Author Topic: Things You Are Stoked On But Not Stoked On  (Read 720820 times)

Garth Marenghi

Re: Things You Are Stoked On But Not Stoked On
« Reply #5310 on: November 04, 2018, 09:41:29 PM »
Of course Atiba bought one of those awful RED smartphones.

SUPREMENECKPROTECTOR

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 99
« Reply #5311 on: November 05, 2018, 12:57:21 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Getting more into data analysis and manipulation through tools like Tableau.  Super happy to be building such a marketable skillset that could really land me onto something cool in the future. Unfortunately I've stayed at this job unhappy for way too long and have reached a breaking point, I am staying for the resume builder but every day feels like moving through cement
[close]
cool stuff. get into R and Python as well.
[close]

My Husband is a Senior(?) Admin for Tableau. If you need any help with it PM me and i’ll see what I can do to help you out. But as stated learn Python and R. I’d have to ask my husband but I think Django and Ruby/Grapefruit are N/A now.
[close]

I need to learn Python and/or C but both are for bastardized niche other languages that are based on them and I can barely speak english which is my only language so this is all a bit overwhelming for me.
[close]

I´d recommend python if you have no prior programming experience because memory management is a bitch. I´m curious, what are those "bastardized niche other languages"?
[close]

The one I'm thinking of in particular is called VEX specifically how it's applied in a FX application called Houdini. It's based on C but specifically how it works within Houdini. As far as I understand it. Python is useful in there too but it does different stuff than VEX.

I had a brief look at the documentations and you can scratch my last comment since memory management will probably not bother you. You are indeed right that the python and c interfaces are doing different stuff within houdini. Start by learning general programming concepts. They are more or less the same across programming languages. I have seen there is a beginner video tutorial for VEX which states that no prior programming experience is needed. Maybe you can start there.

Also english is the best language one can speak when trying to learn programming because you have the most resources online and always remember:

"Even the most experienced programmers google the most basic stuff ... daily" and "Everyone is just cooking with water"

Dwyck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 149
« Reply #5312 on: November 05, 2018, 10:40:29 AM »
Of course Atiba bought one of those awful RED smartphones.
they gave it to him for promo
Regular stance is a mental disorder defined by the DSM-5

schralp pal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 260
« Reply #5313 on: November 06, 2018, 02:13:36 PM »
I just binged watched all of NKA vids YouTube  vlogs with Andy Anderson

ungzilla

« Reply #5314 on: November 06, 2018, 02:15:42 PM »
so you've hit rock bottom huh

dirtyweemidden

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 59
« Reply #5315 on: November 06, 2018, 02:54:40 PM »
i got a lathe recently, its fucking rad. im super stoked on it

not stoked on how shit i am at wood turning haha

schralp pal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 260
« Reply #5316 on: November 06, 2018, 05:01:08 PM »
so you've hit rock bottom huh

No where to go from here but up, I’ll be the best freestyler at the park

calvinsdream

« Reply #5317 on: November 06, 2018, 05:39:29 PM »
I'm stoked that I got through some personal losses, moved to a better apartment / area, and picked up enough consistent side work that I don't have to uber/give plasma.

I'm not stoked on the creeping anxiety that something worse is going to happen to me once I get "comfortable".

Burt Ward

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 522
« Reply #5318 on: November 07, 2018, 02:27:28 AM »
I'm not stoked on the creeping anxiety that something worse is going to happen to me once I get "comfortable".

That feeling is horrible. Chin up.

Stoked that I ran into "Do a kickflip" with Eric Koston on YouTube and that it amused me some. Not stoked that it's on the Berrics channel and aimed at children.
Now, we used to say we put on our tights to put on the world. So I don't think it tarnishes the image at all.

