Author Topic: Things You Are Stoked On But Not Stoked On  (Read 715625 times)

krookedjuice

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 31
Re: Things You Are Stoked On But Not Stoked On
« Reply #5250 on: October 01, 2018, 08:55:25 PM »
hell yeah. thanks guys. i was thinking about getting a juul just to have something if i need it. i also think i'd be too embarrassed to pull that thing out in public. but i need something to at least fall back on when i need.

Jollyoli

• Rep: 91
« Reply #5251 on: October 02, 2018, 01:02:04 AM »
I spent ages tappering off cigs then though I'd get a e-cig just to finish it off but backfired and up'd my nicotine craving, then I remembered "Vaping is the Rollerblading of Smoking" - [Billy Rohan] and was back up to a half pack a day. Just had to quit. (social joints were hard, and still are).
Hey, hey, hey. Don't be mean. We don't have to be mean because, remember, no matter where you go, there you are.

CrumblingInfrastructure

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 297
« Reply #5252 on: October 02, 2018, 04:07:09 AM »
I spent ages tappering off cigs then though I'd get a e-cig just to finish it off but backfired and up'd my nicotine craving, then I remembered "Vaping is the Rollerblading of Smoking" - [Billy Rohan] and was back up to a half pack a day. Just had to quit. (social joints were hard, and still are).

I cut back from a pack a day to 5 a day for a few months using a vape but eventually got hit with the social anxiety and also took a long vacation and got caught up in the mental bullshit of “fuck it I NEED to relax im on vacation”. Go for something discreet if you need to. My Dad smoked 1+ pack a day for 30 years and quit with one. Fuck peoples opinion and dont end up like I am. Im smoking about 25 cigs a day right now and I get more shit for that then I did for vaping.

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 717
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #5253 on: October 02, 2018, 08:13:23 AM »
Lost my job over some of the the dumbest shit ever. Ended up making more this past week selling shit on Depop that I don't need than I would have working... but I wound up copping a mono flare up in the process so I haven't even enjoyed any extra free time in the time being.
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

I sniff Jim Gagne's butthole all the time

• Rep: -156
« Reply #5254 on: October 02, 2018, 08:32:06 AM »
Lost my job over some of the the dumbest shit ever. Ended up making more this past week selling shit on Depop that I don't need than I would have working... but I wound up copping a mono flare up in the process so I haven't even enjoyed any extra free time in the time being.
mono huh? are you sure you're not just really bored?

nopes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 85
  • Bob loseedo wears a speedo
« Reply #5255 on: October 02, 2018, 01:33:35 PM »
met up with 3 friends for a lunch session at one of the local parks. when we got there the park was pretty covered with acorns and other debris, especially in the bowl. since there were 4 of us it didnt take long to clean out but quickly the reality of being old set in when we all realized how much the cleaning took out of us once we actually started skating. lol

eight two fives

• Rep: -26
« Reply #5256 on: October 02, 2018, 07:36:08 PM »
I pretty much finished all of my reports for October. Now I have to look busy for the rest of the month.

fulltechnicalskizzy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1936
« Reply #5257 on: October 02, 2018, 08:52:25 PM »
I think I might have a hernia my asshole has itched and hurt constantly for the past like 7 years straight. I'm so used to it at this point though that I'm pretty sure when I finally get it checked out and fixed the shock of having a normal asshole will make me the happiest most fulfilled human being on the face of the earth. Not yet though I'm going for 10.

ungzilla

« Reply #5258 on: October 02, 2018, 09:51:13 PM »
check back in 2021 I guess

NegativeCreep

« Reply #5259 on: October 03, 2018, 01:49:45 AM »
Finally made a dentist appointment.

redcurb12

• Rep: 29
« Reply #5260 on: October 05, 2018, 04:19:05 PM »
I think I might have a hernia my asshole has itched and hurt constantly for the past like 7 years straight. I'm so used to it at this point though that I'm pretty sure when I finally get it checked out and fixed the shock of having a normal asshole will make me the happiest most fulfilled human being on the face of the earth. Not yet though I'm going for 10.
you mean a hemorrhoid?
Let me preface this post with the fact that I am slightly inebriated, very uneducated and I havent read any papers or done any research at all, or read your post really.

