Author Topic: Things You Pondered Today  (Read 584739 times)

Seventyfrigginseven

Re: Things You Pondered Today
« Reply #4500 on: July 24, 2020, 06:26:09 PM »
Expand Quote
If a certain board size and brand/size of trucks worked well for me for a very long time, why did I feel the need to change?
And not only change but completely flip the script numerous times.
[close]
When I first started skating, my parents wouldn't let me skate during the weekdays and would hold my board hostage. I ended up going to the skatepark anyway and borrowing boards from whoever would let me for at least a few tries each. It made it feel like I really had the tricks I had down if it was no longer dependent on the particulars of my own board. Skateboarding has gotten a lot more technical since then, but I always like to remember landing certain tricks regardless of how tight my friends trucks were or how heavy their board felt. Also, it helped me figure out how I wanted to dial in my trucks etc. too.

Nowadays, I feel like certain setups work better for my abilities that particular day so I have a quiver. Maybe I need something with more heft to it so wider and a little heavier will work for what I'm trying. Or mellower concave. etc. It's a weird process now, but I'm adjusting to being an elderly eccentric on a skateboard.
Ain't that the truth! Back in the day pretty much anything worked. Now not so much..

ChuckRamone

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 535
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #4501 on: July 25, 2020, 05:48:46 PM »
why are the ledges at parks usually ankle height or waist height, or if they're not, they're the side of a manual pad that's like three and a half feet long? why don't park designers just make some normal fucking ledges for fuck's sake?

Gnarfunkell

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 136
« Reply #4502 on: July 25, 2020, 06:13:46 PM »
How crazy it is that humans diverged so much from the rest of nature. We're literal primates but deep down I feel entirely removed from that reality.

Dr-Feelgood

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 45
  • Hello, i love you, won't you tell me your name?
« Reply #4503 on: July 26, 2020, 10:25:52 PM »
Anyone know any groups or sites apart from gumtree in sydney, i would join or go on to try and donate some skate vids, or sell old gear? Got a bunch of stuff im looking to part ways with and a bunch of old skate dvds i thought some people might want, not looking to send it out but if people in sydney wanted to pick em up it would save me just tossing them...................................probably explained that very poorly but someones gotta understand what im asking haha

We may not know what skateboarding is
But we sure as hell know what it aint
Wait we know what it is now too -
Falling down and gettin back up

Zark

• Rep: 6
« Reply #4504 on: July 26, 2020, 11:01:49 PM »
Are you ever behind someone at a stop sign and they're stopped for way too long and feel that they're watching you through their rear view to gauge your reaction? Maybe I'm just too impatient?

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 953
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #4505 on: July 28, 2020, 04:58:51 AM »
Boston has a superior ledgeducation system.

Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

theSketchLord

• Rep: 41
    • https://images.scribblelive.com/2021/1/4/ca9a0ca8-586d-41e3-ad94-131825707ea0.gif avatar image
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #4506 on: July 30, 2020, 09:15:38 AM »
I was standing in a board game shop looking at the dope Big Trouble in Little China and Star Wars board games and pondered how if I actually had some mates I could justify buying one of said games.
"Broke the tail, like a well oiled snail"

childhood

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 662
« Reply #4507 on: August 02, 2020, 02:48:08 PM »
Is now a bad time to put out the Jamal Gibbs/Freddie Gibbs-Bussdown edit I've spent months working on?

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1493
  • Illusion Flip
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #4508 on: August 02, 2020, 08:29:23 PM »
Nobody is allergic to MSG. The allergic reaction is actually food poisoning because they were acting racist to the chinese workers or consistently go to chinese restaurants and don't tip. The cooks and staff just serve them tainted versions of their usual menu items because they don't want them to come back.

ride the tiger

• Rep: -18
  • Are you telling me a shrimp fried this rice?
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #4509 on: August 06, 2020, 04:59:53 AM »
How do people come up with clever boat names?  What if someone buys a boat but can’t think up a clever name?  Are there freelance boat namers?  How much does a good boat name go for?  Do people plagiarize boat names?  Is there a penalty if they are caught?  Shunned from boating society?  I have so many questions.

I Feel the same about names of prescription drugs.

My unpopular opinion is that this forum is actually not about skateboarding.

ride the tiger

• Are you telling me a shrimp fried this rice?
« Reply #4510 on: August 06, 2020, 05:01:11 AM »
How crazy it is that humans diverged so much from the rest of nature. We're literal primates but deep down I feel entirely removed from that reality.

We havent evolved much, just developed better methods in agriculture and farming.

My unpopular opinion is that this forum is actually not about skateboarding.

Hmmmm Nice Bike

« Reply #4511 on: August 06, 2020, 06:57:16 AM »
Just upgraded to a decent phone after riding out a cheap one for years, anyone wanna recommend some IOS apps that are worth checking out?

childhood

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4512 on: August 06, 2020, 11:15:27 AM »
I just have the basic encrypted chat apps for buying drugs/talking to my brother in Germany, and a couple Korg & Moog synth-type ones

Who tf is the white guy doing a podcast with Kareem Campbell?

