Author Topic: Spitfire formula four  (Read 721044 times)

spacial_profiling

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -88
Re: Spitfire formula four
« Reply #2010 on: August 14, 2019, 12:15:21 PM »
are non f4's still absolute dog shit? I like the shape, size and price of these.
https://www.skatewarehouse.com/Spitfire_OG_Classic_Wheels/descpage-SFOGCWH.html

I think the classics are a little better than fine. Yeah, they wear down pretty quick, but once they're broken in I like them a lot. I have a lot of setup's, some with f4 some classic. All good for diff shit/work well with diff board setup's in my mind at least. If you powerslide in them new you're going to get flatspots, but after they break in they're much better at resisting.

franquietits

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 64
« Reply #2011 on: August 14, 2019, 03:36:41 PM »
Ben had a video addressing the classics. He basically concludes that they're inferior to the 4's.

Dear ben, I luuv uuu!

ThugWaffle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -141
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #2012 on: August 18, 2019, 12:43:12 PM »
How slick are the 101a's? I skated 99a's before and they were fine. I wanna try 101's but don't want to be slipping everywhere.

Serious Tea Drinker

« Reply #2013 on: August 18, 2019, 12:52:47 PM »
Slick.

Analisi

« Reply #2014 on: August 19, 2019, 08:39:19 PM »
Anyone have experience with the Classic Fulls? I'm debating between the 56mm and 58mm. They seem versatile, do they wear down well? I imagine they'll look more like radials when they wear down.

AssFea

• Rep: 3
« Reply #2015 on: August 19, 2019, 08:56:37 PM »
Anyone have experience with the Classic Fulls? I'm debating between the 56mm and 58mm. They seem versatile, do they wear down well? I imagine they'll look more like radials when they wear down.

Im pretty sure that shape was discontinued when the tablets came back. I could be wrong though

Nollie FS 180

• Rep: 1
« Reply #2016 on: August 19, 2019, 09:00:42 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Im pretty sure that shape was discontinued when the tablets came back. I could be wrong though
they've been discontinued for awhile. I’m skating a pair right now. I’d say they feel a lot like a conical full. It’s like if you mixed a classic and a conical full. They feel really good when you’re rolling, like they feel stable. If I were you I’d just get conical fulls at that point or classics. They discontinued them for a reason. Their not amazing but their not bad.
“Fuck you Amy, I love you” ~ Rick Kane

Analisi

« Reply #2017 on: August 19, 2019, 09:12:30 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
they've been discontinued for awhile. I’m skating a pair right now. I’d say they feel a lot like a conical full. It’s like if you mixed a classic and a conical full. They feel really good when you’re rolling, like they feel stable. If I were you I’d just get conical fulls at that point or classics. They discontinued them for a reason. Their not amazing but their not bad.

Thanks for the input. I've ridden the conical fulls and while I think they feel great, I felt they wore down to be too wide/square for my taste. There's some Lance Mountains that just came out, and beside them looking sick with the one colored wheel, I've been curious about them.

Nollie, what mm do you ride?
« Last Edit: August 19, 2019, 09:17:14 PM by Analisi »

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #2018 on: August 19, 2019, 10:52:48 PM »
I have an old set of 54 mm classic fulls that I’ve skated a bunch but aren’t done yet. I think they’re nice wheels. If you like the classic shape and want a little wider wheel to handle rough spots a lil better and your wheels to wear down slower, they’re nice wheels. I much prefer them over classics.

Nollie FS 180

• Rep: 1
« Reply #2019 on: August 20, 2019, 11:41:26 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

Thanks for the input. I've ridden the conical fulls and while I think they feel great, I felt they wore down to be too wide/square for my taste. There's some Lance Mountains that just came out, and beside them looking sick with the one colored wheel, I've been curious about them.

Nollie, what mm do you ride?
depends, right now I’m on 54 might hop down to a 52
“Fuck you Amy, I love you” ~ Rick Kane

ThugWaffle

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2020 on: August 20, 2019, 12:06:52 PM »

Serious Tea Drinker

« Reply #2021 on: August 23, 2019, 05:41:09 PM »
Slick in a good way though. 360 slides with ease...

ThugWaffle

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2022 on: August 24, 2019, 09:37:17 AM »
Slick in a good way though. 360 slides with ease...

What worries me missing the edge of a ledge trick and just slipping into oblivion and eating shit. Inclined to try them though.

Torre

• Rep: -30
« Reply #2023 on: August 24, 2019, 10:09:45 AM »
What I noticed about Formula Fours is that they are considerably softer than their Bones counterpart. The Spitfires that have 101a durometer are similar to, or even softer than Bones Easy Streets 99a. You can tell because the Spitfire F4 101a’s are considerably smoother over rough patches than your average 101a wheel or even your average 99a durometer wheel. And the spitfires, IMHO, seem to soften over time.

velvethammer

• Rep: -8
« Reply #2024 on: September 01, 2019, 06:22:23 PM »
What is going on with the Andrew Allen wheels?

saltusnaut

• Rep: 36
« Reply #2025 on: September 02, 2019, 12:37:04 AM »
What is going on with the Andrew Allen wheels?

