Author Topic: Corona Virus. What's going on where you live?  (Read 93129 times)

EdLawndale

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1103
    • My Wife avatar image
Re: Corona Virus. What's going on where you live?
« Reply #1170 on: May 18, 2020, 01:10:35 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Good ol' Governor Gavin Newsom in CA is talking about huge cuts to the state budget, effecting mostly school and social services. My partner just found out the state sponsored agency she works for might have all of it's funding cut by July 1. I know we're not special or unique in this regard, but Goddamnit.
[close]

Newsom just slashed our agency 10% starting July. We're already operating at a 20% deficit from the last recession. Comparing to the great recession where we started with a 5% cut and ended up cutting 1/3rd of the workforce (with most of the remaining demoted one step), I can already see that we are severely fucked. I can see why he's opening up again while the death rate is still increasing.
[close]

It's rough. Truthfully, we're thinking about pulling up and moving out when and if the time comes. My hope was to get a county job for a few years after grad school to get licensed, but I doubt that's going to happen anytime soon, especially considering we live in one of the 5 poorest counties in the state. I think it's top 3 in ACEs scores as well. Damn. good god damn
[close]
yeah california might be a wrap. newsome really should end up doing serious prison time after all this. human rights violations bordering on war crimes
[close]

Is this hyperbole?
[close]

a bit.

california will be fine eventually but newsom is pretty evidently guilty of human rights crimes. cuomo should for sure end up in prison but we'll see if anyone actually sacks up and goes after them the way they should.

No disrespect but you sound like a fucking dolt.
"Was just about to say, wtf is up with this EdLawndale guy?"

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 31
« Reply #1171 on: May 18, 2020, 02:03:36 AM »
Skatepark is open again so I now go there along with the grocery and liquor stores along with endless neighborhood hikes. Stores are starting to open up for curbside sales (San Francisco)  but I don’t want to buy anything but essentials.

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1172 on: May 19, 2020, 03:45:50 AM »
Accidentally put an N95 through the laundry but it looked super clean now. What yall think? Good for another week of work?

Krile

• Rep: -91
  • I train moogles
« Reply #1173 on: May 19, 2020, 03:57:26 AM »
A ton of stuff opens in Ontario today so I'm half expecting a huge spike in cases and half expecting nothing to happen guess time will tell.

I personally won't be going anywhere yet, maybe to check out the skatepark but it's generally dead as fuck regardless of pandemics.
I'm normally against vibing and the like but Idk anymore with these perved out anime kids. Now I think we need to go back to robbing kids boards at gunpoint if they show up to the spot. Wheres young Stevi

Cuban_Lynx

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1432
  • I got the internet goin' nuts
« Reply #1174 on: May 19, 2020, 06:21:17 AM »
Expand Quote
I keep posting in this but my town is doing so abysmally bad. On that list the White House has of increasing cases we're #3 by county. We're the only city in the county. The city still decided to reopen the bars and restaurants.

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/6888586-TaskForceDocs.html#document/p2
[close]

wisconsin is showing increases because they're filing backlogged tests as current (see: "lying"). they won't be able to keep it up and infection rates will fall in line with the decline seen everywhere else.

your town is fine
I'm heading to Madison this weekend to take care of my deceased uncle's house. I've heard cases are pretty low there, but bars have been packed elsewhere in the state. When people are drunk, they'll definitely let their guard down. I would not trust a pint glass these days.

In Chicago things are still really quiet by me, but when there's nice weather, the parks are packed and 50% of people aren't wearing masks. It really irks me how many people are jogging down busy streets without masks on. I personally know 6 people who have died from this already. 

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #1175 on: May 19, 2020, 06:35:44 AM »
we have had massive drops in new infections. like where my parents live is basically corona free. in my city it went down from a couple thousand to a few hundred as of now. lots of measures still in place, mandatory masks at stores, distance rules, all that still applies. cafes and restaurants and bars have opened up again, but can't serve as many guests as before. there's still no work for me to do at my job. i might have to look for another come next month since i can't live like this much longer. i also don't want to liquidate the little savings i have rn just because of corona.

Buck Russell

• Rep: -318
  • Bug or gnat?
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #1176 on: May 19, 2020, 04:09:37 PM »
NJ also just admitted that they've been puffing up their numbers. "official" count from long term care facilities just dropped from 5,400 to 4,300:

https://twitter.com/Bogs4NY/status/1262793797303484423

this is consistent with the ~20% revision from colorado last week

this has been happening everywhere the whole time but you all bought the fear so long that nobody cares anymore

also this is still dying out on a seasonal curve just like it always was
« Last Edit: May 19, 2020, 04:13:50 PM by Buck Russell »

