Author Topic: Limosine skateboards  (Read 70959 times)

apport

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 295
Re: Limosine skateboards
« Reply #300 on: December 17, 2021, 07:56:46 AM »
everyone hating on the imagery is looking forward to the new primitive dragonball z drop
nah, the T2 drop

dallou

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 178
    • Music avatar image
« Reply #301 on: December 17, 2021, 08:08:21 AM »
would be cool without the primitive logos
check my music

too fakie

• Rep: 63
« Reply #302 on: December 17, 2021, 09:06:57 AM »
This may have already been mentioned somewhere else in the thread, but I can see exactly why AO did not want to let the team do their own graphics.

IpathCats

« Reply #303 on: December 17, 2021, 09:26:47 AM »

LebowskisRug

« Reply #304 on: December 17, 2021, 09:43:29 AM »
I like Cyrus but I feel he’s a budget Hjalte in that he has the same massive power but doesn’t diversify. I’ll still watch him do the same 5 things just like I watched so many other pros do throughout their careers, but let’s not act like he saved 917 in any way. Outside of Slap I don’t think these riders are as popular as people think. Maybe Nik or Max, but that could be a stretch.

There’s a lot of way shittier local brands that survive in pockets all over the country. They don’t need a huge contingent of customers to stay afloat and if they’re going BBS and less boxy shapes they will become an alt FA/Hockey for people that don’t like those shapes but like the image somewhat.

35mm

• Rep: 29
« Reply #305 on: December 17, 2021, 09:44:42 AM »
Who stole more skaters from 917? FA/Hockey or Limosine?

sprained_ankle

• Rep: -12
« Reply #306 on: December 17, 2021, 10:35:45 AM »

917 to FA/Hockey
  • Aidan Mackey (FA)
  • Vincent Touzery (FA)
  • Nik Stain (Hockey)

917 to Limosine
  • Cyrus Bennet
  • Max Palmer
  • Hugo Boserup
  • Aaron Loreth (Am)
  • Genesis Evans (Am)
  • Karim Callender (Am)
  • Santino Gagliarducci (Am)

It looks like there were a few people in 917 2 that were not in this video.
hi,am new here

mj23

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 237
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #307 on: December 17, 2021, 11:03:17 AM »
This may have already been mentioned somewhere else in the thread, but I can see exactly why AO did not want to let the team do their own graphics.

definitely. these graphics are basically the same, but crappier. color schemes and proportions are just a little bit off. here's hoping they hire a design consultant or something to tune things up on their next drop. just a little improvement would go a long way, imo. i want this to succeed.

Shrinedescender

• Rep: 152
« Reply #308 on: December 17, 2021, 11:18:41 AM »
I really enjoyed the video. The team is stacked, everyone has a distinct style and it's clear they're all just homies trying to make something together; which I really respect. As far as the graphics and imagery, I've said this before but I think the brand's unique and just needs some time to grow into itself. It's clear they have a vision and I think the video outlined that well. I agree they should find room for Stu Kirst and Andrew Wilson. Stu can contribute some great art for graphics and new Andrew footy is always a treat.

If they had the "Nice to meet you, I'm an artist" guy do some art for guest boards I'd buy them all.

HORSES

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 335
« Reply #309 on: December 17, 2021, 12:15:29 PM »

Nobody stole anyone lol. They all quit because Alex Olson sucked to ride for. I don't get why anyone would feel sorry for Alex when he admitted he was completely absent from the actual skateboarding side of it for the last few years. He couldn't even turn up to his own companies video premiere despite living on the same street as where the premiere was being held. Also the whole graphics thing just seems like one big joke when Alex himself said on his Nine Club he literally does not care and will just send clip art through to get printed on boards.

mattchew

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 370
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #310 on: December 17, 2021, 12:27:25 PM »
Not trying to peel anyone’s wig too far back here but y’all realize that both companies can suck in equal but different ways, right?
P R E P A R E  T O  T I M E C O D E

whagman

• Rep: -13
« Reply #311 on: December 17, 2021, 12:52:05 PM »
maybe i’ve got no taste, but i think the cyrus board is cool, and the team one is nice. the artwork for the max board is nice as well, but it doesn’t look great on the board with the brick. still gonna cop a max board tho

veritas

« Reply #312 on: December 17, 2021, 02:10:20 PM »

Imagine how hyped the team was when a box full of these showed up

917 was sick despite their terrible graphics because of the team and the videos, which leaves them with nothing now besides AOs artistic genius to keep the brand interesting
« Last Edit: December 17, 2021, 02:17:15 PM by veritas »

Scrotal_Recall

« Reply #313 on: December 17, 2021, 02:22:15 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I feel sorry for Alex in general. he doesn't seem to have been a good boss but he still gave them the platform and posse feeling they are now transporting onto limosine. all he gets is some ungrateful shit comments. people will say you dont earn to well as a professional skateboarder so making a company by yourself is a huge risk. Alex didn't have a Jamie Thomas or Reynolds career beforehand. he was still relatively young for somebody trying to do something like that. they should be nothing but thankful for that.

