Author Topic: GX1000 Full Length in April  (Read 36088 times)

COMMUNITYPACK

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 51
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: GX1000 Full Length in April
« Reply #210 on: May 28, 2016, 09:15:04 PM »
The phrase "uppity fuck" should get used more.

yohimbe718

• Rep: -2
« Reply #211 on: May 28, 2016, 09:38:36 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Video was gritty in a perfect way. Idk how JJ switch no complys street gaps and bump to bars, his clips were my favorites. If you are bitching in this thread about their antics quit being a kook.
[close]

Their antics seem pretty normal coming from my era (early to mid nineties). Skaters have been getting antagonized and shit on forever by society (old ladies included).. who cares if we antagonize back a little bit. I used to get shit thrown at me when I was younger. But now that everyone is PC and skaters are considered to be "cool" they've lost their edge.
[close]

You mean your era when you were (presumably) a teenager? Teenagers are supposed to be little shitheads. They still are. Watch Illegal Civilization. It's not about being PC. It's about not being a pathetic 30 year old still acting like a teenager. The secondhand embarrassment I felt from watching this video was astonishing. It's not "edgy". It's embarrassing. Sorta like biker gangs. Man children cool in their own minds and that's it. What's more, is these dudes are nothing but hipster transplants on staycaction acting like they own their new city. May as well open an artisanal urban cupcake shop/ petting zoo. Same pathetic entitled attitude of "this is our city now".

Just to reiterate, since people seem kinda thick. It's not about being right or wrong or PC or whatever. It's about 30 year old man children being pathetic and, clearly, a lot of people who are either really young or easily impressed thinking its edgy or cool. The fact that they're possibly staging any of the antics is laughable. Holy shit.
[close]

Oh come on. What did they do that was that bad? They snatched a piece of paper out of a lady's hand. They ran from a cop. Did they physically hurt anyone? And I was in my early twenties and I did worse because people suck. What else? They tripped over some guys foot. Did you think they really didn't want to skate some of those spots? They just did for the confrontation? Get over yourself.. People are dicks to skaters so naturally skaters ate going to be dicks right back and it's never going to be right in the moment. It might be after the third or fourth time someone is an asshole. How about this... Fuck society and Fuck conforming to it because you're afraid of what people will think. You were embarrassed??? Nobody cares if you were embarrassed.. Quit skateboarding if you're so ashamed you uppity Fuck.
[close]

Hahah "fuck society". Now I'm embarrassed for you!

You hate yourself, you just don't know it yet.

yohimbe718

• Rep: -2
« Reply #212 on: May 28, 2016, 09:39:57 PM »
And how are these guys hipsters? hahaha..

Grind King Rims

« Reply #213 on: May 28, 2016, 10:30:03 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Video was gritty in a perfect way. Idk how JJ switch no complys street gaps and bump to bars, his clips were my favorites. If you are bitching in this thread about their antics quit being a kook.
[close]

Their antics seem pretty normal coming from my era (early to mid nineties). Skaters have been getting antagonized and shit on forever by society (old ladies included).. who cares if we antagonize back a little bit. I used to get shit thrown at me when I was younger. But now that everyone is PC and skaters are considered to be "cool" they've lost their edge.
[close]

You mean your era when you were (presumably) a teenager? Teenagers are supposed to be little shitheads. They still are. Watch Illegal Civilization. It's not about being PC. It's about not being a pathetic 30 year old still acting like a teenager. The secondhand embarrassment I felt from watching this video was astonishing. It's not "edgy". It's embarrassing. Sorta like biker gangs. Man children cool in their own minds and that's it. What's more, is these dudes are nothing but hipster transplants on staycaction acting like they own their new city. May as well open an artisanal urban cupcake shop/ petting zoo. Same pathetic entitled attitude of "this is our city now".

