Author Topic: Post UPCOMING/RECENT shoe releases thread  (Read 8722011 times)

rolling is good and 6 Guests are viewing this topic.

MusclesMarinara

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 104
Re: Post UPCOMING/RECENT shoe releases thread
« Reply #46170 on: August 25, 2022, 11:11:10 AM »
Damn those look like something you'd get after waiting for hours in the queue at a Soviet labor camp.

Bold of you to think they'd even consider giving supplies out at one of their camps.

I dig the 'jungle boots' color way, but from the pics they look too slim and deconstructed for my feet.
Alex Olson never had the makings of a varsity athlete.

theloniousmonk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #46171 on: August 25, 2022, 11:15:36 AM »
I seriously miss Emerica from like 10-20 years ago..idk what’s going on now
Fat laced were goat shoes

MusclesMarinara

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 104
« Reply #46172 on: August 25, 2022, 11:18:28 AM »
Came across this video in my YouTube suggestions and it had me dying. I love Billy's brutal honesty about the shoe and his quip about shoes nowadays at the 00:40 second mark. Idk why Fallen thought this was a good idea to put Billy's interview in it cause it definitely didn't do any favors to advertise the shoe.

Alex Olson never had the makings of a varsity athlete.

Mean salto

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 858
« Reply #46173 on: August 25, 2022, 11:26:57 AM »
Came across this video in my YouTube suggestions and it had me dying. I love Billy's brutal honesty about the shoe and his quip about shoes nowadays at the 00:40 second mark. Idk why Fallen thought this was a good idea to put Billy's interview in it cause it definitely didn't do any favors to advertise the shoe.

Don't necessarily agree with everyone who wears slip ons will be fucked. It probably works out even with techo shoes as far as pros and cons.

twic3

• Rep: 16
« Reply #46174 on: August 25, 2022, 11:28:40 AM »
I haven't seen a v-neck shirt in ages

TwisT

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1093
« Reply #46175 on: August 25, 2022, 12:13:52 PM »
The thing with current fallen is that it looks like they just turned the machine back on to make the old shoes. Which is fine I guess, but didn’t that not work out last time? If some of the models are new I can’t tell.

FROTHY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 373
« Reply #46176 on: August 25, 2022, 12:41:31 PM »
Kenny Anderson clear weather shoe

Chocolate chunk font on the insole confuses me. Is that a collab? I forget if Kenny is still on chocolate, and their website actually sucks too much to figure it out quickly. Maybe that font is just a publicly available font. Or the laziest collab ever.

The shoes are cool though.

MC3

• Rep: 133
  • "That's a Helluva price to pay for being stylish!"
« Reply #46177 on: August 25, 2022, 01:47:26 PM »
I actually like those KA shoes. He's always had a good taste in shoes imo. Had his white CTAS hi tops and loved them dearly.
(Cool Trick GIF)

HaveFunSkateboarding

• Rep: 20
« Reply #46178 on: August 25, 2022, 05:06:26 PM »
I actually like how those shoes look as well, but I’m not spending any of my money on anything that has that person’s name attached to it.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #46179 on: August 25, 2022, 05:13:20 PM »

holy shit, everything about this is hilarious. the corny background music included.

lemonchicken91

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 242
« Reply #46180 on: August 25, 2022, 07:21:11 PM »
that was fucking hilarious

"I don't even own a gun!"
no, i live in an efficiency by myself and work in middle management like you, loser

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1308
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #46181 on: August 26, 2022, 12:49:32 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

holy shit, everything about this is hilarious. the corny background music included.
A GIF of 1:41 when he peeks out from behind the shoes and says "no air bubble" would be a great sig.

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 478
« Reply #46182 on: August 26, 2022, 01:19:37 AM »
Those Clearweather KA shoes are hot garbage, just like 90% of the other models they've already put out.

Colorway is a solid choice, but those shoes just look like pretentious hipster jungle Tropic Thunder gentrified bullshit

Note: Tropic Thunder reference was for satirical motif. Luh dat shit!
Super Champion Fun Zone

chillclinton87

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 142
« Reply #46183 on: August 26, 2022, 03:00:34 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
the emerica beer pee shoe is dope looks like pee
[close]
[close]

On the bright side, you no longer have to avoid splashback on your feet.

when you once don't pee on your surf pants

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 546
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #46184 on: August 26, 2022, 03:23:10 AM »
Emerica with the cupsole moccasin looking ass shoe.

