Author Topic: pj ladd project granite  (Read 9963 times)

The Pillar

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 17
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: pj ladd project granite
« Reply #30 on: March 17, 2009, 03:41:26 PM »
it was cole that did the nose manual nollie tre, not danny garcia. rodney mullen said they didn't use his because the nose manual was too long, they wanted a quicker set up or something like that. and i think mj's trick was a nosegrind nollie frontside flip, not switch nosegrind half cab flip. could be mistaken though.

and i can't wait to see the tricks pj does.

yeah, this contest was discussed not long ago, but I don't know what thread it was in.
Rodney: nose manual nollie tre flip out. (cole got honorable mention in the ad, but like garcia just began getting flowed, by world)
Gershon: Was it a sack tap? I may have to dig that out. No one accomplished "the mission"
MJ: Ok, so in the first tiltmode he does a sw fs nosegrind to halfcab flip. I remember the sequence in the contest was at the same bench spot so I assume this is the correct stance. However, I seem to recall maybe the winning contest doing the trick non-switch and they gave it to him anyway. (That could be a memory of mine at the time though of thinking doing that trick switch was impossible.) MJ made the remark about not believing it possible for a kid being able to do his trick. (This could have contributed to my own memory) But it was summer 97 I think, definitely not 94. A-team was only around from a couple years there.
D3: kickflip, bs nosegrind, nollie kickflip out. maybe danny garcia did this one? although I feel like he did rodney's and no one did either mayhew or gershon's tricks.

dirtjers

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 102
  • Far out man.
« Reply #31 on: March 17, 2009, 05:05:35 PM »
the sequence of marc johnson's trick was definitely switch, but they wrote nose grind nollie fs flip out on the caption. unless they mirror moded the pics he definitely did it switch. i still have that mag laying around somewhere, it was one of my earliest ones. was koston on the cover doing ss tail?

The Pillar

• Rep: 17
« Reply #32 on: March 17, 2009, 05:24:16 PM »
the sequence of marc johnson's trick was definitely switch, but they wrote nose grind nollie fs flip out on the caption. unless they mirror moded the pics he definitely did it switch. i still have that mag laying around somewhere, it was one of my earliest ones. was koston on the cover doing ss tail?

they ran in transworld if that helps. but there are potentially two issues to choose from because there was the initial introduction sequence that ran, and then the winner ad.

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2264
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #33 on: March 17, 2009, 05:34:57 PM »

Yep I was gonna post that also. The sequence was switch nosegrind halfcab flip, and they had it mislabeled it as nosegrind nollie half cab flip.

What I want to know about this contest is how fucking much it's gonna cost to ship a fucking granite bench to the winner?!!

And I hope you all know that my favourite skater JeffWonSong is going to win every trick.

http://www.youtube.com/user/jeffwonsong?blend=1&ob=4

Pine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 161
« Reply #34 on: March 17, 2009, 05:46:18 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Yep I was gonna post that also. The sequence was switch nosegrind halfcab flip, and they had it mislabeled it as nosegrind nollie half cab flip.

What I want to know about this contest is how fucking much it's gonna cost to ship a fucking granite bench to the winner?!!

And I hope you all know that my favourite skater JeffWonSong is going to win every trick.

for real, im your favorite skater?

MexicanSpaniard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
  • S&H
« Reply #35 on: March 17, 2009, 05:54:10 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Go Pine!

nkarasch

• Rep: -29
« Reply #36 on: March 17, 2009, 06:17:13 PM »
haha yeah pine get ready for your new granite bench

frenchtoast

• Rep: -55
« Reply #37 on: March 17, 2009, 08:11:39 PM »
pine + pj shoes + a new dc thug look + granite bench =  :o

Beer Keg Peg Leg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -35
« Reply #38 on: March 18, 2009, 06:47:31 AM »
I think COTG did this trick first try no warm-up, but he wont enter because he doesn't film.

Watson

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #39 on: March 18, 2009, 07:20:26 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Woah! Are you seriously Jeff Won Song?! Like no kidding?

ChildoftheGhetto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1323
  • Nathaniel Turner with a burner
« Reply #40 on: March 18, 2009, 09:17:02 AM »
I think COTG did this trick first try no warm-up, but he wont enter because he doesn't film.
Depending on what the first trick is, I'm going to enter, and probably win.

H8R part 4

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -301
« Reply #41 on: March 18, 2009, 09:29:59 AM »
Pine > COTG

Pine

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #42 on: March 18, 2009, 12:07:39 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

yes i am

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #43 on: March 18, 2009, 01:24:11 PM »
Gershon's was called a yoshi air. It was basically an ollie to late straight no comply without a foot hitting the ground. Like an ollie where your front foot comes off and the board bounces off the back knee. And he did it over a pyramid.

Chet Thomas did a fakie hardflip revert on a bank.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

KoRnholio8

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1500
  • SkateMagArchive
    • SkateMagArchive avatar image
« Reply #44 on: March 18, 2009, 01:34:11 PM »
Gershon's was called a yoshi air. It was basically an ollie to late straight no comply without a foot hitting the ground. Like an ollie where your front foot comes off and the board bounces off the back knee. And he did it over a pyramid.

the one that halsam does in almost?

Blue Fescue

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 303
« Reply #45 on: March 18, 2009, 02:31:06 PM »
That hippie looking guy won chet thomas' trick.  And then went on a roadtrip with his girlfriend. 

sal23

« Reply #46 on: March 18, 2009, 02:41:06 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

ron allans?

