Author Topic: Yonnie Cruz caught in a Stuckey situation, RAPE ALLEGATIONS, victims share texts  (Read 182881 times)

Ms. Tamzarian

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 737
  • I like dork tricks :/

Now this is a member of our species Not devoid of the imagination it takes to think of solutions beyond "memes" or "diverting the conversation"

Or maybe you are just having a bout of class rage again

MyUserName

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 178
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.

Ew, what type of grown man uses the phrase “lol” and the iOS monkey sticker?

Punished Skateboards

• Rep: 61
Another victim has come forward in Chocolate's Instagram comments

inkandimages

• Rep: 131
Expand Quote
This is called sexual grooming.
Important to note: The victim was in her early 20s, so not a minor, but still impressionable and much younger than him.
It is manipulative and predatory, and was done while he was also doing the exact same thing to other women at the exact same time. Most were much younger.
At no time before, during or after did he disclose his known STI status.
A pattern of behavior is being established here.

Remember this was Dec 2020 -- a full YEAR after the first victim confronted him, and he admitted he had HSV-1 & HSV-2
-- and a month after another victim sent him screenshots of her STI results.

[close]

I know this all started with your post on luredbyproskaters but I was wondering whether you've contacted them with all of this further evidence from multiple different women and if they'll help get it out? Only saying this because IG seems to reach a lot more general skaters and it also gives it a platform in a space that both Yonnie & Crailtap use regularly. I know you probably have already but yeah, I'd hate for this situation to be dismissed by skaters & pros as "Slap forum's going too deep" or something dumb like that.

Aside from that I really admire you speaking on behalf of and connecting all of these victims. More power to you!

Thank you for your support. I am not the woman who originally posted on IG, but since I was the most comfortable speaking up, I have been contacted by half a dozen other women who have shared their stories with me, which makes me feel both empowered and absolutely sick to my stomach.

I can say this: we have had enough, and we are mobilizing. Looking into a URL, because that is static and cannot be taken down/flagged as easily as an IG account. If just one woman Googles this dipshit's name, and it stops her from seeing him and being a possible victim, than this is all worth it. The first thing I did was Google that kook, but nothing except skate clips came up. I have some knowledge/history in the skate industry, but not enough to realize that he was connected so closely with the GX1000 crew, and if I HAD known that, I would never given him the time of day. It's been a learning experience. What they did to that security guard is some of the most reprehensible shit, and makes me want to vomit every time I even allow myself to think about the fact that he is even a  minor part of my history.

Also, the LA Times has been contacted about doing a possible follow up piece to the Burger Recods article that was published in January of this year. I don't have time to drop the link to the article in here (and it might be behind a paywall), but please Google if you'd like more information on that piece. There is enough material to write a book about the terrible, awful, behavior within skateboarding. Maybe if some of the people who read the Times stop buying their kids skateboards and shoes and merch, it will wake the industry up. Not trying to take skateboarding down -- that will never happen. Just trying to add some accountability and justice into the way "semi famous" humans treat other humans. It should hit nicely with the timing of skateboarding's arrival at the Olympics and the PSAs we would like to plan around those LA events.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2021, 01:51:11 PM by inkandimages »

notmikerusczyk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 289
wow he really does text like a fucking horny 13 year old. cringed hard reading that

Dark Knight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 365
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
wow he really does text like a fucking horny 13 year old. cringed hard reading that

Niggas name is Yonnie what else did you expect.  I find it more surprising these ugly little fuckers are even pulling numbers.

inkandimages

Important to note: The victim was in her early 20s, so not a minor, but still impressionable and much younger than him.
It is manipulative and predatory, and was done while he was also doing the exact same thing to other women at the exact same time. Most were much younger.

Remember this was Dec 2020 -- a full YEAR after the first victim confronted him, and he admitted he had HSV-1 & HSV-2

Additional text from the woman who shared the screenshots above:

inkandimages

Please note that these texts were sent to me by a victim, in which she messaged him about STI status on September 23, 2020, per the timestamp.

And this messages was sent to me yesterday:

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1033
  • Gnar Kook
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
What Yonnie has done is 100% reprehensible and he should have his "semi-famous" pro skater status revoked at once.  It's disgusting that craig hasn't made a statement or move on this (besides what they scripted for yonnie to post).

