Author Topic: Things You Are Not Stoked On  (Read 1897604 times)

JM

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 274
  • sup dog
Re: Things You Are Not Stoked On
« Reply #25500 on: March 11, 2024, 11:58:39 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Im not getting kooked anymore. At least it’s not like it used to be. Soon I’m gonna have a 1 to 1 post to kook ratio and I don’t know how to deal with that.

Guys, you Can’t leave the banana hanging. I thought we had something going here.
[close]
Hold on Peanut Butter Jelly Time. I’m almost there.
[close]

Kooked for ya

see you in the inner circle soon JM - not worth much but you can use me as a reference  ;D
Thanks Neck,

I look forward to the intense screening process and skills test before becoming part of the fold.

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 653
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #25501 on: March 11, 2024, 08:15:35 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I was in a hoodie yesterday just skating down the street all stoked for spring, today we have a big-ass snowstorm and my power’s been out for two hours.
[close]

Canada fucking sucks sometimes.
[close]

The site where I had tailbone surgery over a year ago is starting to bleed again, hopefully I can just put some collagen film over it and grow some extra skin cells in the area but my biggest fear is that the inside never healed properly and is opening outwardly from the inside. I have seriously zero fucking interest in going back to wound care for this, I spent way too much time and money there the 1st round.

That sounds pretty gnarly. Good luck.

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

50mm

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 249
  • Take a chance, Columbus did!
« Reply #25502 on: March 11, 2024, 09:53:14 PM »
Expand Quote
I got this bad tooth thats been giving me pain and making my face swell and I got to wait till friday to get it pulled. Its one of the ones upfront, i dont have dental insurance and root canal is too expensive, its gonna leave me looking like a crackhead

If I could go back in time I would tell my younger self to just brush your fuckin teeth
[close]
Don’t feel too bad. I brush everyday and floss once every two weeks.

I’m going to have to get two root canals probably because my molars got cracked on both sides from either slowly chomping them over the years.

Never thought it would happen to me, and root canals are fucking expensive!! Fuck!!
Buy a soniccare electic toothbrush. The ones that are like $20 that you charge are good. You just barely touch it to your gums and it blasts everything out. It's much better than a normal tooth brush and you instantly feel a difference. Don't buy those shitty oralb or the ones that have the two parts that move. You should still floss but if you don't, do yourself a big favor. Everyone should use that shit. Buy replacement heads by the dozen for $10 on amazon instead of the expensive replacement ones from the brand.

JM

• SLAP Pal
  • sup dog
« Reply #25503 on: March 12, 2024, 05:58:33 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I got this bad tooth thats been giving me pain and making my face swell and I got to wait till friday to get it pulled. Its one of the ones upfront, i dont have dental insurance and root canal is too expensive, its gonna leave me looking like a crackhead

If I could go back in time I would tell my younger self to just brush your fuckin teeth
[close]

I’m going to have to get two root canals probably because my molars got cracked on both sides from either slowly chomping them over the years.

Never thought it would happen to me, and root canals are fucking expensive!! Fuck!!
[close]
Buy a soniccare electic toothbrush. The ones that are like $20 that you charge are good. You just barely touch it to your gums and it blasts everything out. It's much better than a normal tooth brush and you instantly feel a difference. Don't buy those shitty oralb or the ones that have the two parts that move. You should still floss but if you don't, do yourself a big favor. Everyone should use that shit. Buy replacement heads by the dozen for $10 on amazon instead of the expensive replacement ones from the brand.
Thank you

Update, they drilled out the cracks, and the cracks didn’t go deep enough to the root, so no need for root canals… so just really,really large fillings.

Banned from the room

« Reply #25504 on: March 12, 2024, 08:36:04 PM »
I'm over talking about politics and the psychology of skatan for a bit. I wanna think about that anti hero joint that just dropped and about happy days ahead.

I need to get this record cover done and start booking out of state. I gotta get a label to split 1000 with me.

I was thinking I should just go right to the top with it and work my way down

dunc

• Rep: 56
« Reply #25505 on: March 12, 2024, 10:09:01 PM »
Long mother fucken covid.
2.5 years now of a total head fuck!!!!! Can't push my self past doing a couple of slappy boardslides without taking myself out for a week or two. Which involves fatigue , migraines , and severe depression. I've been living like a monk for so long with no real measurable outcomes.
Don't ever take your health for granted slappers.
They laughed when I told my friends that I was going to be a comedian.....well they are not laughing now!

LUGR

• Rep: 52
« Reply #25506 on: March 12, 2024, 10:47:36 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]
Thank you

Update, they drilled out the cracks, and the cracks didn’t go deep enough to the root, so no need for root canals… so just really,really large fillings.

Dang dude, that looks cracked worse than mine did. My dentist wouldn’t do a filling only a crown. This is the second cracked tooth and crown I have gotten in the past year long period. I actually switched dentists bc the first crown I thought I got scammed on bc I as well as insurance said it should have been a filling. Then the new dentist did the same thing insisting on a crown. I feel like I can’t trust these fools no more. Shit will put a dent in your pocket for sure.

