Author Topic: New Antihero full-length "Fantastic Voyage"  (Read 22950 times)

lurker_and_poster

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 26
Re: New Antihero full-length "Fantastic Voyage"
« Reply #180 on: December 30, 2022, 01:42:57 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
What happened to Peabody?  I caught a clip of his face but that’s it.
[close]
Builds skateparks for a living at Grindline I think.
[close]

I don't think he does skateparks anymore, just regular concrete.

Man he looks so old now though. He had such a good style 10 years ago. In a talkin' schmidt interview either Albino or Sean Gutierrez said he doesn't even skate anymore. Dude literally is out there workin like it's the 1920s

Construction work is no joke.

lurker_and_poster

« Reply #181 on: December 30, 2022, 01:51:47 AM »
Ok kids, typical old head moment here.
Julien stranger did what was potentially the first front board down a handrail. He also existed in the same era as Natas, Gonz, Vallely, Dressen, Templeton who were the foundation for street skating today.
Still actively on tours and skating hard unlike his counterparts who essentially threw in the towel years ago. That nose blunt is no joke for anyone, have a little respect.
Julien should have a pro board as long as he wants to. It’s earned and well deserved.
Ok back to berating doobie and pfanner.

Word concerning Julien.

About Doobie, I imagine he can be annoying to have him around. But if you know the south France / Montpellier / gypsy scene - he is the anti hero version of that area / scene. Anti hero’s are different.
The norm there of sexuality/ showing genitals is different to the north cal lifestyle. Never seen so much pussy / dick per month then while being in southfrance.

Pfanner is just great!

lurker_and_poster

« Reply #182 on: December 30, 2022, 01:52:26 AM »
Kinda crazy that we’re 7 pages into this thread and there has been no mention of Raney.

100% agree!

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 693
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #183 on: December 30, 2022, 04:55:35 AM »
Expand Quote
K I love BA a lot, but those four tricks are literally the only four tricks he does anymore.   I don’t need anything fancy from him, but the No comply tailslide/wallie/bs 180 impossible are verging on parody.   3 flip was really pretty.  I’ll leave it alone
[close]
we can't say "we just want to see our favorite aging pros skate! it doesn't have to be impressive!" and complain when they do just that

BA said on instagram he is working on a new part! thats why!!

schralp pal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 261
« Reply #184 on: December 30, 2022, 05:52:20 AM »
Expand Quote
Kinda crazy that we’re 7 pages into this thread and there has been no mention of Raney.
[close]

100% agree!

Gap to front smith at TI was insane

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1075
« Reply #185 on: December 30, 2022, 06:46:34 AM »
Where'd that motley crue tat go tony, the way of directed by jim greco neck hammers?

Few things in recent memory have aged more poorly than that ~00-05 obsession with 80s glam. I know some people who got caught up in that and I don't think a single one of them would admit it publicly. Every one those guys has a beard now and plays in a band which could be loosely termed "Americana".
« Last Edit: December 30, 2022, 12:45:05 PM by manysnakes »
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

mclovin1336

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 75
« Reply #186 on: December 30, 2022, 07:17:23 AM »
frank gerwer

gsosa

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 293
« Reply #187 on: December 30, 2022, 08:14:53 AM »
Anti Hero does not fucking miss. All of their videos truly show the skateboarding spirit of travelling around with your friends and meeting new places, paired with unreal skating.
Loved Daan, GT, Julien's clip, Austin. Gus I feel is not getting the shine he deserves, his footage was bonkers! Loved them showing crazy personalities like Gus and Doobie, the skating I fell in love with was something that shows these kind of people and shows a story behind why they are so nuts on a board.Fuck it everyone was awesome.
Was about to retire my grimple egg but after watching this, it's really made stoked to be riding product made these guys. One of the videos of the year!

