Author Topic: Things You Are Stoked On But Not Stoked On  (Read 711714 times)

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1381
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Things You Are Stoked On But Not Stoked On
« Reply #6600 on: October 16, 2021, 07:26:16 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
got a couch for the first time in my adult life last week. I've always had floor seats or cushions to sit on, or at the kitchen table. So it's kind of cool to be sprawled on the couch right now. And, it sucks because it's awful for my back to be slouched on a couch. already, my hips hate it.
[close]

Yeah gotta be careful. Since covid started I probably spend 10x more time sitting on the couch. But now it's at a point where I can't sit anywhere else for long before my back starts killing.
[close]

i am so getting a big ass couch whenever i will live without a roommate again. like one of those fat l-shaped ones that are basically a bed with a backrest and with a couch on the side. i sometimes watch louis rossman videos and he sits in this enormous padded chair that makes him look like a midget. i want these things.

the 2nd hand store where I got the couch had a giant, circular swiveling padded chair. it was less expensive and I thought it was cooler, but my partner paid and had the final say ;)
Well-defined ambiguity, I'm already on somebody's list as a casualty

Mean salto

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 855
« Reply #6601 on: October 17, 2021, 12:26:20 PM »
Watched this movie "shadow in the cloud" it's legit the worst fucking thing ever.

But I watched it with my mum and older sisters who don't give a shit about critiquing movies (will generally say something like "omg who gives a shit just watch it nerd" if you point out something is bad) but they were absolutely losing their shit getting angry/yelling at the tv at how bad the movie was. (Which was very fun for me)

For anyone who hasn't seen it (and I absolutely do NOT recommend it) it's a movie that tries so hard for women empowerment that it actually is negative for feminism. (Or that's the jist of what was being yelled at the screen)

Hinna

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 74
« Reply #6602 on: October 17, 2021, 08:38:51 PM »
only 90something melees to go in pubg

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 333
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #6603 on: October 18, 2021, 06:57:08 AM »
got a couch for the first time in my adult life last week. I've always had floor seats or cushions to sit on, or at the kitchen table. So it's kind of cool to be sprawled on the couch right now. And, it sucks because it's awful for my back to be slouched on a couch. already, my hips hate it.

I lived like this for years too. I'm finding the transition to be a difficult one. It's kind of uncomfortable to sit on a couch. It feels like a huge statement haha.

Friends always think i'm weird because I prefer a cushion on the floor. After years of squatting houses and living with minimal stuff it's a hard habit to break.

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1473
  • Illusion Flip
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #6604 on: October 19, 2021, 06:46:04 PM »
Pulled something in my right calf. Stoked I'm skateboarding hard enough to push my body's limits still. I need to make sure to warm up and stretch more since the temperature is starting to go down.

IUTSM

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #6605 on: October 19, 2021, 08:07:53 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I lived like this for years too. I'm finding the transition to be a difficult one. It's kind of uncomfortable to sit on a couch. It feels like a huge statement haha.

Friends always think i'm weird because I prefer a cushion on the floor. After years of squatting houses and living with minimal stuff it's a hard habit to break.

totally. I'm sitting on the 30 year old Volkswagen van bench seat in the corner, across from the couch right now. this German foam seat is more ergonomically aligned than the dang modern couch.

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 646
« Reply #6606 on: October 25, 2021, 09:51:52 AM »
Fucked up a job interview today.

The job would have been a dramatic change in my life and an exciting adventure.

But, it would have been in the middle of Siberia. And, even though living in Siberia would be a crazy adventure, it probably would have sucked as well.

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6607 on: October 31, 2021, 11:23:24 PM »
In my attempt to become Morrissey:

My job interview went better than expected and the company wants to fly me out to Siberia for a final interview.

Fuck me, hanging out in Moscow, Sochi, or St. Petes is one thing, but fucking Siberia, I'm not sure I can hang, but I feel like if I don't go I'll miss out on some crazy ass life adventure.

