Author Topic: Spitfire formula four  (Read 721142 times)

Banned from the room

Re: Spitfire formula four
« Reply #5550 on: November 25, 2023, 02:18:58 PM »
black classics and conical fulls in fall drop 3

Killer graphics

I just asked my family for a set of 60 mm red Funks for Xmas.

I asked for 6.1s and a loose trucks kit too.

I rarely ask for boards. Im scared of getting the wrong stuff
« Last Edit: November 25, 2023, 02:43:45 PM by Uncle Flea »

Kaydubbb

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 20
« Reply #5551 on: November 30, 2023, 08:26:42 PM »
Do the OG classics come in formula 4 and the old 99a formula? Spit catalogue lists them as F4 but everywhere here in Australia doesn't describe them as F4 and they are cheaper than all the F4 models.

Mbrimson88

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1039
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #5552 on: November 30, 2023, 10:24:39 PM »
Do the OG classics come in formula 4 and the old 99a formula? Spit catalogue lists them as F4 but everywhere here in Australia doesn't describe them as F4 and they are cheaper than all the F4 models.

Yes there both the original formula (more common here in Australia at the moment as we are still waiting on the new drop of F4 wheels) and Formula Four in the OG Classics.

The easiest way to tell is on the reverse side, not the swirl graphic side, the Formula Four wheels have a smaller black ring close to the bearings with text in it, but the originals have a larger "Old English" font writing round the side.  They both have the swirl graphic in the colour to size on the front.

At least the giveaway is the price too, because original formula wheels are around AU $50 to $70 and the Formula Four wheels are now $79 through to $90 or even $99 for the larger sizes, very few that I have seen online, but still some around if you look hard enough.

Original Formula back in OG Classic:

Formula Four back in OG Classic:

* Note - different pro version wheels have different graphics, as per the Grant Taylor OG Classics in 55mm that I have still in shrink wrap.  I got them a while back for someone, who ended up going with a different wheel, so these are still available. 

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

Kaydubbb

• Rep: 20
« Reply #5553 on: November 30, 2023, 10:59:00 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Yes there both the original formula (more common here in Australia at the moment as we are still waiting on the new drop of F4 wheels) and Formula Four in the OG Classics.

The easiest way to tell is on the reverse side, not the swirl graphic side, the Formula Four wheels have a smaller black ring close to the bearings with text in it, but the originals have a larger "Old English" font writing round the side.  They both have the swirl graphic in the colour to size on the front.

At least the giveaway is the price too, because original formula wheels are around AU $50 to $70 and the Formula Four wheels are now $79 through to $90 or even $99 for the larger sizes, very few that I have seen online, but still some around if you look hard enough.

* Note - different pro version wheels have different graphics, as per the Grant Taylor OG Classics in 55mm that I have still in shrink wrap.  I got them a while back for someone, who ended up going with a different wheel, so these are still available. 

Thanks for the info, now I know what to look for I found them at UPS skate shop in Sydney with the black circle in 52mm which I wanted but I'm torn between the OG classic and the standard radials. I typically don't like conicals but wanted something with a wider contact patch without going crazy like the radial full. Might pull the trigger on the OG classics and try them.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #5554 on: November 30, 2023, 11:15:08 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Thanks for the info, now I know what to look for I found them at UPS skate shop in Sydney with the black circle in 52mm which I wanted but I'm torn between the OG classic and the standard radials. I typically don't like conicals but wanted something with a wider contact patch without going crazy like the radial full. Might pull the trigger on the OG classics and try them.
F4 OG classics are the best shape ever imo.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

lewisnewton

« Reply #5555 on: December 01, 2023, 11:29:50 PM »
Just bought some 51mm F4 Classics. Can’t wait.

DERBY

• Rep: 272
« Reply #5556 on: December 02, 2023, 02:19:04 AM »

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1967
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #5557 on: December 02, 2023, 03:14:25 AM »
Was about to get mad, then lol'd

Beautiful work
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

rikki

• Rep: 302
« Reply #5558 on: December 02, 2023, 08:30:44 AM »
Ha. Anyway, I think a narrow wheel trend is imminent. Enough of the huge wheel shit, yes.