JM

• SLAP Pal
  • sup dog
« Reply #25507 on: March 13, 2024, 05:59:09 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]
Thank you

[close]

Dang dude, that looks cracked worse than mine did. My dentist wouldn’t do a filling only a crown. This is the second cracked tooth and crown I have gotten in the past year long period. I actually switched dentists bc the first crown I thought I got scammed on bc I as well as insurance said it should have been a filling. Then the new dentist did the same thing insisting on a crown. I feel like I can’t trust these fools no more. Shit will put a dent in your pocket for sure.
There was heavy “quota filling” vibes to it all for sure. This dental place is part of a larger national business, so it makes sense the Dentists are looking for ways to collect even if it’s not completely necessary. It sucks.

LUGR

• Rep: 52
« Reply #25508 on: March 13, 2024, 07:19:52 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]
Thank you

[close]

[close]
There was heavy “quota filling” vibes to it all for sure. This dental place is part of a larger national business, so it makes sense the Dentists are looking for ways to collect even if it’s not completely necessary. It sucks.

It really does suck…but so does tooth pain. I really want to try and keep my teeth.

They ground my tooth down put a temp crown in that kept falling out and breaking and had to wait for 2 weeks. Go in for the perm crown and that shit doesn’t even fit! So I had to come back again, get numbed up again, tooth ground down again and wait another 2 weeks. It fits fine now, but depleted the shit out of my bank. Uggggh….Def not stoked on the dentist.

GauchoAmigo

• Rep: 68
« Reply #25509 on: March 13, 2024, 08:33:27 AM »
Moved into a new apartment just over a year ago - cheap, spacious, and rent stabilized which is incredibly rare in the city I'm in. About 3 months ago I noticed a leak in my bathroom ceiling along with some black mold which made me incredibly sick for 3 weeks straight, which led to me missing a ton of work etc. My building super isn't the worst, helped repair the ceiling when I told him but he also said its due to the upstairs neighbor refusing to use a shower curtain??? Which is so fucking weird. Now 3 months later the paint in the ceiling started bubbling up again and I've been super sick again for the last week. Super came to patch up the ceiling but if the upstairs neighbor keeps leaking then this is just gonna keep happening. Super said the building just started the eviction process for that tenant but I know that can take anywhere from 3 months to years depending on how well they know how to play their cards....I don't want to move/can't afford to, but my apartment is literally killing me.

The cherry on top is I just stayed at a friends place last night who is letting me crash at their place while they're on vacation. Just woke up with bedbug bites all over my arm. About to go to the laundrymat and clean everything I brought here. Can't catch a fucking break....

50mm

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 249
  • Take a chance, Columbus did!
« Reply #25510 on: March 13, 2024, 07:02:45 PM »
2.5 years now of a total head fuck!!!!! Can't push my self past doing a couple of slappy boardslides without taking myself out for a week or two. Which involves fatigue , migraines , and severe depression. I've been living like a monk for so long with no real measurable outcomes.
Hang in there you sonofabitch! Sorry to hear about getting sick. Every day you open your eyes truly is a great day. Don’t forget that.

Banned from the room

« Reply #25511 on: March 13, 2024, 09:57:08 PM »
I'm injured. I so watched this

I'm really bummed on it.

This flick is so fucked up.

TheBoognish

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
« Reply #25512 on: March 17, 2024, 10:04:55 AM »
Fucking sinusitis. It's not even the worst one I've ever had in terms of sinus fucked up-ness, but this is the first time one of my ears is that blocked from it.

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #25513 on: March 17, 2024, 12:28:20 PM »
Fucking sinusitis. It's not even the worst one I've ever had in terms of sinus fucked up-ness, but this is the first time one of my ears is that blocked from it.

Nettypots are the best invention ever. However, you shouldn't use them for sinus problems if you ears hurt. :(

"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1421
« Reply #25514 on: March 17, 2024, 12:59:52 PM »

Yo brother. My lady lives w long covid. Luckily she found an NP who also has long covid. She was on propanalol until a couple months ago (over 2 years) for heart rate and light headedness, but they switched her over to metoprolol 1x day and 2x day bupropion and its making a world of difference.

Prior to Covid, she is lower energy and more prone to anxiety and depression than me, but we hiked at least 10miles every weekend, went camping, to shows, she jogged, went to yoga 3x week. Thats all been nixed. Rapid up and down movement makes her faint headed. Shes fatigued after 2 miles flat. 30 hr work week destroys her. BUT!!! The new meds have really helped. The days of just being assed out have become fewer and far between, energy levels are a def higher.

We will keep fighting this shit til we figure it out.

Keep strong homie
Support your local skate shop

dunc

« Reply #25515 on: March 17, 2024, 02:28:46 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Hang in there you sonofabitch! Sorry to hear about getting sick. Every day you open your eyes truly is a great day. Don’t forget that.

Thanks for your kind words. Yes it's easy to loose perspective when life is a struggle. I know I will be a better person when I pop out the other side.
They laughed when I told my friends that I was going to be a comedian.....well they are not laughing now!

dunc

« Reply #25516 on: March 17, 2024, 02:31:46 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Yo brother. My lady lives w long covid. Luckily she found an NP who also has long covid. She was on propanalol until a couple months ago (over 2 years) for heart rate and light headedness, but they switched her over to metoprolol 1x day and 2x day bupropion and its making a world of difference.

