Author Topic: Things You Are Not Stoked On  (Read 1898895 times)

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1394
Re: Things You Are Not Stoked On
« Reply #25470 on: March 02, 2024, 08:29:40 AM »
Had to deal with a racist driver the other day.

We almost hit each other in a parking lot, because he stopped in the middle of it, didn't signal, I tried to go around him, and he started to turn into me as I was going around. We honked at each other, whatever. I go on to park and do my thing after, but he followed me and got out of his HVAC van beside my car.

He gets in my face as soon as I start walking to a supermarket and before I say anything, he says, "Do you know how we drive in this country?" Which is so obviously racist.

I said back to him, in my usual North American lack of an accent, "You think I'm not from this country?"

Immediately after I say this, he stares at me without saying anything. I turn around and start walking away. He starts following me and tries to ask if I was on the wrong side of the road (it was a parking lot). I tell him to get back, stop following me, and that he's acting angry and violent. He tries to defend himself saying he's not being violent.

Then he starts saying, "You people don't know how to drive" or some shit. He definitely said "You people..." which is indicative of more racism. So I turned back, interrupted him and said, "YOU people are SICK," then once again turned around and went into the supermarket. As I walked in, he tried to say that I was afraid to answer his question, standing in the parking lot and yelling.

People are fucked and they'll continue to be fucked. I glad I stood up for myself and ignored him, and I'm not interested in kooks living rent free in my mind, but I'm just so tired of angry dipshits.

gringo_viejo

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 43
« Reply #25471 on: March 02, 2024, 04:50:34 PM »

We almost hit each other in a parking lot, because he stopped in the middle of it, didn't signal, I tried to go around him, and he started to turn into me as I was going around. We honked at each other, whatever. I go on to park and do my thing after, but he followed me and got out of his HVAC van beside my car.

He gets in my face as soon as I start walking to a supermarket and before I say anything, he says, "Do you know how we drive in this country?" Which is so obviously racist.

I said back to him, in my usual North American lack of an accent, "You think I'm not from this country?"

Immediately after I say this, he stares at me without saying anything. I turn around and start walking away. He starts following me and tries to ask if I was on the wrong side of the road (it was a parking lot). I tell him to get back, stop following me, and that he's acting angry and violent. He tries to defend himself saying he's not being violent.

Then he starts saying, "You people don't know how to drive" or some shit. He definitely said "You people..." which is indicative of more racism. So I turned back, interrupted him and said, "YOU people are SICK," then once again turned around and went into the supermarket. As I walked in, he tried to say that I was afraid to answer his question, standing in the parking lot and yelling.

People are fucked and they'll continue to be fucked. I glad I stood up for myself and ignored him, and I'm not interested in kooks living rent free in my mind, but I'm just so tired of angry dipshits.

Damn. Sorry you had to deal with that. Some people are too stupid to realize they're stupid. Just going around saying bad opinions loudly all day long.

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1394
« Reply #25472 on: March 02, 2024, 05:48:48 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Damn. Sorry you had to deal with that. Some people are too stupid to realize they're stupid. Just going around saying bad opinions loudly all day long.

I appreciate that. I’ve had other run ins in the exact same neigbourhood so there’s definitely something going on there. Yo I love Achewood by the way, nice sig haha

ToySanta

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 120
« Reply #25473 on: March 02, 2024, 08:38:19 PM »
Had a really good day that got soured by dinner with friends. I’ve got to go to bed soon, but I feel like screaming and now I’m mad at friends for being impatient and rude all around.

I feel like the only one that really wanted to be there and be present. Food was good, but everything else left a bad taste.

I won’t be able to fall asleep this way, so now I’ve got to spend time reorienting. I’m exhausted.

frontsideNECKTIE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 244
  • Precision Posture
« Reply #25474 on: March 02, 2024, 09:08:35 PM »
Had a really good day that got soured by dinner with friends. I’ve got to go to bed soon, but I feel like screaming and now I’m mad at friends for being impatient and rude all around.

I feel like the only one that really wanted to be there and be present. Food was good, but everything else left a bad taste.

I won’t be able to fall asleep this way, so now I’ve got to spend time reorienting. I’m exhausted.

what went so wrong?
Wow sorry, didn't realise I was dealing with a sick cunt here

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 658
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #25475 on: March 03, 2024, 11:35:31 AM »
Canadian Cheerios have more sodium than American Cheerios. I have no idea why Canada needs more salt, but it throws the taste off.

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

gringo_viejo

« Reply #25476 on: March 03, 2024, 02:52:01 PM »
Canadian Cheerios have more sodium than American Cheerios. I have no idea why Canada needs more salt, but it throws the taste off.