Banned from the room

« Reply #5559 on: December 02, 2023, 08:32:48 AM »
Wake up it's the first of the month yo.

Fuck a crack rock doggggggg. I need to get my urethane fix today

diplodocus

• Rep: 160
  • long neck
« Reply #5560 on: December 02, 2023, 09:00:12 AM »
Ha. Anyway, I think a narrow wheel trend is imminent. Enough of the huge wheel shit, yes.

I thought the same thing about wide wheels. I was classic shape 4 life. I loved the rounded over edges. But I got a set of conical fulls for free so I decided to try them out. When I was on Ace I couldn't stand wide wheels, but I did like how smooth they felt on crust. When I switched to Thunder I thought I would try the conical fulls again, and I love them now.

Banned from the room

« Reply #5561 on: December 02, 2023, 09:28:34 AM »
Ogeez are back!!!

Bout to order

Also I. Trying to get out to the diy tomorrow.

If anyone from Boston wants to roll I got a hot box yesterday.

Down ass fools only.

Banned from the room

« Reply #5562 on: December 02, 2023, 09:32:09 AM »

I full agree. 58x33 is the perfect size.

Imagine if spit dropped a 54- 60mm tablet.

No one is doing that so they would be pugging the hole in the industry.

Maybe we can get some very guys back on spit. Rn bones is the only one who is taking care of those foos

Frank and Fred

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 832
« Reply #5563 on: December 02, 2023, 09:34:23 AM »
Busted out the CF 97s for some slip-free good times yesterday at the local indoor mini concrete slip fest.

flintstagram

• Rep: 84
« Reply #5564 on: December 02, 2023, 03:25:46 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
F4 OG classics are the best shape ever imo.

Agreed. I got so excited I bought 3 sets of 55s the day they came out. I fucking love that wheel.

Banned from the room

« Reply #5565 on: December 02, 2023, 04:22:14 PM »
Im waiting. I want the 60s but I took um out the cart.

Those x99s in 58 have me thinking hmmm.
Also Andy's 97a nano is available in 60mmm.

I just got 6.1s and the 9" Ben Raybourn by metal

I'll wait because I did ask my mom for red Tfunks I kinda want not to have that much extra urethane at this time.

My next big purchase will be a stack of boards probably.

Let's see what happens.

Yo i'm stoked to be back on 875 up. I believe that's my thing. I have way more fun on the big magic carpet set up boards.

Also

I know I'll be the one who gets the 60s or 58s the shop got. I'm the big big wheels addict in the area

There's several sets I've been watching

Badandoldskater

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: 31
« Reply #5566 on: December 02, 2023, 04:34:01 PM »
Yeah I don’t know if I want to put tfunk red 60s on my heroin wide boy or nanos in a 97a. I have 64mm dragons I could use but I want a harder wheel.

Banned from the room

« Reply #5567 on: December 02, 2023, 07:12:29 PM »
Yeah I don’t know if I want to put tfunk red 60s on my heroin wide boy or nanos in a 97a. I have 64mm dragons I could use but I want a harder wheel.

Yeah I've been riding my dragons full time. The two issues I have with them is slippery when wet. And the bounce.

Barely wore any millimeters off. Soi got time. Im heading into the city this week to renew my dis-pass. I'll make up my mind then

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 691
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #5568 on: December 06, 2023, 07:35:20 AM »
I have 51mm Classic (worn to 45mm) and 54mm conical full (worn to 49mm). really like both of these wheels... not sure what I want to get next time. I am looking at going back to 1 setup basically so I am thinking of going up to the bigger wheels. really enjoyed how light weight and tippy the small classics felt though.

found some 56mm classic on sale for $50 CAD which is $20 off (most i have ever seen F4 on sale). It looks like if i were to ride this down it would end up same as the 54mm Conical Full... does that make sense? (classics will end up just slightly fatter which is kinda rad...)

also found 52mm on sale same price. maybe i should just get both?! lol!! 

