Author Topic: KADER is a TRAITOR (change my mind)  (Read 49600 times)

HugeBodBoyle

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 690
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Re: KADER is a TRAITOR (change my mind)
« Reply #150 on: September 25, 2019, 09:19:53 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
The NBA is unique in this because their players union lobbied successfully for guaranteed contracts, so you get your money no matter what. Whereas the NFL, which is its own weird set of really odd mandingo fighting issues, does not have such a contract structure so, if you're a running back and you blow out your knee in game 1 of your first season, too fucking bad.

It's racist because in just about any other profession (other than the NFL because of literal concerns for the physical safety of the human body, maybe) you could conceivably become an earning professional straight out of high school if you are skilled enough. Why do they insist on making people go to one year of college? To learn life skills? No. It is because if these dudes could go get paid right outta high school, then they would. And then people would lose interest in collegiate basketball, which by and large makes its millions off of the labor of an unpaid, largely black workforce. If the "good" players are going straight to the NBA, the product of the NCAA suffers.

Ergo...the rule.
[close]
The way you explained it seems to me like the rules are in place specifically to protect the NCAA and not specifically to target black athletes. It again reminds me of the WWE. They were scouting Brock Lesnar in Olympic style wrestling they wanted to sign him but insisted he finish school before they made a deal even though he didn’t want to go to school. Their talent relations guy (Good Ol Jr) spoke about it recently and about how they prefer college educated wrestlers because of the widely known effects higher education has on many people, how the carry themselves, the effect it has on decision making etc.
[close]

Exploiting black labor to enrich already wealthy people has been done before.
[close]

Yeah it was called slavery. I have a very hard time comparing slavery to paying someone $20 million a year to toss a ball into a net.

You are being so ridiculous at this point that it seems like you are trolling.

I must have missed the part where NCAA basketball players are paid $20 million a year.

The lack of reading comprehension in here is like a troll unto itself.

DanTheDoucher

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -195
« Reply #151 on: September 25, 2019, 09:28:20 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
The NBA is unique in this because their players union lobbied successfully for guaranteed contracts, so you get your money no matter what. Whereas the NFL, which is its own weird set of really odd mandingo fighting issues, does not have such a contract structure so, if you're a running back and you blow out your knee in game 1 of your first season, too fucking bad.

It's racist because in just about any other profession (other than the NFL because of literal concerns for the physical safety of the human body, maybe) you could conceivably become an earning professional straight out of high school if you are skilled enough. Why do they insist on making people go to one year of college? To learn life skills? No. It is because if these dudes could go get paid right outta high school, then they would. And then people would lose interest in collegiate basketball, which by and large makes its millions off of the labor of an unpaid, largely black workforce. If the "good" players are going straight to the NBA, the product of the NCAA suffers.

Ergo...the rule.
[close]
The way you explained it seems to me like the rules are in place specifically to protect the NCAA and not specifically to target black athletes. It again reminds me of the WWE. They were scouting Brock Lesnar in Olympic style wrestling they wanted to sign him but insisted he finish school before they made a deal even though he didn’t want to go to school. Their talent relations guy (Good Ol Jr) spoke about it recently and about how they prefer college educated wrestlers because of the widely known effects higher education has on many people, how the carry themselves, the effect it has on decision making etc.
[close]

[close]

Yeah it was called slavery. I have a very hard time comparing slavery to paying someone $20 million a year to toss a ball into a net.

[close]

I must have missed the part where NCAA basketball players are paid $20 million a year.

You are correct. I did mis-read that, but then again, I'm a moron.

College athletes who generate millions per year for universities should absolutely be paid for their services, but you would still find it racist if the black players weren't making as much as the white guy that signs their checks.

Do you have a problem with companies that are run by black people but employ white people? Isn't that the same thing? One person of a particular race profiting off of someone of a different race?

Also, these sports/jobs are not being forced upon any of these people. If a guy has a problem with having to sit out a year before he can join the NBA, then he can choose a different career.
FUCK YOU
not stoked on orcas today. leave the whales alone. big ass black and white motherfuckers. free willy can suck my dick

HugeBodBoyle

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #152 on: September 25, 2019, 09:39:01 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Ergo...the rule.
[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

College athletes who generate millions per year for universities should absolutely be paid for their services, but you would still find it racist if the black players weren't making as much as the white guy that signs their checks.

Do you have a problem with companies that are run by black people but employ white people? Isn't that the same thing? One person of a particular race profiting off of someone of a different race?

