Author Topic: Tyshawn SOTY 2022  (Read 40517 times)

radcunt

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 501
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
Re: Tyshawn SOTY 2022
« Reply #510 on: December 18, 2022, 06:26:09 PM »
SOTY is like getting an award from McDonalds for the dude who ate the most burgers in a month.

sizzle_chest

• Rep: -12
  • Kookin' Ain't Easy
« Reply #511 on: December 18, 2022, 06:32:42 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
White people so triggered over his attitude and fits
[close]

A lot of the flack he gets really does come down to this, so many frail and timid white skaters that hate to see a confident young black man succeed in ways they can only dream of.
[close]

when you grow up you'll realize criticism isn't fueled by hate, jealousy or racism
that's what undeveloped brains think

it's fueled by passion and a desire for getting the best of someone.
An ambitious guy like Tyshawn should praise it, you should too
[close]

In fairness, white males aren’t really given a lot of encouragement to be cocky or outwardly self promotional; that’s seen as a pretty gross trait when a white male exhibits it.  This societal discouragement could make white males more judgmental of self promotion/ ego / cockiness.  If you’re going to make something that is seen as unquestionably negative (cockiness/ ego) in one community, a positive staple of another, you might conflate people disliking a personality trait (albeit one encouraged in the black community) with racism.
[close]

This is a great point

Whites are cool with machismo too guys

modern life is war

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -619
« Reply #512 on: December 18, 2022, 06:51:32 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

A lot of the flack he gets really does come down to this, so many frail and timid white skaters that hate to see a confident young black man succeed in ways they can only dream of.
[close]

when you grow up you'll realize criticism isn't fueled by hate, jealousy or racism

[close]

In fairness, white males aren’t really given a lot of encouragement to be cocky or outwardly self promotional; that’s seen as a pretty gross trait when a white male exhibits it.  This societal discouragement could make white males more judgmental of self promotion/ ego / cockiness.  If you’re going to make something that is seen as unquestionably negative (cockiness/ ego) in one community, a positive staple of another, you might conflate people disliking a personality trait (albeit one encouraged in the black community) with racism.
[close]

This is a great point
[close]

People like that are extremely polarizing for white people, like Connor McGregor or Donald Trump.
You’re a Florida native, aren’t you?

sizzle_chest

• Kookin' Ain't Easy
« Reply #513 on: December 18, 2022, 08:31:15 PM »
G
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

This is a great point
[close]

[close]

People like that are extremely polarizing for white people, like Connor McGregor or Donald Trump.

Whites are so sensitive

sizzle_chest

• Kookin' Ain't Easy
« Reply #514 on: December 18, 2022, 08:39:34 PM »
#SensitiveSOTYforWhites

cwilks88

• Rep: -1
« Reply #515 on: December 18, 2022, 09:31:37 PM »
Full speech from last night:

Non IG Link (expires in 90 days):
https://streamable.com/rpk1lj

They ruined tf outta that with all the mic grabbing and saying stupid bs, embarrassing. What Tyshawn said himself was good and they should have left it at that. Definitely weird and pretty cringe to watch towards the end there.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 859
« Reply #516 on: December 18, 2022, 09:43:02 PM »
SOTY is like getting an award from McDonalds for the dude who ate the most burgers in a month.
Nah there's no award. Won't even give me a discount.

Dirty Douggie

• Rep: 11
« Reply #517 on: December 18, 2022, 10:30:28 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Meanwhile they all want to see a confident young black Nyjah, who is more successful than Tyshawn, win SOTY.... your logic really stands up to scrutiny dipshit
[close]

who mentioned nyjah? u speak for every white person now? idiot.

If you allow yourself to generalize about all the white and timid frail skateboarders so carelessly,  it's only fair that you let people generalize as freely as you do.

shouldn't

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 80
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #518 on: December 18, 2022, 11:13:30 PM »
suggesting that a caucasian person is being racist for disliking a few outfits worn by a black skateboarder or even their attitude is fucking ridiculous. a lot of people don’t like tfunk’s attitude/outfits, both of those get hated on frequently and nobody is implying it has anything to do with race. get the fuck out of here with all of that.

imagine fucking the dog shit outta chris roberts

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 501
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #519 on: December 18, 2022, 11:15:20 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
You've got the respect of the McDonalds eating community though for your commitment to their corporate endorsement though

Rune Spliffberg

• Rep: 109
« Reply #520 on: December 19, 2022, 04:23:53 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Meanwhile they all want to see a confident young black Nyjah, who is more successful than Tyshawn, win SOTY.... your logic really stands up to scrutiny dipshit
[close]

[close]

If you allow yourself to generalize about all the white and timid frail skateboarders so carelessly,  it's only fair that you let people generalize as freely as you do.

"so many" =/= "all". idiot.