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1572
« Reply #5319 on: November 07, 2018, 04:44:33 AM »
Those past few months after I broke up with my ex I had really been letting myself go and neglecting my place, I guess I was too busy with work, paperwork, and then just smoking and skating to try to get my mind off everything that I just stopped cleaning up after myself for a while and my apartment was trying to turn into some hoarder's shit (coincidentally I had just helped my mother move into her new house too, and got dozens of boxes of stuff from my childhood back, which I just left laying around, that didn't help with the looks). I was aware of my environment starting to look like shit but I think I was in a mental state where I was stuck, thought I still controlled everything but in reality it was all only giving me more and more anxiety that was creeping in, like shit I'll have to take care of around the house later that I'd just keep stacking in the back of my mind due to complete lack of energy and drive. Anyway yesterday a chick texted me she was in town and would be down to hang out tonight, instantly something just clicked and I spent five hours doing everything around the house I possibly could. Now my shit finally is impeccable again and all my anxiety is gone, I feel super liberated and somehow like I'm starting something anew, like I was just digesting the end of my relationship that whole time.

Not stoked on how I guess I did let myself slip a little for a while and mostly just seeing how much of a dark place I found myself in to the point where I just couldn't see myself do even elementary, fundamental mundane tasks. And on how I still need to do the fucking dishes, but a lot of it are items that used to belong to my ex which I think is why I was postponing touching them, in reality I'm just tempted to throw everything away and buy new dishes at this point.

It's all so stupid but I feel like looking like a mark on SLAP will motivate me to keep kicking myself in the ass and going.

BALARGUE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 638
    • Balargue Skateshop avatar image
« Reply #5320 on: November 07, 2018, 06:54:13 AM »
i feel you silhouette.
I could write almost exactly the same paragraph
I m not that consciously anxious... might be what anxiety is about though

Reading your post definitely helps and gives me the motivation to get things done

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1572
« Reply #5321 on: November 07, 2018, 07:24:18 AM »
Just went through the aforementioned dishes, took almost two hours because I just had that much to catch up with, but now I finally feel like a free man.

It's funny to me because I've always been responsible and, while not a clean freak, I've always taken care about myself as well as my ex back when she lived here because she had a mental condition, needed every day attention and couldn't work or really do anything. I guess once she dipped I just kind of broke down and started not giving a shit and just fucking around. But that shit catches up to you real quick in ways you don't really expect, I feel like I'm almost coming out of a depression now that my place is fucking pristine again. Now all I need to do is get up to date with paperwork and today's work and my mind will be completely set free.

Yeah I strongly encourage you to boost your fucking ass, I really had to do it for myself this time but in reality it's actually so easy to force yourself to get into the tasks without thinking twice about it, as soon as you feel a spark of motivation use it to get everything over with and finally feel good again instead of living with a memory bank of drags. I lived for weeks with shit in my head I could have done without (but didn't have the strength to kick), so stupid. Now I'll make sure not to let this type of stuff catch up to me again when it's so easy to take care of on the daily.

the snake

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 350
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #5322 on: November 07, 2018, 08:13:43 AM »
100 push-ups every morning, dude, cleaning tasks are like mosquito shit after that, or a kungfu training, your choice  ;)
« Last Edit: November 07, 2018, 08:41:59 AM by the snake »

Lame_Nigga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -3
  • Just a lame nigga who can't kickflip
« Reply #5323 on: November 07, 2018, 11:10:18 AM »
Missouri voted in favor of Democratic ideals but voted Republicans into office which shows that this state had no idea who they're voting for. But at least now we get medical marijuana... With all the taxes going to veterans

straight

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 992
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #5324 on: November 08, 2018, 06:55:38 PM »
paypal credit
What kind of mikey taylor logic is this?

SUPREMENECKPROTECTOR

• Rep: 99
« Reply #5325 on: November 09, 2018, 02:47:52 AM »
Stopped smoking weed. Have been smoking daily for about 10 years.

MASTiF

« Reply #5326 on: November 09, 2018, 01:20:55 PM »
MCL feeling better and finally got to skate some red curbs and flat for the first time in forever.  Felt so good to slappy and roll around.  Then I threw out my lower back doing a fakie blind 180 on flat in the same session and could barely walk the next day.  FML

CrumblingInfrastructure

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 308
« Reply #5327 on: November 10, 2018, 11:19:09 AM »
Stoked on this buffalo sauce I whipped up and added to a batch of chex mix, not stoked that it could possibly violate the geneva convention of employed in a gaseous state.

I think my eyes are bleeding.

Pigeon

« Reply #5328 on: November 10, 2018, 02:09:01 PM »
I’m just smoking and watching TV indoors because the air quality is dangerous or some shit. I just assume it’s bad because of all the people wearing dust masks.

