Author Topic: Spitfire formula four  (Read 719868 times)

Weezil

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 32
Re: Spitfire formula four
« Reply #2700 on: June 12, 2020, 05:08:32 PM »
I thought bigheads and classics were the same shape?

always liked bigheads for the graphic on them, but have love for the swirl now. but if bigheads are wider I might have to snag a set.

Shuh

• Rep: 1
« Reply #2701 on: June 15, 2020, 02:52:34 AM »
The grey Radials f4 are in my country, I don't know what spitfire was thinking that color its straight up ugly. Could not pull the trigger because of that

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1970
« Reply #2702 on: June 15, 2020, 07:01:48 AM »
Not that I really care (cuz I actually kinda like the natural off-white look), but if Spitfire is capable of making a bunch of different colored Formula Fours, you'd think they'd dye a pure white one too?

palelight

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 166
« Reply #2703 on: June 15, 2020, 08:30:28 AM »
I thought bigheads and classics were the same shape?

always liked bigheads for the graphic on them, but have love for the swirl now. but if bigheads are wider I might have to snag a set.

Same basic shape as classics, slightly wider overall and slightly wider contact patch. They don't have that handy sizing chart for the bigheads like they do with F4's, but it's a couple mm's per wheel size.

Chatbot

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 79
« Reply #2704 on: June 15, 2020, 09:00:51 AM »
I've been skating 52-53mm for ever now but recently I was only able to find 56mm. I thought I'd be bummed that they would be too big but I'm actually hyped on them. Full conical 99d 56mm the new go to

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #2705 on: June 15, 2020, 09:47:04 AM »
I've been skating 52-53mm for ever now but recently I was only able to find 56mm. I thought I'd be bummed that they would be too big but I'm actually hyped on them. Full conical 99d 56mm the new go to
On what trucks/height? Considering 56mm conical fulls w 53.5mm high venture 6.1

Chatbot

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 79
« Reply #2706 on: June 15, 2020, 10:07:44 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
On what trucks/height? Considering 56mm conical fulls w 53.5mm high venture 6.1

Thunder 147s. I also threw on 1/8 risers just for a little extra wheelbite precaution

256 Ply

• Rep: 22
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2707 on: June 15, 2020, 11:30:15 AM »
Anybody had this happen? Put bearings in this set of radial slims and when I went today to set them up noticed one of the wheels had split entirely to the core....sent in a note to DLX so let's see.

Saw this before years back. Deluxe covered it, no hassles whatsoever.
Surprised to see that happen again though, a very weird, specific defect.

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2708 on: June 16, 2020, 11:54:24 AM »

“Last batch we get for a while” and also see comments, not urethane shortage but factory
« Last Edit: June 16, 2020, 11:57:24 AM by jay_nev »

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #2709 on: June 16, 2020, 11:57:14 AM »
Damn. Does anyone know what the deal actually is with all this? Like is it 100% due to COVID closures or is there something else?

Stigmata

• Rep: 8
« Reply #2710 on: June 16, 2020, 09:37:50 PM »
I really wanna try out some OG classics. Are the SFW's just non-formula four lock ins?

Big Baby Jesus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 266
    • Suciu avatar image
« Reply #2711 on: June 17, 2020, 04:00:44 AM »
I really wanna try out some OG classics. Are the SFW's just non-formula four lock ins?

I'm on 55mm sfw. They're basically og formula conical fulls. Love em.
flat spotted 3 times in 2 weeks, other than that awesome wheels

Baby is gonna be raised by Max and Cyrus

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2712 on: June 17, 2020, 05:13:58 AM »
So any difference between sfw and og classic shape?

spanyard

• Rep: 77
« Reply #2713 on: June 17, 2020, 05:22:24 AM »
SFW are 99% identical to The shape of F4 conical fulls, but classic non-F4 formula with the tiny threaded/ribbed surface on the contact patch.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2020, 05:24:47 AM by spanyard »

FredGallsBallz

• Rep: -7
« Reply #2714 on: June 17, 2020, 08:58:11 AM »
This isn't a Spitfire specific question but I only ride Spitfire, so I'm dropping it here. Do conical, radial and the other shapes with a wide riding service cone at the same rate/manner as the classic shapes? Has anyone ever paid attention to this? Peace.

Paperclip20

• Rep: 137
  • Please send symmetrical board information
« Reply #2715 on: June 17, 2020, 10:17:24 AM »
This isn't a Spitfire specific question but I only ride Spitfire, so I'm dropping it here. Do conical, radial and the other shapes with a wide riding service cone at the same rate/manner as the classic shapes? Has anyone ever paid attention to this? Peace.

they don't necessarily cone faster but personally I have found it more noticeable on conicals since they have that more squared shape. All you need to do is rotate them like once per month, or I do whenever I switch decks.

FredGallsBallz

• Rep: -7
« Reply #2716 on: June 17, 2020, 10:42:45 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

they don't necessarily cone faster but personally I have found it more noticeable on conicals since they have that more squared shape. All you need to do is rotate them like once per month, or I do whenever I switch decks.