I want to read this post as the answer to the question in the previous post.  ;)

newguy

« Reply #25477 on: March 03, 2024, 02:58:27 PM »
The US of A still existing and shitting up the world any chance it gets.

gringo_viejo

« Reply #25478 on: March 03, 2024, 03:11:08 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

I appreciate that. I’ve had other run ins in the exact same neigbourhood so there’s definitely something going on there. Yo I love Achewood by the way, nice sig haha

"Take ol' Fuck You out for a spin today. You'll be glad you did!"

ToySanta

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #25479 on: March 03, 2024, 03:16:33 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I want to read this post as the answer to the question in the previous post.  ;)

This is funny and I wish! Food poisoning is easier than friendship.

ToySanta

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #25480 on: March 03, 2024, 04:14:50 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

what went so wrong?

Three of us made plans about a month ago for dinner last night. Two of us had a work field trip unexpectedly, so we were up at five and on the road two hours from home most of the day. But plenty of time to make it to dinner, though.
But the other one (D) she was home and texting throughout the day, “Where ya at? .. I wanna know if I can make it.. We’re not sure we’ll be there but we’ll try..” I thought she might be sick & was playing it by ear - how she felt about going out. Instead, as soon as she walks in the door she says, “My sister is in town and I have to leave in one hour to go pick up our brother to hang out.”

I saw her three days ago and she never said a word! The cafe was understaffed, and she brought her husband and they were immediately displeased with the service and the conversation kept coming back to  that. He stayed pretty quiet but they were sharing stern looks.
The waitress was pretty neglectful, but I think D was also anxious about her sister picking her up. Then she talked about the two times before she ate there and had bad experiences. Well, why did you let me pick this cafe?!??!?!?

When J sat down at the table (we were on the field trip) they set their phone in front of them and started looking for a SpongeBob meme (“This is really important! I have to send it to someone!” “Can you do that later?” “No! What if I lose my progress on my search??”)

It felt like a lot of little things building up, instead of one awful incident. I really didn’t like being rushed especially not for plans that got thrust upon me last second.

I’m also the one that is expected and relied upon to setup these hangouts - every single time. Made it feel like a grand waste of energy. And when D was texting us all day I was the only one responding.

It might be not recognizing that I planned too much for one day and being selfish, but it does not have me looking toward another hang.

CossRooper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 138
  • What are you up to, drawing leafs?
    • timecube avatar image
« Reply #25481 on: March 03, 2024, 05:44:48 PM »
Expand Quote
Sliced my leg open skating last night. Six staples.

anyone know how it works when you have staples? How soon can you skate? It's on my upper shin.
[close]

That one would probably keep me out until it's healed, personally. Maybe "cruising" (lol yeah right) at 7-10 days, but

Taking a shinner to some fucking staples sounds terrible compared to not skating for 2 weeks

Not stoked on a phone call I got at work. Can't detail due to privacy, but it was one of the gnarliest calls I've gotten... honestly kinda fucked me up

Thanks! This helped! You're definitely right, now that I've gotten more used to this hole in my leg there is no way I'd skate.

I got a 10 day estimate which isn't bad -- should be out in 3-4 days or so. Even then, imma let it heal up more. Shinner at any point in the next little bit is nightmare fuel.

Hope things are stable at work for ya.

frontsideNECKTIE

• SLAP Pal
  • Precision Posture
« Reply #25482 on: March 04, 2024, 01:35:07 PM »
Three of us made plans about a month ago for dinner last night.

I’m also the one that is expected and relied upon to setup these hangouts - every single time. Made it feel like a grand waste of energy. And when D was texting us all day I was the only one responding.

It might be not recognizing that I planned too much for one day and being selfish, but it does not have me looking toward another hang.

Agh I hate situations like that, like you're the one putting the most effort in but everyone keeps trying to shoehorn this or that and it just becomes a total cluster. Really grinds my gears - especially going from one friend group to the next, but the prior is easy going and the latter needs their hands held to use a napkin.

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Sliced my leg open skating last night. Six staples.

anyone know how it works when you have staples? How soon can you skate? It's on my upper shin.
[close]

That one would probably keep me out until it's healed, personally. Maybe "cruising" (lol yeah right) at 7-10 days, but

Taking a shinner to some fucking staples sounds terrible compared to not skating for 2 weeks

Not stoked on a phone call I got at work. Can't detail due to privacy, but it was one of the gnarliest calls I've gotten... honestly kinda fucked me up
[close]

Thanks! This helped! You're definitely right, now that I've gotten more used to this hole in my leg there is no way I'd skate.