Sizzle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -423
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #521 on: December 19, 2022, 07:30:16 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Are you also unironically #mcdonaldsgang? One summer I ate like 3 mcdoubles everyday because I lived right next door to one and my dick grew 3/4 of an inch. I'm not even shitposting and I was like 20 so it wasn't just puberty

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 859
« Reply #522 on: December 19, 2022, 07:40:58 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Are you also unironically #mcdonaldsgang? One summer I ate like 3 mcdoubles everyday because I lived right next door to one and my dick grew 3/4 of an inch. I'm not even shitposting and I was like 20 so it wasn't just puberty
During the 2000 Sydney Olympics a mcdonalds just happened too open right near my house and they had $1 bigmacs so I prob ate like 2-6 every day for two weeks.
Maybe McDonald's has some kind of built in monkey's paw where it makes your dick grow but it fucks up your heart making it harder to use.

Dirty Douggie

• Rep: 11
« Reply #523 on: December 19, 2022, 07:45:31 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Those are indeed two different expressions. Bravo le veau.
Yet they are both adequate once used in a context of generalisation. One is systematic (all), the other is not (so many).
Also, stop insulting people on the internet, it tells very sad things about you.

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1308
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #524 on: December 19, 2022, 07:51:50 AM »
I for one think tyshawn's skating deserved it as much as any one of the finalists. You can have your preferences but all of the top 4 did their specific kind of skating at the top level and were very prolific. The lack of excitement for me was with how his footage was handled this year. From the spreading of his best footage throughout three unecessary parts to billiams abysmal handling of his supreme part. All his accomplishments this year should have been a slam dunk on paper but watching it just didn't deliver on the wow factor.

FuzzGNU

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 194
  • The Spectre Haunting SLAP
« Reply #525 on: December 19, 2022, 08:53:49 AM »
I for one think tyshawn's skating deserved it as much as any one of the finalists. You can have your preferences but all of the top 4 did their specific kind of skating at the top level and were very prolific. The lack of excitement for me was with how his footage was handled this year. From the spreading of his best footage throughout three unecessary parts to billiams abysmal handling of his supreme part. All his accomplishments this year should have been a slam dunk on paper but watching it just didn't deliver on the wow factor.

Yeah, it felt like everything surrounding him and his own skating was a let down, but he himself delivered.

Filming? Trash. Even the filming in non-Strobeck parts didn't do his tricks justice (and that's even aside from tablegate).

Music choice? The General trailer was X Gon Give It To Ya. That would have been the way better DMX track for his style of skating (second track was awesome though). Songs for his other parts were a bit weak too.

He even gave extra flare with the tablegate redo and the BS flip announcement. Just wish everyone else around him stepped it up a bit more.
Skateboarding is the ultimate challenge.

lilyung

• Rep: -8
« Reply #526 on: December 19, 2022, 09:17:34 AM »
After hearing Gary speak its clear why they script those one liners in his weekly 3 minute Chappelle impersonation wrap-up videos. I'd be booing too if I had to listen to his room-temperature IQ thoughts in any format without a mute button.

Haha did you watch the vid tho? It appeared that some weirdo(s) was already talking shit when TJ had the mic. That's cool that he ignored it but someone had to address that.

I think Gary was in a tough spot where he’s friends with these cats but he’s basically the face of the mag so his job as a host is to ease the tension. He mediated well.

That's wild that you think the host should give some sort of Ted Talk.

Can anyone confirm if booing the winner is a common occurrence at the SOTY parties?
Going to a celebration with hater energy is major kook activities.

WavyDavy

• Rep: 125
« Reply #527 on: December 19, 2022, 09:32:08 AM »
Can anyone confirm if booing the winner is a common occurrence at the SOTY parties?
Nah, that's the kind of shit talk tj wants like he said in that vid with nakel

Newphone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -520
« Reply #528 on: December 19, 2022, 09:49:41 AM »
Seeing soft bill talk shit was super intimidating.  The whole scene on stage was a great example of why it’s best to drink after the ceremony, no one came out of that lookin good. 

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1308
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #529 on: December 19, 2022, 09:50:21 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I watched that recently and found it hilarious when they were talking about how no one on FA was doing anything. Nakel joined in like he wasn't one of the inactive ones that was collecting a check for doing the minimum. Dude has second hand tyshawn confidence and is the david loy of that entourage.

Also, didn't tyshawn say in his interview he doesn't watch skating? Maybe thats how he missed the 2 parts from Aiden, Elijah, full parts from AVE, multiple from Louie, plus the entire hockey team within the past two years. Just cause they didn't want to release anything through them doesn't mean they werent doing anything.

lilyung

« Reply #530 on: December 19, 2022, 10:20:23 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I thought he was referencing how fighters will talk shit at weigh ins?
Seemed like an invite for the other contenders to send some shots.

