Author Topic: What was the last video game you played?  (Read 566000 times)

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 952
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
Re: What was the last video game you played?
« Reply #5190 on: January 04, 2024, 09:55:27 AM »
I'm playing GOW Ragnarok.

I'm bummed I couldn't bring my weapons with me from the pt1
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

Carrolls Chesthairs

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 122
  • HANNIBAL!!
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #5191 on: January 04, 2024, 04:34:07 PM »
got these from the library.

Undertale - never played it but already stopped playing bc of a long gap between save point and a game over.
Pikmin 4  - super fun and challenging
Lies of P - heard it's dark souls like but have yet to give it a go
Metal Gear Volume 1 collection - Never did play the first one or earlier version. Also been a bit for mgs2. Milked MGS3 forever ago on European extreme but may have to do it again :)

Spiderman 2 is on hold but I already know it's gonna be a third installment of slightly boring but visually pleasing button mashing.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1964
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #5192 on: January 04, 2024, 05:47:38 PM »
Coming up to 110 hours on Age of Calamity and finishing the last 1% of stuff, which needs Korok seed hunting (worst part of the recent Zelda games).

After that I have a gaping void on what to play next. Maybe some Persona 5 or Yakuza.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

frontsideNECKTIE

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
  • Precision Posture
« Reply #5193 on: January 05, 2024, 10:00:35 AM »
got these from the library.

Undertale - never played it but already stopped playing bc of a long gap between save point and a game over.
Pikmin 4  - super fun and challenging
Lies of P - heard it's dark souls like but have yet to give it a go
Metal Gear Volume 1 collection - Never did play the first one or earlier version. Also been a bit for mgs2. Milked MGS3 forever ago on European extreme but may have to do it again :)

Spiderman 2 is on hold but I already know it's gonna be a third installment of slightly boring but visually pleasing button mashing.

LoP is pretty rad. I hadn't played a souls game until that came up on game pass, but after beating it, I'm now I'm sucked into the Fromsoft vortex.... Currently on BB and ER..

Once you get the feel for LoP, it plays great. Put in the work on your perfect guards early and charging through the game is fairly straight forward. Best advice is to block early, cause you can still scrub the damage if you don't get the perfect. Then fine tune the timing and stagger the fuck outta everything.
Wow sorry, didn't realise I was dealing with a sick cunt here

lydius

• Rep: 43
« Reply #5194 on: January 08, 2024, 04:47:30 PM »
Ocarina of motherfuckin Time

so many different ways to approach it and new glitches/secrets/strats to learn

Blind Fisherman

• Rep: 73
« Reply #5195 on: January 10, 2024, 06:38:05 AM »
^hell yeah. OOT is still one of my all-time favorites. Which version are you playing? N64 or 3DS?

Downloaded DBZ: Budokai 1 & 2 for GameCube last night. Played through the story for 1 and had a blast reliving one of my favorite fighting games from my childhood. Can’t wait to get home and play the sequel tonight.

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 108
« Reply #5196 on: January 10, 2024, 09:40:22 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Been getting back into my PS1, and replayed a game I have called Devil Dice. Puzzle game that I haven't tried out in decades, I think. It still worked and it's still challenging. Feels good to play a puzzle game every once in a while to work the brain.

I'm going to get back into gaming a bit, but just for my PS1. The games on my hitlist are:
  • Silent Hill
  • Star Ocean: The Second Story
  • R-Types
  • Xenogears
  • Wild Arms
  • Was thinking R-Type Delta but apparently it's ridiculously hard, like one hit and you're dead. Not really interested in a stressfest

Also if anyone has these for sale, please let me know
[close]
Haven't looked too deep into eBay listings, but I've found a few PS1 games on there for roughly $20usd. I feel like that might be the best place to look if you don't feel like going to any used/vintage games stores.
[close]

You'd be lucky to find a copy of Silent Hill for under $150 tbh and I know Xenogears sells for over $100 as well. Not sure about the other games but realistically if you're just wanting to play these games through and not collect them you'd be better off emulating them on a cheap PC or Raspberry Pi.
[close]

And with emulation you can program fast forward hotkeys, very helpful in older RPGs like Xenogears with a lot of text and unskippable cut scenes. Somewhere in disc 2 you have 20 minute of dialog boxes you have to press X to proceed, I'm not sitting through that without a x8 speed increase.

Wild Arms! That was the first proper JRPG I played and loved the opening music and cinematic.

FF 1-9 has been "remastered" for PC and available on Steam if you don't want to deal with emulation, but the fast forward hotkey may not be present.
[close]

Thanks, y'all! I actually talked about this in a video game thread I created awhile back haha. I've never been into modding or emulation or anything, I'm super old school and basic and just hunting for the hard copies.

