Author Topic: Things You Are Stoked On But Not Stoked On  (Read 720744 times)

Shtonk and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Justis

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 243
  • illinoying
Re: Things You Are Stoked On But Not Stoked On
« Reply #5970 on: January 03, 2020, 06:17:49 PM »
Was home for the holidays after 2 years of being an idiot, craving some new terrain but home is so comfortable

doublesteveburger

« Reply #5971 on: January 03, 2020, 06:43:02 PM »
I think I’m in love with an idiot

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 639
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #5972 on: January 04, 2020, 07:18:59 PM »
Getting divorced.

Stoked to no longer have a wife that wasn't really a partner and was always creating financial/emotional chaos (after short bursts of being awesome).

Bummed, she got diagnosed with bipolar II 2 weeks prior to relationship ending. Maybe, her meds would have changed everything?
« Last Edit: January 04, 2020, 07:20:34 PM by TheLurper »

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

JohnnySaintLethal

• Rep: 15
« Reply #5973 on: January 06, 2020, 03:32:28 PM »
2020 ushered in some great experiences so far. I met this girl from tinder and we hit it off instantly. I’m surprised because of how much shitty luck I’ve had with it in the past, when it comes to dating. She moved from the Midwest out here to philly and doesn’t know anyone so we’ve just spent a lot of time together already. Everything has been really awesome and I’m super happy for the first time in a long while.

Last night we were out though and she found out an old roommates dog is sick and going to get put down soon. She got a little drunk, and she’s also on her period. So she was being super emotional. She tells me she’s not sure what she’s really looking for yet and how it feels like we’re moving fast. Blah blah she was in a shitty relationship with an addict about a year ago and I guess she’s still hurt from it. her mom passed away a few years ago. She is currently looking for a new job in the city. So maybe she just got hit with some overwhelming emotions.

I told her listen look at us we’re having a fun time right? I’m not pressuring her into jumping into a relationship right off the bat. Let’s just keep riding this wave I think we’ve both been having fun and then let’s just take it from where it goes. I told her I was in the same shoes a few years ago with a toxic relationship etc I get it. I get it’s scary liking someone new in a new city where you don’t know many people. So I’m not sure if I got through to her a little bit, she still slept over and isn’t really giving off any different vibes. Says she likes me a lot too and she’s been having a great time. so I guess she’s just in a vulnerable spot.

Its been in my head since and I don’t want it to show towards her, just keep being confident and have fun with her. But I’m not trying to get hurt either so I guess we’ll see how it goesss

Shalom brothers

« Last Edit: January 06, 2020, 03:36:18 PM by JohnnySaintLethal »

50mm

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 267
  • Take a chance, Columbus did!
« Reply #5974 on: January 06, 2020, 05:49:16 PM »
Getting divorced.

Stoked to no longer have a wife that wasn't really a partner and was always creating financial/emotional chaos (after short bursts of being awesome).

Bummed, she got diagnosed with bipolar II 2 weeks prior to relationship ending. Maybe, her meds would have changed everything?
No they probably wouldn't have. Before you even said bipolar I was already thinking of it. Been there, done that, be glad you are getting out at all.

hangontoyourego

« Reply #5975 on: January 06, 2020, 06:53:09 PM »
2020 ushered in some great experiences so far. I met this girl from tinder and we hit it off instantly. I’m surprised because of how much shitty luck I’ve had with it in the past, when it comes to dating. She moved from the Midwest out here to philly and doesn’t know anyone so we’ve just spent a lot of time together already. Everything has been really awesome and I’m super happy for the first time in a long while.

Last night we were out though and she found out an old roommates dog is sick and going to get put down soon. She got a little drunk, and she’s also on her period. So she was being super emotional. She tells me she’s not sure what she’s really looking for yet and how it feels like we’re moving fast. Blah blah she was in a shitty relationship with an addict about a year ago and I guess she’s still hurt from it. her mom passed away a few years ago. She is currently looking for a new job in the city. So maybe she just got hit with some overwhelming emotions.

I told her listen look at us we’re having a fun time right? I’m not pressuring her into jumping into a relationship right off the bat. Let’s just keep riding this wave I think we’ve both been having fun and then let’s just take it from where it goes. I told her I was in the same shoes a few years ago with a toxic relationship etc I get it. I get it’s scary liking someone new in a new city where you don’t know many people. So I’m not sure if I got through to her a little bit, she still slept over and isn’t really giving off any different vibes. Says she likes me a lot too and she’s been having a great time. so I guess she’s just in a vulnerable spot.