I'm totally ignorant on this point though:  what separates 'flirting' in the DM's from grooming?  And at what point should he reasonably be disclosing his STI status?  If these screenshots are initial DMs, is his opening remark supposed to be "hi i have herpes"?   I ask that facetiously but also genuinely don't know what is the appropriate time.  In my personal experience, I met someone IRL and we hung out for a couple days before even making out, and it wasn't until things were clearly going in that direction that the person disclosed to me their STI status (pre-makeout), and I actually thought that was appropriate timing.  If the very first day i approached her and the first thing she said to me was "I have herpes" i would've been like, uhhh ok that's odd to say up front. But maybe I'm wrong and outdated on this.

edit: also wanted to say thank you to inkandimages for coming here and schooling all these "BuT wHerE's tHe PrOof"  clowns

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 253
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

I know this all started with your post on luredbyproskaters but I was wondering whether you've contacted them with all of this further evidence from multiple different women and if they'll help get it out? Only saying this because IG seems to reach a lot more general skaters and it also gives it a platform in a space that both Yonnie & Crailtap use regularly. I know you probably have already but yeah, I'd hate for this situation to be dismissed by skaters & pros as "Slap forum's going too deep" or something dumb like that.

Aside from that I really admire you speaking on behalf of and connecting all of these victims. More power to you!
[close]

Thank you for your support. I am not the woman who originally posted on IG, but since I was the most comfortable speaking up, I have been contacted by half a dozen other women who have shared their stories with me, which makes me feel both empowered and absolutely sick to my stomach.

I can say this: we have had enough, and we are mobilizing. Looking into a URL, because that is static and cannot be taken down/flagged as easily as an IG account. If just one woman Googles this dipshit's name, and it stops her from seeing him and being a possible victim, than this is all worth it. The first thing I did was Google that kook, but nothing except skate clips came up. I have some knowledge/history in the skate industry, but not enough to realize that he was connected so closely with the GX1000 crew, and if I HAD known that, I would never given him the time of day. It's been a learning experience. What they did to that security guard is some of the most reprehensible shit, and makes me want to vomit every time I even allow myself to think about the fact that he is even a  minor part of my history.

Also, the LA Times has been contacted about doing a possible follow up piece to the Burger Recods article that was published in January of this year. I don't have time to drop the link to the article in here (and it might be behind a paywall), but please Google if you'd like more information on that piece. There is enough material to write a book about the terrible, awful, behavior within skateboarding. Maybe if some of the people who read the Times stop buying their kids skateboards and shoes and merch, it will wake the industry up. Not trying to take skateboarding down -- that will never happen. Just trying to add some accountability and justice into the way "semi famous" humans treat other humans. It should hit nicely with the timing of skateboarding's arrival at the Olympics and the PSAs we would like to plan around those LA events.

The Burger Records thing also happened to the young woman who had a similar issue with Johan Stuckey.   Something about that soft Y sound to pronounce your name

pbj

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 29

forreal, he texts like a horny high schooler trying to lose his V-card

Made In China

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 654
Expand Quote
[close]

In one of the newest screenshots, he really threw in a "I love you" in his apology to a girl and she shot him the fuck down. How old is this dude?

bigdave

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 179
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
How old is this dude?

Chronological or emotional?

You've met/been in proximity/read about/are familiar with professional skateboarders yes?

ok thanks

Made In China

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 654
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
How old is this dude?
[close]

Chronological or emotional?

You've met/been in proximity/read about/are familiar with professional skateboarders yes?
Hahaha good point, you got me there! This dude seems to be next level emotionally stunted though. Not that it makes what he did any better.

GuessAgain?

• Rep: 57
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Honestly sounds like you're doing an amazing job of this. LA times would be an unreal platform, could really blow the doors down on it all. Hopefully allowing some social progress in this culture to start by holding people accountable.