Nothing wrong with that, just saying a lot of these games are too expensive to buy just to play unless you're a long term collector. Good luck hunting for deals.

Pasta Monster

« Reply #5197 on: January 12, 2024, 01:24:27 PM »
I just finished the main campaign for Spider-Man Remastered and am questioning whether to play the DLC...about to play God of War (PS4) because I already put in 28 hours into Spider-Man.

Crust

• Rep: 45
« Reply #5198 on: January 13, 2024, 10:24:56 AM »
Banjo Kazooie for the N64, still amazing 25 years later.

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5199 on: January 13, 2024, 06:22:28 PM »

Yes. Amazing game.
(A)pl(E)

Carrolls Chesthairs

• SLAP Pal
  • HANNIBAL!!
« Reply #5200 on: January 14, 2024, 07:31:25 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Yes. Amazing game.
Fuck yes.

Yakusoku2

• Rep: 44
« Reply #5201 on: January 14, 2024, 09:03:10 AM »
For people who work in front of a screen, how do you feel playing video games in front of a screen in your free time? I’m a freelance and work editing photo and video for 20 hours a day lol so I would like to play video games but I think my head can explode if I spend one more minute looking at a screen. How do you do?

pops

• Rep: 254
« Reply #5202 on: January 14, 2024, 11:21:29 AM »
For people who work in front of a screen, how do you feel playing video games in front of a screen in your free time? I’m a freelance and work editing photo and video for 20 hours a day lol so I would like to play video games but I think my head can explode if I spend one more minute looking at a screen. How do you do?

I work a few hours of my days in front of computer screens and been doing game dev stuff on my own for couple years. I barely ever play anything nowadays, it's just too much. Sometimes I'll sit down to play some games with kids for 30mins or so. Ever since I started learning game dev I lost a lot of interest in playing games and dont really want to stare at screens more than that. I try to take breaks every 30-45 mins or so to let my eyes rest.

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5203 on: January 17, 2024, 07:21:27 PM »
https://youtu.be/trIf5YQYjL4?si=vHwt9HF90hPtJcRf

Unfortunately it doesn't show the roll up. That's hand eye whatever
(A)pl(E)

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 499
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #5204 on: January 17, 2024, 09:03:12 PM »
I'd love to replay OoT, but wont do it till I get my N64 hooked up to a CRT.  Just hate the look of N64 games on emulators.

Blind Fisherman

• Rep: 73
« Reply #5205 on: January 18, 2024, 06:28:52 AM »
I'd love to replay OoT, but wont do it till I get my N64 hooked up to a CRT.  Just hate the look of N64 games on emulators.
I understand if you only want to play it on a CRT, but there are HDMI converters that work fairly well nowadays. I got a cheaper one off Amazon last year and I haven’t had any issues out of it. Used it to play my PS1 last week and it looked fine on a newer TV.

lydius

• Rep: 43
« Reply #5206 on: January 19, 2024, 12:23:47 PM »
^hell yeah. OOT is still one of my all-time favorites. Which version are you playing? N64 or 3DS?

Downloaded DBZ: Budokai 1 & 2 for GameCube last night. Played through the story for 1 and had a blast reliving one of my favorite fighting games from my childhood. Can’t wait to get home and play the sequel tonight.
playing the 64 rom on Project64. love the blocky textures compared to 3DS, although it would be cool to try that version out one day. I don't mind playing on emulator and not having CRT, I'm not that picky. Once you get your controller setup right and deadzone dialed in, it plays fine to me.

been watching a lot of ZFG lately, he's amazing to watch and got me inspired to not try speedruns so to say, but just work through the dungeons more efficiently. skip map and compass rooms, know where the small keys are, and just skip the heart pieces and skulltulas. and get really good at combat!

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5207 on: January 21, 2024, 07:38:44 PM »
Final Fantasy 7 Remake, trying to finish it before the next release in Feb this year. Not really feeling it and the hype seems overblown. Voice acting, pacing and linearity weigh the game down; initially tried to 100% the game and watch all the cutscenes but the voice acting was so bad. Hopefully the pacing and linearity improves in the 2nd instalment.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5208 on: January 27, 2024, 01:10:16 PM »
I just finished God of war Ragnarok.

I give it an A-. Was good. I wept some. The last one was better tho. I didn't weep at that tho.
I really tried to milked side quests. It wasn't enough content.

I'm hoping the next god of war is a spin off for "Loki" Atreus restoring the souls of giants.

