Author Topic: Things You Pondered Today  (Read 584735 times)

pugmaster

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1627
  • Overweight and Underprepared
Re: Things You Pondered Today
« Reply #5910 on: February 01, 2023, 07:33:02 PM »
There is nothing more emasculating than opening up a tube of pre made biscuits.
"...We got the nuclear worm over here..."

Never forget:
Rusty_Berrings, 360 frip, Yapple Dapple, Bubblegum Tate

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1150
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #5911 on: February 02, 2023, 06:08:35 PM »
Does anyone one else besides me forget how muscley horses are until you stand next to one?
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

RCB3

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 428
« Reply #5912 on: February 06, 2023, 09:04:15 AM »
There is nothing more emasculating than opening up a tube of pre made biscuits.

Because of the anticipation of the foreboding terror that comes with the "pop!" that happens when it opens?

Irvine-Sucks.com

RCB3

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 428
« Reply #5913 on: February 06, 2023, 09:05:46 AM »
I feel like Sk8Mafia was ahead of its time with Sk8Mafia Saturdays. I used to love looking forward to those series. Why don't teams put out a weekly video like that where it's mainly throwaway footage, but still fun to watch? Seems like a good way to get people stoked on your team.

Irvine-Sucks.com

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 860
« Reply #5914 on: February 08, 2023, 01:12:10 AM »
The future will be like the walking dead but with hoards of millions of giant pigs. There will be nowhere to hide and only those who can get onto ships and make it to the ocean will survive (at least until the inevitable ocean wars)

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 953
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #5915 on: February 09, 2023, 04:22:32 PM »
Incoming machine gun posts due to glitch in the matrix
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

matt_2993

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 227
« Reply #5916 on: February 09, 2023, 10:11:44 PM »
This weekend is shaping up to be way too good and far beyond anything I deserve. I have a feeling horrible realities will be faced. Will report back

SneakySecrets

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5917 on: February 13, 2023, 02:55:48 PM »
It’s so awesome how all the sudden there are UFOs all over the place.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

Sizzle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -424
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #5918 on: February 13, 2023, 04:31:47 PM »
You don’t know suffering until you’ve drunk vomited in a megabus bathroom

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5919 on: February 14, 2023, 11:56:35 PM »
What if old religions didn't want people to eat pigs because thousands of years ago they won the human hog war and didn't want them coming back.
Also how much cooler it would be if instead of creating cows and pigs to farm they had birds. Maybe we'd ride ostriches to work and instead of leather we'd wear all feather clothes. maybe eat big moa eggs instead of meat

Sizzle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -424
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #5920 on: February 16, 2023, 09:38:13 AM »
Mikey Taylor gives financial advice like it’s a mid 2000s trick tip video

1. Set your feet up in a way that feels comfortable to you
2. Pop
3. Find someone willing to lend you hundreds of thousands of dollars with a low interest rate
4. Land it bolts and ride away clean

doublesteveburger

« Reply #5921 on: February 17, 2023, 11:26:07 AM »
Mikey Taylor gives financial advice like it’s a mid 2000s trick tip video

1. Set your feet up in a way that feels comfortable to you
2. Pop
3. Find someone willing to lend you hundreds of thousands of dollars with a low interest rate
4. Land it bolts and ride away clean

true, and instead of rails it's poor people

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1029
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #5922 on: February 17, 2023, 12:14:04 PM »
I pondered today if I had a pet raccoon if I could take him out on matching jetpacks. jetpacks are awesome and so are raccoons

SneakySecrets

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5923 on: February 17, 2023, 03:06:07 PM »
I pondered today if I had a pet raccoon if I could take him out on matching jetpacks. jetpacks are awesome and so are raccoons

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1029
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #5924 on: February 17, 2023, 03:48:45 PM »
^ it’s all part of my pet raccoon fantasy

SneakySecrets

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5925 on: February 19, 2023, 04:40:01 PM »
Could you survive eating nothing but DNA?

Maybe it’ll be like the new caviar.

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 166
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #5926 on: February 26, 2023, 11:30:55 AM »
Could you survive eating nothing but DNA?

Maybe it’ll be like the new caviar.