Buck Russell

• Bug or gnat?
« Reply #1177 on: May 23, 2020, 03:30:20 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Good ol' Governor Gavin Newsom in CA is talking about huge cuts to the state budget, effecting mostly school and social services. My partner just found out the state sponsored agency she works for might have all of it's funding cut by July 1. I know we're not special or unique in this regard, but Goddamnit.
[close]

Newsom just slashed our agency 10% starting July. We're already operating at a 20% deficit from the last recession. Comparing to the great recession where we started with a 5% cut and ended up cutting 1/3rd of the workforce (with most of the remaining demoted one step), I can already see that we are severely fucked. I can see why he's opening up again while the death rate is still increasing.
[close]

It's rough. Truthfully, we're thinking about pulling up and moving out when and if the time comes. My hope was to get a county job for a few years after grad school to get licensed, but I doubt that's going to happen anytime soon, especially considering we live in one of the 5 poorest counties in the state. I think it's top 3 in ACEs scores as well. Damn. good god damn
[close]
yeah california might be a wrap. newsome really should end up doing serious prison time after all this. human rights violations bordering on war crimes
[close]

Is this hyperbole?
[close]

a bit.

california will be fine eventually but newsom is pretty evidently guilty of human rights crimes. cuomo should for sure end up in prison but we'll see if anyone actually sacks up and goes after them the way they should.
[close]

No disrespect but you sound like a fucking dolt.

in illinois as well as LA county in California (and likely many other places), officials are now blocking access to information guaranteed to the public under the FOIA: https://twitter.com/dmihalopoulos/status/1264312366440878081?s=21

again, there is a criminal manipulation of facts in play all over

EDIT*

furthermore more states are now admitting to and corerctly revising that they were reporting positive antibody tests with positive active case tests which was a way to artificially inflate and prop up the numbers: https://twitter.com/COVID19Tracking/status/1264318229280780288

pos antibody is good means recovery and immunity and is essentially the opposite of active case numbers. lumping them together is criminally negligent
« Last Edit: May 23, 2020, 05:22:33 PM by Buck Russell »

skateboardstickerz

• Rep: -1
  • Providing the best stickers to customize your deck
    • www.skateboardstickerz.com avatar image
« Reply #1178 on: May 23, 2020, 08:05:22 PM »
Im in Winnipeg, MB Canada, were rolling into phase 2 of reopening our city
Feel like your deck needs some customization? Order some stickers at www.skateboardstickerz.com

fakie nollie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1076
« Reply #1179 on: May 24, 2020, 09:54:59 PM »
Beaches were packed to the brim today near me. Ventura county, Malibu, completely packed with cars. One of my favorite hiking spots opened up though so I’m stoked on that.

Buck Russell

• Bug or gnat?
« Reply #1180 on: May 25, 2020, 12:31:17 AM »
Beaches were packed to the brim today near me. Ventura county, Malibu, completely packed with cars. One of my favorite hiking spots opened up though so I’m stoked on that.
all great news i'm happy to hear about your hiking spots. keep going outside it's over.

able

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 636
  • omm nom
    • able Skate Mag avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1181 on: May 25, 2020, 08:07:12 PM »
Local Florida blood donation center is giving free antibody tests to everyone who donates. Guess who’s got an appointment to donate blood this Saturday? 😎

Will report back later. I’m pretty sure I had that Covid in March.
ableSkateMag.com

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -717
« Reply #1182 on: May 26, 2020, 04:56:30 AM »
Gay Sweden here:

The rest of Gay Europe does not like us.

Shiek

• Rep: -68
« Reply #1183 on: May 26, 2020, 06:06:26 AM »
Ontario really showing it's lack of leadership lately our Premiere is a bumbling moron and the provincial government and federal government seem to be looking to each to take action/be held accountable for blame.

I can't even watch the Prime Ministers daily addresses because of the annoying fucking french with translator speaking over it. Fuck a bilingual country it's high time we gas the Quebecers imo

I'm far enough from Toronto that their news doesn't really affect me but it seems like they are having problems with people overcrowding parks and generally ignoring the physical distancing guidelines.

Kinda surprised they aren't giving people spending money to keep them inside. I never applied for CERB because I'm already on welfare but some extra money would be super helpful around now. We Canadians didn't get any sort of stimulus check.

Tracerstracer

• Rep: -38
« Reply #1184 on: May 26, 2020, 06:49:05 AM »

fakie nollie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1076
« Reply #1185 on: May 26, 2020, 09:55:06 AM »
Gay Sweden here:

The rest of Gay Europe does not like us.

You're in Sweden? I just got off a call with a swedish coworker who said the same thing, verbatim. Hilarious

WeirdBeach

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 14
« Reply #1186 on: May 26, 2020, 05:31:14 PM »
(los angeles)finally got the results from the test i took two weeks ago. i did in fact test positive for COVID-19. i've been relatively asymptomatic save for the minor breathing issues i've had ( the reason i sought out a test in the first place). this basically puts me at about 3-4 weeks in. doc said im pretty much in the clear (monitor your breathing, drink fluids, rest etc.) good thing i was a sane member of society and stayed inside except for a few market and bank trips where i was always masked up and very cautious about social distance.