NoComply180

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -460
  • Objectivity police
« Reply #188 on: December 30, 2022, 10:08:39 AM »
This might be my VOTY. Daan is back!!! Hope he is hyper productive, dude is an ATV goat. Last guy seems like he must get punched in the face a lot

Him ah fall off building an bumboclot him legs

Madam, I'm Adam

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1383
« Reply #189 on: December 30, 2022, 11:13:23 AM »
Expand Quote
Where'd that motley crue tat go tony, the way of directed by jim greco neck hammers?
[close]

Few things in recent memory have aged more poorly than that ~00-05 obsession with 80s glam. I know some people who got caught up in that and I don't think a single one of them would admit it publicly. Everyone one those guys has a beard now and plays in a band which could be loosely termed "Americana".

Funny thing is, it also goes deeper than that in Trujillo's case.

Back in the early 00's, he was super down with Motley Crue. He was also riding for Vans, and Vans used a photo of him with Nikki Sixx in an ad or something.

Apparently Sixx caught wind of it, but didn't give Vans his permission to use the photo beforehand. So he sued them and I guess he won. After that, Trujillo was over Motley Crue, and when asked if Sixx was friend or foe in a Thrasher interview not long after that, he said "Definitely NOT a friend."

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 804
« Reply #190 on: December 30, 2022, 11:43:57 AM »
Anti Hero does not fucking miss. All of their videos truly show the skateboarding spirit of travelling around with your friends and meeting new places, paired with unreal skating.
Loved Daan, GT, Julien's clip, Austin. Gus I feel is not getting the shine he deserves, his footage was bonkers! Loved them showing crazy personalities like Gus and Doobie, the skating I fell in love with was something that shows these kind of people and shows a story behind why they are so nuts on a board.Fuck it everyone was awesome.
Was about to retire my grimple egg but after watching this, it's really made stoked to be riding product made these guys. One of the videos of the year!

Gus was my favorite part of the video.  dude is bonkers.  looking forward to what he puts out in the future. 
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

Nosebleed-section

• Rep: 31
« Reply #191 on: December 30, 2022, 10:43:13 PM »
I really enjoy watching raney skate. AH is all time
just nipples affiliate

Minigolf Fanatic

• Rep: 6
« Reply #192 on: December 31, 2022, 09:55:15 AM »

Me too, he is a beast.

swellbowed

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 518
  • ow
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #193 on: December 31, 2022, 03:21:44 PM »

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 502
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #194 on: December 31, 2022, 04:08:43 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Few things in recent memory have aged more poorly than that ~00-05 obsession with 80s glam. I know some people who got caught up in that and I don't think a single one of them would admit it publicly. Every one those guys has a beard now and plays in a band which could be loosely termed "Americana".
haha, bullseye.  There's a guy in Sydney who was in a Motley Crue kinda band, long hair, cosplaying it to the nth degree, then transitioned into a big hat wearing, beard guy who runs a brewery.  So fuckin' cornball.

EllingtonBigspin

• Rep: -19
  • Hipster Holocaust
« Reply #195 on: December 31, 2022, 06:08:12 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
haha, bullseye.  There's a guy in Sydney who was in a Motley Crue kinda band, long hair, cosplaying it to the nth degree, then transitioned into a big hat wearing, beard guy who runs a brewery.  So fuckin' cornball.

He must be straight outta Newtown I presume
Pavement Pirate on the Outskirts of Life Hopping Over Fences and violating Public Property

Lenny the Fatface

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 330
« Reply #196 on: January 01, 2023, 07:12:19 AM »
Got around to watching it early this morning, pretty sick stuff. It didn’t get me as hyped to immediately go skate as Destination Unknown, but it had a similar energy. The Frank stuff was my favorite, Yoga must really be the secret to still skating street when you’re older.

Not sure what to make of the team though, I’m not familiar with anyone who got on after Daan. Reminds me of the Dipset/Lox Versus where each member of Dipset had their own entourage and before you knew it there were 70 people on stage even though only 3 dudes on Dipset were rapping. Feels like Anti Hero is now just a vague collective of Dickies and Carhartt wearers who all got priced out of living in San Francisco. Also nerd Trujillo is throwing me off.

modern life is war

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -619
« Reply #197 on: January 01, 2023, 10:36:21 AM »
I take back my earlier negative comments on this vid. After watching it a few times it's actually pretty fucken sick. Stoked to have new Trujillo footage. I still don't really get the euro-team element but Daan, Pfanner and Doobie are all hella sick and all seem like actual skateboarding anti-heroes so whatever, I'm down
You’re a Florida native, aren’t you?