No, DNA needs protein to be useful.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

pugmaster

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1627
  • Overweight and Underprepared
« Reply #5927 on: February 26, 2023, 02:19:23 PM »
Do married couples do "gifts" for holidays that aren't actual tangible items? I'd be way more likely to get married if I knew I could convince my wife to dress and act like cornholio for my birthday, including but not limited to the entire duration of our outing to the Cheesecake Factory.
"...We got the nuclear worm over here..."

Never forget:
Rusty_Berrings, 360 frip, Yapple Dapple, Bubblegum Tate

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5928 on: February 27, 2023, 10:18:38 PM »
If you live somewhere where it snows can you just go skiing like how you'd go skating without snow?

Not being mean but how do people get to be like 400 pounds. Again not being mean but thinking of myself if I get like 20 pounds over I feel like I'm gonna have a heart attack all day

SneakySecrets

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5929 on: February 28, 2023, 04:42:02 PM »
It’s ironic to me that the vast majority of parents don’t let their small children watch graphic violence in movies and stuff when they’re the most violent out of all of us.  From what I’ve seen, a typical two year-old has no problem getting into a vicious fist fight over another kid trying to take their toy fire truck.

Pasta Monster

« Reply #5930 on: March 01, 2023, 06:19:51 AM »
Not being mean but how do people get to be like 400 pounds. Again not being mean but thinking of myself if I get like 20 pounds over I feel like I'm gonna have a heart attack all day
It starts off with an extra meal or dessert, which leads to an increase of calories consumed on a daily basis. The heavier you get, the more calories you have to consume to not feel light-headed and properly function. It’s just not possible to break the cycle to lose weight without making healthy substitutions AND exercise. Medications like most anti-psychotics are known to cause weight gain.
TLDR: need to consume more calories for energy, deficiency in exercise

I’ve been reading about schizophrenia in psychology journals, and I’m having a hard time understanding when a religious experience isn’t schizophrenic. It’s a religious experience if someone thinks that angels or demons are talking to them, but it’s schizophrenic for someone to think that a law enforcement agency is monitoring them?

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5931 on: March 01, 2023, 06:27:40 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
It starts off with an extra meal or dessert, which leads to an increase of calories consumed on a daily basis. The heavier you get, the more calories you have to consume to not feel light-headed and properly function. It’s just not possible to break the cycle to lose weight without making healthy substitutions AND exercise. Medications like most anti-psychotics are known to cause weight gain.
TLDR: need to consume more calories for energy, deficiency in exercise

I’ve been reading about schizophrenia in psychology journals, and I’m having a hard time understanding when a religious experience isn’t schizophrenic. It’s a religious experience if someone thinks that angels or demons are talking to them, but it’s schizophrenic for someone to think that a law enforcement agency is monitoring them?
That's the part i understand I saw it happen in real time with a neighbour who was a rugby player that blew out his knee then like tripled his weight. I should of said more how do they get that heavy and still function normally whereas I let myself go just a bit and can already feel my heart and lungs struggling. I think I'd actually die before I could put on another 100 pounds
As far as your ponderings it's well beyond me. Religious vs schizophrenic based on the observers beliefs maybe

Pasta Monster

« Reply #5932 on: March 01, 2023, 07:14:51 AM »
I don’t get it either. The heaviest I got was 235 lbs, which is nearly 100 more than I weighed at my lowest. Even going from 160-180, I was wheezing while walking upstairs. 235 was the point where I became serious about exercising because I was looking at XXL clothes and 42” pants. Some people are just built differently. Smoking one American Spirit makes my fingernails slightly yellow, and I get one or two cuts in my gums, whereas I have a friend who smokes at least one pack of Marlboro Reds per day without any issues.

Back to the weight gain…it was easier for me to function in the 180s because I was still exercising and had flexibility. When I became sedentary and stopped exercising, I gained even more weight, and started having chronic back pain. That plus looking at XXL clothes, made me more motivated. I started working out my core more often and started skating again. It probably comes down to how people are built and how aware they are of their own body. I have a friend who used to be 400 lbs, 6’ 5” without any issues. We’d go on hiking/camping trips and he never had issues climbing rocks or keeping up with the crew. If you have something you enjoy, like skateboarding, it’s harder to get severely out of shape because you want to maintain the consistency of whatever activity that may be.

Edit:
I also used to drink 3 bottles of alcoholic kombucha per day and had no issues. Someone I know got bad gastrointestinal issues after just one bottle.

