Author Topic: Ask Karl  (Read 259555 times)

ORGANIKARL

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 200
Re: Ask Karl
« Reply #810 on: September 19, 2011, 11:01:28 PM »
Yo Karl, just wondering....did you post that Josh Mathews clip to hint something for Organika? That would be a tight move. I am stoked on the team as is (wouldnt mind some more Josh Anderson footy!)
Dude, I wish. But he's happy with the Think dudes im sure.  But cant say I've never thought about it  ;)

pushingupdaisies

« Reply #811 on: September 20, 2011, 09:30:33 AM »
Dear Karl,

Whats the deal with Bert Wooton?

ORGANIKARL

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #812 on: September 20, 2011, 10:56:06 AM »
Dear Karl,

Whats the deal with Bert Wooton?

I've got love for Bert. He's an amazing skater for sure! I think he's on Pops right now not too sure. I do miss him reppin Organika though.

gkn00dlez

« Reply #813 on: September 22, 2011, 12:21:29 AM »
Karl

Organika in New Orleans.....make it happen

Noodle out.

edit: LRG team would suffice too. I got a bone to pick with Billy.

weregoingunion

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #814 on: September 22, 2011, 09:36:50 AM »
happy birthday karl!
r.i.p. bubblegum tate
LOAF FOREVER <3

get some

• Rep: 47
  • fromthewombtothetombpresumetheunpredictable
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #815 on: September 22, 2011, 09:55:08 AM »
Happy Birthday, Dr. Watson!
say they ain't no gravity up there....mean we could get high and never come down....

pica

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -36
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #816 on: September 22, 2011, 10:48:39 AM »
dear karl.
i could't skate for three weeks due to work and university issues.
i set up a new board today, and hit the streets.
it was the worst session in a long time, i skated for hours but i didn't land any of the stuff i was trying.
all the bros did land their shit left and right.
when i came home i saw that the new board delaminates.
why did i have such a fucked up day?
am i too old for this shit?
should i buy a harley instead and become a badass biker?

happy birthday by the way.

« Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 10:51:33 AM by pica »

ORGANIKARL

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #817 on: September 22, 2011, 04:09:40 PM »
dear karl.
i could't skate for three weeks due to work and university issues.
i set up a new board today, and hit the streets.
it was the worst session in a long time, i skated for hours but i didn't land any of the stuff i was trying.
all the bros did land their shit left and right.
when i came home i saw that the new board delaminates.
why did i have such a fucked up day?
am i too old for this shit?
should i buy a harley instead and become a badass biker?

happy birthday by the way.

You guys are the best for wishing me a happy birthday  ;D

Dude, I know how you feel. Don't trip too hard though, it'll all come back for sure! Your next session will be 10 times better I bet. This kind of stuff happens to me all the time.  Being a badass biker isn't a bad thing either though  ;)

ORGANIKARL

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #818 on: September 22, 2011, 04:11:57 PM »
Karl

Organika in New Orleans.....make it happen

Noodle out.

edit: LRG team would suffice too. I got a bone to pick with Billy.
I'll definitely try to make that happen with the Organika team.  After your last comment I'll pass on bringing Billy out there though.

Thanks for the Organika love homie!

Facehead

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -95
« Reply #819 on: September 22, 2011, 11:24:55 PM »
Karl,
   I am a proud owner of a VHS copy of the Mad Circle Video. What is Justin Girard up to these days? And, I remember hearing (somewhere ... ) that he owned Mad Circle, is that right?

keep skating!!!

Roman Cross

« Reply #820 on: September 23, 2011, 12:34:04 PM »
Karl,

I remember once meeting you back in the summer of 2002 outside the old FTC shop on Shrader. I asked if you were Karl Watson I think and I recall you being the nicest pro I had ever met. As a 12-year old, it was really rad at the time. You gave me a compliment on my Anti-Hero t-shirt that had a 2-headed eagle on it and thought my DC Manteca's were I-Path's because of the identical stitching. When my friend and I went inside the shop, I remember you going back behind the counter and grabbing a handful of Satori and I-Path stickers which you gave to my friend and I. After that, I put all these I-Path and Satori stickers on my GG Allin Anti-Hero deck. Pretty funny juxtaposition I guess.