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 264
  • tiger style
« Reply #198 on: January 01, 2023, 11:04:08 AM »
I take back my earlier negative comments on this vid. After watching it a few times it's actually pretty fucken sick. Stoked to have new Trujillo footage. I still don't really get the euro-team element but Daan, Pfanner and Doobie are all hella sick and all seem like actual skateboarding anti-heroes so whatever, I'm down

i liked it the first watch and really liked it on the second. feel good video of the year for me.

manysnakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1075
« Reply #199 on: January 01, 2023, 05:41:54 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

i liked it the first watch and really liked it on the second. feel good video of the year for me.

GX, Polar and now this one are my only 2022 rewatches.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 250
« Reply #200 on: January 02, 2023, 05:56:00 PM »
What was the name of the fake Isle brand they did for the Euro riders back when they did that breakdown into a bunch of different brands?

Actually, besides Grimple, what were all the names?

144p

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1083
    • 35th Ave Skates avatar image
« Reply #201 on: January 02, 2023, 06:19:43 PM »

swellbowed

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 518
  • ow
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #202 on: January 02, 2023, 06:27:31 PM »
What was the name of the fake Isle brand they did for the Euro riders back when they did that breakdown into a bunch of different brands?

http://yogrtskateboards.com/  <—

http://dawgshitskateboards.com/

http://jalopiskateco.com/

https://flyingratskateboards.com/

https://grimplestix.com/

No Wave Comply

• Rep: 142
  • Phantom of the Skatepark
« Reply #203 on: January 02, 2023, 07:20:24 PM »
Co-signed that part with Siouxie ruled!

Frank is pushing 50 and still killing it, same with Hewitt.

Yep. My all-time favorite Siouxsie song. So good.
a grunt  a mudhog  a slimedog
a simple servant  a hired hand

“Come in here dear boy, have a gnar, you’re gonna go far!”

modern life is war

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -619
« Reply #204 on: January 02, 2023, 09:09:23 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

http://yogrtskateboards.com/  <—

http://dawgshitskateboards.com/

http://jalopiskateco.com/

https://flyingratskateboards.com/

https://grimplestix.com/

I'd never seen these links before and they all have little easter egg videos, the jalopi skate one has some footage of grosso and julien.
You’re a Florida native, aren’t you?

Sid Farkus - Bra Salesman

• Rep: 30
« Reply #205 on: January 03, 2023, 10:48:04 AM »
not Euro
Free Charlie Rambo

somethingmustbreaknow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 499
« Reply #206 on: January 03, 2023, 10:55:39 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
not Euro
he's from western austria and lives in southern germany. pretty european overall i'd guess.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1590
« Reply #207 on: January 03, 2023, 10:58:17 AM »
It would have been sick if Chandler was in that mix still…..

No Wave Comply

• Rep: 142
  • Phantom of the Skatepark
« Reply #208 on: January 03, 2023, 02:00:41 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
I thought this looked sketchy upon first viewing, but it looks better in the gif. It's somewhat amazing that you can still be considered a pro skater when you put out one clip a year of a trick most other pros can do. I love Stranger's skating, and I got just as excited as the next Slap poster when I walked past him on Piedmont St a few years back, but I also don't get it. He has one more skating clip than Cardiel, and Cardiel has an excuse.
Very interesting way to show that you know nothing about Julien Stranger.
a grunt  a mudhog  a slimedog
a simple servant  a hired hand

“Come in here dear boy, have a gnar, you’re gonna go far!”

schralp pal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 261
« Reply #209 on: January 04, 2023, 09:18:09 AM »
Where was the tropical place they travelled with the crusty parks? Did you see GT accelerate through that nose slide on the diy pool coping?