Its been in my head since and I don’t want it to show towards her, just keep being confident and have fun with her. But I’m not trying to get hurt either so I guess we’ll see how it goesss

Shalom brothers
Oh man I’ve been there several times . Good luck & hope it works out . Over the years it’s been far and few between where me and the woman have been on the same page when we start dating . Prob communication has always been a factor on my part .

doublesteveburger

« Reply #5976 on: January 07, 2020, 10:30:11 PM »
I think I’m in love with an idiot

Ah fuck I’m definitely in love with an idiot. God damnit.

Dr-Feelgood

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 45
  • Hello, i love you, won't you tell me your name?
« Reply #5977 on: January 08, 2020, 08:28:46 PM »
I worked overtime about a month ago at work, only took 4 hours to do the job but i get paid for 6 hours at $60 + an hour, anyway they forgot to put it in my last paycheque which is bullshit but im getting it in the next paycheque so feels like its a little savings

We may not know what skateboarding is
But we sure as hell know what it aint
Wait we know what it is now too -
Falling down and gettin back up

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #5978 on: January 08, 2020, 11:38:29 PM »
Expand Quote
Getting divorced.

[close]
No they probably wouldn't have. Before you even said bipolar I was already thinking of it. Been there, done that, be glad you are getting out at all.

Thanks man, I appreciate it.

I'm super bummed, but stoked at the same time.

She was the absolute best woman to date, but it was a nightmare to be married to her. Her chaos, student loans, lack of consideration for the future, etc. didn't matter while dating because it was just fun, but once married, man none of the shit helped anything (and her parents left me to deal with everything on my own).

"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

cosmicgypsies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 632
« Reply #5979 on: January 09, 2020, 05:06:20 AM »
popped a fakie disaster and somehow ended up in noseblunt

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #5980 on: January 09, 2020, 08:43:36 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Getting divorced.

[close]
[close]

She was the absolute best woman to date, but it was a nightmare to be married to her. Her chaos, student loans, lack of consideration for the future, etc. didn't matter while dating because it was just fun, but once married, man none of the shit helped anything (and her parents left me to deal with everything on my own).

I really have no idea why society doesn't put the proper emphasis on the financial side of getting married. Both my parents and my wife's parents taught us nothing about money. Even simple things like the importance of keeping a high credit score never discussed. We had some issues that we found out about after being married, but luckily it wasn't anything that was too expensive and stressful. My wife owed a few grand in student loans that she defaulted on and her debt was taken out of our tax refund last year. We still got a refund, just not the full amount of what we expected, but she's paid off now and we can move forward.

My buddy though, I kinda wish I could tell him that getting married is a huge mistake for him. Both of them work in retail and don't make that great of money. I've overheard that she's six figures in student loan debt, and I don't know how anyone could afford to pay that off in their lifetime working retail. I think she has a degree, but is unmotivated to go out and compete for jobs in that field. Having a great relationship might be something people consider priceless, but jumping into that much debt with someone sure puts pressure on your future.

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5981 on: January 09, 2020, 07:18:10 PM »

I really have no idea why society doesn't put the proper emphasis on the financial side of getting married. Both my parents and my wife's parents taught us nothing about money. Even simple things like the importance of keeping a high credit score never discussed. We had some issues that we found out about after being married, but luckily it wasn't anything that was too expensive and stressful. My wife owed a few grand in student loans that she defaulted on and her debt was taken out of our tax refund last year. We still got a refund, just not the full amount of what we expected, but she's paid off now and we can move forward.

My buddy though, I kinda wish I could tell him that getting married is a huge mistake for him. Both of them work in retail and don't make that great of money. I've overheard that she's six figures in student loan debt, and I don't know how anyone could afford to pay that off in their lifetime working retail. I think she has a degree, but is unmotivated to go out and compete for jobs in that field. Having a great relationship might be something people consider priceless, but jumping into that much debt with someone sure puts pressure on your future.

I couldn't even imagine being married to anyone other than a doctor, lawyer, or some other high earner with that kind of debt. How does someone keep up with the interest payments? I mean if someone owed 100K and their interest rate was 5%, the interest alone would be $417 a month. (My student loans were at 6.8%, which fucking sucked.)