TLDR: People are built differently and have different tolerances. How much I used to drink on the weekends could result in death for someone else.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2023, 09:19:49 AM by Pasta Monster »

tuesday

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 297
  • The mistery of shadows
« Reply #5933 on: March 01, 2023, 10:11:26 AM »
What happend to Sharktits/I sniff my butthole? Guy hasn't postet in years I guess, but still kinda wondering.

CrumblingInfrastructure

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 308
« Reply #5934 on: March 01, 2023, 02:50:55 PM »
What happend to Sharktits/I sniff my butthole? Guy hasn't postet in years I guess, but still kinda wondering.

Sharktits/ISMOB got banned in like… 2019?

fulltechnicalskizzy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1936
« Reply #5935 on: March 01, 2023, 03:12:09 PM »
pretty sure hes still around, makes new clever usernames and talks skateboarding for a few weeks til the jews inevitably come up. then hes gone again

SneakySecrets

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5936 on: March 01, 2023, 05:30:58 PM »
I don’t get it either. The heaviest I got was 235 lbs, which is nearly 100 more than I weighed at my lowest. Even going from 160-180, I was wheezing while walking upstairs. 235 was the point where I became serious about exercising because I was looking at XXL clothes and 42” pants. Some people are just built differently. Smoking one American Spirit makes my fingernails slightly yellow, and I get one or two cuts in my gums, whereas I have a friend who smokes at least one pack of Marlboro Reds per day without any issues.

Back to the weight gain…it was easier for me to function in the 180s because I was still exercising and had flexibility. When I became sedentary and stopped exercising, I gained even more weight, and started having chronic back pain. That plus looking at XXL clothes, made me more motivated. I started working out my core more often and started skating again. It probably comes down to how people are built and how aware they are of their own body. I have a friend who used to be 400 lbs, 6’ 5” without any issues. We’d go on hiking/camping trips and he never had issues climbing rocks or keeping up with the crew. If you have something you enjoy, like skateboarding, it’s harder to get severely out of shape because you want to maintain the consistency of whatever activity that may be.

Edit:
I also used to drink 3 bottles of alcoholic kombucha per day and had no issues. Someone I know got bad gastrointestinal issues after just one bottle.

TLDR: People are built differently and have different tolerances. How much I used to drink on the weekends could result in death for someone else.

I know no one asked, but my take on it is that as a species, we’ve spent like 95% of our time as hunter gatherers or simple farmers where everybody had to work their asses off outside.  So our bodies and brains are geared for that kind of life.

It really hasn’t been very long ago that we started to be able to live primarily indoors, sedentary lifestyles with easy access to an essentially limitless amount of calories.

That just seems like way too radical of a change in too short of a timespan, so it makes sense that our  bodies and minds go kinda haywire when they’re deprived of all the outdoor exercise that they were built for..

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5937 on: March 01, 2023, 06:14:13 PM »

Edit:

It's interesting but weirdly my non scientific in anyway theory also basically books down to just what people are used to. I was always super fit played sports did a ton of running and even worked outside doing laboring including a gnar job where I'd be doing 50km average everyday while also cutting down trees and carrying heavy shit. I feel like the problem for me is when it went bad I was just fucked whereas these people have had a whole life of never exercising that their bodies are just used to it.
 I do have huge tolerances for eating garbage tho like I could just endlessly drink soda and eat candy and never feel sick whereas some big friends I had would eat like half a pack of Haribo at the movies and be crying they have a tummy ache for the rest of the day

Acid Drop

• Rep: -61
  • Everyone sucks but me
« Reply #5938 on: March 02, 2023, 12:12:27 AM »
I ponder why I get some much hate for expressing myself fully online. I live happy within myself knowing that I am favoured and that my table is being set infront of my enemies.

I also pondered why I am so heavily watched that if I even go to pick up mail the police target me and sus me out.

Thanks for taking the time to follow my nonsense, may good things happen for you.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2023, 12:26:41 AM by Acid Drop »
What-ah? Ah-how-wha? huh? You're confused, you're alone, it's Saturday night, you have no pants on

devils acrobat

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: 142
« Reply #5939 on: March 02, 2023, 06:01:47 AM »
If the earth was flat indeed, would there be gravity that would keep us from falling off?

Fyi: I dm'd Kyrie like a man but he hasn't replied yet