Author Topic: Spitfire formula four  (Read 689815 times)

imuseless

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 14
Re: Spitfire formula four
« Reply #2640 on: May 06, 2020, 11:03:21 AM »
I usually skate conical full 54mm, I got AA wheel in 53mm since 54 was not available. Should have gone to 55mm, I can't feel the benefits of smaller wheel, but I can definitely feel the smaller contact patch on rough grounds.

gaunting

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 186
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2641 on: May 06, 2020, 11:10:21 AM »
Expand Quote
i've been a bones guy for a long time now but i want to try spitfires are. i never see a spitfire shape like the bones v3 though
[close]

There really isn't one since Spit doesn't have a 'slim' tech wheel; Radial slims are closer to the BONES V2

The V3 is basically a skinny V1, so the old Reynold's classic slim would have been the closest.

about 4 years ago, Reynolds had an f4 wheel on spit  called the “classic slim” had them in 52..not bad.
This has me cracking up, what exactly does Black Flag have to do with measuring your dick starting behind ya nuts?

Skateboarding is nothing but a game to find the right fits to appear like you're a proportional human being instead of a midget or a giant.

tzhangdox

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 518
« Reply #2642 on: May 06, 2020, 11:26:19 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
i've been a bones guy for a long time now but i want to try spitfires are. i never see a spitfire shape like the bones v3 though
[close]

There really isn't one since Spit doesn't have a 'slim' tech wheel; Radial slims are closer to the BONES V2

The V3 is basically a skinny V1, so the old Reynold's classic slim would have been the closest.
[close]

about 4 years ago, Reynolds had an f4 wheel on spit  called the “classic slim” had them in 52..not bad.

Those were great for smooth ground but fucked for anything less than perfect.

gaunting

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 186
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2643 on: May 06, 2020, 11:38:06 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

very true.
This has me cracking up, what exactly does Black Flag have to do with measuring your dick starting behind ya nuts?

Skateboarding is nothing but a game to find the right fits to appear like you're a proportional human being instead of a midget or a giant.

Saint Coke

« Reply #2644 on: May 06, 2020, 06:56:15 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

very true.
I think I had a pair of these in 52 in 101d.

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 939
  • U neg cuz UR insecure-glad I got under your skin
« Reply #2645 on: May 06, 2020, 07:00:46 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

very true.
[close]

The one drop was in 99a, which is why I didn't buy them.

Saint Coke

« Reply #2646 on: May 06, 2020, 07:35:23 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

very true.
[close]
[close]

The one drop was in 99a, which is why I didn't buy them.
Hmm then maybe my classics felt small. I am probably wrong.

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #2647 on: May 06, 2020, 07:45:01 PM »
I usually skate conical full 54mm, I got AA wheel in 53mm since 54 was not available. Should have gone to 55mm, I can't feel the benefits of smaller wheel, but I can definitely feel the smaller contact patch on rough grounds.
thank you. havent had conical fulls yet, but nothing but 54 + it is

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 390
« Reply #2648 on: May 06, 2020, 07:45:41 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Come to think of it I might have had those. I need to look in my storage but I think the graphic was him in a beanie?

Saint Coke

« Reply #2649 on: May 06, 2020, 07:52:58 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
Come to think of it I might have had those. I need to look in my storage but I think the graphic was him in a beanie?
It's a lady with a tommy gun.

Saint Coke

« Reply #2650 on: May 07, 2020, 06:28:39 PM »
So I am learning to skate a metal ramp, Got drop in's down, learning to pump better, I am wondering what wheel duro and shape would be best? I was thinking a 53mm 99d Conical Full, Would 101's be too icy? Should I got up a few mm?

Digital Rasta

« Reply #2651 on: May 08, 2020, 06:46:29 AM »
Bought a set of the gray radial F4's in 56mm for my tranny setup/hill bomber. I powerslide a lot and needed something that was not going to flatspot. Found em on eBay for $35 shipped, not a bad deal

GoneWithTheSchwinn

• Mods
  • Rep: -9958
« Reply #2652 on: May 09, 2020, 08:15:25 AM »
Not too bad!

