Author Topic: Last Resort AB - The Thread.  (Read 186805 times)

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 146
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
Re: Last Resort AB - The Thread.
« Reply #660 on: March 22, 2022, 07:32:48 PM »
Atlas got VM003 in stock but lists it as having a leather sockliner and insole. The Instagram posts from Last Resort said that they're vegan. Does anyone know what's up with them or should I go to the vegan shoe thread?
Defs vegan lining and insole even on the suede models!

I run mine with Lakai vulc insoles and they feel dreamy

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

bigdave

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 180
« Reply #661 on: March 23, 2022, 04:45:41 AM »
I get that the reasoning is probably demand, but damnit I wish the vegan lineup had both the Dusty Blue and the Sage colors. ughhh they're so good and I am so tempted to buy suede now :(
ok thanks

thanksgiving

• Rep: 214
« Reply #662 on: March 24, 2022, 12:24:26 AM »
has the latest drop hit canada yet? love the sage and the red ones

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 858
« Reply #663 on: March 24, 2022, 12:33:50 AM »
I get that the reasoning is probably demand, but damnit I wish the vegan lineup had both the Dusty Blue and the Sage colors. ughhh they're so good and I am so tempted to buy suede now :(
If you don't buy them then the cow died for nothing. Plus unused shoes get thrown in the ocean and choke dolphins.

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 836
« Reply #664 on: March 24, 2022, 01:37:33 AM »
I think I want a pair of the dusty blues. What size should someone who likes an 11 in numerics get? I have plenty of insoles to swap and a shoe stretcher so I'd rather err on the small side if it's a toss up.

bigdave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 180
« Reply #665 on: March 24, 2022, 05:19:11 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
If you don't buy them then the cow died for nothing. Plus unused shoes get thrown in the ocean and choke dolphins.

bwahhaha would gnar if I could.
ok thanks

guppy

• Rep: 0
« Reply #666 on: March 24, 2022, 07:41:36 AM »
Expand Quote
what are the pro's of the canvas? always thought suede would just be a stronger material
[close]

Tbh, I prefer the suede and probably won't buy another canvas pair (at least in the VM001). The suede is way more durable and the fit is better for my feet. The Canvas are nice but they look really similar to Converse and rip pretty quickly.

I'm still considering the VM003s but waiting for more people to get their hands on them

Ive been just wearing suede, saw canvas was cheaper and usually more available but its not worth it if they just explode

guppy

• Rep: 0
« Reply #667 on: March 24, 2022, 07:49:24 AM »
I would think canvas breathes better. Currently skating the 001s and holy shit my feet get sweaty on them. Never had problem with any other shoe but these ones get so fucking hot.

They skate good tho

Ive only wore suede and never really sweat too much, at least not noticeable. maybe its the paneling/ lack of vents compared to other shoes

theloniousmonk

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #668 on: March 24, 2022, 08:53:06 AM »
I think I want a pair of the dusty blues. What size should someone who likes an 11 in numerics get? I have plenty of insoles to swap and a shoe stretcher so I'd rather err on the small side if it's a toss up.
I wear an 11 in nb#440 and an 11 in the canvas vm001. I’ve read that the suede fits different, and it’s good to size down, so I’d get a 10.5 if I wanted to get the suede

BartHarleyJarvis

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1156
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #669 on: March 24, 2022, 09:19:39 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
what are the pro's of the canvas? always thought suede would just be a stronger material
[close]

Tbh, I prefer the suede and probably won't buy another canvas pair (at least in the VM001). The suede is way more durable and the fit is better for my feet. The Canvas are nice but they look really similar to Converse and rip pretty quickly.

I'm still considering the VM003s but waiting for more people to get their hands on them
[close]

Ive been just wearing suede, saw canvas was cheaper and usually more available but its not worth it if they just explode

Just to update, still rocking the VM001 Canvas His, the canvas in the toe/ollie area is rubber backed so it has been holding up fairly well. I have had to shoe goo around the ollie hole but it's not terrible. However, already developing another hole on the ankle where I heelflip. Interested to see how the wear keeps developing.

As other people have said, Suede runs slightly big so half size down is usually right. Canvas is TTS.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #670 on: March 24, 2022, 02:44:02 PM »
Canvas also doesn’t bag out like suede does which is either a good thing or a bad thing depending on how you like your shoes to feel

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 836
« Reply #671 on: March 25, 2022, 10:46:41 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Just to update, still rocking the VM001 Canvas His, the canvas in the toe/ollie area is rubber backed so it has been holding up fairly well. I have had to shoe goo around the ollie hole but it's not terrible. However, already developing another hole on the ankle where I heelflip. Interested to see how the wear keeps developing.

Expand Quote
[close]

As other people have said, Suede runs slightly big so half size down is usually right. Canvas is TTS.

Word thanks guys. I thought there was something like that but couldn't remember exactly which way it leaned. One of my locals had a pair of 10.5 in stock so I'm going to try and run over to try them on/buy when I get off work tomorrow.

diplodocus

• Rep: 159
  • long neck
« Reply #672 on: March 26, 2022, 04:20:45 PM »
The flick on the VM-001s is insane. Low and hightops. my kickflips have never been more on point. Love how the stitching doesn't tear as fast too.

goingapelikenigo

• Rep: 89
  • please don't be a hero
« Reply #673 on: March 30, 2022, 08:30:59 AM »

new insole!

Knee Pain

• Rep: 42
« Reply #674 on: March 30, 2022, 08:45:29 AM »

new insole!

Now we’re talking.