I got a 10 day estimate which isn't bad -- should be out in 3-4 days or so. Even then, imma let it heal up more. Shinner at any point in the next little bit is nightmare fuel.

Hope things are stable at work for ya.

Glad my concerns resonated!

Was discussing the noted phone call with some co-workers, and it's seeming like the caller was pretty far out of bounds with their details. Going back to the privacy thing, their description was really out of pocket and really unnecessary for what actually needed to be relayed. Ok, done being cryptic now.

____

Currently, I'm dealing with that promotion I posted about the other week (forget which thread). I officially start next week, but I was shown my new digs and met the employees in the new section. There was a few nice people, a few who looked like hard workers, and a bunch of cold shoulders and "sizing up" type looks.

I don't want to sound ungracious or looking a gift horse in the mouth, but holy fuck I'm tripping on this... I never wanted to be in any sort of management or have that kind of responsibility. I feel like I got somewhat roped into the position, and kinda blindly followed the money. I don't think my supervisor's choice was malicious against me, as they seem to honestly think I'm the best fit for the job. Just really feeling like a fish out of water...

Doesn't help peer and supervisor reviews of that service are FUCKING TERRIBLE, so I'm having some "buyer's remorse" so-to-speak and also kicking myself for jumping in so haphazardly. Haven't even started and I've got some pretty gnarly anxiety most nights.... idk maybe being uncomfortable will be good for me...

bob george

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 220
« Reply #25483 on: March 04, 2024, 02:20:54 PM »
^ I've been having a similar feeling regarding a new job I have just started that I really chased - different, but similar-ish...

I've been humming the smiths a lot the last two weeks, "I was looking for a job and then I found a job and heaven knows i'm miserable now"

however in my case i'm like 100% sure that it's just the crushing anxiety of a new environment/responsibility/my battle with unworthiness etc. but yeah, sleepless nights, not grinding my teeth but realising that i'm carrying so much tension in my jaw, like i'm trying to crush my teeth.

i think i'm actually pretty great at the job, the people i work with are all nice enough and it will support me into the future more than any job i've had before but i'm just petrified. hopefully i don't stay feeling like this for too long - it's exhausting.

lots of love to you all! <3
that skinny motherfucker with the high voice

LUGR

• Rep: 52
« Reply #25484 on: March 04, 2024, 09:22:11 PM »
^ I've been having a similar feeling regarding a new job I have just started that I really chased - different, but similar-ish...

I've been humming the smiths a lot the last two weeks, "I was looking for a job and then I found a job and heaven knows i'm miserable now"

however in my case i'm like 100% sure that it's just the crushing anxiety of a new environment/responsibility/my battle with unworthiness etc. but yeah, sleepless nights, not grinding my teeth but realising that i'm carrying so much tension in my jaw, like i'm trying to crush my teeth.

i think i'm actually pretty great at the job, the people i work with are all nice enough and it will support me into the future more than any job i've had before but i'm just petrified. hopefully i don't stay feeling like this for too long - it's exhausting.

lots of love to you all! <3

Congrats on the new job.

I think you will mellow out over time as you get more and more used to the new environment, especially if your coworkers are nice.

Banned from the room

« Reply #25485 on: March 05, 2024, 10:25:04 AM »
my dick doesnt work right anymore in my early 20s

idk what to do  ;D

I got you pal.

Same shit happened to me. I came back.
Mine was caused by drug abuse and bad partner choice's poor diet and perpetual constipation.

Definitely talk to the Dr. Just keep fuckin. Otherwise you're going to put it on a pedestal and let it grind you down

Care less cum more should be the mantra. Don't stress it yo. Try new shit

OhioGuy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 37
« Reply #25486 on: March 06, 2024, 04:31:26 PM »
Losing my free health insurance. Kinda makes me not want to skate since a broken bone can cost over $10k without insurance. I only skate flat but I’m still paranoid. Might bump my hours down at work to get it again. It’s a shame you gotta pick healthcare or money.

JoseCansnake0

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: -29
« Reply #25487 on: March 06, 2024, 05:45:52 PM »
Losing my free health insurance. Kinda makes me not want to skate since a broken bone can cost over $10k without insurance. I only skate flat but I’m still paranoid. Might bump my hours down at work to get it again. It’s a shame you gotta pick healthcare or money.

So if you work overtime, you have to pay for benefits, or do you just lose them? How many hours constitutes free health insurance? Can you pay for benefits through work?

Sounds fucked either way tbh, sorry to hear it

OhioGuy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 37
« Reply #25488 on: March 06, 2024, 05:53:09 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

So if you work overtime, you have to pay for benefits, or do you just lose them? How many hours constitutes free health insurance? Can you pay for benefits through work?

