Author Topic: Study shows skateboarding boosts happiness and wellbeing in middle aged people  (Read 4961 times)

cucktard

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 250
One of the great things about having sucked for years, is that there is still lots a of low-hanging fruit to learn in my late 40s.
Never did a k-grind in my life until 2 weeks ago, now trying slappy Ks shuvit out, which for me is enough novelty to make me smile
I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

v.2.0.0.1

• Rep: 0
50 years old. Still suck. Hurt and hit head too much but yep happiest I’ve been. Only care about getting whatever I can get.

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3340
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
One of the great things about having sucked for years, is that there is still lots a of low-hanging fruit to learn in my late 40s.
Never did a k-grind in my life until 2 weeks ago, now trying slappy Ks shuvit out, which for me is enough novelty to make me smile

This is so relatable. I get incredibly stoked on a backside boardslide on a flatbar these days. Even an axel stall on the curb out front of my place. The need to push myself through massive fear is gone.

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1416
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.

Ayeee! The k grind klub in the house! Im gonna be 38 soon and have been on a mission to learn shit i never learned in previous skate life incarnations. I learned k grinds yesterday. You’re brave going for the slappy krook. Nose only slappies makes no sense to me, so ive gotta be a wimp and ollie into a ledge.

Feels great. Im getting closer to the elusive 3 flip id always thought I couldn’t do before as well.

Keep shredding my friend
Well-defined ambiguity, I'm already on somebody's list as a casualty

Plan9Customs

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 538
Jim Gray is going pretty well at 60.

Yes but not a single Greyslide or JimJam. Since Dave was in that taking pics he’s still out in the streets and ripping as well. Last I heard Winsor was getting towed into slappies at 20mph and still has hands down the best looking sweepers.
And yes it does. I still get a smile when I’m fucking around on my toy.

Cool Ceith

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 614
  • Did someone say sassy?
47… and loving it.