Author Topic: Things You Are Stoked On But Not Stoked On  (Read 720917 times)

braksabbath

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 192
Re: Things You Are Stoked On But Not Stoked On
« Reply #6660 on: January 20, 2022, 01:39:41 PM »
The local indoor park is a thriving small business that’s also the only scooter shop in the metro area

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 863
« Reply #6661 on: January 23, 2022, 03:59:11 PM »
Supermarket only had one register open so had to wait like 30mins in line. It's a relatively new store that has 18 registers and 4 express ones. In the 4 years it's been open I've never seen more than two registers open and never seen the express open at all.
Anyway in line and this full esh piece of shit in front of me is loudly sooking the whole time just being so obnoxious then when it's finally his turn he is giving the teenage girl at the register so much shit then turns his head and spits. But he had forgotten he was wearing a mask so just looks like the biggest clown in front of the twenty other people in line

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 952
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #6662 on: January 27, 2022, 10:43:28 AM »
My son pulled an ancient set up (Justin Brock with my old 129s) out of the garage and asked if he could use it to start skating in the Spring (full blown winter here) - so there's the stoked part. But he's 14 so he'll probably lose all interest once it's above freezing.

Congratulations! I usually start kids with hill bomb. I feel like it’s the most important trick to learn. I feel like when they master switch hill bomb they no longer are new to skateboarding. 
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

friendly dave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 741
  • grinding to a halt
    • grindingtoahalt avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #6663 on: January 27, 2022, 01:51:11 PM »
Covid test came back negative. So that just means I'm regular sick.
Because you can't kill and idea, and we will not be ruled!

the visuals are also mad visual yo
FTW

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 706
« Reply #6664 on: January 28, 2022, 12:16:08 AM »
Covid test came back negative. So that just means I'm regular sick.

Lol I know that feeling - being sick and everybody worries and then you turn out to be negative and everbody is like "great for you", but you're still sick. It's like any other illness doesn't count. Get well soon.
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 952
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #6665 on: January 28, 2022, 07:14:25 AM »
My brother kicked me out. I have two weeks to get my things out.

I just started college two days ago.

I told mutual friends and my counselor at all these things would happen and they did.

I first threatened to fight me then he chose to call the cops when he realized that I would not have fought back.

The kids must NOT learn to act like this and if they do it’s NOT my doing. I teach communication NOT abuse.

My brother abuses every one.

This was all over me taking part of MY drum kit out to record in the studio.

I have no fucking idea what to do.

I can’t frickin take legal action against my family no matter what they do.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #6666 on: February 02, 2022, 02:22:59 AM »
^

that's so fucked, have you made progress finding something or have things mellowed out maybe?

i'm looking for jobs and i hate looking for jobs, but amongst others i applied for a place run by a guy i used to work for who was pretty cool and i think i have a good chance of landing the gig. but i'm generally stressed out because no matter how petty the job or pay is, i always have anxiety attacks when i have to go the introduction meeting. today i had an appointment that i missed because they basically sent me the wrong place to go to and no phone number to call. i found out the actual place when i was already way late, and also when i was at the place i just had a bad feeling so i said fuck it.

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 639
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #6667 on: February 10, 2022, 10:27:09 AM »
New job.

Last job was boring in a lot of ways, job turned to shit as soon as they called us back into the office, and the pay was less than fair remuneration, and I was always working. BUT, I had a lot of vacation time, it was a super safe career path, the 401K matching was amazing (2 dollars for every dollar I pitched in but only up to 2K per year) and the hours were very very flexible. I bailed when the boss told me that my promotion would only lead to some bullshit raise that wouldn't change my life at all.

New job pays almost double the last job, it is 100% remote, and it could lead to a job that pays well enough to actually enjoy life in SF or Vancouver without 60 roommates. But, I lost a lot of vacation time and the job is going to be insanely boring.

My life revolved around my old job for so long, it'll be weird to have to develop a new sense of self.

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6668 on: February 10, 2022, 10:34:06 AM »
Been binge watching degrassi high (the 85-90 one). It's a show that I enjoy and means a lot to me but it's pretty fucking chat for an adult to go  regression session that hard.

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1422
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #6669 on: February 10, 2022, 01:52:52 PM »
Costco no fat Greek yogurt. I eat a lot if yogurt. Lunch is yogurt, granola, banana m-f. So buy 2 big ass tubs of organic Greek from costco. 1/2 price of the Nancy's organic...

Shit is thick like sour cream and I've got a bunch yo eat before its gone.