If you're a rando, and days after the winner is announced you decide to go out of your way to bring your saltiness to the proverbial victory parade...

Newphone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -520
« Reply #531 on: December 19, 2022, 10:29:38 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

If you're a rando, and days after the winner is announced you decide to go out of your way to bring your saltiness to the proverbial victory parade...

Probably some racists snuck in, only way to explain how they wouldn’t like tyshawn.

Lhotse’s Pit of Death

• Rep: -425
« Reply #532 on: December 19, 2022, 11:15:53 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
I watched that recently and found it hilarious when they were talking about how no one on FA was doing anything. Nakel joined in like he wasn't one of the inactive ones that was collecting a check for doing the minimum. Dude has second hand tyshawn confidence and is the david loy of that entourage.

Also, didn't tyshawn say in his interview he doesn't watch skating? Maybe thats how he missed the 2 parts from Aiden, Elijah, full parts from AVE, multiple from Louie, plus the entire hockey team within the past two years. Just cause they didn't want to release anything through them doesn't mean they werent doing anything.
Agreed. After hearing Kader’s fried Bunt interview and reading the Sneeze article with KRod, I feel like some of the old school guys that created companies like Dill and Reynolds had some bad experiences with predatory managers, work ethic, and monetary advice when they were young professionals. I could see how they might not want to force some of the things that they were made to do back in the day on their teams now and that creates an environment where skaters become ‘lazy’ doing other projects (like Sage with his music for ex) and ultimately not skating as much as professionals are expected to skate. The negative side to this is we don’t get to see some of our favorite pros skate as much- but if they’re getting a decent salary and their mental health is good I think it’s cool that Dill, Reynolds…etc aren’t on their asses every day trying to get forced clips.
It’s great that TJ wants to be productive, but his partner in crime Nakel, was the epitome of benefitting from not getting made to work hard from FA and Supreme and as you just pointed out a ton of FA Hockey skaters - including TJ’s talent equal on the team LL- put out quite a bit of decent footage this year.

No Wave Comply

• Rep: 139
  • Phantom of the Skatepark
« Reply #533 on: December 19, 2022, 11:54:24 AM »
I mean it makes sense tyshawn just surrounds himself with a bunch of yes man trying to stepping stool off of him. But damn watching Strobeck and Gary grab for the mic repeatedly was so cringe

Don't forget Nak
a grunt  a mudhog  a slimedog
a simple servant  a hired hand

“Come in here dear boy, have a gnar, you’re gonna go far!”

WavyDavy

• Rep: 125
« Reply #534 on: December 19, 2022, 12:01:03 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

Probably some racists snuck in, only way to explain how they wouldn’t like tyshawn.

Only explanation is that some proud boys sneaked inside

No Wave Comply

• Rep: 139
  • Phantom of the Skatepark
« Reply #535 on: December 19, 2022, 12:05:34 PM »

Agreed. Tis the nature of hype. It's bound to be underwhelming.
a grunt  a mudhog  a slimedog
a simple servant  a hired hand

“Come in here dear boy, have a gnar, you’re gonna go far!”

lilyung

« Reply #536 on: December 19, 2022, 12:13:47 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

Huh? Was just saying it's kooky to go to someone's party if you don't like em.
Do we really have to spell out why that is lame?

The GH race card thing was outta pocket for sure. And regarding the hecklers, I was never insinuating that they were racist. 

Now that you've brought it up, I guess it doesn't seem too farfetched that someone who goes out of their way to go to a SOTY party and to hate on the winner might have some similarities to a racist in terms of logic and how they channel their anger

Sizzle

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #537 on: December 19, 2022, 12:14:34 PM »
Nak's rant brought me so much vicarious joy i was doing an approving grimace face and nodding the whole time. honestly shoutout to fat bill too for defending his friend. i felt bad for TJ he looked so nervous giving his speech and he was very gracious, bummer he had to deal with those annoying drunk twats

sluggers

• Rep: -407
« Reply #538 on: December 19, 2022, 12:39:43 PM »
Expand Quote
Full speech from last night:

Non IG Link (expires in 90 days):
https://streamable.com/rpk1lj
[close]

The fuck... Vibes from the audience seemed a bit weird. And as a result, on stage as well.

I've never seen people try to sandbag a SOTY so hard before this year. USA seriously on some fucked vibes right now.

All of these people trying to ruin the moment, their brains and personalities are fucked from getting COVID too many times. How are you going to go to an award night just to be weird? Let the guy speak on his night. So strange.

What the $#%k is going on at Thrasher.? That was all kinds of regular.

Sizzle

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #539 on: December 19, 2022, 12:52:49 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Have you considered that maybe some skaters don't want to see a fucking kenya fit in every single clip in the supreme video?