Sounds fucked either way tbh, sorry to hear it
It’s Medicaid. I make $400 too much now. So I’d have to pay for insurance. And with deductibles and co-pays, it’ll end up costing too much. I’d be paying for worse coverage. So it makes sense to just work less to get the Medicaid. I have a few medical issues and going without coverage is something I don’t want to risk since it’s literally gambling with my life.

Uh Oh

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 371
« Reply #25489 on: March 07, 2024, 12:07:18 PM »

Was going to see them at Brown’s Island in Richmond. I made travel plans. :’(

wahwahwah

• Rep: -2
« Reply #25490 on: March 08, 2024, 07:00:05 AM »
Me and my girl broke up last week on really good terms luckily. I´m totally okay about the breakup, but im so fucking worried for her wellbeing. She has a history with heavy drug use and such. She has been sober for a long time now, but when we talked face to face few days after the breakup she told me she had used alot of coke the next day after our breakup.

Anyways im so fucking lost and I dont know what the fuck to do.

Im not sure if ranting about it on slap is the correct thing to do :D
Sipe nousee sisään,
Niin nousee herkkokin.

Sick_McCrank_

• Rep: -492
« Reply #25491 on: March 09, 2024, 10:55:11 AM »
Im not getting kooked anymore. At least it’s not like it used to be. Soon I’m gonna have a 1 to 1 post to kook ratio and I don’t know how to deal with that.

Guys, you Can’t leave the banana hanging. I thought we had something going here.
Trendwatch 2022: kooking Sick_McCrank_ everyday for being a kook

mynameisnotjeff

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 590
« Reply #25492 on: March 10, 2024, 01:13:37 AM »
Me and my girl broke up last week on really good terms luckily. I´m totally okay about the breakup, but im so fucking worried for her wellbeing. She has a history with heavy drug use and such. She has been sober for a long time now, but when we talked face to face few days after the breakup she told me she had used alot of coke the next day after our breakup.

Anyways im so fucking lost and I dont know what the fuck to do.

Im not sure if ranting about it on slap is the correct thing to do :D

Sorry to hear that.
No matter how good the terms, a break up is a break up. It’ll hurt. It’s important to hold space for yourself and take your time.

I went to therapy after a break up because my health insurance at the time provided sessions. My therapist and I discussed swimming not drowning in emotions. Understand that’s you’re allowed to feel things and navigate through your emotions, don’t get too focused in them. No one really wins a break up and focus on yourself and spend time with family and friends for support.
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

JM

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 279
  • sup dog
« Reply #25493 on: March 10, 2024, 07:32:22 AM »
Im not getting kooked anymore. At least it’s not like it used to be. Soon I’m gonna have a 1 to 1 post to kook ratio and I don’t know how to deal with that.

Guys, you Can’t leave the banana hanging. I thought we had something going here.
Hold on Peanut Butter Jelly Time. I’m almost there.

TheBoognish

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
« Reply #25494 on: March 10, 2024, 08:39:31 AM »
I was in a hoodie yesterday just skating down the street all stoked for spring, today we have a big-ass snowstorm and my power’s been out for two hours.

frontsideNECKTIE

• SLAP Pal
  • Precision Posture
« Reply #25495 on: March 10, 2024, 03:32:33 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Hold on Peanut Butter Jelly Time. I’m almost there.

Kooked for ya

see you in the inner circle soon JM - not worth much but you can use me as a reference  ;D

Steely Daniel

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 465
« Reply #25496 on: March 10, 2024, 04:00:16 PM »
Daylight savings time is some bullshit.

Banned from the room

« Reply #25497 on: March 10, 2024, 09:25:56 PM »
My front foots big toenail is ingrown again. I'm thinking about how to take it all the way off this time not just 75% of it.

This is the worst shit

skate_or_dingus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 253
« Reply #25498 on: March 11, 2024, 04:43:01 AM »
I was in a hoodie yesterday just skating down the street all stoked for spring, today we have a big-ass snowstorm and my power’s been out for two hours.

Canada fucking sucks sometimes.

Jim and Dan

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 502
  • Twenty-six Conversions in A.D. 46
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #25499 on: March 11, 2024, 05:01:54 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Canada fucking sucks sometimes.

The site where I had tailbone surgery over a year ago is starting to bleed again, hopefully I can just put some collagen film over it and grow some extra skin cells in the area but my biggest fear is that the inside never healed properly and is opening outwardly from the inside. I have seriously zero fucking interest in going back to wound care for this, I spent way too much time and money there the 1st round.
Roll for Rusty, Frip, Dapple and Tate

"My boiz better take my body, and boardslide me down the fucking bridge, in San Francisco"