Prior to Covid, she is lower energy and more prone to anxiety and depression than me, but we hiked at least 10miles every weekend, went camping, to shows, she jogged, went to yoga 3x week. Thats all been nixed. Rapid up and down movement makes her faint headed. Shes fatigued after 2 miles flat. 30 hr work week destroys her. BUT!!! The new meds have really helped. The days of just being assed out have become fewer and far between, energy levels are a def higher.

Keep strong homie

Thanks for your ideas. Sounds like a similar stink situation with your partner.  May I  ask what a an NP is? Did the medication help with fatigue or just the brain fog side of things? Thanks again.

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 170
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #25517 on: March 17, 2024, 02:47:19 PM »

May I  ask what a an NP is?

Nurse Practitioner

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

IUTSM

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #25518 on: March 17, 2024, 03:09:47 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Keep strong homie
[close]

Thanks for your ideas. Sounds like a similar stink situation with your partner.  May I  ask what a an NP is? Did the medication help with fatigue or just the brain fog side of things? Thanks again.

NP is a nurse practitioner.

The meds are for heart rate and one is a common stimulant anti depressant.

While her heart rate is able to go down, she is less tired/fatigued. Fatigue also seems to contribute to worse brain fog as well.

Fwiw, while i dont live w long covid in my body, i got the same strains of covid (2x for her 3x for me) as my gal and its safe to say that its taken a long while to get my stamina back. My brain still gets foggy as well but mushrooms have helped, both medicinal supplements and psilocybin microdose from time to time

dunc

« Reply #25519 on: March 17, 2024, 03:19:51 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Keep strong homie
[close]

[close]

NP is a nurse practitioner.

The meds are for heart rate and one is a common stimulant anti depressant.

While her heart rate is able to go down, she is less tired/fatigued. Fatigue also seems to contribute to worse brain fog as well.

Fwiw, while i dont live w long covid in my body, i got the same strains of covid (2x for her 3x for me) as my gal and its safe to say that its taken a long while to get my stamina back. My brain still gets foggy as well but mushrooms have helped, both medicinal supplements and psilocybin microdose from time to time

You're not the first person to mention mushrooms. I'm curious about these. Might have to hunt some down. Just need to know what to look out for.

IUTSM

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #25520 on: March 17, 2024, 06:30:12 PM »
Lions mane, chaga, reishi are great medicinal mushrooms. Powders, tinctures, etc can be ordered from host defense. There are plenty of other companies but Paul stamets is the real deal.

Fantastic Fungi is a rad film about mushrooms. Informative and also quite lovely to view at points

skate_or_dingus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 256
« Reply #25521 on: March 18, 2024, 11:59:18 AM »
 Bad gateway timeouts on this bootybutt ass server.

Dirty_Dan90

• Rep: -23
« Reply #25522 on: March 18, 2024, 12:58:11 PM »
lower back pain

Blind Fisherman

• Rep: 81
« Reply #25523 on: March 18, 2024, 01:31:32 PM »
Haven't had a proper night of sleep in about a week now. Feel like I'm going to crash hard tonight, but this incessant cycle of "sleep 12 hours one night a week and maybe 3 hours every day after" is going to ruin me. Cutting out caffeine, sugary snacks, etc. helps, but I find myself dozing off then waking up right as my brain and body fully relax.

mfweeno

• Rep: 36
« Reply #25524 on: March 18, 2024, 03:20:13 PM »
I'm taking our oldest dog - an English lab, about 8 years old and a rescue - to the vet on Wednesday for some lumps we found around his hip. I am more torn up about it than I expected to be. 

slaab900turbo

« Reply #25525 on: March 18, 2024, 03:20:57 PM »
Addie Pray’s ban. Sorry if I’m late.

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1032
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #25526 on: March 18, 2024, 06:16:26 PM »
An ex called me out of the blue, she then talked about how my dog had died, and said they we're sorry and that they'd drawn a picture of my dog (which was very weird). Then they sorta spiraled down into yelling at me about how they "still loved me but didn't care about me anymore". The whole thing just left a bad fucking taste in my mouth. Dunno what else to say but what a crazy bitch lmao

This reminds me of every day in my life somehow.

But also sorry about the dog

JoseCansnake0

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: -31
« Reply #25527 on: March 18, 2024, 08:14:43 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Keep strong homie

Damn man, I've been dealing with this shit for almost two years as well. I've literally been waiting to have a heart attack for the last 12 months. I get super anxiety chest pains, and fatigue easily. I've just been dealing with it but am going to see a doctor soon.

Glad I'm not the only one, hope she's feeling beter.

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #25528 on: March 19, 2024, 06:59:44 PM »
AirBnB, absolutely insane. I complained about the the noise from the host's part of the home and she flipped out. Yelling through the walls and all sorts of crazy shit.

I fucking hate AirBnB.

hmmoookay

• Rep: 71
  • content nausea
« Reply #25529 on: March 21, 2024, 08:04:33 AM »
job rejection letters.