917 still does product and i will still support
[close]
you got this backwards. the max/cyrus crew already had a platform thanks to all of john wilson's vids, alex just co-opted that popularity by putting all those dudes on at once. he needed them more than they needed him. any success 917 saw was a fluke and with the benefit of hindsight, it's pretty clear AO never had what it takes to run a successful brand. how many years has it been since everyone quit and what has he done in the meantime? a couple of forgettable graphics and a radio party?
[close]

I saw those John Wilson videos but I still thought the crew was starting to take things seriously as a group as soon as somebody gave them boards. it seems like if it wasn't for 917 they'd all be on different companies without the insight into how to run or not to run a company. they should thank him for that. that guy taught them a lot whether they like him or not.

Cyrus & Max Palmer were skating together for a long time before Alex started 917. they were always on Quartersnacks and in low key indie edits. They also haven't really bad mouthed him - just said they were over the company and he was pretty lack lustre in his attitude to running it - which he himself confirmed.

Hedgehog In Da Fog

• Rep: -15
« Reply #314 on: December 17, 2021, 03:30:23 PM »
I have no problem with these graphics. But I think I'm at the point where as long as they aren't embarrassing or awkward, then we good. This first run of graphics is nothing to scoff at, really, and it seems like an image is being established in its early stages.

thomascandia

« Reply #315 on: December 17, 2021, 03:35:54 PM »
917 dot 2.0   the graphics are so random and cheap, maybe made by the team for save money. If they hire an art director would be a bitdifferent from the cheap artworks of 917's style.

dr.prestige

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 350
  • rest in peace Loaf
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #316 on: December 17, 2021, 03:53:04 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Imagine how hyped the team was when a box full of these showed up

917 was sick despite their terrible graphics because of the team and the videos, which leaves them with nothing now besides AOs artistic genius to keep the brand interesting

I really like the "blank" board, I've honestly hoped that more board brands would do heavily minimal graphics like this more often. Also the Glam board isn't really too bad either, it would be funny/entertaining to see some machismo/hesh dude skating one of those, and you're gonna boardslide the graphic off anyways so why even choose to ride a board with a graphic you really like? Whenever I did that it made me avoid boardslides so I can look at it longer, which is lame. Skateboards are meant to be destroyed so buy something that skates well and you don't mind destroying. If you like the graphic hang it on your wall.

Op, you ok man? Being real here, you doin alright?

CossRooper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 138
  • What are you up to, drawing leafs?
    • timecube avatar image
« Reply #317 on: December 17, 2021, 07:36:42 PM »
i just want to stress that cyrus, max, genny, logan and the rest of these guys n gals could start a company called "fart" where the boards are just the word "fart" in times new roman on a flat color deck and this would still be a highly compelling brand for me. Nobody skates the city like cyrus or max. Not all of us need this to be some sort of new frontier in computer graphics to make us want to support the crew that gave us literally the best skate content of the last 5 years.

regardless, i like the design, especially the flyer for the video and cyrus' board.

CossRooper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 138
  • What are you up to, drawing leafs?
    • timecube avatar image
« Reply #318 on: December 17, 2021, 07:38:41 PM »
Expand Quote
Very stoked on this whole endeavor. Not one negative thing to say from me. Pretty serious to drop with a DVD and a full range of goodies. and big agree that Andrew Wilson should get on. And Nikita when his Hockey contract expires.

Expand Quote
I love Cyrus and Max enough that I might have bought the bullet if I were buying one from a shop for $60 plus grip, but for $70 with $15 shipping and another few bucks for grip? I just cannot justify that.
[close]

$70 for a deck is a fair price.
[close]

But it's not $70, it's $70 plus $15 shipping and grip. So it's a $90 deck, which is my point.

How much you reckon it costs them to ship a deck with tracking these days? It can't be less than $8-10 bucks

LiterallyRyan

• Rep: -19
« Reply #319 on: December 17, 2021, 07:52:35 PM »
Nelly's part in PAYMASTER was sick, that's all I have to say.

LebowskisRug

« Reply #320 on: December 17, 2021, 08:09:43 PM »
is Nelly the girl?