Its cheap and has a shit ton of protein
Well-defined ambiguity, I'm already on somebody's list as a casualty

Lame_Nigga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -3
  • Just a lame nigga who can't kickflip
« Reply #6670 on: February 13, 2022, 12:31:08 PM »
I’ve been planning on leaving my job in March because it is sucking the life out of me, but I planned on waiting until we get our yearly bonuses in early March. Well they just announced that in July the entire company is boosting their min wage to $23 an hour, which is a $3 pay raise for me.

Stoked on the pay raise but now I know I’m stuck because I’ll be hard pressed to find a remote service job that pays that.

Morning Jazz Radio

• Rep: 20
  • Have your coffee with some jazz!
« Reply #6671 on: February 14, 2022, 05:33:37 PM »
Went to the beach on Sunday with my dog (I live in SoCal). Brought my wetsuit to do a little bodysurfing, water was cold but super refreshing. I don't swim with my glasses and I don't wear contacts, but this surfer was yelling "whale, whale, whale." I was like fuck I can't see (I'm near sighted). I squint super hard and see a large blurry shape moving, so I hurry up back to the beach, put on my glasses and nothing. I guess it passed through within the time it took to get my glasses. My dog was like what's going on? Sucks having shitty vision, but stoked on being in the water while a whale was passing through.

realbasedgod112

• Rep: 80
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #6672 on: February 14, 2022, 05:36:36 PM »
the other day, i asked out a girl that i had been hung up on for a month or two. it wasn't valentines day, so maybe it lacked the romance that could have swayed her response.
if the previous sentence wasn't enough of an indication, she declined the offer. while i was bummed at first, it has cleared up a lot of space in my mind that i surrendered to the classic 'what if/maybe she' cycle.
besides, now that we're talking less i might finally learn tre flips.
y’all not fuckin with what i’m fuckin with

realbasedgod112

« Reply #6673 on: February 14, 2022, 05:38:30 PM »
Went to the beach on Sunday with my dog (I live in SoCal). Brought my wetsuit to do a little bodysurfing, water was cold but super refreshing. I don't swim with my glasses and I don't wear contacts, but this surfer was yelling "whale, whale, whale." I was like fuck I can't see (I'm near sighted). I squint super hard and see a large blurry shape moving, so I hurry up back to the beach, put on my glasses and nothing. I guess it passed through within the time it took to get my glasses. My dog was like what's going on? Sucks having shitty vision, but stoked on being in the water while a whale was passing through.
while seeing it would have been a big bonus, it sounds awesome being in the water with/near a whale. it's kind of a reminder that the sea isn't ours, we're just using it. if you think about it, that is. i've been thinking about a lot of things today.

Morning Jazz Radio

« Reply #6674 on: February 14, 2022, 06:02:13 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
while seeing it would have been a big bonus, it sounds awesome being in the water with/near a whale. it's kind of a reminder that the sea isn't ours, we're just using it. if you think about it, that is. i've been thinking about a lot of things today.
I know, wish I could have seen the whale. I seriously think about that too. Nature is magical, and it fuckin sucks how much plastic trash is floating throughout the ocean. I've been doing pretty well avoiding having to use single-use plastics. I'd like to go zero-waste at some point. Anyway, I'm stoked for you about the clearing your head and getting to those tre flips. Have fun out there!!!

codymacfan

• Rep: 21
« Reply #6675 on: February 15, 2022, 01:39:58 PM »
I got a promotion and pay raise a few months ago, but ever since I started the new, heavier work load I’ve pretty much hated it. Lost all my motivation to do it well.

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6676 on: February 15, 2022, 02:02:03 PM »

You go out without glasses or contacts? That sounds terrifying. How do you avoid dropping in on someone or even having any idea what is going on in general?

"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 802
« Reply #6677 on: February 15, 2022, 03:20:13 PM »
I started full time school for lab science and it’s killing me.  It’s like 10 different classes at once, a lot of labs, really dense material, several exams a week every week, 10 hour+ study days.  Im not doing great in all of the subjects, but Im passing everything  with nothing lower than a C so far (D and lower is failing).  I tried this program a few years ago and dropped out.  I was lucky to get back in.  Not sure how I’m surviving, but I hope I can keep it up. 
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

Morning Jazz Radio

« Reply #6678 on: February 15, 2022, 09:44:50 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

You go out without glasses or contacts? That sounds terrifying. How do you avoid dropping in on someone or even having any idea what is going on in general?

I was just bodysurfing, no board. I'm able to see shapes in the distance and gauge the distance from where I am. My optometrist said I should get some goggles with my eye prescription. I should probably look into the custom goggles.

grimcity

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2214
  • computer says no
« Reply #6679 on: February 16, 2022, 03:07:30 PM »
I've been fortunate and lucky enough to work from home since the pandemic hit New Orleans during Mardi Gras about two years ago.