Buck Russell

• Bug or gnat?
« Reply #1187 on: May 26, 2020, 07:22:45 PM »
(los angeles)finally got the results from the test i took two weeks ago. i did in fact test positive for COVID-19. i've been relatively asymptomatic save for the minor breathing issues i've had ( the reason i sought out a test in the first place). this basically puts me at about 3-4 weeks in. doc said im pretty much in the clear (monitor your breathing, drink fluids, rest etc.) good thing i was a sane member of society and stayed inside except for a few market and bank trips where i was always masked up and very cautious about social distance.

here more evidence that backlogged tests are being reported now. if the person getting the test doesn't even know for two weeks, how current can the numbers they're publishing be?

still positive testing rates are the lowest theyve been since they strted.

ice nine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -308
« Reply #1188 on: May 26, 2020, 08:13:04 PM »
100,000 dead in  usa today
I;m sure i;m not the only dc/monster/subaru type guy here

WeirdBeach

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1189 on: May 26, 2020, 08:28:21 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

here more evidence that backlogged tests are being reported now. if the person getting the test doesn't even know for two weeks, how current can the numbers they're publishing be?

still positive testing rates are the lowest theyve been since they strted.
to be fair i SHOULD have had my results 7 days after testing. Altamed claimed they've been trying to call. the number might have been filtered by a spam/telemarketer filter however.

WeirdBeach

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1190 on: May 26, 2020, 08:30:05 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

yeah you should probably move out of california

Buck Russell

• Bug or gnat?
« Reply #1191 on: May 26, 2020, 09:05:29 PM »
this means absolutely nothing.

7500 people die every day in usa

100 people a die a day from flu/pneumonia symptoms even in the middle of summer

WeirdBeach

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1192 on: May 26, 2020, 09:58:01 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

lol shut up dude.

alexicc

• Rep: 0
« Reply #1193 on: May 27, 2020, 06:08:15 AM »
Here in Montenegro government claims that the country is free of coronavirus but the restrictions still on. Some borders will be opened next month and things will back to normal they say but I still can't trust it, better to stay at home for a little longer. I have a feeling like they just don't want the quarantine regulations to become an obstacle for the Montenegrin citizenship program which draws the rich people in the country and creates a huge income channel.

Tracerstracer

« Reply #1194 on: May 27, 2020, 08:24:37 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
lol shut up dude.
ikr. seriously the dumbest opinion historically on slap have come from you. but yeah keep hoaxing it up dumbshit cuz now we gon listen to you

Buck Russell

• Bug or gnat?
« Reply #1195 on: May 27, 2020, 09:16:42 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
lol shut up dude.
[close]
ikr. seriously the dumbest opinion historically on slap have come from you. but yeah keep hoaxing it up dumbshit cuz now we gon listen to you

zero opinion, just real facts without the hype and scare spin tactics

Tracerstracer

« Reply #1196 on: May 27, 2020, 09:40:13 AM »
gotta laugh at dorks that are like "dude I'm woke" but in reality are just dreaming. dream on dreamer

Buck Russell

• Bug or gnat?
« Reply #1197 on: May 27, 2020, 12:56:28 PM »
gotta laugh at dorks that are like "dude I'm woke" but in reality are just dreaming. dream on dreamer
if you're referring to people who are clinging to false naratives about this being some kind of plague that they're saving themselves and everyone else from by wearing a mask and STAY INSIDE THE HOUSE

then i fully agrree.. it's hilarious.

KoRnholio8

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1512
  • SkateMagArchive
    • SkateMagArchive avatar image
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1198 on: May 27, 2020, 02:19:29 PM »
Here in Montenegro government claims that the country is free of coronavirus but the restrictions still on. Some borders will be opened next month and things will back to normal they say but I still can't trust it, better to stay at home for a little longer. I have a feeling like they just don't want the quarantine regulations to become an obstacle for the Montenegrin citizenship program which draws the rich people in the country and creates a huge income channel.

Pozdrav brate iz Slovenije.

Slovenia has seen 4 days with no cases and 2 new cases today. Reopening is very gradual, but people are letting their guards down very fast at every opportunity. 3/4 of our fatalities occurred in retirement homes and just a few of them at that. I hate working from home, my productivity is at 5%. And I don't have an excuse to commute via bicycle, which is the best part of my working life.

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1484
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #1199 on: May 27, 2020, 03:09:25 PM »
81 new cases in the northeast health district that includes my county just today. I guess opening up was a great idea./sarcasm
« Last Edit: May 27, 2020, 03:13:02 PM by layzieyez »