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1131
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #321 on: December 17, 2021, 08:37:02 PM »
these guys n gals could start a company called "fart" where the boards are just the word "fart" in times new roman on a flat color deck and this would still be a highly compelling brand for me.

If you make this board I will buy it
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

jerrygurneyscream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 130
« Reply #322 on: December 17, 2021, 08:43:01 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Very stoked on this whole endeavor. Not one negative thing to say from me. Pretty serious to drop with a DVD and a full range of goodies. and big agree that Andrew Wilson should get on. And Nikita when his Hockey contract expires.

Expand Quote
I love Cyrus and Max enough that I might have bought the bullet if I were buying one from a shop for $60 plus grip, but for $70 with $15 shipping and another few bucks for grip? I just cannot justify that.
[close]

$70 for a deck is a fair price.
[close]

But it's not $70, it's $70 plus $15 shipping and grip. So it's a $90 deck, which is my point.
[close]

How much you reckon it costs them to ship a deck with tracking these days? It can't be less than $8-10 bucks

I only paid $10 shipping on a deck and dvd. Also the boards are screen printed, which $70 isn’t really all that steep for. And it comes with free grip. Plus if $10 shipping is still bad, orchard has $5 shipping to the lower 48 and free shipping to New England

Dwyck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 154
« Reply #323 on: December 17, 2021, 08:50:45 PM »
Pink Glam board is sick. I skated it it's the Brophy 8.5 14.75 Girl shape but BBS. Tiny mellow tail. No one (not even AO) understood 917 as a weird shape company. Skating the 8.5 14.1 917 slick rn. Hard to find in other places. 917 and Limosine might just be rounded-kick FA shape companies
Regular stance is a mental disorder defined by the DSM-5

Dwyck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 154
« Reply #324 on: December 17, 2021, 08:51:43 PM »
If you want to skate a BBS board that's not an Antihero or Baker shape you now have an option with Cyrus or Max's name on it
Regular stance is a mental disorder defined by the DSM-5

in love w/ fs shuvs

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 113
« Reply #325 on: December 17, 2021, 08:58:28 PM »
I really like the "blank" board, I've honestly hoped that more board brands would do heavily minimal graphics like this more often.

Same. I really like the whole minimal 917 art as well; it was a breath of fresh air compared to FA/Hockey. Nothing like skating boards that look surfy, shits fun. I kinda like Frog for the same reason even though their graphics suck, they have a chill vibe going on. The FA vibe sorta bums me out since they're so gloomy/edgy, I was a fan as a teen but I find skateboarding to be really fun and totally not depressing these days.

Those blanks shoulda been price points tho IMO. Maybe not tho, it might be like pennies in difference between having an actual graphic.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2021, 09:06:03 PM by in love w/ fs shuvs »

rukes

• Rep: 221
  • Yabba dabba doo
« Reply #326 on: December 17, 2021, 11:29:31 PM »
They should do old flameboy/wet willy graphics but instead of it being a cartoon it is real and the riders are dressed up as flameboy and wet willy and someone else in a devil outfit that would be sick.
Is it true?  Or did you read it on the slap message board?

mclovin1336

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 75
« Reply #327 on: December 18, 2021, 02:26:43 AM »
I like Cyrus but I feel he’s a budget Hjalte in that he has the same massive power but doesn’t diversify. I’ll still watch him do the same 5 things just like I watched so many other pros do throughout their careers, but let’s not act like he saved 917 in any way. Outside of Slap I don’t think these riders are as popular as people think. Maybe Nik or Max, but that could be a stretch.

I kinda get what youre saying but cyrus can get more gnar, I think he should sprinkle some rail action like the absurd round one he did in there or other more gnarly stuff

never met anyone who has been skating longer than 3 years that did not like max or cyrus. for me it looks like within ~the scene~ both are well respected and hyped. max and nik prolly more though

Pete

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 665
  • Free Max B
« Reply #328 on: December 18, 2021, 05:13:33 AM »
The best graphic 917 ever put out was the triple baconator.

Can’t listen to this shit but all these guys rip. Why is Andrew Wilson not on and pro tho what am I missing here. Saw all the boards at the shop the other day, they look good. Not silly rectangles like FA. Nothing bigger than 8.5 tho so I had to keep it moving. If they make a big board I will buy it.

Anyone hating on genny and or karim is fucking buggin

Free max b
FREE MAX B

cherry

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 57
« Reply #329 on: December 18, 2021, 05:26:01 AM »
They should do old flameboy/wet willy graphics but instead of it being a cartoon it is real and the riders are dressed up as flameboy and wet willy and someone else in a devil outfit that would be sick.

Hire this man