Just to reiterate, since people seem kinda thick. It's not about being right or wrong or PC or whatever. It's about 30 year old man children being pathetic and, clearly, a lot of people who are either really young or easily impressed thinking its edgy or cool. The fact that they're possibly staging any of the antics is laughable. Holy shit.
[close]

Oh come on. What did they do that was that bad? They snatched a piece of paper out of a lady's hand. They ran from a cop. Did they physically hurt anyone? And I was in my early twenties and I did worse because people suck. What else? They tripped over some guys foot. Did you think they really didn't want to skate some of those spots? They just did for the confrontation? Get over yourself.. People are dicks to skaters so naturally skaters ate going to be dicks right back and it's never going to be right in the moment. It might be after the third or fourth time someone is an asshole. How about this... Fuck society and Fuck conforming to it because you're afraid of what people will think. You were embarrassed??? Nobody cares if you were embarrassed.. Quit skateboarding if you're so ashamed you uppity Fuck.
Some top notch logic in this post.

Grampa

• Rep: 143
« Reply #214 on: May 29, 2016, 07:34:49 AM »
And how are these guys hipsters? hahaha..

I explained that with the cupcake shop analogy. Plus, skaters is hipsters. Keep up.

Love,
Uppity Fuck

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #215 on: May 29, 2016, 02:00:18 PM »
Like its been said before, its an amazing video. Although there were times i didn't know who was who the overall video was blended really well. Antics weren't too crazy, the music was on point, and the skating was top notch. Cant believe i haven't been following any of the gx edits that have been coming out. Well worth the 9 bucks for anyone that is still waiting for it to go online, i remember buying 30 dollar videos that sucked.

snowman600

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 734
« Reply #216 on: May 30, 2016, 02:26:38 PM »
finally watched it after staring at the box for a week. fuck it's good. wouldn't change a thing. yonnie's mvp.

yungthug

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -32
« Reply #217 on: May 31, 2016, 07:29:48 AM »
Like its been said before, its an amazing video. Although there were times i didn't know who was who the overall video was blended really well. Antics weren't too crazy, the music was on point, and the skating was top notch. Cant believe i haven't been following any of the gx edits that have been coming out. Well worth the 9 bucks for anyone that is still waiting for it to go online, i remember buying 30 dollar videos that sucked.
Stop, you're giving me Pretty Sweet flashbacks. My God, the horror.

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -490
« Reply #218 on: May 31, 2016, 01:04:21 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I paid 11.99 and all I got was a like from guy Mariano on Instagram.
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 316
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #219 on: May 31, 2016, 01:30:51 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

My flashback was buying the Shorty's Guilty video over Real 2 Real. I fucking hated that video (minus B-Turner's short part) and that cost me $30 as well.
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

happenstance

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 691
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #220 on: May 31, 2016, 01:37:37 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

My flashback was buying the Shorty's Guilty video over Real 2 Real. I fucking hated that video (minus B-Turner's short part) and that cost me $30 as well.
VHS videos were so expensive! Duplication was just not cost effective. Those little black boxes cost way more than a DVD and duplication was done in real time.

botefdunn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 735
« Reply #221 on: June 01, 2016, 12:58:54 PM »
Great video, but zero bonus materials on the hardcopy was an unpleasant surprise. I had the digi file already but feel like this is one to own. Still feel that way and glad I bought it, but some b-roll or compilation of older edits would have been nice.

ice nine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -308
« Reply #222 on: June 01, 2016, 01:25:18 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
VHS videos were so expensive! Duplication was just not cost effective. Those little black boxes cost way more than a DVD and duplication was done in real time.
it was a deluxe 2 disc edition, but i remember paying $50 or $60 for the menimkati dvd.
I;m sure i;m not the only dc/monster/subaru type guy here

BMCsteve

« Reply #223 on: June 02, 2016, 12:05:50 PM »
I was putting off watching this because I typically don't like montage type videos (I think I have that disorder where I can't recognize faces and it drives me nuts trying to figure out who is who) but it really was as awesome as every says.  Right behind the Polar DVD as my favorites in the last few years

slappies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1222
« Reply #224 on: June 02, 2016, 12:20:31 PM »
Finally picked this up the other day (along with the Polar video, actually) and holy shit what a great video. I think my favourite thing in the video was the Dela line with the 5.0 and the kickflip down that huge fucking hill right into traffic. High re-watch value for sure.
CRACK RAIDER RAZOR

Plop

« Reply #225 on: June 03, 2016, 11:30:42 AM »
Just got my copy in the mail today... no dvd inside...  ??? photo book is cool i guess.