Betaphenylethylalamine

• Trade Count: (-2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -139
« Reply #5329 on: November 10, 2018, 03:22:56 PM »
Put in my two weeks at the mine today to go back to school. This decision has been on my mind for too fuckin long. 14 shitty days in a row was the convincing factor.

I love mining but at age 39 and a knee injury, I just cannot keep up with the youngbucks anymore.

Stoked on school
Not stoked on quitting mining

Ah well
Gentleman ninja warlock

childhood

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 662
« Reply #5330 on: November 11, 2018, 05:20:24 PM »
Told my friend I'd definitely go to show his last night, but instead stayed in smoking & drinking and listening to Cum Town by myself.

planman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 374
  • Morpheus drinking a 40 in a death basket
« Reply #5331 on: November 19, 2018, 12:01:37 AM »
Met this girl on tinder over the summer and she's super rad and it's almost uncanny how much we've got in common. We've been talking on and off for a  bit but a little more frequently as of late. Only problem is lives out in Portland and I'm in Chicago. I'll probably shoot my shot at her eventually, and I think the fact that we haven't met in person yet makes something long-distance a lot more palatable since the physical aspect wasn't there in the first place, it's purely emotional from the get-go. Plus she might end up transferring back to a school that's not too far (~4 hour bus ride) away from me, so that'd be sweet.

tl;dr super stoked on this girl, not stoked on how far apart we are

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 166
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #5332 on: November 21, 2018, 09:34:27 PM »
Not stoked that my dog figured out how to open the back gate today. Kind of stoked that he got his first confirmed kill on his little walkabout.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

Hmmmm Nice Bike

« Reply #5333 on: November 22, 2018, 03:28:57 PM »
Not having to sit through thanksgiving with my family and pretend we're all close and loving, but then being home alone all day long.

childhood

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 662
« Reply #5334 on: November 22, 2018, 08:20:52 PM »
Not having to sit through thanksgiving with my family and pretend we're all close and loving, but then being home alone all day long.

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -717
« Reply #5335 on: November 23, 2018, 06:22:35 AM »
Not stoked on the state of my mental health. Stoked on the fact that I don't celibrate Christmas, Thanksgiving, Black Friday and Festivus because I'm from Gay Europe.

Noble Experiment

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 284
« Reply #5336 on: November 25, 2018, 10:25:30 AM »
Went to this show last night at one of my favorite bars and I saw this girl there who I've been talking to and developing a crush on. I didn't even know she was going to be there but she was there with someone, a friend of mine too at that. They were getting close and cuddly all night, obviously they have something going on, but I was unaware of it and she never specified it. I got pretty bummed, tried to hide it but I think they could tell hah.
Anyways, after the show ended and I was at home I get a message from this girl who I only know through Instagram through mutual friends but have never met in person. The message said "omg I saw you at the show tonight! I was a couple rows back but I saw you in the front, I wanted to say hi but you were with your friends and I'm super shy, but you look even cuter in person". Supposed to be hanging out with her either tonight or tomorrow night.
Where one opportunity fails, another arises.

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 166
« Reply #5337 on: November 29, 2018, 11:15:10 PM »
Pretty sure my dog ate a whole ribeye while I was sleeping.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 738
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
« Reply #5338 on: November 29, 2018, 11:56:11 PM »
Sent Theories some doodles - got told they weren’t feeling that specific work but that there’s an opening elsewhere (Dial Tone) and to just send shit in if I feel like it’d work for that brand in particular. Just having that correspondence is cool.

... but, I guess one part of that graphic that I mocked up for Theoires might be getting turned into a board graphic for a local brand.. crossing that off the bucket list.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2018, 11:59:06 PM by Allen. »
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

lampshade

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
« Reply #5339 on: November 30, 2018, 04:20:47 AM »
Sent Theories some doodles - got told they weren’t feeling that specific work but that there’s an opening elsewhere (Dial Tone) and to just send shit in if I feel like it’d work for that brand in particular. Just having that correspondence is cool.

... but, I guess one part of that graphic that I mocked up for Theoires might be getting turned into a board graphic for a local brand.. crossing that off the bucket list.

That's pretty sick- Just having your work get recognized.