Author Topic: What’s with Slash  (Read 93473 times)

bbk

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 278
  • Dopeness
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: What’s with Slash
« Reply #150 on: November 03, 2018, 12:51:15 PM »
Would Slash really misspell his own name?

poor alice

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -133
  • ♦️♣️♥️♠️
« Reply #151 on: November 03, 2018, 01:11:52 PM »
I thought that Dollin thing was a screenshot of not a text writtten by Slash but a voicemail that had been transcribed by Siri or something similar?
I don’t have the screenshot but from what I remember that’s what it seemed to be .
I'm going to argue that Placebo owes their entire career to a Canadian dude's skate video part. Appleyard should be getting royalties for this shit.

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -237
« Reply #152 on: November 03, 2018, 01:39:02 PM »
Has anyone said that his dog died yet?
I’m pretty sure he’s just super messed up about losing his closest friend.
Maybe it was his fault like he accidentally ran her over or something.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2018, 01:46:44 PM by johnes »
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

slobplant

• Rep: -12
« Reply #153 on: November 03, 2018, 04:13:41 PM »
Has anyone said that his dog died yet?
I’m pretty sure he’s just super messed up about losing his closest friend.
Maybe it was his fault like he accidentally ran her over or something.

i was also thinking that something like that might of happened.  i hope he finds some peace he seems to be going off the deepend

conqueso

« Reply #154 on: November 03, 2018, 04:47:03 PM »
He is literally on a brand called deathwish. You guys are soft.

mattchew

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 370
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #155 on: November 03, 2018, 06:55:22 PM »
Wait...so Slash isn't gay?

So who the fuck are you then!?
P R E P A R E  T O  T I M E C O D E

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #156 on: November 04, 2018, 03:18:46 AM »

Deathwish’s team situation all around is a little confusing to me;

- Slash has a pro model in their most recent run but hasn’t put out anything that I can recall in the last few years.
- Ellington is one of their most recognisable pros and owners and doesn’t have a board out in the most recent runs.
- Greco is putting out his own high profile release skate films and is arguably in the limelight and conversation moreso than he had been. Yet he too doesn’t have a board with his name on it? Surely they could have capatlised on the conversation around Jobs, Never! and had a board out with Grecos name on it.

Maybe I’m reading a little too much into this and, yes, I am only basing this on their recent Halloween 🎃 run of decks but neither Deathwish or Bakerboys Dist. websites will load for me to check the catatlogues.

I'd buy a Greco board (8.38" or 8.5") but none are available. I've never even considered buying a Deathwish board cuz I don't like their image one bit but all the Greco boards I've seen have mostly looked pretty good and I got inspired to give him some money after seeing and really liking Jobs… Never but alas, no boards available.  :-\

Zumiez And Xanax

« Reply #157 on: November 04, 2018, 04:50:40 AM »

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3385
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #158 on: November 04, 2018, 07:30:35 AM »

GAY

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #159 on: November 04, 2018, 07:32:28 AM »
Expand Quote
Wait...so Slash isn't gay?
[close]

So who the fuck are you then!?

I'm Slarsh, not Slash...people confuse us a lot though.

WarmUpZone

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 476
  • I hope God makes you break your leg.
    • the Warm Up Zone - watching skate videos over and over avatar image
« Reply #160 on: November 04, 2018, 08:09:48 AM »
Deathwish’s team situation all around is a little confusing to me;

- Slash has a pro model in their most recent run but hasn’t put out anything that I can recall in the last few years.
- Ellington is one of their most recognisable pros and owners and doesn’t have a board out in the most recent runs.
- Greco is putting out his own high profile release skate films and is arguably in the limelight and conversation moreso than he had been. Yet he too doesn’t have a board with his name on it? Surely they could have capatlised on the conversation around Jobs, Never! and had a board out with Grecos name on it.
Slash had a few tricks the Deathwish Part 2 video that came out earlier this year.

Ellington and Greco do have a couple boards out currently on Deathwish. They seem to be doing what other pro/owner/legends do (like Danny and Colin on Plan B), which is give themselves a deck here or there, but most of the team series boards are for the younger, more active pros.

I've always been a bit confused by the Greco Hammers / Deathwish thing. It seems like he is either becoming a silent partner in Baker Boys Dist and just wanting to do his own solo thing, or Deathwish doesn't want to attach their brand to his videos and whatnot. I think he would benefit from picking a lane and making it clear to his fans and demographic how to support him.

Greco's latest deck for Deathwish

Ellington for Deathwish

As for Slash, I really hope he channels his depression into productivity and drops a monster part for Deathwish Part 3. He really is a great skater and I keep waiting and hoping to see something new. Of course, if he blows out his knee or something and can't skate at all for 6 months he really might sink into a scary place.
Warm Up Zone. Let's watch some skateboarding videos.