Thanks, that's what I figured. I hate taking the wheels off the axles because I'm worried I'll never get the nut to thread correctly again. But that's a topic for another thread.

gsosa

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 293
« Reply #2717 on: June 17, 2020, 10:44:42 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Thanks, that's what I figured. I hate taking the wheels off the axles because I'm worried I'll never get the nut to thread correctly again. But that's a topic for another thread.
Just get the Indy skate tool with the rethreader thingy (or any other brand that has that)

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1970
« Reply #2718 on: June 17, 2020, 10:44:52 AM »
My shop got a bunch of Tablets in so I picked up a set in case another shortage comes through. My current set still have some life left but I can't wait to try these out.

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1113
« Reply #2719 on: June 17, 2020, 11:09:25 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
Just get the Indy skate tool with the rethreader thingy (or any other brand that has that)

Juanjo789 got your cure

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2720 on: June 17, 2020, 09:36:50 PM »
https://www.ebay.com/itm/143634633456

Wtf is this??

Seller has bunch of other F4 bundles

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1957
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #2721 on: June 17, 2020, 09:59:24 PM »
https://www.ebay.com/itm/143634633456

Wtf is this??

Seller has bunch of other F4 bundles

I clicked into the seller's page but didn't see any other products. Are the other F4s Classics and Radial Slims? They could be fakes from China, widely available on Taobao and Aliexpress.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

thelonelynow

« Reply #2722 on: June 17, 2020, 10:07:43 PM »
Item Location: Japan

Then for me it says "This item does not ship to Japan".

I guess because you will go to prison selling counterfeit items here or the vendor is scared a local buyer would come track them down and then not bow when they greeted them and demanded a refund.

Also, a good way to be publicly shamed in the local newspaper.

Edit: Or perhaps they aren't fakes and this is why we rarely have Spitfires here for the past year. This guy is a postal Ninja and intercepts all shipments to shops containing Formula Fours!
« Last Edit: June 17, 2020, 10:19:08 PM by thelonelynow »

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2723 on: June 17, 2020, 10:15:12 PM »

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 146
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #2724 on: June 17, 2020, 10:28:03 PM »

I guess because you will go to prison selling counterfeit items here or the vendor is scared a local buyer would come track them down and then not bow when they greeted them and demanded a refund.

Edit: Or perhaps they aren't fakes and this is why we rarely have Spitfires here for the past year. This guy is a postal Ninja and intercepts all shipments to shops containing Formula Fours!
be careful too because a few Local shops in Japan have recently reported individual sellers selling fake F4s on places like  eBay and mericari etc.

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

thelonelynow

« Reply #2725 on: June 17, 2020, 10:36:07 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
be careful too because a few Local shops in Japan have recently reported individual sellers selling fake F4s on places like  eBay and mericari etc.

Oh for sure! The only legit F4's we've had since last June in my local shop are some Black 58mm Classics and the Gray 54mm Radials I got, which they had 3 sets of. I sometimes order from Prime Tokyo as they are DLX's seemingly favorite shop to keep supplied but even they have been out forever...

That guy won't ship local to Japan, that makes it smell fishy right away!

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1957
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #2726 on: June 17, 2020, 10:43:36 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

They started with selling wheels from defunt brands (Deca, Industrial Rideshop) or older stock of popular ones (Girl, Pig) but have started selling Spitfires in the past 3-4 months. A friend bought a set from a local seller and there were a few glaring mistakes.

Durometer printed on the wheel was 100d.
Bone white instead of yellow/white.

The online sellers also sell old Royal, Destructo and Independent trucks. They also do counterfeit Element, Baker, DGK and Supreme decks while selling ex-stock of older Crail products with Guy Mariano's name on the boards. They even have a wheel and truck brand named Koston.

https://skatesky.en.alibaba.com/product/660297438-212640125/Wholesale_price_mixed_color_PU_skate_wheel_51mm_for_skateboard_wheels.html?spm=a2700.icbuShop.41413.9.67535de3L3AiSe
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

giant_skater

• Rep: 0
« Reply #2727 on: June 19, 2020, 01:17:49 AM »
I rode tablets for a month then switched up to conical fulls. the tabs were mint at parks and lock in mint but are noticeably rougher on streets. smallest rock and they threw my ass. conical fulls are perfect for both wont ride anything else now. love their smooth ride and stability and they still pop sweet. straight street crusher. 52mm 99a

BMCsteve

• Rep: 54
« Reply #2728 on: June 19, 2020, 05:51:59 AM »
Has anyone seen some 101 52mm conical fulls recently? Can’t find a pair to save my life

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2729 on: June 19, 2020, 08:04:04 AM »
Has anyone seen some 101 52mm conical fulls recently? Can’t find a pair to save my life
https://www.ebay.com/itm/224050372591

Just listed