It's crazy how skating is a being portrayed on TV through a female lens via Skate Kitchen and Betty, while the reality is the industry are still promoting and covering for trash humans like Yonnie & co. It's especially sickening knowing this is all going on when over the last 2 years I've seen a massive rise in female skating here in the UK and can only imagine it's the same in the US.

cky enthusiast

Expand Quote

[close]

Now this is a member of our species Not devoid of the imagination it takes to think of solutions beyond "memes" or "diverting the conversation"

Or maybe you are just having a bout of class rage again

the solution is definitely getting as many peoples personal information as humanly
possible onto the internet for complete strangers so they can hoot and howl.

fwiw i am a fan of the billboard idea. i am a fan of people being informed and taking justice into their own hands- if you think posting  on the internet will serve as that justice (even though this thread is full of people saying “why isn’t his job etc” saying anything) then go off. i just think it’s silly and counterproductive.

Cheechsbong

• Rep: 0
The Burger Records thing also happened to the young woman who had a similar issue with Johan Stuckey.   Something about that soft Y sound to pronounce your name
[/quote]

I think something that is important to note is that stuckey has lost his career, no longer has his platform and seems to be working with the victims towards accountability (at least according to wknd even though their fukn complicit liars, it was also mentioned by the girl who posted).

Yonnie is still acting like this and acting dangerously towards womxn while stuckey’s situation is now over three years ago and only one girl has actually accused him of spreading. He’s been in a relationship or maybe even married since then so I don’t see how further demonizing someone publicly who isn’t a threat to others is beneficial.

In fact some could argue that it would make other who made equally fucked mistakes in the past from coming forward after seeing that stuckeys shit is all in the past/ he has faced the consequences (at least with skating) and people are still going after him.

I have multiple friends who have hsv2 and 2/3s of them were not always up front about their status even to long term partners, one of my friends never told her bf of multiple years and I don’t think he ever found out (yes some of them are womxn too). As horrible as I think it is, they’ve all figured out how to talk about it and I don’t think that they would deserve the same treatment as stuckey is gettting even though he’s not even in the industry anymore.

That being said everyone should disclose their status but this insane demonizing of someone who made mistakes in the past and is working on themselves is definitely going to make some people more scared to do the right thing. If someone hasn’t learned and is still putting other in dangers absolutely put them on blast. This is the main difference I see in the two sitchs. I don’t think stuckey is absolved but I also think to be able to really do the work someone needs, once they have started to take the first steps towards that they should be given time to process and reflect in therapy before people keep egging on public harassment campaigns against them.

I posted about how I see these sitchs being kinda different before but then that idiot started going off and it didn’t really get acknowledged.

Idk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 317
I’m willing to bet the reason Crailtap and other companies like Quasi won’t talk about it because it’s spread through out the industry. Probably lots of abusers.

Colin Robinson

• Rep: 63
  • energy vampire
As it always goes: FUCK CRAIG

inkandimages

the solution is definitely getting as many peoples personal information as humanly
possible onto the internet for complete strangers so they can hoot and howl.

fwiw i am a fan of the billboard idea. i am a fan of people being informed and taking justice into their own hands- if you think posting  on the internet will serve as that justice (even though this thread is full of people saying “why isn’t his job etc” saying anything) then go off. i just think it’s silly and counterproductive.

I appreciate your support, but I think you're missing the point here...

It can be very therapeutic for victims to speak their truth, whether or not you think that is "silly and counterproductive" does not matter at all. Also, these women are now being connected to one another, lessening their feelings of shame and isolation, and are now able to share their stories and find some strength amongst themselves. I'd like to make something clear -- I was asked, by each of the victims represented here, to share their stories with this community.

As I mentioned in an earlier post, victims' rights are real. Some of these women are sharing that they feel traumatized and are blaming themselves. They are angry and hurt, and in some cases now have very permanent traumas to deal with...I am going to stand by them, and speak up for them, and if you want to call me silly, well -- just add that to the list of all the other things I have been called.

Also, it is a (misdemeanor) crime in this state to knowingly not disclose STI status. Documenting this here is just a start. I'd like to remind everyone that Yonnie is still refusing to speak directly with his victims and acknowledge the full extent the impact of his actions have had on them. He continues to work behind the scenes to placate without having any real accountability. He has literally texted people, "Why is she tripping" and "I wish I never met y'all" as well as asking people to ask people to delete things that have been posted. Doesn't sound remorseful to me. Doesn't sound like someone who truly wants to make amends and change his behaviors. The only reason I haven't posted screenshots of those conversations is because I have been asked not to.

