Author Topic: What was the last video game you played?  (Read 565623 times)

Speakr

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 61
Re: What was the last video game you played?
« Reply #3480 on: June 17, 2019, 01:51:01 AM »
Just bought The Crew 2 on sale. They really set a wrong tone with tutorial-race. I thought I was going to hate the boating and flying, but it turns out to be the most fun for me.

DanTheDoucher

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -195
« Reply #3481 on: June 17, 2019, 08:54:09 AM »
Played Contra 3: The Alien Wars on my SNES Classic yesterday night. Made it to the 6th level before I got too frustrated. That game is hard as shit.
FUCK YOU
not stoked on orcas today. leave the whales alone. big ass black and white motherfuckers. free willy can suck my dick

Googan Christmas

• Rep: 25
« Reply #3482 on: June 17, 2019, 07:15:49 PM »
Played Contra 3: The Alien Wars on my SNES Classic yesterday night. Made it to the 6th level before I got too frustrated. That game is hard as shit.

I tried that one too, it is really hard. I remember beating contra for nes with the code back when I was a kid, but I really don’t remember contra 3 being a big part of my childhood, prolly because of how dam hard it is

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #3483 on: June 18, 2019, 02:03:24 PM »
destiny 2

it's alright. plays good. story is blah.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1969
« Reply #3484 on: June 18, 2019, 03:21:42 PM »
They finally made Skate 1 backwards compatible so I've been playing that. Honestly kinda hard to go back after sinking so much time into Skate 3.

Garth Marenghi

« Reply #3485 on: June 23, 2019, 05:40:36 AM »
 Bought the Dusk / Amid Evil bundle, so hopefully those two in the not-so-distant future.

redcurb12

• Rep: 29
« Reply #3486 on: June 25, 2019, 12:02:23 PM »
They finally made Skate 1 backwards compatible so I've been playing that. Honestly kinda hard to go back after sinking so much time into Skate 3.

yo sick! i had no idea. gotta hit that up tonight. i miss the skate 1 animations
Let me preface this post with the fact that I am slightly inebriated, very uneducated and I havent read any papers or done any research at all, or read your post really.

DanTheDoucher

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -195
« Reply #3487 on: June 25, 2019, 12:49:02 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I tried that one too, it is really hard. I remember beating contra for nes with the code back when I was a kid, but I really don’t remember contra 3 being a big part of my childhood, prolly because of how dam hard it is

Me and one of my buddies beat Contra 3 back in the day when I had the cartridge for an actual SNES, but I haven't beaten it since. And honestly, I'm shocked I got to level 6.
FUCK YOU
not stoked on orcas today. leave the whales alone. big ass black and white motherfuckers. free willy can suck my dick

feedmeseymour

« Reply #3488 on: June 26, 2019, 09:12:56 AM »
my boy is a Nintendo rep and gets games early, i had a chance to play mario maker 2 over the weekend and its really sweet. the pre made levels from nintendo are really good and all made with the game itself.

creating levels when the switch is docked is tricky and feels weird, but in handheld mode its really easy and feels good. im hyped to get my own copy on friday.

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -717
« Reply #3489 on: July 03, 2019, 12:54:28 PM »
Grinding and hoarding in Horizon, Zero Dawn. Love destroying technology back to Stone age!

redcurb12

• Rep: 29
« Reply #3490 on: July 03, 2019, 02:37:16 PM »
pretty heavy into Destiny 2 right now. anyone else playing?
Let me preface this post with the fact that I am slightly inebriated, very uneducated and I havent read any papers or done any research at all, or read your post really.

Hmmmm Nice Bike

« Reply #3491 on: July 07, 2019, 06:13:09 AM »
Rocket League was the only game I picked up during this year's Steam summer sale. I'm actually enjoying it more than I originally expected and kinda wish I had gotten it sooner. Apparently it might be removed from Steam towards the end of the year though because Epic Games bought the developers.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2019-05-01-epic-acquires-psyonix-will-remove-rocket-league-from-sale-on-steam-later-this-year

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -717
« Reply #3492 on: July 08, 2019, 01:53:51 AM »
Wish I had the time to get into Rainbow...

Garth Marenghi

« Reply #3493 on: July 08, 2019, 11:16:38 PM »
Finished The Way. Cannot recommend it. If you're into games like Flashback, Out of this world and Prince of Persia, play those instead. Repetitive puzzles and game mechanics with somewhat shitty controls.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #3494 on: July 09, 2019, 04:44:00 PM »
pretty heavy into Destiny 2 right now. anyone else playing?

fuck yeah.

check yo pms

50mm

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 266
  • Take a chance, Columbus did!
« Reply #3495 on: July 09, 2019, 05:03:35 PM »
Rocket League was the only game I picked up during this year's Steam summer sale. I'm actually enjoying it more than I originally expected and kinda wish I had gotten it sooner. Apparently it might be removed from Steam towards the end of the year though because Epic Games bought the developers.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2019-05-01-epic-acquires-psyonix-will-remove-rocket-league-from-sale-on-steam-later-this-year

It's really good. It will still work for anyone who purchased it but yeah you wont be able to buy it. I originally got it free on PS4 when I had one, then went ahead and bought it when I sold my PS4 and built a PC. Every few months I jump on and get hooked for a few weeks.

shucknjive

• Rep: -39
« Reply #3496 on: July 10, 2019, 08:29:56 AM »
assassin's creed odyssey

red dead redemption 2

mArLeY

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 307
« Reply #3497 on: July 11, 2019, 01:00:19 PM »
Finished The Way. Cannot recommend it. If you're into games like Flashback, Out of this world and Prince of Persia, play those instead. Repetitive puzzles and game mechanics with somewhat shitty controls.