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5569 on: December 06, 2023, 05:01:55 PM »
I have 51mm Classic (worn to 45mm) and 54mm conical full (worn to 49mm). really like both of these wheels... not sure what I want to get next time. I am looking at going back to 1 setup basically so I am thinking of going up to the bigger wheels. really enjoyed how light weight and tippy the small classics felt though.

found some 56mm classic on sale for $50 CAD which is $20 off (most i have ever seen F4 on sale). It looks like if i were to ride this down it would end up same as the 54mm Conical Full... does that make sense? (classics will end up just slightly fatter which is kinda rad...)

I have often got different sets of Classics, especially 56 mm wheels in rotation in different stages of wear, so yeah they just work so well for almost everything and are pretty much just the right width for what I like and skate too.

The reality is I don't skate often enough now to actually wear out product, so when I have something, it usually stays that size for the most part, but I also swap and trade a whole lot of wheels so I am usually riding older well used wheels from others that shape down nicely.

Spitfire wheels are only going to go up in price, so if you do enjoy a bigger wheel and a smaller wheel and can afford it, grab both, otherwise the 56 mm wheels should keep you happy for a while, even if some of the more tech things are a little harder with bigger wheels to start with.

As much as I would often say I could skate with one board, I know that is never going to be the case for me so I will always have multiple setups and then skate different boards at different places, mainly different size / shape / duro wheels on similar everything else, but I do like to mix and match a bit too with some other board sizes and shapes.

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 864
  • like….? brunch
« Reply #5570 on: December 08, 2023, 07:55:16 PM »
id definitely buy a radial full in 52mm
until that day comes, im running these 56s to the ground
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

Banned from the room

« Reply #5571 on: December 08, 2023, 09:16:39 PM »

I had those conis when I came off soft wheels in 2016. Best 101a wheel I've had maybe?

Definitely wear down the same. I think they're like a mm wider if even.

curb_cut

• Rep: 5
« Reply #5572 on: December 15, 2023, 02:54:23 PM »
anyone know if classic fulls are dead or going to come back? i see theyre available in 80HD but Im hoping they make more soon

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5573 on: December 15, 2023, 03:05:25 PM »
anyone know if classic fulls are dead or going to come back? i see theyre available in 80HD but Im hoping they make more soon

When they first came out, they were everywhere, basic blue graphic in 99 and red graphic in 101 much like Ciassics and Conical Full used to be, but then maybe the interest died off and they don't make them as a regular wheel anymore.

I feel like they are only released as "special editions" now with Max Palmer having some in 54 and 56 mm most recently (this year?), the grey black swirl and only on the board brand website, not through any other supplier.

https://limosineskateboards.com/products/max-palmer-limosine-54-mm-classic-full-formula-4-spitfire-wheel

Site listing has been pulled but the image is still up:

https://limosineskateboards.com/cdn/shop/products/HeroShotLarge54mm_MAx_web.jpg

Before that there were the 52, 53 and 54 mm "Repeaters" with a generic graphic series from last year, but the ones I used to skate a lot of were the Grosso, and Lance wheels in 54, 56 and 58 mm sizes, from 2019 to 2020 era.

*  Funny that this came up in a search just now:

54mm Repeaters in Classic Full from Canada

https://d-structure.com/products/wheels-spitfire-f4-classic-full-99a-54mm-repeaters?variant=40160476135472

OG Classic Full blue logo wheels from Germany

https://www.ebay.com/itm/404638629391

« Last Edit: December 15, 2023, 03:15:39 PM by Mbrimson88 »

Sedition

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 692
  • Fuck the revoltion. Bring on the apocalypse.
    • ThePastParticple avatar image
« Reply #5574 on: December 15, 2023, 03:13:20 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

When they first came out, they were everywhere, basic blue graphic in 99 and red graphic in 101 much like Ciassics and Conical Full used to be, but then maybe the interest died off and they don't make them as a regular wheel anymore.