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #47 on: March 18, 2009, 02:44:16 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

ron allans?
kind of, but now that I think of it, I'm pretty sure he brought the board totally vertical and pulled his legs together for a second. Somebody else remembers right? Help!
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

paablo

• Rep: -3
« Reply #48 on: March 18, 2009, 02:47:51 PM »

1. Pine is my favortie skateboarder to. Next to Geoff Rowley, Quim Cardona and Anthony Correra.

2. I clearly remember seeing the sequence of the guy who won rodneys trick in the A-team challange.
To this day Iam fucking sure it was a switch nosemanual fakie 360 flip.

3. Noone did Gershons trick, right? I was like 13 and never been more stoked in my life.

4. I really like shrimps. On sandwiches. With eggs.

era

« Reply #49 on: March 18, 2009, 03:16:23 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Depending on what the first trick is, I'm going to enter, and probably win.

ledge has to be higher than 6 inches, automatic disqualification, sorry.

biggums mcgee

« Reply #50 on: March 18, 2009, 03:18:51 PM »
Expand Quote
it was cole that did the nose manual nollie tre, not danny garcia. rodney mullen said they didn't use his because the nose manual was too long, they wanted a quicker set up or something like that. and i think mj's trick was a nosegrind nollie frontside flip, not switch nosegrind half cab flip. could be mistaken though.

and i can't wait to see the tricks pj does.
[close]

yeah, this contest was discussed not long ago, but I don't know what thread it was in.
Rodney: nose manual nollie tre flip out. (cole got honorable mention in the ad, but like garcia just began getting flowed, by world)
Gershon: Was it a sack tap? I may have to dig that out. No one accomplished "the mission"
MJ: Ok, so in the first tiltmode he does a sw fs nosegrind to halfcab flip. I remember the sequence in the contest was at the same bench spot so I assume this is the correct stance. However, I seem to recall maybe the winning contest doing the trick non-switch and they gave it to him anyway. (That could be a memory of mine at the time though of thinking doing that trick switch was impossible.) MJ made the remark about not believing it possible for a kid being able to do his trick. (This could have contributed to my own memory) But it was summer 97 I think, definitely not 94. A-team was only around from a couple years there.
D3: kickflip, bs nosegrind, nollie kickflip out. maybe danny garcia did this one? although I feel like he did rodney's and no one did either mayhew or gershon's tricks.

thanks for clearing all that up...I was born in 1990 so the only talk I ever heard of it was on here..

paablo, thats one random list of favorite skaters!

Watson

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #51 on: March 18, 2009, 05:19:54 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

yes i am

WORD! Dude, I'm totally stoked on your YouTube videos. Big ups!

Pine

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #52 on: March 18, 2009, 05:53:30 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

yes i am
[close]

WORD! Dude, I'm totally stoked on your YouTube videos. Big ups!

sweet, glad you like them

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
« Reply #53 on: March 18, 2009, 06:40:07 PM »
Go Pine!
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

paablo

• Rep: -3
« Reply #54 on: March 19, 2009, 02:25:13 AM »
paablo, thats one random list of favorite skaters!

I know! To be totally honest Iam feeling kinda
proud of my list and planning to stick with it.
Need one more though, to make it a proper
Top 5.

Kirtap

• Rep: 15
« Reply #55 on: March 19, 2009, 02:34:39 AM »
Can't wait to see Pine skate that granite bench in his driveway.

Cashedout

• Rep: -6
« Reply #56 on: March 19, 2009, 03:08:12 AM »
What are the shipping costs for a granite bench?

Well considering that the say if you live somewhere that you cant keep the bench ie an apartment then they will send you $5000 in DC gear must be a shit load on top of the benches cost. Im assuming the first trick is a half cab heel crook front shuv it out he doesit on the granite bench in a DC ad in the new The Skateboard mag...
« Last Edit: March 19, 2009, 03:15:18 AM by Cashedout »

Narcissus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 301
« Reply #57 on: March 19, 2009, 06:54:13 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

ron allans?
[close]
kind of, but now that I think of it, I'm pretty sure he brought the board totally vertical and pulled his legs together for a second. Somebody else remembers right? Help!

Expand Quote
all i know is g mos did the most in that contest, and i dont think anyone ever did his trick, haha
[close]

the fucking no-handed airwalk where you launch your board up into your crotch, hold it between your feet then slap it back down before you hit the ground and castrate yourself...

what a maneuver.
i saw my grandma bail off a 4 set once in my house and she even got up and came to red lobster after.
Quote from: The Kitten!
get wasted and pass out.

ChildoftheGhetto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1323
  • Nathaniel Turner with a burner
« Reply #58 on: March 19, 2009, 08:11:21 AM »
Expand Quote
What are the shipping costs for a granite bench?
[close]

Well considering that the say if you live somewhere that you cant keep the bench ie an apartment then they will send you $5000 in DC gear must be a shit load on top of the benches cost. Im assuming the first trick is a half cab heel crook front shuv it out he doesit on the granite bench in a DC ad in the new The Skateboard mag...
The first trick is going to be way easier than that.

Cashedout

• Rep: -6
« Reply #59 on: March 19, 2009, 08:22:20 AM »
Probably, but not much easier. They are giving away thousands of dollars of stuff, I'm sure it's not going to be a cakewalk...