They roll?
« Last Edit: September 02, 2019, 12:42:55 AM by saltusnaut »

velvethammer

« Reply #2026 on: September 02, 2019, 02:19:08 AM »

I can’t find a set of 55’s anywhere. Are they sold out for good? Or is Spitfire going to produce some more?

switchbs180

« Reply #2027 on: September 02, 2019, 12:53:56 PM »
Expand Quote
If in doubt go with the classics. If you're a newb I'd go 54mm. Its fun to roll.
[close]

Thanks for the replies. I think I'm going to go with 52mm on both decks, one Classic F4s, and the other F4 Conical Fulls to see if there's any significant difference for me. Leery about 54s tbh 'cause of wheel bite as I'm on the heavier side (180 lbs)

I weigh about the same as you. I always ride 54 mm spits. My last set were radials which are still nice, when I retire these I will set up some F4 classics. Never had problems with wheelbites, if you still worry about them, you could also wax your wheel marks. And I would recommend a bit of stretching before and after every session.

whenyousleep

• Rep: 2
« Reply #2028 on: September 03, 2019, 11:20:17 AM »

I can’t find a set of 55’s anywhere. Are they sold out for good? Or is Spitfire going to produce some more?

I'm skating the new shape, the tablets, in 55mm rn. Maybe look into those?

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #2029 on: September 03, 2019, 12:07:08 PM »
I've skated the 99s for a while now but the set i was running was below 50mm so I put some old 101s back on and based on one day of skating I really prefer the 99s. Feels like the static friction on both are the same but the kinetic friction in the 101s is much smaller than on the 99s: It takes as much effort to get them both to slide but the 101s slide much more when they've broken into a slide. Felt like I had no control over the slide with the 101s. Slipped out quite a few times and that never happened with the 99s. Granted I've gotten much more used to how the 99s feel but I do remember having similar thoughts before.

Got a few sets of 101s to wear out enough to kick down to some kid and then go back to 99A conical full (or tablets) exclusively. 🤔

velvethammer

« Reply #2030 on: September 03, 2019, 12:40:20 PM »
Just ordered a set of F4 99a conical full 56mm. Should be close enough

Diocletian

« Reply #2031 on: September 08, 2019, 02:48:08 PM »
Anyone else go back to skating F4’s after trying other wheels out and realizing you should have never ventured out in the first place? Put some new conical 56 99’s on yesterday and was like...yep, nothing beats the control, slide, and chirp of spitfires. Feels like home.

HyenaChaser

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 226
« Reply #2032 on: September 08, 2019, 04:15:43 PM »
Anyone else go back to skating F4’s after trying other wheels out and realizing you should have never ventured out in the first place? Put some new conical 56 99’s on yesterday and was like...yep, nothing beats the control, slide, and chirp of spitfires. Feels like home.

I won’t even skate other spitfires anymore
You know I thought these forums were a for skating not discussing fetishes

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 155
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #2033 on: September 08, 2019, 07:18:34 PM »
I rode some wayward wheels, what a terrible terrible mistake that was! F4s in 99a are prefect and I'll never cheat on them ever again

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

mynameisnotjeff

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 586
« Reply #2034 on: September 08, 2019, 10:34:49 PM »
I got some 99a classics a little after the came out in the mint color. Today I bought some 54mm Lance Mountain set and after being on Conical Fulls they feel slippery and small. Will report the changes once I break the wheels in fully.
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

Krooked antihero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
« Reply #2035 on: September 09, 2019, 05:26:00 AM »
I've skated the 99s for a while now but the set i was running was below 50mm so I put some old 101s back on and based on one day of skating I really prefer the 99s. Feels like the static friction on both are the same but the kinetic friction in the 101s is much smaller than on the 99s: It takes as much effort to get them both to slide but the 101s slide much more when they've broken into a slide. Felt like I had no control over the slide with the 101s. Slipped out quite a few times and that never happened with the 99s. Granted I've gotten much more used to how the 99s feel but I do remember having similar thoughts before.

Got a few sets of 101s to wear out enough to kick down to some kid and then go back to 99A conical full (or tablets) exclusively. 🤔
Been skating two sets of 99a’s in a row now, I’m a little bit afraid how’s the indoor season will be as I just got some 101a’s again😬 I use to prefer those over 99’s for years but now I’m not so sure anymore...🤔
europe's like the capitol of england and france and whatever

It sucks getting old.

HyenaChaser

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 226
« Reply #2036 on: September 09, 2019, 12:53:33 PM »

According to folks at Labor, Deluxe is backordered on Spitfire's for like a month and a half because of skateboarding's current popularity.

This sounds like a bad joke but I'm being totally serious.
You know I thought these forums were a for skating not discussing fetishes

Diocletian

« Reply #2037 on: September 09, 2019, 05:37:42 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I rode some wayward wheels, what a terrible terrible mistake that was! F4s in 99a are prefect and I'll never cheat on them ever again

I haven’t tried those but I was on some Bones Easy Streets and Speedlab’s, both are quality wheels but Spitfire F4’s have dominated the market for good reason, it’s not hype, the urethane is just perfect. I agree, 99’s are my favorite. The 101’s are a little too slippery.

woodinbrine

• Rep: 13
  • ᛐᛅᚢᛐᛁᚾ ᛙᛁᚴ ᚠᚱᛁᛅ
« Reply #2038 on: September 10, 2019, 12:18:07 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Been skating two sets of 99a’s in a row now, I’m a little bit afraid how’s the indoor season will be as I just got some 101a’s again😬 I use to prefer those over 99’s for years but now I’m not so sure anymore...🤔

On smooth concrete, especially dusty indoors, I slip out non stop even with 99a F4s. Got me some 97a Slime Balls to survive winter.

Krooked antihero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
« Reply #2039 on: September 10, 2019, 04:15:10 AM »
I used to skate 97a’s at our indoor park as well but got tired to push every single slide to get them slide proper, and reverts were pain in the ass too so i got
myself some harder wheels (bones stf) and fell in love. Like ishod said, better to slip out than stick!
europe's like the capitol of england and france and whatever

It sucks getting old.