I feel like they are only released as "special editions" now with Max Palmer having some in 54 and 56 mm most recently (this year?), the grey black swirl and only on the board brand website, not through any other supplier.

https://limosineskateboards.com/products/max-palmer-limosine-54-mm-classic-full-formula-4-spitfire-wheel

Site listing has been pulled but the image is still up:

https://limosineskateboards.com/cdn/shop/products/HeroShotLarge54mm_MAx_web.jpg

Before that there were the 52, 53 and 54 mm generic graphic series from last year, but the ones I used to skate a lot of were the Grosso, and Lance wheels in 54, 56 and 58 mm sizes, from 2019 to 2020 era.

^ Yup. Last set of those I had were the Grosso ones circa 2019. I broke my leg on those wheels, btw.
IG: ThePastParticiple

DLX 8.25  |  144 Forged  |  53mm Classic  |  Super Swiss 6

"Everything has been figured out, except how to live." -Sartre

Vexed

• Rep: 10
« Reply #5575 on: December 15, 2023, 03:53:32 PM »
id definitely buy a radial full in 52mm
until that day comes, im running these 56s to the ground

With the volume of wide ass wheels coming out I pray there may be some defected into wide ass Lil’ Smokies.

Banned from the room

« Reply #5576 on: December 31, 2023, 01:49:28 PM »
https://youtu.be/b_jStzmaHoo?si=V5Whwor4nqwP_W7T

Quick example of how nice the radial full (54 97a);is on bricks.

I gotta ride across this bricks multiple times a day. When I first leave the house boom I'm on the bricks holding ot going to get a coffee rubbina crust out my eye.

How a wheel does on bricks is kinda my everything.

Shit
My house is made of these same
Lumpy Ass "Colonial" Bricks and and Godly Gloucester Granite from the 1800s because it's connected to Essex street and was part of the mansion across the street.

So lucky. I fuckin feel like a skatebloard hobbit or something and this is my hobbit hole in the Shire cuz I fits me so well. And Thousands of people stop to photograph my house every year. Get a family photo that looks like a Black Sabbath cover. Lol.

It's cool that people be posting up on the stairs creating memories.

I understand Bricks=art always.

Anyway

So far this is the best formula for going fast on bricks. These are the exact size as my dragons are rn. They were 58x33 rat bone twos.

And

+4 about mm than my favorite wheel the Og classic. Formerly 58mm as well. Now about 50 tink.

These feel exactly like the OG in every way except smoother and faster so a 54 feels like a 58 or 60 at 99a

One negative but it's resolved

back 50s where more likely to unlock but the rear toe side wheels got a little flatter so not an issue.

Once that completes metamorphosis this wheels the absolute perfect street wheel formula.

No stupid bounce either. If I hit a crack and my board foot wasn't quite down the board is stay straight and true.

Going across this with 93a Powell wheelsis sick but dangerous af at higher speeds.

My board has gone crooked while hauling ass many times.

I'm setting up a second board rn for long distance. I gotta skate 7 miles and back on Thursday.

I gotta have really big or soft wheels for that these days. If it was one way sure whatever but the way back is a 3 mile uphill nightmare.

Super fun getting there tho. No push doing about 14 mph. I wanna go rn

pops

• Rep: 256
« Reply #5577 on: January 01, 2024, 03:05:57 AM »
This ia just my experience but all of my Dragon shapes beat my RF 97 Spits on any other than perfect skatepark surfaces and they both suck on the latter.

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1115
« Reply #5578 on: January 01, 2024, 02:01:28 PM »
This ia just my experience but all of my Dragon shapes beat my RF 97 Spits on any other than perfect skatepark surfaces and they both suck on the latter.

maaaaaan fuck dragons. they are ok, but that’s about it. my experience has been that they have serious drawbacks. the bounce is wicked. the biggest problem for me is that dragons do no slide on these really crusty roads i skate, whereas f4s do slide. no speed check, no dice.

on flat rough pavement, the dragons are nice tho. i appreciate the smoothness, and the quiet.

Banned from the room

« Reply #5579 on: January 01, 2024, 03:39:54 PM »
It's f4 for me

I definitely wanna get a set of those && wheels at 60mm. The harder ones.

Having an offset wheel in the ice box is a good idea. I wanna see what it feels like on pool coping.

I gotta get my RF to the bowl as well. The og 59 so far was the best.