Author Topic: Spitfire formula four  (Read 720627 times)

imuseless

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 14
Re: Spitfire formula four
« Reply #2070 on: September 28, 2019, 12:48:16 AM »
Expand Quote
got my first set of F4's a coupe weks ago after years of 'wheels are wheels maaaaan' had been riding bones for a long time. The difference is insane!

I have seen the light

SHALOM
[close]

I've never had any other gear switch improve my skating more (or make it more enjoyable). It is such a good feeling.

I also remember my first set of F4s. I was just laughing how fucking good they felt compared to cheapest deck brand/skate shop wheels I used to ride.

Switch FS K-Swiss Grind

• Rep: 76
« Reply #2071 on: September 28, 2019, 01:14:13 AM »
got my first set of F4's a coupe weks ago after years of 'wheels are wheels maaaaan' had been riding bones for a long time. The difference is insane!

I have seen the light

SHALOM
welcome home brother
on the commentary for the scene where jeremy klein rollerblades at that little skatepark he said the actual blader with dreads who was there came up to him and asked him if he listens to korn

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1972
« Reply #2072 on: September 28, 2019, 09:15:22 AM »
Expand Quote

I have seen the light

SHALOM
[close]

I've never had any other gear switch improve my skating more (or make it more enjoyable). It is such a good feeling.

I'm sure I've told this story earlier in this thread but a few months before the F4 was introduced I won a prototype through an Instagram giveaway, and since then I haven't skated anything other than an F4 variant. I simply can't do it.

Reed Richards

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 106
« Reply #2073 on: September 28, 2019, 09:57:59 AM »
I have the classic F4 Tyshawn joints, no complaints whatsoever.  To combat these gross ass NJ streets and porous pavement, I'm thinking of putting some conical fulls on my next setup.

Woos

• Rep: 7
« Reply #2074 on: September 28, 2019, 06:27:47 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I’m looking to start skating transition a bit and need help choosing some wheels.

If you were going to skate a large outdoor concrete bowl what Formula Fours (size+model) would you personally want to be riding?

What about for transition at an indoor skate park?

Thanks guys.
[close]
I am going to be doing the same and I'm gonna go with 54mm conical fulls. I got them a while ago but was hardly skating. When I got them I had been skating a local park a lot and couldn't get up kickers and stuff. I never skated parks a lot and I didn't really know what to do. When I got the 54mms I was getting up stuff and keeping speed no problem. I'm going with 99a and the full should be good contact.
[close]

Solid advice here; 54mm is basically the perfect all around size IMO.  Classic fulls would work really well too, if you're looking for a wider contact patch with a bowed sidewall that makes breaking into a slide a bit easier.  I've got both classic and conicals and am extremely curious about the full version of both, so let everyone know how it all works out.

I used to skate 99a 54s for street back in the day ( couldn’t drive yet and my tiny Wisconsin hometown was/is crusty AF) so I was considering going a bit bigger. I ride 52mm STF V1 103s on my street board so I figured why not go larger than 54mm if it’s going to literally only be used in the bowl.

Would you say 56mm conical fulls would outperform 54mm classic wides in this case? I’m 6’ 175lbs so I’m not huge but I’m not a small guy either.

Shit maybe I should get 54mm Classic Fulls first and if they’re not big enough I’ll at least have some wheels for when I visit my old hometown.

Thanks guys.

Oh btw semi related question. Do 52mm STF V1s Or 52mm Formula Four Classics have a wider contact patch?  I can’t find the exact dimensions of the STF V1s and mine are too worn down to tell.

SATIVA HYBRID

• Rep: -35
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #2075 on: October 07, 2019, 10:40:47 AM »

I have seen the light

SHALOM

this gives me hope for others, it's always so confusing when someone insists to me that bones are superior
only hoe i love is popeyes
i put my dick in the drumstick

Audrey II

• Rep: 14188
« Reply #2076 on: October 07, 2019, 11:08:22 AM »
Got this tattoo almost 14 years ago. Haven't bought or rode another wheel company's product since 1992. I got the tee shirt with the WWII soldier with the flamethrower and I've been hooked ever since

ill never understand getting a logo of a brand you arent part of tattooed on yourself. but hey whatever floats your boat.
You got questions? Ask me like a fucking man. You know my Insta.