Also, these sports/jobs are not being forced upon any of these people. If a guy has a problem with having to sit out a year before he can join the NBA, then he can choose a different career.

Understanding and acceptance of the reality of institutional racism are essentially table stakes in this discussion. The argument "well what about black people employing white people" only works in a vacuum where the practice of slavery, Jim Crow, and segregation never existed.

DanTheDoucher

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #153 on: September 25, 2019, 10:44:10 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Ergo...the rule.
[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
The argument "well what about black people employing white people" only works in a vacuum where the practice of slavery, Jim Crow, and segregation never existed.

This conversation is an incredible waste of time for both of us.
FUCK YOU
not stoked on orcas today. leave the whales alone. big ass black and white motherfuckers. free willy can suck my dick

HugeBodBoyle

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #154 on: September 25, 2019, 11:12:28 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Ergo...the rule.
[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
The argument "well what about black people employing white people" only works in a vacuum where the practice of slavery, Jim Crow, and segregation never existed.
[close]

This conversation is an incredible waste of time for both of us.

Cool. Take it easy.

Far from relevant

• Rep: -100
« Reply #155 on: September 25, 2019, 11:43:33 AM »
He is gonna leave for FA

Ed boy

• Rep: 80
« Reply #156 on: September 25, 2019, 11:47:31 AM »

DanTheDoucher

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #157 on: September 25, 2019, 12:04:55 PM »
He is gonna leave for FA

I disagree.

I think he has mad respect for Reynolds. As someone said earlier in the thread, Kader views Reynolds as something of a father figure.
FUCK YOU

Pissedoff30y/oskatedad

• Rep: -57
« Reply #158 on: September 25, 2019, 04:26:15 PM »
Expand Quote
He is gonna leave for FA
[close]

I disagree.

I think he has mad respect for Reynolds. As someone said earlier in the thread, Kader views Reynolds as something of a father figure.

Did you respect your father and do every wish he requested at 16?

Pete

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 686
  • Free Max B
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #159 on: September 25, 2019, 04:32:58 PM »
yall be on some real weird shit in here.

reynolds basically turned him pro overnight when he got on supreme and was posting pictures with FA and antihero boards every day. he saw what dill was about to do. thats the end of it.

free max b
FREE MAX B

jesus horse

• Rep: -43
« Reply #160 on: September 25, 2019, 05:20:36 PM »
"He's young"  That hall pass is about to run out REAL quick.

GollyIamGully

• Rep: -8
« Reply #161 on: September 26, 2019, 12:06:42 AM »
yall be on some real weird shit in here.

reynolds basically turned him pro overnight when he got on supreme and was posting pictures with FA and antihero boards every day. he saw what dill was about to do. thats the end of it.

free max b

Pete just walkin around here making all kinds of sense.  Maybe we should free Max b too.

Dr-Feelgood

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 47
  • Hello, i love you, won't you tell me your name?
« Reply #162 on: September 26, 2019, 01:27:06 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
He is gonna leave for FA
[close]

I disagree.

[close]

If you were my dad i'd take a shit in your bed

We may not know what skateboarding is
But we sure as hell know what it aint
Wait we know what it is now too -
Falling down and gettin back up

SHIREFLIP

« Reply #163 on: September 26, 2019, 05:10:35 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
He is gonna leave for FA
[close]

I disagree.

[close]

Yes. The Major was frightening.

DanTheDoucher

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #164 on: September 26, 2019, 05:17:47 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
He is gonna leave for FA
[close]

I disagree.

[close]

My dad died when I was 15 (not that you would have any reason to already know that), but up until then, basically.

FUCK YOU

SHIREFLIP

« Reply #165 on: September 26, 2019, 05:23:44 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
He is gonna leave for FA
[close]

I disagree.

[close]

[close]

My dad died when I was 15 (not that you would have any reason to already know that), but up until then, basically.

Sorry to hear it, homie. I was 19.

DanTheDoucher

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #166 on: September 26, 2019, 06:07:11 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
He is gonna leave for FA
[close]

I disagree.

[close]

[close]

[close]

My dad had cancer for like 2 years so it wasn't a shock, but that didn't make it any easier. Greatest guy I've ever known.
FUCK YOU

Pissedoff30y/oskatedad

• Rep: -57
« Reply #167 on: September 26, 2019, 06:47:48 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
He is gonna leave for FA
[close]

I disagree.