Just swapped out my stock for some popcush yesterday, as they feel even worse after skating them for a few months.

goingapelikenigo

• Rep: 89
  • please don't be a hero
« Reply #675 on: March 30, 2022, 09:30:02 AM »
understand your username if you skated those insoles for MONTHS.  :o honestly couldn’t stay on them for a week because my knees started hurting.

Argyle

• Rep: 40
« Reply #676 on: March 30, 2022, 11:52:27 AM »

new insole!

Would love these to be similar to the cons cx insole. They've made my 002s much comfier!

l1ll1ll1

• Rep: 56
« Reply #677 on: April 02, 2022, 06:29:32 AM »
Really want to like them. Got the VM001 low in leather. Looked sick. Wore them for one week, skated around in them every day and had two 1,5h sessions in them. Now they feel like used condoms, are basically blown out, don't feel safe or like a shoe anymore at all. I mean f*** Nike, but at least Blazers or Bruins will give you at least 4 weeks of skating.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2022, 09:20:19 AM by l1ll1ll1 »

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 802
« Reply #678 on: April 02, 2022, 06:38:15 AM »
I must be the only one who doesn’t have a problem with the insoles
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

mattchew

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 364
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #679 on: April 02, 2022, 06:52:28 AM »
I must be the only one who doesn’t have a problem with the insoles

They work fine for me!
P R E P A R E  T O  T I M E C O D E

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1308
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #680 on: April 05, 2022, 02:31:20 PM »
https://www.highsnobiety.com/p/last-resort-ab-interview/
"Down the line, I want to release pro shoes but right no we’re now working on the CM001 which is the cupsole model."

prayers are being answered with this sentence.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #681 on: April 05, 2022, 07:49:56 PM »
"Down the line, I want to release pro shoes but right no we’re now working on the CM001 which is the cupsole model."

!!!

TheLowerBack

• Rep: 171
  • GTU/FWD
« Reply #682 on: April 05, 2022, 09:10:15 PM »

This is the only reason I check this thread. Can’t wait to see what they look like.

Tristxn

• Rep: 11
« Reply #683 on: April 05, 2022, 09:29:28 PM »
Been wanting to try Last Resorts, but I'll gladly wait for the cupsole model/new insoles to drop. Can't wait to see what the CM001 looks like!

Expand Quote

[close]
This is the only reason I check this thread. Can’t wait to see what they look like.

diplodocus

• Rep: 159
  • long neck
« Reply #684 on: April 06, 2022, 01:39:37 AM »

great read. love pontus

FacetSquared

• Rep: 7
« Reply #685 on: April 06, 2022, 07:12:21 AM »
The soles aren’t only good at preventing pebbles from getting stuck, as Pontus noted in this recent interview when explaining the soles (super cool to read, by the way, that the development of the soles were so geographically-specific)  - they’re great for stepping in dog shit. Best shoes I’ve ever stepped in dog shit with - so easy to clean! Like, the jawn I stepped in was a mountain, and it was so easy to clean. A+

Reached out to Jenkem to add Last Resort AB to their dog shit shoe stepping review, if they were to ever do another one, but they didn’t even read my message!

Anyway, these shoes are great for skating and I have had six pairs - three I’ve skated, and the other three I use for when I teach. I’ve skated two canvas and one suede, and both rule.

Dopest fucking shoes.

FacetSquared

• Rep: 7
« Reply #686 on: April 06, 2022, 07:46:51 AM »
In all seriousness, though, these are the best shoes I’ve ever skated. The flick is unmatched, the grip is great, I’ve made my canvas shoes last months and I flip my board a lot/skate well throughout the week, the suede is wonderfully durable, and they are fly as fuck. Teaching teenagers in Philly is a good way to find out what’s wack and what’s not, and students are def into them. People in general are always curious about these shoes.

Argyle

• Rep: 40
« Reply #687 on: April 06, 2022, 08:10:25 AM »
The soles aren’t only good at preventing pebbles from getting stuck, as Pontus noted in this recent interview when explaining the soles (super cool to read, by the way, that the development of the soles were so geographically-specific)  - they’re great for stepping in dog shit. Best shoes I’ve ever stepped in dog shit with - so easy to clean! Like, the jawn I stepped in was a mountain, and it was so easy to clean. A+

Reached out to Jenkem to add Last Resort AB to their dog shit shoe stepping review, if they were to ever do another one, but they didn’t even read my message!

Anyway, these shoes are great for skating and I have had six pairs - three I’ve skated, and the other three I use for when I teach. I’ve skated two canvas and one suede, and both rule.

Dopest fucking shoes.

Could not agree more on the dog shit pedigree of these shoes. Unmatched!

beatifk

• Rep: 162
« Reply #688 on: April 06, 2022, 08:11:57 AM »
On the complete opposite end of the spectrum from Philly teens, the little old ladies who work in the factory with me thought mine were very cute and they wanted to know where they could buy them.

I personally can't wait for the VM003 Hi (the local shop leaked a photo of them in brown and they look dope), and I'm very curious to see the cupsole, even if I've always preferred vulc shoes for skating since my first pair of Half Cabs at 10 years old.

cky enthusiast

« Reply #689 on: April 06, 2022, 04:30:50 PM »
In all seriousness, though, these are the best shoes I’ve ever skated. The flick is unmatched, the grip is great, I’ve made my canvas shoes last months and I flip my board a lot/skate well throughout the week, the suede is wonderfully durable, and they are fly as fuck. Teaching teenagers in Philly is a good way to find out what’s wack and what’s not, and students are def into them. People in general are always curious about these shoes.

do u teach at frankford high