Author Topic: Skate Shit you've Bought Recently  (Read 986773 times)

Pastasash

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 76
Re: Skate Shit you've Bought Recently
« Reply #8220 on: January 23, 2023, 09:53:44 AM »
Merrell x Dime Moab 2 (Purp Joints)
Cons Fastbreak Pro (Sage)
8.5 Hockey (Krod)

https://imgur.com/a/EOs76q4

Just bought the Merrell Dime jawns too in that "Birch" colorway, can't wait to get them in, how do they feel? Never had a pair before but heard good things.

Urtripping

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 524
« Reply #8221 on: January 23, 2023, 03:19:16 PM »
Checkerboard vans skate authentic, so stoked for those. They're canvas but I love the way my canvas chuck 70s skate with a lil shoe goo. Thinking I might even goo in an extra duracap or suede layer on the inside of the shoe.
I saw your mommy and your mommy's dead

DERBY

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 267
« Reply #8222 on: January 23, 2023, 04:05:22 PM »
Expand Quote
Merrell x Dime Moab 2 (Purp Joints)
Cons Fastbreak Pro (Sage)
8.5 Hockey (Krod)

https://imgur.com/a/EOs76q4

[close]

Just bought the Merrell Dime jawns too in that "Birch" colorway, can't wait to get them in, how do they feel? Never had a pair before but heard good things.

they’re solid and are pretty comfy. i sized up half since they don’t offer my size. they do fit abit snug interms of width

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 650
« Reply #8223 on: January 25, 2023, 03:07:12 PM »

A small haul of stuff I got recently that I'm super stoked on. The 1010s were a birthday gift from my partner, the Sci Fi hat was $14 shipped from the Mr. Porter sale, and the enjoi deck was $25 shipped from Thank You Supply. I paid full price for the pink Punkandyo hat and I liked it so much that I copped the black one when they were giving out $20 off coupons on instagram lol

jsettle

• Rep: 134
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #8224 on: January 25, 2023, 04:05:14 PM »
Just got this ride on slappy flatbar from Just Rails...he doesnt have a website but takes orders through instagram. His prices are wayyyyy cheaper than blunt steel if you have ever been interested in buying one of those. He also does regular sized flatbars as well. He makes them to order so you pick your color you want too. Definitely worth hitting up if you have been wanting a rail for a fair price.
https://instagram.com/just_rails?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

switchfakie

« Reply #8225 on: January 25, 2023, 06:36:15 PM »
Just got this ride on slappy flatbar from Just Rails...he doesnt have a website but takes orders through instagram. His prices are wayyyyy cheaper than blunt steel if you have ever been interested in buying one of those. He also does regular sized flatbars as well. He makes them to order so you pick your color you want too. Definitely worth hitting up if you have been wanting a rail for a fair price.

sincere question man, what do you even do with this thing. ive seen them at parks, but they're nothing compared to a curb imo & feel nothing like a flatbar

jsettle

• Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #8226 on: January 25, 2023, 06:44:26 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

sincere question man, what do you even do with this thing. ive seen them at parks, but they're nothing compared to a curb imo & feel nothing like a flatbar

Ive actually never skated one lol. But i feel like different ride on grind variations would be pretty fun to mess around with out front of the house. I skate curbs all the time and am not expecting this to be anything like a curb but more for some quick fun out front with the kids. Its definitely not for everyone...especially young dudes who still have pop haha

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 706
« Reply #8227 on: January 26, 2023, 03:52:52 AM »
My Quantum Fusions just arrived.  8)
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

Scottboarding

• Rep: 82
« Reply #8228 on: January 27, 2023, 01:09:01 PM »
Ace Hollow Hardware because I love gimmicks.

Acid Drop

• Rep: -61
  • Everyone sucks but me
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #8229 on: January 27, 2023, 05:06:43 PM »
Got'em! ;D

What-ah? Ah-how-wha? huh? You're confused, you're alone, it's Saturday night, you have no pants on

Pasta Monster

« Reply #8230 on: January 27, 2023, 05:19:45 PM »
How are they? I’ve been on the fence for a couple months but am satisfied with the Isotopes.

Fastbreaks, Tyshawns, Thunder risers/bolts/100-duro bushings, Dickies socks

Seasons delivered faster than Prime.

LebowskisRug

« Reply #8231 on: January 27, 2023, 06:16:07 PM »
I've got Fusions and they're indistinguishable from my Atoms. The Quantum guys said the difference should contribute to longevity and given how good my Atoms have been they'll probably last until I can't skate anymore. Fast and I never have to do shit to them.

Frank and Fred

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 815
« Reply #8232 on: January 27, 2023, 08:20:29 PM »
I've got Fusions and they're indistinguishable from my Atoms. The Quantum guys said the difference should contribute to longevity and given how good my Atoms have been they'll probably last until I can't skate anymore. Fast and I never have to do shit to them.

Isotope talk only, please.

poodude

• Rep: 22
« Reply #8233 on: January 27, 2023, 10:17:41 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I've got a blunt steel rail I've been skating in my basement for the last several months. I use it as a way to learn new tricks and just do fun stuff on. It gets you comfortable with cross locking and I learned crooks and feebles on it. Its 4" off the ground, so you can really do any trick with very low risk of hurting yourself. Removing that fear factor makes it much easier to learn things I think.

Once I get more confident, I just throw it on a pair of cement blocks and I have myself a regular rail to skate. You can also use it like a pole jam, do up/down grinds off of things, throw it on a curb, etc.