I work in infectious disease, so my home office is more office than home now (not to mention... fuck Covid).

realbasedgod112

« Reply #6680 on: February 17, 2022, 09:38:37 PM »
i saw a wedge tailed eagle on the side of the road coming home today eating a kangaroo
unfortunately it was the kangaroo that i hit that morning

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 166
« Reply #6681 on: February 17, 2022, 11:02:36 PM »
I started full time school for lab science and it’s killing me.  It’s like 10 different classes at once, a lot of labs, really dense material, several exams a week every week, 10 hour+ study days.  Im not doing great in all of the subjects, but Im passing everything  with nothing lower than a C so far (D and lower is failing).  I tried this program a few years ago and dropped out.  I was lucky to get back in.  Not sure how I’m surviving, but I hope I can keep it up.
You can do it man. It's all about embracing the suck. I'm currently looking at two more years of undergrad on a pre-physician assistant track, which is essentially the same track as pre med, save for taking a calculus course. And I'm working full time.

One thing that has been a saving grace for me as a non-traditional student has been you tube. A lot of shit that gets discussed in higher level science and medical courses goes right over my head on the first go around, but with you tube I can almost always find a video that will explain it to me in a way that makes sense for me.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #6682 on: February 18, 2022, 04:46:10 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
You can do it man. It's all about embracing the suck. I'm currently looking at two more years of undergrad on a pre-physician assistant track, which is essentially the same track as pre med, save for taking a calculus course. And I'm working full time.

One thing that has been a saving grace for me as a non-traditional student has been you tube. A lot of shit that gets discussed in higher level science and medical courses goes right over my head on the first go around, but with you tube I can almost always find a video that will explain it to me in a way that makes sense for me.

yeah youtube is a godsend. without channels like 2blue1brown or professor leonard i would be so lost at maths. they explain that stuff way better than my professors.

TheBoognish

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
« Reply #6683 on: February 18, 2022, 04:57:53 AM »
We just got hit by a snowstorm so I took the day off (fuck driving 36km to work in that shit), but I still have a garage appointment at 2pm for new breaks, so like it or not, I still have to go out today. I'd rather spend the day gaming and getting baked.

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6684 on: February 18, 2022, 02:19:16 PM »
Fucking around in Redwood City today. It is a fun place.

Looked into renting a place here... the rents are completely insane. Redwood City makes Vancouver look like a cheap place to live.

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1422
« Reply #6685 on: February 21, 2022, 02:03:38 PM »
new neighbors got a flock of chickens and a rooster. mean son of a bitch that's been waking me up too early. Not stoked.

found out where one of the hens has been laying eggs on my rental property. snagged 18 free, fresh eggs yesterday. same hen was tucked away in the same blackberry thicket this morning.
Well-defined ambiguity, I'm already on somebody's list as a casualty

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 802
« Reply #6686 on: February 21, 2022, 04:07:17 PM »

Looked into renting a place here... the rents are completely insane. Redwood City makes Vancouver look like a cheap place to live.

Used to work there like 20 years ago.  Went to some girl’s nice, but modest home, and she casually mentioned her parents had it in the market for like 3 mil.  First time being around real money and it kind of disturbed me

The job was a telemarketing gig which turned out to be a real estate scam by some guy that bought almost all of Woodside before the tech boom.  We were basically convincing people to invest their retirement accounts in buy land in Lancaster/Palmdale with the hope that the same appreciation would take place there
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6687 on: February 21, 2022, 07:20:47 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Used to work there like 20 years ago.  Went to some girl’s nice, but modest home, and she casually mentioned her parents had it in the market for like 3 mil.  First time being around real money and it kind of disturbed me

The job was a telemarketing gig which turned out to be a real estate scam by some guy that bought almost all of Woodside before the tech boom.  We were basically convincing people to invest their retirement accounts in buy land in Lancaster/Palmdale with the hope that the same appreciation would take place there

Can you imagine what that house is worth now?

Did you work here?

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #6688 on: February 22, 2022, 09:09:13 AM »
new neighbors got a flock of chickens and a rooster. mean son of a bitch that's been waking me up too early. Not stoked.

found out where one of the hens has been laying eggs on my rental property. snagged 18 free, fresh eggs yesterday. same hen was tucked away in the same blackberry thicket this morning.

nice one

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6689 on: February 22, 2022, 09:23:39 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

nice one
That could mean some eggs have probably been outside for over 18 days. Careful.