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

My dad had cancer for like 2 years so it wasn't a shock, but that didn't make it any easier. Greatest guy I've ever known.
I lost my father at 13 to cancer as well

V.I. Lenin

• Rep: -12
« Reply #168 on: September 27, 2019, 09:34:44 AM »
Expand Quote
LOVE ALL THE CONTEXT YOU GAVE HERE
[close]

left emerica for vans
Left indy for venture
Left rvca for supreme

All in the past 12 months...
Emerica, indy and rvca are like old guys companies, not good look for a young loose cannon

Chumbo

« Reply #169 on: April 06, 2020, 10:46:20 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
He is gonna leave for FA
[close]

I disagree.

[close]

When you fuck with Baker, that’s what you get.

Davethedavedave

• Rep: -101
« Reply #170 on: April 06, 2020, 10:53:12 PM »
Yeah who gives a fucking shit! Who cares what trucks anyone rides lol!
its the only thing in life worth caring about

urbneathme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
« Reply #171 on: April 06, 2020, 11:31:24 PM »
i can’t believe in six pages of race bating no one could comprehend that the one year rule is to keep the ncaa afloat. it’s a billion dollar business that needs free employees (athletes) to play at an elite level to keep the ad dollars rolling in. if all the best talent goes pro, trey lose viewers and money. it’s really fucking simple

Skart

• Rep: -33
  • Ham control
« Reply #172 on: April 06, 2020, 11:33:34 PM »
Could see him on Tensor
i need a break from this thread dawg. knowledge doesnt feel like power anymore

Skart

• Rep: -33
  • Ham control
« Reply #173 on: April 06, 2020, 11:36:49 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
He is gonna leave for FA
[close]

I disagree.

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
I lost my father at 13 to cancer as well

7 and my bro was 5

Stand up
i need a break from this thread dawg. knowledge doesnt feel like power anymore

hateboard

• Rep: -277
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #174 on: April 07, 2020, 04:20:01 AM »
Really? We are still talking about Kader? The kid had his shot, he blew it, the honeymoon is over. New rippers like Lil Dre destroy him. Kader will go down as the most overhyped non-event in skate history.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2020, 04:26:13 AM by hateboard »

Rune Spliffberg

• Rep: 109
« Reply #175 on: April 07, 2020, 04:33:06 AM »
Really? We are still talking about Kader? The kid had his shot, he blew it, the honeymoon is over. New rippers like Lil Dre destroy him. Kader will go down as the most overhyped non-event in skate history.

um, hello? dime glory challenge tail drop?

FOCUS

hateboard

« Reply #176 on: April 07, 2020, 04:34:59 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

FOCUS

You must be trolling, that dime drop is the ONLY thing ever mentioned about Kader, and it was 2 dimes ago. By using that to support him you may as well be shoveling the dirt on the grave yourself! I wouldn't worry, the word on the street is he is turning pro video gamer soon.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2020, 04:40:43 AM by hateboard »

Rune Spliffberg

• Rep: 109
« Reply #177 on: April 07, 2020, 04:49:52 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

FOCUS
[close]

You must be trolling, that dime drop is the ONLY thing ever mentioned about Kader, and it was 2 dimes ago. By using that to support him you may as well be shoveling the dirt on the grave yourself! I wouldn't worry, the word on the street is he is turning pro video gamer soon.

he is still young with a full career ahead of him. seems like a nice guy, too, so he also has that going for him. You are a fool to think that's the end of Kader just because another young black man is good at skateboarding and has clout on instagram.

FOCUS.

hateboard

« Reply #178 on: April 07, 2020, 05:15:02 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

FOCUS
[close]

[close]

he is still young with a full career ahead of him. seems like a nice guy, too, so he also has that going for him. You are a fool to think that's the end of Kader just because another young black man is good at skateboarding and has clout on instagram.

FOCUS.

Skin color should have nothing to do with it, ask yourself why you are so loyal / faithful to him? Is it because Drew told you to be? Reynolds was hyped on Donta as well when Kader mania started, and where is he now? Just take a step back and judge people on their actual output not on the promise and hype being fed to you by ex pro skaters trying to be be visionaries. As Phelps said, Reynolds isn't the sharpest tool in the box. Kader is just another skater, he isn't the next Gino or Penny so stop hyping him as if he is some kind of landmark event. He isn't even worthy of this thread. When he drops a part with actual mind melting tricks (not just good for his age shit) then he has made it.

Fuck even saying FOCUS is a lame played out cliche, so I guess that fits.

thebacker

« Reply #179 on: April 07, 2020, 05:22:54 AM »