Jebediah

• Rep: 115
« Reply #8234 on: January 28, 2023, 10:15:13 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I have some isotopes on the way after skating nothing but reds for a long time. I'm excited to see how they do.

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 706
« Reply #8235 on: January 28, 2023, 10:58:14 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
How are they? I’ve been on the fence for a couple months but am satisfied with the Isotopes.

I only had one session. They are smooth but not faster than my Bones Six Balls. I guess they take some time to break in.
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

Dolphinpony

• Rep: -8
  • i do not agree for slap magazine to selll my info
« Reply #8236 on: January 28, 2023, 11:10:39 AM »
I got these for 23.99 or something delivered.
Lightly used.
Idk I feel excited to skate them and feel like I got a steal. (Won a starting bid 10.99)

i do not agree for slap magazine to sell my person information to facebook or mark zuccerberg this is legally binding

LebowskisRug

« Reply #8237 on: January 28, 2023, 01:15:50 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I only had one session. They are smooth but not faster than my Bones Six Balls. I guess they take some time to break in.

They do take some time, but absolute speed is not the reason to choose the Fusions over another bearing it's the durability of the coating. They should outlast several pairs of Bones Six

switchfakie

« Reply #8238 on: January 28, 2023, 02:51:38 PM »
simple slip on shoes

i bought half a size down, but theyre still a bit wide

if you like a snug slip on, buy a full size down

Frank and Fred

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 815
« Reply #8239 on: January 28, 2023, 09:27:46 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I have some isotopes on the way after skating nothing but reds for a long time. I'm excited to see how they do.

great bearings. super durable. I have had a set on the go for well over a year with no cleaning... just added a bit of lube here and here...

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 546
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #8240 on: January 28, 2023, 11:05:42 PM »
Because I’m lazy, 5 x sheets of Jessup for $20

FUBAR

• Rep: 238
« Reply #8241 on: January 29, 2023, 07:24:47 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

I've got a blunt steel rail I've been skating in my basement for the last several months. I use it as a way to learn new tricks and just do fun stuff on. It gets you comfortable with cross locking and I learned crooks and feebles on it. Its 4" off the ground, so you can really do any trick with very low risk of hurting yourself. Removing that fear factor makes it much easier to learn things I think.

Once I get more confident, I just throw it on a pair of cement blocks and I have myself a regular rail to skate. You can also use it like a pole jam, do up/down grinds off of things, throw it on a curb, etc.
Seriously considering a rail like this for all the reasons mentioned above.

Quantum_Bearing_Science

• Rep: 90
    • Quantum Bearings avatar image
« Reply #8242 on: January 29, 2023, 07:56:30 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Thanks, all of you!  From the heart.

Re: the Fusions, they do have a small break in period.  And the hard coating is something that’s never been applied to bearings (like all the other tech we’re using), so the sound is something that you’re going to notice.  Mine sound like a small jet engine coming in for a landing.
http://www.quantumbearing.science/

Instagram
@quantumbearings

bbk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 278
  • Dopeness
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #8243 on: January 30, 2023, 06:34:47 AM »

I was sceptical as well, but apperently you can do a lot!

Scottboarding

« Reply #8244 on: January 30, 2023, 10:37:28 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]
I gave up fighting the temptation and just bought one from Just Rails for the same reason. Said it’ll be in the mail on Friday and I’m stoked.

jsettle

« Reply #8245 on: January 30, 2023, 01:29:56 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]
I gave up fighting the temptation and just bought one from Just Rails for the same reason. Said it’ll be in the mail on Friday and I’m stoked.

Hell ya! Mine shows up tomorrow but we have some shitty weather so probably wont get skated till the wknd. The jult rails dude is awesome and easy to order from. What color did you do for yours?

FUBAR

• Rep: 238
« Reply #8246 on: January 30, 2023, 03:56:31 PM »
I was looking at the square one they make that is low. Let us know how you guys like yours!!

Scottboarding

« Reply #8247 on: January 30, 2023, 09:51:38 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]
[close]

Hell ya! Mine shows up tomorrow but we have some shitty weather so probably wont get skated till the wknd. The jult rails dude is awesome and easy to order from. What color did you do for yours?
I went with green. No real reason behind it, just thought it would look cool. What color do you go with? Bummer about the weather in your area. I’m fortunate to live in AZ where we have mostly sunny days regardless of time of year.
I was looking at the square one they make that is low. Let us know how you guys like yours!!
I’ll come back to this thread once it comes and I get a chance to skate it and give a mini review.

jsettle

« Reply #8248 on: January 31, 2023, 04:05:58 AM »
Nice! I went with green also. The picture in this thread is the one he did for me. He sent me that picture of it right after he finished it up. I thought green would just look cool. Ill definately share how it skates later this weekend and hopefully get a couple decent clips on it as well

Pastasash

• Rep: 76
« Reply #8249 on: January 31, 2023, 08:45:32 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]
[close]

[close]
I went with green. No real reason behind it, just thought it would look cool. What color do you go with? Bummer about the weather in your area. I’m fortunate to live in AZ where we have mostly sunny days regardless of time of year.
Expand Quote
[close]
I’ll come back to this thread once it comes and I get a chance to skate it and give a mini review.

Just curious, how much did you guys pay for a little rail like that if you don't mind me asking? It's constantly snowing up where Im at and looking for something easy to lug around at the plowed parking lots around here lol