« Last Edit: October 31, 2021, 11:55:51 PM by TheLurper »

"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

Hinna

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6608 on: November 01, 2021, 04:05:03 PM »
sounds kinda gnarly. like what was the jerb. whats there to do in siberia other than shoveling snow

Sharp-o

• Rep: -6
  • WAH! Haippia spotille!
« Reply #6609 on: November 02, 2021, 12:23:38 AM »
My first day of work is tomorrow.
I'm lovin it kinda

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6610 on: November 02, 2021, 02:45:31 PM »
sounds kinda gnarly. like what was the jerb. whats there to do in siberia other than shoveling snow

Oil and gas is really big out there, but they are trying to diversify and modernize their economy. I'd have some standard white collar job that isn't in the oil or gas industry. The company seems fun, but it is still operating within the boundaries of the Russian system.

It is a four hour plane ride from Moscow to Tomsk. Siberia really is the absolute middle of nowhere. It is frightening how far away it is from the rest of the world (which is part of the adventure).

The key draw is the adventure, but then again, I've been to a middle of nowhere Russian town before (Kursk) and a week there was long enough. And, even though Kursk is 2.5 hours from Moscow via plane, Kursk is at least on the European side of the Ural Mountains.

Hinna

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6611 on: November 02, 2021, 03:10:37 PM »
that woulda been inspiring to say at the least. dog sled 10 miles to the office each morning then write a novel at night by a lamp. i wonder if anyone there sk8s

Coastal Fever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 510
« Reply #6612 on: November 02, 2021, 04:49:42 PM »
Had a mini meltdown because I overloaded our dryer then it died and I couldn’t get it to turn on.  Was looking at repair quotes, pricing out new ones, about to go buy a multimeter to tear it apart and check wires, etc…

Then my girlfriend switched out the blown fuse in the panel box and fixed it.  To say I was humbled is an understatement.

LUGR

• Rep: 47
« Reply #6613 on: November 03, 2021, 04:09:50 AM »
^She is a keeper.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #6614 on: November 03, 2021, 10:56:05 PM »
i was looking for hiking or trail shoes online and almost slipped and ended up ordering nikes. they got air mowabbs on the site, but i couldn't finish the order process. actually tried a couple of times. i wanted the purple one so bad. now i'm kind of glad i couldn't buy them. the money was meant for something waterproof. the shoes are sick, but nike sucks and it's probably a hint from karma that i shouldn't budge.

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 459
« Reply #6615 on: November 04, 2021, 03:11:51 AM »
That’s sick @Coastal Fever
Electricity is some black magic type shit her dad must be a sparky
Keeper
listen to cosmic psychos

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #6616 on: November 04, 2021, 07:36:10 AM »
i found the mowabbs on another site and ordered them. stoked on my first pair of shoes since over two years.

EDIT: this is wrong, i bought nb tiagos last year. but the last pair before that was august 2019. i guess that's an ok quota for minimizing shoe consumption. i've been skating random shoes from my stock of random shoes i got for free or still have from wayback.

i guess i shouldn't be stoked i have become a total hypocrite.

i thought about letting them sit to resell, but i gotta rock these shits. they complement my ongoing plan to assemble an all purple/pink/rose outfit super well.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2021, 09:40:44 AM by Frank »

Hinna

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6617 on: November 04, 2021, 10:27:49 AM »
the truth. but every day alive is a blessing

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 459
« Reply #6618 on: November 05, 2021, 06:59:39 PM »
You can hear her femur break shits crazy

https://streamable.com/hs5kz5
listen to cosmic psychos

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1152
  • old and in the way
« Reply #6619 on: November 06, 2021, 11:21:47 AM »
I've had a crazy year with surgery, medical health, mental health, separating from my ex, and not being healthy enough to skateboard. But oh boy this month has messed me up and I was leaning heavy into some suicidal ideation, but then there were these incredible moments of stillness and hope that kept me tethered.
Yesterday I emailed my supervisor about Covid exposure concerns since a coworkers and clients frequently go unmasked in a very close indoor proximity and one of them had recently got a covid exposure alert, and nobody discussed anything with me. At the end of the day my employer asked me into her office and very coldly lied to my face about the situation and then fired me. I haven't really ever been fired as an adult and it fucked me up. I still work part time at another gallery next store and I'm so uncomfortable to be within the proximity of such a toxic place.
I've already got a new freelance job at a much better place, so I'm trying to be grateful, but also WTF?
*Sigh
« Last Edit: November 06, 2021, 09:20:56 PM by funeral_tuxedo »

IUTSM

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6620 on: November 06, 2021, 08:13:11 PM »
finally got to see an MD and not a NP or PA for the first time in the past 6 years. All the damn NP and PA I've seen reference webmd and stuff, for EVERYTHING I've gone in for and it's lead to some pretty crappy health outcomes. So getting to see and MD who grew up in this pretty isolated rural area and came back to serve the community is really, really pretty cool.