In case anyone is still wondering the depth of his impact, I just saw this message:

How many more women will it take to come forward? How many?
« Last Edit: April 13, 2021, 05:01:05 PM by inkandimages »

inkandimages

I’m willing to bet the reason Crailtap and other companies like Quasi won’t talk about it because it’s spread through out the industry. Probably lots of abusers.

And hence the outreach to the LA Times and now the SF Chronicle. Enough is enough. You know who else "protects their own" -- Fucking dirty cops.

HaveFunSkateboarding

• Rep: 20
It wouldn’t surprise me if Craig is worried because they have boards with Yonnie’s name coming down the line for a while still since they probably book that stuff into the future a bit. And before this all happened (he was outed) he was posting Lakai samples. So he either had a shoe or colorway coming eventually. They’re probably worried about money. Which if so, is bullshit.

inkandimages

It wouldn’t surprise me if Craig is worried because they have boards with Yonnie’s name coming down the line for a while still since they probably book that stuff into the future a bit. And before this all happened (he was outed) he was posting Lakai samples. So he either had a shoe or colorway coming eventually. They’re probably worried about money. Which if so, is bullshit.

One can only hope they will soon be on the Clearance rack at Zumiez.

Idk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 317
Expand Quote
[close]

And hence the outreach to the LA Times and now the SF Chronicle. Enough is enough. You know who else "protects their own" -- Fucking dirty cops.
Do it because the male dominated skate industry is still patting its self on the back for putting some shine on female skaters and trans skaters because it’s popular now while all this bullshit is still going on behind the scenes.

HeavyAndExpensive

• Rep: 114
I think this dude Yonnnie is exactly who TLC was warning us about in their 1999 hit, "No Scrubs." God dammit Yonnie, this would've been less painful for all parties involved if you were just a bit more honest.

GuessAgain?

• Rep: 57
Expand Quote
[close]

I mean if you've been active for even just the past year, it's definitely just the tip of the ice berg...

You could lump Yonnie in with Kenny Anderson and it shows how terrible Crailtap are:
https://www.slapmagazine.com/index.php?topic=112212.msg3356411#msg3356411

Add him to the list of GX dudes or SF scene in general and you can see something is clearly seriously wrong:
https://www.slapmagazine.com/index.php?topic=116037.360 - Al Davis
https://www.slapmagazine.com/index.php?topic=111833.msg3340924#msg3340924 - Poohrail
https://www.slapmagazine.com/index.php?topic=110112.0 - SF Rape Culture

Johan doing pretty much the same thing as Yonnie:
https://www.slapmagazine.com/index.php?topic=111774.0

Bigger names in general skating like Nyjah and Figgy, that dude from fucking Braille with that 14 year old girl:
https://www.slapmagazine.com/index.php?topic=60934.0
https://www.slapmagazine.com/index.php?topic=112282.0
https://www.slapmagazine.com/index.php?topic=107013.0

Most of these have just been this year alone. Of course there's a mountain of things this industry is sweeping under the carpet, no wonder companies can't and don't make a stand, they know it'd be hypocritical for them to do so... It's exactly why the Kenny Anderson story came to light.

After I saw this a couple of months ago it really highlighted how skaters have treated women for a long time and it begs the question of what doesn't make the cut. (god knows how old she was)
http://youtu.be/jjWN6k_ZXg0?t=388

Sorry to tangent off but the shits been in front of our faces for too long.

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1346
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
Oof that Canvas section is pretty bad
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

Punished Skateboards

• Rep: 61

Looks like he is getting a shoe. I don't recognize these from the current Lakai lineup https://www.lakai.com/collections/shoes. First post was from January and the other three from March.

Crail did put out KA's "Love Potion" boards after he was outed which shows they have no shame.

kenjiro

Inkandimages you seriously have to make a site or something to paint the whole picture in one area. this is beyond fucked.

UselessAsshole

• Rep: 200
Blows my mind how someone could have no problem doing that so many times to so many people. I don't care how dumb the dude is, it's no excuse. Seems psychopathic to me.

Side note, sending a picture of azithromycin saying he's having a flare up... It's not an anti viral. Gonorrhea is not a herpes flare up. I don't get why he even sent that, was he trying to get some sort of sympathy?