My ex-wife had to pay about $150 in interest each month and every time she missed a payment she was like, "Don't worry there isn't a fee if I don't pay on time." And, I was like, "No, you just added $150 to your principal, every time you are a month late you basically add another month of being in debt." 
« Last Edit: January 09, 2020, 07:38:46 PM by TheLurper »

ClownOfTheDay

• Rep: -17
  • I miss Assflea
« Reply #5982 on: January 15, 2020, 07:54:51 AM »
Might be moving back to SF this summer, I miss my family out there, plus I want to explore northern California, like Eureka and find myself a nice little place by the ocean with a lady from the sea.

50mm

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5983 on: January 15, 2020, 08:42:40 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Getting divorced.

[close]
[close]

[close]

Yeah getting debt and shit handled is a big reason why my gf and I are holding off.

os89

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1182
« Reply #5984 on: January 16, 2020, 03:55:32 AM »
Really stoked to finally be off oxys for the past few days, but also not fucking stoked on how absolutely shitty I feel. Been really tough, haven't even been getting on slap much at all. I appreciate you guys here who gave some good advice. Feel like a few more days and I'll be a bit more energetic... Hopefully. I still want to run out and get more 30s first chance I get, but I'm really doing my best not to. This shit is not easy. Shalom.

Mystical Leader

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -134
« Reply #5985 on: January 16, 2020, 04:05:13 AM »
Been in some kind of slump emotionally...

... Like I'm doing what I like, things are moving forward, I get shit done but at the same time I'm miserable..

Am I doing it wrong? Do I really like what I am doing? What's going on? What even is doing these days?

Stoked to have my art projects and work thriving, not stoked on the emotional toll it has taken on me..

ClownOfTheDay

• Rep: -17
  • I miss Assflea
« Reply #5986 on: January 16, 2020, 05:40:54 AM »
Been in some kind of slump emotionally...

... Like I'm doing what I like, things are moving forward, I get shit done but at the same time I'm miserable..

Am I doing it wrong? Do I really like what I am doing? What's going on? What even is doing these days?

Stoked to have my art projects and work thriving, not stoked on the emotional toll it has taken on me..
I've been feeling the same way, the thing that really helps is writing. I've done some poetry and I think it helps, I'm currently between a family civil war and I can't seem to choose a place to reside. In Iowa I feel so alone and I can't get the help I need, when I was back home in SF I had an awesome therapist and I had my family to support me but I hated the people out there. Pretentious, and so "special" but people are like that everywhere I learned. I moved to Iowa to get a break from everything but realized the problems followed me and I should'a just toughened up and faced them. I've been having dreams and it feels like my subconscious  has been telling me to go back.

50mm

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5987 on: January 16, 2020, 07:55:37 AM »
Really stoked to finally be off oxys for the past few days, but also not fucking stoked on how absolutely shitty I feel. Been really tough, haven't even been getting on slap much at all. I appreciate you guys here who gave some good advice. Feel like a few more days and I'll be a bit more energetic... Hopefully. I still want to run out and get more 30s first chance I get, but I'm really doing my best not to. This shit is not easy. Shalom.
Just take it minute by minute and stay busy. Go to a meeting if you have to. I can’t imagine the physical discomfort your going through. I was taking a few norcos a day for months and even just that shit the first day the withdrawals hit was unlike anything. I felt like I had the flu and had also been in a car accident.

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 335
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #5988 on: January 16, 2020, 08:17:22 AM »
Getting out of my current sharehouse. The place and the people just aren't for me. Downside is I will potentially be homeless. Been there before but i'm anxious.

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1493
  • Illusion Flip
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #5989 on: January 16, 2020, 10:59:49 AM »
Completed two more projects to skate on yesterday.

It required mixing five bags of concrete by hand, alone. Now, I have blisters. One is on my right palm and is oozing.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2020, 11:14:23 AM by layzieyez »

DarthDingusMaximus

« Reply #5990 on: January 16, 2020, 11:39:39 AM »
Went to my local park today and got my ledge tricks dialed, I find it hard to actually skate with someone albeit street skating.

When it comes to skating I hit everything inbetween not just one places or the other I really enjoy the search for potential spots.

the younger generation really doesn't know how easy they've got it.