Stoked about the good doctor, that she's getting me into a pulmonologist, ordered a CT scan on my lungs, and is going to help me maybe get some extra nice care down via UC Davis or Standford where they're doing different stuff that we don't have access to.

not stoked that I'm considered a long haul covid patient and my lungs are fairly thrashed.

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 692
« Reply #6621 on: November 07, 2021, 12:12:42 AM »
finally got to see an MD and not a NP or PA for the first time in the past 6 years. All the damn NP and PA I've seen reference webmd and stuff, for EVERYTHING I've gone in for and it's lead to some pretty crappy health outcomes. So getting to see and MD who grew up in this pretty isolated rural area and came back to serve the community is really, really pretty cool.

Stoked about the good doctor, that she's getting me into a pulmonologist, ordered a CT scan on my lungs, and is going to help me maybe get some extra nice care down via UC Davis or Standford where they're doing different stuff that we don't have access to.

not stoked that I'm considered a long haul covid patient and my lungs are fairly thrashed.

Sorry to hear that. I hope you get the best care there is out there.
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

Brguy

« Reply #6622 on: November 07, 2021, 01:25:32 AM »
I've quit drinking this thursday, probably gonna quit smoking too, it's gonna be a rough few weeks before I feel mentally stable because of withdrawals and what not. The day I quit I couldn't even stand in silence for a few minutes without an uncontrolable urge to cry but I hope I'll feel fine by the end of it.

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 692
« Reply #6623 on: November 07, 2021, 03:59:18 AM »
I've quit drinking this thursday, probably gonna quit smoking too, it's gonna be a rough few weeks before I feel mentally stable because of withdrawals and what not. The day I quit I couldn't even stand in silence for a few minutes without an uncontrolable urge to cry but I hope I'll feel fine by the end of it.

It‘s the right thing to do even if it is tough in the beginning. You‘re not in this alone.

why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1152
  • old and in the way
« Reply #6624 on: November 07, 2021, 08:26:57 AM »

Hey @Brguy ,
Message me if you ever want to talk about this stuff with someone. It can be really a difficult process to stop drinking, and this may sound counterintuitive, but connecting with other people who are sober and talking about how you both feel can really help. Or that's been my experience. Congratulations! You're definitely not alone.

Brguy

« Reply #6625 on: November 07, 2021, 12:33:19 PM »
@Easy Slider @funeral_tuxedo

Thanks for the words. Funnily enough I might have not considered this without all the pros and pals preaching the sober life, it's good to feel that there's an alternative.

Lenny the Fatface

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 330
« Reply #6626 on: November 16, 2021, 01:47:48 PM »
I begrudgingly went to the funeral of my uncle’s business partner today…but it was pretty good and I’m glad I went.

He died relatively young (early 60s) but everyone had sick stories about how helpful he was, and how much he loved fishing and motorcycles, and how he was probably the only black NASCAR fan ever.

It was very encouraging and oddly very life affirming. It’s a bummer he passed, but it seemed like he was at peace with everyone in attendance.

Bunk Moreland

« Reply #6627 on: November 18, 2021, 10:58:27 AM »
Wearing a blue flannel and khaki pants to work; someone said I look like Debo.

French manicure

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 256
« Reply #6628 on: November 18, 2021, 11:08:07 AM »
Can finally get back on the board again after a bum knee BUT the weather is starting to get shitty and cold again.

Hinna

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6629 on: November 18, 2021, 03:34:01 PM »
set firm boundaries with yolandi. i do pity her though for reasons i wont even elaborate on