Flashback was the shit - although I think I'd struggle with the controls if I played it now.

adiofootwear

« Reply #3498 on: July 11, 2019, 01:58:45 PM »
I got Resident Evil 5 remastered for $5 a couple months back just got around to playing it.
I saw the news about Skate 1 being on Xbox One.. I'm tight I just rebought it for ps3. Looks like I'm buying it a 3rd time lol

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 149
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #3499 on: July 12, 2019, 12:22:28 AM »
all I play is hearthstone on my phone when I'm in transit, fuck Blizzard know how to make addictive video games

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Hmmmm Nice Bike

« Reply #3500 on: July 12, 2019, 06:19:08 AM »
Rising Storm 2 is free to play until the 16th, including the new toy soldier DLC.

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3358
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #3501 on: July 16, 2019, 11:02:25 AM »
I've started playing through Hollow Knight again...I put in a ton of time in my first playthrough and honestly probably didn't get that far into it. But it's one of those "enjoy the journey not the destination" type of games for me and so I'm really just digging the grind to buy shit and exploring shit.
The boss fights are really tough and make me feel stupid, but it's such a beautiful game that I kind-of don't care.
Plus I'm super excited about Silk Song. The devs knocked it out of the park on this game.

feedmeseymour

« Reply #3502 on: July 17, 2019, 07:25:07 AM »
I've started playing through Hollow Knight again...I put in a ton of time in my first playthrough and honestly probably didn't get that far into it. But it's one of those "enjoy the journey not the destination" type of games for me and so I'm really just digging the grind to buy shit and exploring shit.
The boss fights are really tough and make me feel stupid, but it's such a beautiful game that I kind-of don't care.
Plus I'm super excited about Silk Song. The devs knocked it out of the park on this game.

That game has awesome artwork and is great if you’re into Metroid-vania games. I got it for cheap during e3 and haven’t finished it yet though.
Hyped to see you took a break from the binding haha

Garth Marenghi

« Reply #3503 on: July 18, 2019, 01:07:15 AM »
Returned to Hyper Light Drifter and almost threw the controller out of the window in one of the areas in the Eastern zone. It's good but I'm not entirely convinced the controls are that great on this one, either. The timing on a fast dash takes a lot of time to get used to.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #3504 on: July 18, 2019, 04:52:30 AM »
^

i am with you on this. the game is beautiful, but i don't think it really plays as well as it looks. i kind of stopped playing after doing 3 of the 4 main dungeons because there was so much backtracking, too, and it never felt like i could get down the controls to a point where i felt totally comfortable.

Expand Quote
[close]

That game has awesome artwork and is great if you’re into Metroid-vania games. I got it for cheap during e3 and haven’t finished it yet though.
Hyped to see you took a break from the binding haha

i also need to finish this, started to play it on a laptop while away but never loaded it up again on my actual computer.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2019, 04:54:42 AM by Frank »

raunchyrick

• Rep: 36
« Reply #3505 on: July 18, 2019, 11:54:53 AM »
A Plague Tale - loved it.

Not the longest game, but its very story based and linear.

slippy

• Rep: 87
« Reply #3506 on: July 18, 2019, 01:54:15 PM »
Just ran through the first Hotline Miami real quick.  Was fun like I remembered, only takes a few hours but entertaining nonetheless!
people who refuse to use apple products can blow my fucking stupid hog

Garth Marenghi

« Reply #3507 on: July 18, 2019, 11:30:39 PM »
Just ran through the first Hotline Miami real quick.  Was fun like I remembered, only takes a few hours but entertaining nonetheless!

The first one was indeed terrific. Unfortunately the sequel was a slightly more convoluted rehash with nothing new to offer.

Wondering if My friend Pedro is a worthy successor:

Black Frycook

« Reply #3508 on: July 19, 2019, 06:57:15 AM »
Just copped Far Cry 5 cuz it finally went on sale on the Xbox store, I'm bout to be playing that for like 12 hours straight today since I can't skate due to my haggard ass ankle

feedmeseymour

« Reply #3509 on: July 19, 2019, 09:49:51 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

The first one was indeed terrific. Unfortunately the sequel was a slightly more convoluted rehash with nothing new to offer.

Wondering if My friend Pedro is a worthy successor:

woah this game looks really fun, might have to scoop this up. looks like you can skateboard and shoot people at the same time too