DirtyBurger

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 116
« Reply #5991 on: January 16, 2020, 05:13:07 PM »
I got a raise this week, but I've been considering looking for a new job. I think the lady I work for sensed it and now it seems kind of awkward.

Leggy

• Rep: 1
« Reply #5992 on: January 16, 2020, 05:21:19 PM »
On vacation with my girl in Europe. Been an awesome trip so far. At the same time I’m sort of having an identity crisis and it seems like my girl is as well.

It’s a combo of

Being far removed from my daily routine

Experiencing a lot of well dressed, confident, bi-lingual, smart people who seem to have their shit together.

It’s an eye opener experiencing other people outside of my little suburban town. It’s refreshing and inspiring to see how where I’m from isn’t a representation of everywhere else and there are other ways to be and live.

While I currently feel unsure about everything from my clothes and hair cut to my job and hobbies. I am excited to get back home and make some changes in my life. Hoping the feeling of getting broken down will be a start to get built back up. But yeah as an adult to feel this way kind of sucks but I’m definitely taking it as a sign that some shit needs to change in my life.

50mm

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5993 on: January 16, 2020, 06:59:06 PM »
On vacation with my girl in Europe. Been an awesome trip so far. At the same time I’m sort of having an identity crisis and it seems like my girl is as well.

It’s a combo of

Being far removed from my daily routine

Experiencing a lot of well dressed, confident, bi-lingual, smart people who seem to have their shit together.

It’s an eye opener experiencing other people outside of my little suburban town. It’s refreshing and inspiring to see how where I’m from isn’t a representation of everywhere else and there are other ways to be and live.

While I currently feel unsure about everything from my clothes and hair cut to my job and hobbies. I am excited to get back home and make some changes in my life. Hoping the feeling of getting broken down will be a start to get built back up. But yeah as an adult to feel this way kind of sucks but I’m definitely taking it as a sign that some shit needs to change in my life.
Dude you're taking a trip to Europe, you gotta kind of have it together? You're in another country, if they came here they might say, holy shit everyone is so laid back they don't have to wear these bullshit suits.

Everywhere you go will be different. You sound happy about it though, so good for you. But I've gotten that feeling from seeing people I know succeed. Be honest with yourselves when you come back and ask if you are fucking up in life or you just got to see some fancy people. I know a lot of people that dress nice, are bi-lingual, have their shit together and I wouldn't be able to be around them for 30 seconds.

straight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 992
« Reply #5994 on: January 16, 2020, 07:29:31 PM »

good for you dude . rooting for you i like your posts
What kind of mikey taylor logic is this?

50mm

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5995 on: January 16, 2020, 07:48:10 PM »
Stoked I have a job interview coming up, not stoked that I'm gonna cut all my hair off tomorrow for it. Snip snip.

I like to look like a bum, wear hats and big jackets, but I gotta clean up (which I do well) for it. My interview isn't for another two weeks but I wont have time to get a cut besides this weekend. Everyone is gonna put me on the spot next week at work.

At least it will be easier to get ready in the morning and my girlfriend will be happy.

os89

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1182
« Reply #5996 on: January 18, 2020, 04:39:59 AM »
Thanks guys, but I fucked up again yesterday. :-\ Just still really struggling with this shit. I plan to stay put for a few days and not leave the house. Finally came clean with my girlfriend and told her everything. She was not very happy I've been lying to her but was also glad I actually did tell her. I don't blame her for being pissed at all, it just feels good not to be hiding it from her anymore. That was just making me feel even worse.

authentic_creed_bratton

• Rep: 36
« Reply #5997 on: January 18, 2020, 06:13:55 AM »
That sounds like a bigger step forward than you realize, good job dude. For real. Dont beat yourself up for sliding backward, today is a new day, all that shit
🤙

doublesteveburger

« Reply #5998 on: January 18, 2020, 07:52:22 AM »
5 hour layover in Denver. Never been here. Still feels like I’m not here. But I’m here, baby.

cute spooky pony with red eyes

lady fanny

• Rep: -52
« Reply #5999 on: January 18, 2020, 08:01:20 AM »
5 hour layover in Denver. Never been here. Still feels like I’m not here. But I’m here, baby.

cute spooky pony with red eyes
oh that airport w/ all the illuminati artwork? Jesse the Body took us there a while back. take some pictures.
Lady Fanny from Omaha