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 438
« Reply #2077 on: October 07, 2019, 11:15:47 AM »
Expand Quote
Got this tattoo almost 14 years ago. Haven't bought or rode another wheel company's product since 1992. I got the tee shirt with the WWII soldier with the flamethrower and I've been hooked ever since

[close]

ill never understand getting a logo of a brand you arent part of tattooed on yourself. but hey whatever floats your boat.

Had a chance to get some tattoos while in high school. So glad I pussy'd the fuck out. I was going to get some shitty emo band logo that I don't even fuck with anymore. No I do have tattoos im not hyped on but they aren't some shitty band I have no tie to
Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

Freight Train

« Reply #2078 on: October 07, 2019, 02:44:14 PM »
I don't think it's necessary to understand why other people do the things they do and like the art they like. I don't question my tastes

jtrpma

• Rep: 45
  • PMA
« Reply #2079 on: October 07, 2019, 08:07:21 PM »
I don't think it's necessary to understand why other people do the things they do and like the art they like. I don't question my tastes

Second that! I would never trade that for any of my shitty tattoos, but I owe so so much to my memories and corresponding tattoos that I don’t care who’s aesthetics they please.
If you love it it is rad!

PMA

animalflesh

« Reply #2080 on: October 08, 2019, 07:33:40 AM »
I have skate brand tattoos and band tattoos who gives a shit

I think they’re awesome

Anyway I bought my first set of f4 today

gsosa

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 293
« Reply #2081 on: October 08, 2019, 10:14:11 PM »
Sup gods, I bought thw tablet shapes because of the wider riding surface (was rocking the classics before) but people here don't seem to be as fond of them (only read like 2 pages before this one) whats the dealio with this shape? Pros and Cons? Sorry if this has been asked before (which it surely has been)

HyenaChaser

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 226
« Reply #2082 on: October 08, 2019, 10:24:29 PM »
Sup gods, I bought thw tablet shapes because of the wider riding surface (was rocking the classics before) but people here don't seem to be as fond of them (only read like 2 pages before this one) whats the dealio with this shape? Pros and Cons? Sorry if this has been asked before (which it surely has been)

I’m going to piggyback this question as I was forced to buy tablets since there were no f4 conical fulls to be found.

I saw what’s-his-name’s video review but who has firsthand experience?
You know I thought these forums were a for skating not discussing fetishes

Tarquin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 423
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2083 on: October 09, 2019, 05:49:41 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I’m going to piggyback this question as I was forced to buy tablets since there were no f4 conical fulls to be found.

I saw what’s-his-name’s video review but who has firsthand experience?

They’re good for locking into smith grinds and feeble grinds (but then so are conical fulls). They’re skinny, making my axles seem wider which I like. A big negative for me is how exposed the axle nuts are because of how skinny they’re cut. It was fucking up slappys at first but I kind of got used to it. They’re not bad but I’ll be going back to conical fulls once I’m done with them.

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #2084 on: October 09, 2019, 06:40:40 AM »
tablets - Straight Cut profile, thin riding surface, speed and control for the sick.

conical full - Wider riding surface and cutaway design for unmatched control and lasting speed everywhere.

HyenaChaser

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2085 on: October 09, 2019, 08:51:12 AM »
tablets - Straight Cut profile, thin riding surface, speed and control for the sick.

conical full - Wider riding surface and cutaway design for unmatched control and lasting speed everywhere.

I mean, I get that more surface area equals a relatively smoother roll, but what am I supposed to do with “control for the sick?”

Am I sick? Should I become sick? Does it have to be terminal?

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #2086 on: October 09, 2019, 09:32:32 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I mean, I get that more surface area equals a relatively smoother roll, but what am I supposed to do with “control for the sick?”

Am I sick? Should I become sick? Does it have to be terminal?

Spitfire marketing. Such bullshit. Also the tablets by no means have a thin riding surface. It's exactly the same on the 54 mm concial fulls and tablets. They really should stop with this pseudoscientific/technical babble and just stick to facts. Annoys me to no end. Love the wheels though.

baggy spandex

« Reply #2087 on: October 09, 2019, 09:55:49 AM »
I back F4's but PLEASE make them white, so sick of them looking like potatoes

I'd be so bummed to have deal with a white Formula Four. Gotta have my rusty potatoes.

