip HKD are by far the best affordable bearings I've ever had.

rob

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 194
  • Lance Mountain
« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2019, 03:24:22 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Just let the man think they are made in Europe.  It makes him happy and it’s not hurting anyone.

Wait since when was it mentioned around these parts modus weren’t euro made?

Cause I remember doing my own research and it was mentioned somewhere with rocknron that modus was one of the few bearings NOT made in China

So they made in China since ever?
yes

Bagelskate

• Rep: 62
« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2019, 05:09:38 AM »
Those Brandon Biebel cheap ass amazon ones that were in the sale section a while ago are pretty nice considering they were 5$

Beeker

• Rep: 41
« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2019, 09:29:26 AM »
Those Brandon Biebel cheap ass amazon ones that were in the sale section a while ago are pretty nice considering they were 5$

I was gonna say that, but didn't think this thread needed any more random ass suggestions. These FKD are the best bearings I've ever had and the one time I cleaned them in a year I noticed that they just seem higher quality than other stuff (aka the races are more solid). Would gladly pay the $25-30 that they normally cost. I'm assuming all the FKD pro bearings are the same. I wonder if the 'swiss gold' and the 'platinum' are just as good?

Dustwardprez

« Reply #28 on: April 21, 2019, 10:46:15 AM »
Hay what was that bearing that wee man was talking about on the Nigel show. He was showing off his Nullity brand and was talking about Watson. Then he said modern bearings suck and I was like yeah they fucking do.

I looked them up but they were sold out of ceramics. If my memory is correct they were us made and the standard bearings was inexpensive. Also when someone my age mentions a brand that doesn’t pay them I listen.

Take a close look at your plastic races. Quality is way down. I see air bubbles in the pour almost every time I open a red. That collects ledge and pool block funk. If you not running a ceramic kit it will slow or unseat your crooked grind wheel. It will sound like a fart when you spin it.

Dad you're embarrassing me

• Rep: 66
« Reply #29 on: April 21, 2019, 03:20:24 PM »
Is Sunday Hardware available outside of Australia? They’re my go-to cheap bearing.