I'd like to see Atreus skate his bow as an attack.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2024, 01:18:01 PM by Uncle Flea »
(A)pl(E)

Lenny the Fatface

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 330
« Reply #5209 on: January 28, 2024, 05:43:13 AM »
Tekken 8, black history month started early I guess.

yghartsyrt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 235
« Reply #5210 on: January 28, 2024, 12:00:21 PM »
Final Fantasy 7 Remake, trying to finish it before the next release in Feb this year. Not really feeling it and the hype seems overblown. Voice acting, pacing and linearity weigh the game down; initially tried to 100% the game and watch all the cutscenes but the voice acting was so bad. Hopefully the pacing and linearity improves in the 2nd instalment.

Same here. Couldn’t finish the game. Felt stale and more like a chore than something I’d want to spend my time with

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5211 on: January 29, 2024, 07:10:31 AM »
Spent the last few days playing the new Yakuza game Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth and man I'm hooked bad, can't put it down

BurgerCop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -70
« Reply #5212 on: January 29, 2024, 08:55:55 AM »
Katana Zero is really fun.
I'd highly recommend it to anyone who liked Hotline Miami.

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5213 on: January 29, 2024, 09:10:49 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Same here. Couldn’t finish the game. Felt stale and more like a chore than something I’d want to spend my time with

The latter half gets better, materia and weapon load outs matter more, timing abilities to get a stagger is satisfying. The gym mini games and Wall Market with Don Corneo is the best part so far, just a shame they didn't pack more mini games and incidental side quests like a Yakuza game.

Just skipped all the cut scenes and dialog, much better.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Carrolls Chesthairs

• SLAP Pal
  • HANNIBAL!!
« Reply #5214 on: January 29, 2024, 01:50:17 PM »
tried elden ring but put it down cause the ambiguity of direction was killing me. Post Red dead 2 and tears of the kingdom, I can't do another open world game rn.

Trying Horizon new dawn which is OK.

Platinum'd Astro's Playroom out of boredom.

Going to have Miles Morales platinum'd too after I do new game+

But this...
has now taken priority

yghartsyrt

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5215 on: January 29, 2024, 11:29:33 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

The latter half gets better, materia and weapon load outs matter more, timing abilities to get a stagger is satisfying. The gym mini games and Wall Market with Don Corneo is the best part so far, just a shame they didn't pack more mini games and incidental side quests like a Yakuza game.

Ah ok. Good to know. Maybe I will give a spin after I finished Baldur’s Gate 3. But I don’t see this end quickly. One of the best games of the last 20 years. Can’t put it down. The amount of weight everything has and how well it is written is incredible.

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5216 on: January 30, 2024, 01:57:17 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Ah ok. Good to know. Maybe I will give a spin after I finished Baldur’s Gate 3. But I don’t see this end quickly. One of the best games of the last 20 years. Can’t put it down. The amount of weight everything has and how well it is written is incredible.

I played FF7 Remake when it first came out and enjoyed it but I can't imagine how disappointing it would seem playing it immediately after BG3 because that game is just so tremendously good

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5217 on: January 30, 2024, 06:39:13 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

I played FF7 Remake when it first came out and enjoyed it but I can't imagine how disappointing it would seem playing it immediately after BG3 because that game is just so tremendously good

FF7 Remake has an iota the freedom allowed by BG, which is fine by me - the sheer amount of freedom is intimidating for me.

Aside from the dialog and cut scenes my biggest gripe with FF7 Remake is the towns - they are as wide as an ocean but as deep as a puddle. I remember being able to look at random signs in the original that set you off in interesting quests (Wutai Turtle's Paradise poster, speaking to the villager in Rocket Town to get Cid's ultimate weapon). In the remake there is a lot of wasted opportunities with the street vendors, clothing stores and hidden paths - I hope they flesh that out in the follow up.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

yghartsyrt

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5218 on: February 01, 2024, 12:41:26 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

At the moment I have a hard time to imagine enjoying any game after the behemoth that is Baldur’s Gate 3

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5219 on: February 01, 2024, 09:22:30 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

FF7 Remake has an iota the freedom allowed by BG, which is fine by me - the sheer amount of freedom is intimidating for me.

Aside from the dialog and cut scenes my biggest gripe with FF7 Remake is the towns - they are as wide as an ocean but as deep as a puddle. I remember being able to look at random signs in the original that set you off in interesting quests (Wutai Turtle's Paradise poster, speaking to the villager in Rocket Town to get Cid's ultimate weapon). In the remake there is a lot of wasted opportunities with the street vendors, clothing stores and hidden paths - I hope they flesh that out in the follow up.

Yeah, the side stuff they added is all pretty lackluster tbh and I'm hoping they do better on that with the new installment. Also my complaint with FF16. That said I enjoyed the main story of FF7 remake a lot, I think it's cool that they're doing different things with it and changing up the lore.