GardenSkater77

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1092
« Reply #2088 on: October 10, 2019, 08:32:24 PM »
Skate warehouse just got in some conicals and conical fulls.

I ride 52 mm 99a radials and would get them again in 53-54 mm but can’t find them.

SW has 53 mm conical wide and 54 mm conical.

I am leaning to the conical wide, but is that overkill in terms of contact patch width?

Having wider wheels may make flip tricks feel weird.

Anyone have experience with both SHAPES?

GANG!

thebacker

« Reply #2089 on: October 10, 2019, 08:42:00 PM »
Go with the 54's, it's the perfect wheel

HyenaChaser

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2090 on: October 10, 2019, 10:17:55 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I'd be so bummed to have deal with a white Formula Four. Gotta have my rusty potatoes.

If you’re worried about the whiteness of your wheels, you could always skate Bones. But then like, you’d be skating Bones. And that’s pretty fucked up.

arrbee

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2091 on: October 16, 2019, 10:05:01 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

If you’re worried about the whiteness of your wheels, you could always skate Bones. But then like, you’d be skating Bones. And that’s pretty fucked up.

I couldn't imagine having to admit, or even say out loud I was riding Bones
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1308
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2092 on: October 17, 2019, 10:13:50 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

I just think of purple neff outfits when I see bones wheels.

bbk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 278
  • Dopeness
« Reply #2093 on: October 17, 2019, 10:31:54 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
Where the fuck did Dyet go? Was he injured or did he just blow it?

HyenaChaser

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2094 on: October 17, 2019, 10:39:16 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]
Where the fuck did Dyet go? Was he injured or did he just blow it?

You know how he skated Bones? Well like, he’s also on Darkstar, and it’s kind of like, I mean, you get it.

bbk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 278
  • Dopeness
« Reply #2095 on: October 17, 2019, 11:06:44 AM »
Oh, he's still on Darkstar. Who knew?

arrbee

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2096 on: October 17, 2019, 11:28:18 AM »
Oh, he's still on Darkstar. Who knew?

Dyet is a space cadet, I doubt he even knows he is on Darkstar

GardenSkater77

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1092
« Reply #2097 on: October 25, 2019, 07:56:51 PM »
Expand Quote
I have 52 mm f4 radials and I am looking to go up in size (54-55) with a wider contact patch.

Been working on slappies and I am wondering if certain wheel shapes make it harder to slappy.

Any one have any feedback with conicals, full conicals, and tablets for slappies?

Lots of Tablets for sale but not to many conical or conical full sizes out there right now. I would think lock-ins and tables would be very hard to slappy with but classics would be the best. Any recommendations?
[close]

Opinions will differ, but for me, nothing beats a spit classic for slappies, they just roll onto curbs.

Loose Aces and Spit classics = slappie heaven.

I got 55 mm classics 99a and they are terrific for slappies. You really roll right up on the curb. I thought the classics would lack grip because of the smaller contact patch, but the wheels had plenty of grip. Very pleased with my purchase.

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #2098 on: October 25, 2019, 11:19:24 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I have 52 mm f4 radials and I am looking to go up in size (54-55) with a wider contact patch.

Been working on slappies and I am wondering if certain wheel shapes make it harder to slappy.

Any one have any feedback with conicals, full conicals, and tablets for slappies?

Lots of Tablets for sale but not to many conical or conical full sizes out there right now. I would think lock-ins and tables would be very hard to slappy with but classics would be the best. Any recommendations?
[close]

Opinions will differ, but for me, nothing beats a spit classic for slappies, they just roll onto curbs.

[close]

I got 55 mm classics 99a and they are terrific for slappies. You really roll right up on the curb. I thought the classics would lack grip because of the smaller contact patch, but the wheels had plenty of grip. Very pleased with my purchase.

Width of the contact patch does not have any effect on grip.

oldbummer

• Rep: -25
« Reply #2099 on: October 25, 2019, 11:41:12 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

Width of the contact patch does not have any effect on grip.

That is why drag race cars use really narrow wheels in the back.