Have a set of orange 54mm 101 tablets that are on deck, they look very nice.

BLACK LIVES MATTER
FUCK 12

"Watch out or the gazpacho police will get you!"

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #2653 on: May 11, 2020, 05:12:29 AM »
Good reference images

« Last Edit: May 13, 2020, 07:35:19 AM by jay_nev »

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 964
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #2654 on: May 12, 2020, 09:42:35 PM »
I can't tell any different between the 99a and the 101a. I do prefer the color blue. I can't stand the color Ded. Slobs succ
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

NG

• Rep: 17
« Reply #2655 on: May 17, 2020, 11:36:54 AM »
Anybody had this happen? Put bearings in this set of radial slims and when I went today to set them up noticed one of the wheels had split entirely to the core....sent in a note to DLX so let's see.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2020, 11:44:18 AM by NG »

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1094
« Reply #2656 on: May 17, 2020, 11:43:23 AM »
Good reference images

Also best size, for me, good taste ye

munchbox

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 838
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2657 on: May 17, 2020, 11:50:11 AM »
Anybody had this happen? Put bearings in this set of radial slims and when I went today to set them up noticed one of the wheels had split entirely to the core....sent in a note to DLX so let's see.

never have i ever
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

sadnocomply

• Rep: 117
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #2658 on: May 17, 2020, 11:53:01 AM »
Wow wow wow wow wowie! That’s some bullshit. DLX should def get you squared away! Never seen anything like that before

shawngreg

• Rep: 64
« Reply #2659 on: May 17, 2020, 11:57:18 AM »
that image of the split wheel is crazy dude....damn. like the other dude said, i’m sure DLX will hook you up but that is fucking gnarly

Solid bowlcut

« Reply #2660 on: May 17, 2020, 12:00:49 PM »
That is some fucked up shit. Fortunately DLX has great customer service from my experience

NG

• Rep: 17
« Reply #2661 on: May 17, 2020, 12:04:32 PM »
Yeah not so worried I'm sure they'll be good for it... More just really interested as this is a total new one! you can see little fibres of the urethane that tore inside. Makes me think of a fault in the mix / curing.

Weezil

• Rep: 32
« Reply #2662 on: May 17, 2020, 01:01:11 PM »
damn that's wild. I'm sure defects will be a little more common because they've been probably trying to keep up with all the demand. as stated though dlx has the best customer service and will right that shit.

tzhangdox

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2663 on: May 17, 2020, 01:10:52 PM »
I've had that happen on the first sesh with a set of radial slims too, late last year. Maybe a bad batch. DLX came through after an email. The other 3 wheels were still great though, ended up running them with an old classic I had while waiting for the replacement set.

sgm06sti

• Rep: 2
« Reply #2664 on: May 17, 2020, 01:46:05 PM »
Anyone try the tablets and have switched back to something else ?

tzhangdox

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2665 on: May 17, 2020, 01:52:59 PM »

Yeah they weren't bad by any means, no spitfire f4 is bad, but I definitely prefer radial slims over tablets. Some may feel the opposite.

sgm06sti

• Rep: 2
« Reply #2666 on: May 17, 2020, 02:49:59 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Yeah they weren't bad by any means, no spitfire f4 is bad, but I definitely prefer radial slims over tablets. Some may feel the opposite.

What did you like about the radial slims over the tablets ?

Thanks for the info by the way

Skart

• Rep: -33
  • Ham control
« Reply #2667 on: May 17, 2020, 04:49:13 PM »
That wheel crack is a great picture without the hand
i need a break from this thread dawg. knowledge doesnt feel like power anymore

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 35
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #2668 on: May 17, 2020, 05:42:53 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
never have i ever
What's going on here?
First time seeing sth like that.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 390
« Reply #2669 on: May 17, 2020, 06:11:29 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

What did you like about the radial slims over the tablets ?

Thanks for the info by the way
Currently on tablets and I have a set of radial slims in 99a on their way this week. I tend to go back and fourth between radial slims classics and now tablets but to me the radial slims and tablets are pretty similar