Such

« Reply #226 on: June 03, 2016, 01:32:22 PM »
whats the name of the video so i can search for it?

shouldn't

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 80
« Reply #227 on: June 04, 2016, 01:29:42 PM »
anyone who has an extra buck to give away should send it towards sean greene's recovery. if you've seen the video then you know how insane sean is on a skateboard.
https://www.gofundme.com/27qzy4gk

imagine fucking the dog shit outta chris roberts

Dave Fuck

• Rep: -6
« Reply #228 on: June 04, 2016, 03:39:30 PM »
Just got my copy in the mail today... no dvd inside...  ??? photo book is cool i guess.

The same exact thing happened to me! Where did you order yours from? I was so pissed off when I opened the case and the disc was absent. I've been looking forward to watching this for weeks. I'll pay someone to PM me a rip of it.

mattdlx

• Rep: 165
« Reply #229 on: June 04, 2016, 06:46:33 PM »
anyone who has an extra buck to give away should send it towards sean greene's recovery. if you've seen the video then you know how insane sean is on a skateboard.
https://www.gofundme.com/27qzy4gk

came here to post this also.
SPB!

Such

« Reply #230 on: June 04, 2016, 07:41:35 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

The same exact thing happened to me! Where did you order yours from? I was so pissed off when I opened the case and the disc was absent. I've been looking forward to watching this for weeks. I'll pay someone to PM me a rip of it.

probably some kid who got asked to help and stressed out so hard he forgot to put the discīs in a couple of cases.

Dave Fuck

• Rep: -6
« Reply #231 on: June 04, 2016, 09:57:16 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

probably some kid who got asked to help and stressed out so hard he forgot to put the disc�s in a couple of cases.

That's exactly what I was thinking. Thanks to a couple awesome dudes who post on here I was able to view it.

botefdunn

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #232 on: June 18, 2016, 08:01:37 AM »
bump because this is still the best video of 2016

uncle ducky do

• Rep: -110
« Reply #233 on: June 18, 2016, 05:31:27 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

granpa, if not for your name id think you were someones spiteful dad trolling on his sons slap account.     youre a clown and skating isnt for you, which you probably realized because it sounds to me like you quit. 

botefdunn

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #234 on: June 21, 2016, 11:25:47 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

skateboarding is illegal and irritating to many. This is (in part) the nature of the game.

[close]

granpa, if not for your name id think you were someones spiteful dad trolling on his sons slap account.     youre a clown and skating isnt for you, which you probably realized because it sounds to me like you quit. 

fulfillthedream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 337
« Reply #235 on: June 22, 2016, 01:06:02 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

skateboarding is illegal and irritating to many. This is (in part) the nature of the game.

[close]

[close]

bought this at the local for 50 Yuan (about $9) and got a Thrasher x GX hat - its a material that wicks sweat out super fast- perfect for the muggy humid weather here.  good video, lots of replay value and i kinda liked how it was a whole montage format.

the main part where i'd draw the line was when people were skating peoples houses in the city...specifically the wall rail Manchild 50-50'd - if a homeowner asked my in a civil, respectful way to stop skating their property id listen and go somewhere else, maybe attempt a negotiation.

but all the other security guards, hero-citizens telling them not to skate in public places (specifically the lady with SF's "rules" on skating) - fuck outta here with that non sense!
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

expired

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 73
« Reply #236 on: June 22, 2016, 08:55:06 PM »
Made sure to download it while it was on thrasher so I can watch it over and rewind different tricks, made me want to skate, bomb hills and bail, but all I did was get a pop shiv tail grab for the first time