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1150
« Reply #4513 on: August 07, 2020, 05:39:09 AM »
You know how at concerts, the person on the microphone will sometimes  yell to the crowd “I can’t hear you!” ?

Sometimes I wonder if they aren’t telling the truth.

When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

EXTRA SPICY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 332
  • Low Scovilles
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #4514 on: August 07, 2020, 04:52:32 PM »
Just upgraded to a decent phone after riding out a cheap one for years, anyone wanna recommend some IOS apps that are worth checking out?

Rockd
INaturalist
Avenza

Anywho.
Today I pondered, “Does Nick Mathews have weird teeth?” Dude never smiles.
We need Malto to release the pic of Biebel drunk in an elevator with his wiener hanging out.

Seventyfrigginseven

« Reply #4515 on: August 07, 2020, 05:27:02 PM »
I just have the basic encrypted chat apps for buying drugs/talking to my brother in Germany, and a couple Korg & Moog synth-type ones

Who tf is the white guy doing a podcast with Kareem Campbell?
I can't remember a single word of the podcast due to wondering the same thing the whole time.

peptobismol

« Reply #4516 on: August 10, 2020, 12:17:53 AM »
everyday i ponder how long i will go before i end up killing myself. suicide is never funny i know, but sometimes i get these thoughts in my head....... being an addict does not help, either.

Complements4U

• Rep: 397
« Reply #4517 on: August 10, 2020, 12:53:17 AM »
We are inherently good, evil is always learned. Includes self inflicted evil. Stay friend, you can do it. Stay.

I love you

childhood

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4518 on: August 11, 2020, 08:32:41 AM »
The business card scene from American Psycho, but instead it's the guys on the 9 Club, losing their minds obsessing over some pro's board setup

BieberStance

« Reply #4519 on: August 11, 2020, 10:51:30 AM »
i had the epiphany that tracer folded at the same time p.stone died. so I pondered if tracer was either ck1 or p.stone himself. but tracer continued to post exactly one month more than the accident happened. so p.stone is out. Oregon/pnw is basically the Canada of the states. so there's that.

live, laugh, love

« Reply #4520 on: August 11, 2020, 05:12:04 PM »
We are inherently good, evil is always learned. Includes self inflicted evil. Stay friend, you can do it. Stay.

I love you

straight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 992
« Reply #4521 on: August 11, 2020, 09:40:27 PM »
Expand Quote

I love you
[close]
What kind of mikey taylor logic is this?

ihatejulio

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1125
« Reply #4522 on: August 11, 2020, 10:04:05 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

I love you
[close]
[close]

DirtyBurger

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 116
« Reply #4523 on: August 12, 2020, 10:31:46 AM »
The business card scene from American Psycho, but instead it's the guys on the 9 Club, losing their minds obsessing over some pro's board setup

The WKND guys in their prime doing this would be amazing.

Why aren't Peeps just a year round candy? You can get them any time it seems, but I think it's just leftover from the previous year.

SneakySecrets

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4524 on: August 12, 2020, 12:46:22 PM »
Man, no one wants to be sucking down Peeps in the middle of August.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

MintySandwhich

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -128
« Reply #4525 on: August 12, 2020, 07:25:40 PM »

this one made me chuckle

I was wondering if there are any haunted skate spots. If anoyones got one let me know

RCB3

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 428
« Reply #4526 on: August 14, 2020, 01:45:15 PM »
I imagine the answer is yes, but has anyone done a bluntslide kickflip to fakie on vert where they're actually sliding? Either fs or bs seems gnarly, but I feel like it has to have been done.

Irvine-Sucks.com

SneakySecrets

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4527 on: August 14, 2020, 09:25:44 PM »
I just realized that by enabling the facial recognition and Apple Pay thing on my phone, I’ve increased the chances of some desperate thief tying me down and sawing my face off by about 100,000,000%.

I’m tied up in some basement somewhere, no fucking face... meanwhile this mother fucker is going around town using my face like an ATM card made of skin and blood.  Shit’s fucked.

peptobismol

« Reply #4528 on: August 14, 2020, 09:28:43 PM »
I just realized that by enabling the facial recognition and Apple Pay thing on my phone, I’ve increased the chances of some desperate thief tying me down and sawing my face off by about 100,000,000%.

I’m tied up in some basement somewhere, no fucking face... meanwhile this mother fucker is going around town using my face like an ATM card made of skin and blood.  Shit’s fucked.
i knew that you would relapse

fulltechnicalskizzy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1936
« Reply #4529 on: August 14, 2020, 10:02:51 PM »
i took my apple pay facial recognition pic high so now my phone doesnt know when i been out getting baked 8)