I have a question for you; when EMB was about to get torn down, did all the locals head down there to try the craziest tricks ala Love Park? I always wondered why Love became such a big deal in the media, but the Justin Herman Plaza got no love at all.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2011, 01:55:32 PM by Roman Cross »

Joust Ostrich

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 700
  • Speculatnaciousness?
« Reply #821 on: September 23, 2011, 01:53:41 PM »
Watched Concrete Jungle again last night.  Still good.  When will those Walker Ryan boards be shipping?
I'm posting from my blackberry wtf?!?!?

redhatchet

• Rep: 44
« Reply #822 on: September 23, 2011, 03:56:13 PM »
considering you never you never skate handrails, how hard was it to get that nollie front tail at broklynn banks (?) in It's Official?

Not positive, but I dont think that rail is at the banks or in New york.
Maybe I'm just so cool I wanna die.

smokecrack

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -160
« Reply #823 on: September 23, 2011, 04:16:10 PM »
considering you never you never skate handrails, how hard was it to get that nollie front tail at broklynn banks (?) in It's Official?

it seems like he skated a handrail pretty recently in Walker Ryan's last part (from 2010)

1:15

ticklefingers

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -217
  • middleweight lurker
« Reply #824 on: September 23, 2011, 04:41:25 PM »
Dear Karl,

You gave me the board I learned kickflips on at Union Square back when it was skateable. It was an Expedition board with interlock bolts. Just wanted to know if you were into those bolts.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2011, 04:43:25 PM by ticklefingers »

friendly dave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 742
  • grinding to a halt
    • grindingtoahalt avatar image
« Reply #825 on: September 24, 2011, 02:47:41 AM »
Dear Karl,

What's up with the Faborganika collabo?

Sincerely,

Friendly Dave
Because you can't kill and idea, and we will not be ruled!

the visuals are also mad visual yo
FTW

ORGANIKARL

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #826 on: September 24, 2011, 10:54:22 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Not positive, but I dont think that rail is at the banks or in New york.
You're right. That little flat bar was at Griffith park in Los Angeles  ;D
Also, It wasn't hard at all, I was stoked because my board almost fell in the water but I saved it in the nick of time.

Brad Breath

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Rep: 43
« Reply #827 on: September 30, 2011, 08:08:53 PM »
hey, Karl,

I had nice pop shuvs on lock back in the day but then learned them frontside and now can't do them backside to save my life.  They flip over every time.  I'm sure it's elementary but... Help!!!

Rumpleforeskin

« Reply #828 on: September 30, 2011, 08:19:22 PM »
You wanna watch Osmosis Jones?

jalopy james

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -53
« Reply #829 on: September 30, 2011, 08:30:07 PM »
that walker ryan part is ridiculous. that's not a question, sorry.
KFC should give cockatiels with their variety bucket, so you can eat one bird and love another.

ORGANIKARL

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #830 on: September 30, 2011, 09:34:15 PM »
Dear Karl,

You gave me the board I learned kickflips on at Union Square back when it was skateable. It was an Expedition board with interlock bolts. Just wanted to know if you were into those bolts.

That is soooo rad! Im a part of your skate history  ;D 

I actually love Interlock bolts. I heard of some folks having problems with them but I never did. Those boards where the strongest decks I've every ridden too.

ORGANIKARL

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #831 on: September 30, 2011, 09:39:31 PM »
Dear Karl,

What's up with the Faborganika collabo?

Sincerely,

Friendly Dave
Dear the friendliest Dave I know  :)

Faborganika is sick! Fabo Les is pretty much Organikas' alter ego, that why I love it so much too.

One day, sir friendly dave, one day  ;)

ORGANIKARL

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #832 on: September 30, 2011, 09:48:52 PM »
hey, Karl,

I had nice pop shuvs on lock back in the day but then learned them frontside and now can't do them backside to save my life.  They flip over every time.  I'm sure it's elementary but... Help!!!

Dude, I had that same problem with varial flips and 360 kickflips. I learned tre flips first then about a year later I learned varial flips. After a week of doing V flips and neglecting my tres', I had the toughest time getting my 360 flips back to where they felt natural again.
So eventually I had to pick the trick I liked the most, which was the 360 flip. My advice to you is to pick the better of the two and do the other only in games of skate LOL Thats the only time I'll throw out my dreadfully ugly dog flip.

Skating can be so tricky sometimes : ) Good luck my man!