More slip cups instead guys

LebowskisRug

« Reply #46185 on: August 26, 2022, 11:22:43 AM »
Billy was in the local shop and was 100% like that video about everything, just grabbing decks off the wall and talking shit on them. At one point someone asked about his shoe and he said "you can throw this through a fucking window and it wouldn't bend the insole is cement"

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1308
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #46186 on: August 26, 2022, 11:32:21 AM »
Billy was in the local shop and was 100% like that video about everything, just grabbing decks off the wall and talking shit on them. At one point someone asked about his shoe and he said "you can throw this through a fucking window and it wouldn't bend the insole is cement"
I feel he could have a career revival with a youtube series of him talking shit in skateshops.

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 649
« Reply #46187 on: August 26, 2022, 11:56:00 AM »
That video of Billy was the only good thing about the whole last page of this thread

PincherBug

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -102
« Reply #46188 on: August 26, 2022, 01:02:30 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I feel he could have a career revival with a youtube series of him talking shit in skateshops.

I would enjoy anything with him and Sinclair having to share long durations of time together.  They should have gotten a spin-off after that one season of KOTR.

kneebone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 356
« Reply #46189 on: August 26, 2022, 01:29:50 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

I would enjoy anything with him and Sinclair having to share long durations of time together.  They should have gotten a spin-off after that one season of KOTR.
I thought Sinclair or Billy did confirm that they shot a pilot or pitch or whatever for such a show but it didn't get picked up?

IpathCats

« Reply #46190 on: August 29, 2022, 10:11:41 AM »
The current state of Emerica is sad...... how poetic.

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 478
« Reply #46191 on: August 29, 2022, 03:53:47 PM »

How? Their stuff with Spanky and Julian doing G6 cupsoles is easily some of their best work in awhile and solid crowd service by a mile. I'm partially biased because I'm a fan of soletech's quality cupsoles anyways, tho.

Sure, they have their dud models/colorways, as does EVERY OTHER shoe brand out there.
Super Champion Fun Zone

dumptruck12

• Rep: -104
« Reply #46192 on: August 29, 2022, 06:22:34 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

How? Their stuff with Spanky and Julian doing G6 cupsoles is easily some of their best work in awhile and solid crowd service by a mile. I'm partially biased because I'm a fan of soletech's quality cupsoles anyways, tho.

Sure, they have their dud models/colorways, as does EVERY OTHER shoe brand out there.
Nah man it’s bad and I love Emerica, just hasn’t been good for a while. Even the Dickson colorways are terrible and that shoe is great…they just need to revamp whatever creative team they got there

jamersonbass

• Rep: 70
« Reply #46193 on: August 29, 2022, 07:12:06 PM »
I actually like how those shoes look as well, but I’m not spending any of my money on anything that has that person’s name attached to it.

This^

He posted something on his IG about wheels, and I commented "Wow, those really scream on the ground.  They're ABUSING the pavement", and he blocked me lol.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 146
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #46194 on: August 29, 2022, 07:39:42 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

this! Emerica is the best they’ve been in the last decade

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

IpathCats

« Reply #46195 on: August 30, 2022, 05:23:41 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Soletechs price vs the quality is laughable. Honestly, aside from LARB it seems like skate shoe companies just don't make quality products anymore. I know $100 plus is a lot to spend for many people but if they last twice as long, its worth it. I've never been happier with my skate shoe purchases than I have buying used nikes on ebay. best $ to performance ratio.

thebacker

« Reply #46196 on: August 30, 2022, 05:32:28 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

Soletechs price vs the quality is laughable. Honestly, aside from LARB it seems like skate shoe companies just don't make quality products anymore. I know $100 plus is a lot to spend for many people but if they last twice as long, its worth it. I've never been happier with my skate shoe purchases than I have buying used nikes on ebay. best $ to performance ratio.

try buying nikes off their website and skate them for a month, then return the skated shoes and get your money back

IpathCats

« Reply #46197 on: August 30, 2022, 05:35:01 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

try buying nikes off their website and skate them for a month, then return the skated shoes and get your money back

OH FUCK, infinite shoe glitch.

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #46198 on: August 30, 2022, 05:40:33 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

Is what’s laughable is thinking LRAB is quality. They look toasted after a few weeks. Every pair I’ve seen in the wild are busted after about 2 weeks. Yet people spend almost 100$ on shit that has no removable insole. The friends that I know that have them always talk about them like theh suck and then finish with yeah but they are great. And I’m like bald sole bitching about the insoles and busting holes through them in a week don’t sound great. I can’t speak on all of sole tech but I think emerica is on a definite up swing and models are looking better there’s a few off knew but whatever. The quality is there and on par with a the big corpo brands I’ve tried. (Never skated adidas or Nike).

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1970
« Reply #46199 on: August 30, 2022, 06:05:30 AM »