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #161 on: November 04, 2018, 08:24:10 AM »
That Greco deck looks nice. Too bad it's 8.475" which has a 14.25" wheelbase which is too short for me.  :-\

chipped tail

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -42
« Reply #162 on: November 08, 2018, 12:34:42 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I notice a major disconnect with some pros and in turn they've become black-listed/ the pariah of the industry. Moose, Slash, Furby,  etc..
[close]

What did Moose do to get banished?  I was just thinking about how I haven’t seen a clip of him in ages.
[close]

Idk but I do know he likes to commit statutory with 16 yr olds that still go to Oxnard high school, idk if this has been talked about on slap yet , probably not because he faded into obscurity, but I’m from the same county as this dude and have heard a lot of rumors like this not sure if it has anything to do w getting kicked of deathwish tho
[close]
Can confirm this. Some friends of mine were skating with him a couple years ago at a school out there and he had some girl that looked like she was in middle school by everyone’s recollection with him. Apparently it got super awkward when a cop showed up to kick them out. He was also called out on Facebook a while ago by one of these young girls. I didn’t hear about any of this stuff until well after he’d been off deathwish so I’m just going to assume they dodged a bullet letting him go.
He's banished to being pro for Mystery..

planman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 387
  • Morpheus drinking a 40 in a death basket
« Reply #163 on: November 08, 2018, 12:55:59 PM »
Whew that Ellington looks like a wall hanger

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #164 on: November 08, 2018, 01:07:36 PM »
As for Slash, I really hope he channels his depression into productivity and drops a monster part for Deathwish Part 3. He really is a great skater and I keep waiting and hoping to see something new. Of course, if he blows out his knee or something and can't skate at all for 6 months he really might sink into a scary place.
That's not how this works.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2018, 01:10:10 PM by heckler »
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

playemright

« Reply #165 on: November 08, 2018, 01:51:22 PM »
Judging by the gays stealing the rainbow post, hes probably just tired of all the faggotry in the world, specially being surrounded by skateboarders its understandable, I cant even hang out with 9/10 skateboarders cause their faggots and not the good kind. Coumpound that with personal loss or issues and we have depressed slash. Who knows though. Slash I love youkeep pushing.

GAY

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #166 on: November 08, 2018, 02:13:28 PM »
Judging by the gays stealing the rainbow post, hes probably just tired of all the faggotry in the world, specially being surrounded by skateboarders its understandable, I cant even hang out with 9/10 skateboarders cause their faggots and not the good kind. Coumpound that with personal loss or issues and we have depressed slash. Who knows though. Slash I love youkeep pushing.

Gosh I bet those 9 out of 10 skaters you don't hang out with are bummed you don't want to hang out with them. You seem smart. Their loss I guess. :(

blurst_of_times

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 825
    • Skateboarding Magazine Scans avatar image
« Reply #167 on: November 08, 2018, 02:14:09 PM »
You're an intolerant idiot.
There was no wire. Clark's planet needed him.
 Note: Clark Hassler died on the way back to his home planet.

gaunting

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 190
« Reply #168 on: November 08, 2018, 02:16:59 PM »
I thought this part was pretty sick when I first saw it. It's not really the kind of skating I'd typically watch but I still think it's pretty cool. My buddy and me were really stoked on the pole jamming someone else's board thing. We did it a lot right after seeing this.

I did look at what you guys were talking about and those were a lot of sad lyrics. I hope the guy is okay. Wishing the best for him.
I uploaded this video! haha
This has me cracking up, what exactly does Black Flag have to do with measuring your dick starting behind ya nuts?

Skateboarding is nothing but a game to find the right fits to appear like you're a proportional human being instead of a midget or a giant.

playemright

« Reply #169 on: November 08, 2018, 02:23:58 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Sorry the truth hurt you, I was balls deep in some boipussy the other day though.
Gays did subvert the rainbow though, I dont care if the truth is good or bad, its the truth.

gays > whiney faggots
cute traps > crazy trannys

TITANIUM NIPPLES

• Rep: -5
« Reply #170 on: November 08, 2018, 02:39:18 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
Sorry the truth hurt you, I was balls deep in some boipussy the other day though.
Gays did subvert the rainbow though, I dont care if the truth is good or bad, its the truth.

gays > whiney faggots
cute traps > crazy trannys

A garbage bag full of hobo diarrhea > you and all the other new troll posters.

playemright

« Reply #171 on: November 08, 2018, 03:18:43 PM »
Lol good one dude, hobo poop. Keep telling yourself Im a troll, anything to help you cope with reality. Been here for years playa.

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 106
« Reply #172 on: November 08, 2018, 03:21:47 PM »
He’s getting pussy now and his demeanor has completely changed lol

Buncha happy, active posts tagging his new girl in every one

GAY

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #173 on: November 08, 2018, 03:27:45 PM »
Lol good one dude, hobo poop. Keep telling yourself Im a troll, anything to help you cope with reality. Been here for years playa.

What in the world does the beach have to do with any of this?

fakiefrontside

• Rep: -16
« Reply #174 on: November 08, 2018, 03:35:40 PM »
If his dog has passed I can understand the depression, but he’s so rad, such a good skater, I hope he knows that there are a bunch of people that care for him

Joclo

• Rep: 19
  • Just wiggin out
« Reply #175 on: November 08, 2018, 04:51:58 PM »
Wasn't it Duffel that yelled "slash the gash!" years ago? Foresight

Sondor

• Rep: 60
« Reply #176 on: November 18, 2018, 05:09:26 AM »

moneen

• Rep: -41
« Reply #177 on: November 18, 2018, 05:44:31 AM »
cool

Coolhats

« Reply #178 on: November 18, 2018, 06:12:11 AM »

Is he trolling? Is he serious? I really can’t tell.

Bitter

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 162
« Reply #179 on: November 18, 2018, 06:25:17 AM »
In the past couple hours he’s also posted about Jesus, Black Sabbath and his love of hot dogs. Hell of a Sunday morning for ol’ Slash.