ORGANIKARL

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #833 on: September 30, 2011, 09:51:11 PM »
OMG! Wait until you see his going pro parts...Yes, I said parts. 
We're releasing a VX part for him and an HD part. The dude is a machine  :o

jhskates84

• Rep: -14
  • Halleujah, Holla back
« Reply #834 on: September 30, 2011, 09:56:44 PM »
Yo Karl!  I was curious to know about your unfortunate ailment?  The last time I read up on you was during your TWS interview; where you had stated something about some kind of cancer within your eye.  I can't remember what exactly it was, but I'm sure it's something that hasn't slipped your or any other Karl Watson's fan's memory.  I was just wondering how everything is going and good vibrations coming from the midwest to you, homey!

jalopy james

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -53
« Reply #835 on: September 30, 2011, 10:04:37 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
OMG! Wait until you see his going pro parts...Yes, I said parts.�
We're releasing a VX part for him and an HD part. The dude is a machine� :o

yesssss i can't wait.
KFC should give cockatiels with their variety bucket, so you can eat one bird and love another.

ORGANIKARL

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #836 on: September 30, 2011, 11:05:06 PM »
Yo Karl!  I was curious to know about your unfortunate ailment?  The last time I read up on you was during your TWS interview; where you had stated something about some kind of cancer within your eye.  I can't remember what exactly it was, but I'm sure it's something that hasn't slipped your or any other Karl Watson's fan's memory.  I was just wondering how everything is going and good vibrations coming from the midwest to you, homey!
The midwest is truly one of the most beautiful parts of our Country! Thanks again Nesser for showing me a great time!

Well, a couple of years back, after taking a board to the face at Tampa Pro. I went to the hospital where they did a cat scan on my head in order to see if they had to do surgery on my face, which was fractured in two places. Well, my "face" wasn't broken LOL  You get what im saying.
So when the doctor came back into the room, where my good friend and I anxiously waited for their findings, we received a very unexpected  result. Yes, my "face" was broken and the left side of my mouth was numb for 6 months after, but the news they gave us was completely shocking. A brain tumor.
After being consoled by friends and a good cry I attempted to enter the best trick contest at Tampa Pro the next day. And I got lucky and did my second ever fs noseslide to fs tailslide.
Anyways, the tumor is benign so there's no need for any type of treatment at this time.

Thanks for reaching out! And thanks being a part of our small yet vast community we call skateboarding!

jhskates84

• Rep: -14
  • Halleujah, Holla back
« Reply #837 on: September 30, 2011, 11:15:55 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
The midwest is truly one of the most beautiful parts of our Country! Thanks again Nesser for showing me a great time!

Well, a couple of years back, after taking a board to the face at Tampa Pro. I went to the hospital where they did a cat scan on my head in order to see if they had to do surgery on my face, which was fractured in two places. Well, my "face" wasn't broken LOL  You get what im saying.
So when the doctor came back into the room, where my good friend and I anxiously waited for their findings, we received a very unexpected  result. Yes, my "face" was broken and the left side of my mouth was numb for 6 months after, but the news they gave us was completely shocking. A brain tumor.
After being consoled by friends and a good cry I attempted to enter the best trick contest at Tampa Pro the next day. And I got lucky and did my second ever fs noseslide to fs tailslide.
Anyways, the tumor is benign so there's no need for any type of treatment at this time.

Thanks for reaching out! And thanks being a part of our small yet vast community we call skateboarding!

Geewiz!  getting your face destroyed and acknowledgment of a brain tumor all in the same day has to put a hurting on the soul!  Big ups for keeping a level head, Mr Watson!  front nose to front tails a solid ledge dance, fo sho!  Definitely backing your segment of Kayo!

slappyslap

• Rep: -31
« Reply #838 on: October 13, 2011, 04:42:09 PM »
Expand Quote
Karl, what shoes are you skating right now? And what were the best shoes you've ever skated?
[close]
Im riding Lakais at the moment but im about to sign a contract for a different company very soon. Best shoes i've ever skated would have to be the I Path Cats or some good ol' Half Cabs  ;D

can you tell us now ??

VictoriousOG

« Reply #839 on: October 28, 2011, 08:31:44 AM »
I just watched Nate Jones in Real to Reel, favorite part in that video, for the thousandth time. When is the last time you talked to Nate and what has he been up to?