fulltechnicalskizzy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1936
« Reply #5261 on: October 05, 2018, 04:37:18 PM »
idk my asshole hurts

redcurb12

« Reply #5262 on: October 05, 2018, 04:41:32 PM »
incurable itch-ass
Let me preface this post with the fact that I am slightly inebriated, very uneducated and I havent read any papers or done any research at all, or read your post really.

shripshrapper

• Rep: -21
  • Shane Heyl 2020 #GOATPOTUS
« Reply #5263 on: October 05, 2018, 08:57:30 PM »
So my half sister who I haven't seen since she was 5 years old want's to visit with me. She's now almost an adult and It's hella emotional for me because my moms been dead for a while and my dad dissapeared a long time ago. I don't really have any family other than her. I never reached out because I'm a 30 year old ex drug addict, and have lived the life of an all around scumbag. She seems to want me around but I feel like poison to anyone I get close to.

Shit's got me feeling.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2018, 11:14:06 PM by shripshrapper »

lamfordie

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 292
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #5264 on: October 08, 2018, 12:16:49 PM »
Found an Ipad when I was flying back from Chicago but I cant reboot it cuz it got the activation lock. Anyone knows how I can remove that?

redcurb12

« Reply #5265 on: October 09, 2018, 02:32:49 PM »
Found an Ipad when I was flying back from Chicago but I cant reboot it cuz it got the activation lock. Anyone knows how I can remove that?

if factory resetting it didnt work cause its locked to an apple ID you’re SOL. might be able to sell it for parts.

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #5266 on: October 09, 2018, 03:33:27 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

if factory resetting it didnt work cause its locked to an apple ID you’re SOL. might be able to sell it for parts.

at that point you should just bring it to an apple store and have them contact the owner. no sense in keeping from the person who lost it if you cant use it.

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1361
« Reply #5267 on: October 09, 2018, 06:32:11 PM »
Stuck a big flip with half my foot hanging off first try trying to learn them and proceeded to not come even close the rest of my 20 attempts and focused my board like a baby

Jollyoli

• Rep: 91
« Reply #5268 on: October 10, 2018, 06:18:03 AM »
Stuck a big flip with half my foot hanging off first try trying to learn them and proceeded to not come even close the rest of my 20 attempts and focused my board like a baby

Ha, I flamingo'd down a bank after a switch heel and flailed all the way to the bottom then ate shit once I hit the flat. First time I have focused a board in years. I too felt like a big baby.
Hey, hey, hey. Don't be mean. We don't have to be mean because, remember, no matter where you go, there you are.

planman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 374
  • Morpheus drinking a 40 in a death basket
« Reply #5269 on: October 10, 2018, 03:15:07 PM »
Got a job interview scheduled and my prospects are looking good but I gotta wait two weeks for it because the hiring manager's on vacation.

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down

Pigeon

« Reply #5270 on: October 10, 2018, 04:17:15 PM »
I cockblocked myself but it was a Zumiez employee. She was saying my clothes are trendy so I told her that Zumiez is a store that tries to be trendy and marketed towards ugly people that can’t actually skate. It’s been a while since I’ve been rude to a woman, and I can’t really remember the last time I saw a face that looked so digusted.

planman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 374
  • Morpheus drinking a 40 in a death basket
« Reply #5271 on: October 10, 2018, 04:49:45 PM »
I cockblocked myself but it was a Zumiez employee. She was saying my clothes are trendy so I told her that Zumiez is a store that tries to be trendy and marketed towards ugly people that can’t actually skate. It’s been a while since I’ve been rude to a woman, and I can’t really remember the last time I saw a face that looked so digusted.
You did the right thing

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down

childhood

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 663
« Reply #5272 on: October 10, 2018, 04:59:05 PM »
Your fits have been getting you into situations lately, you need to get it together.

Being out of pocket rude is definitely fun sometimes though.

Pigeon

« Reply #5273 on: October 10, 2018, 08:06:33 PM »
Your fits have been getting you into situations lately, you need to get it together.

Being out of pocket rude is definitely fun sometimes though.
I should just wear Carbartts, black tees and get one jacket.

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1570
« Reply #5274 on: October 14, 2018, 09:28:21 AM »
manual tricks. started landing on two new ones I've never done before, then we got kicked out before I could actually land any. it's the only manny pad in town and it's a bust you only get to skate for twenty minutes every Sunday. I'm going to be dying to go back just because I want to see if I can get those tricks despite the situation (which in a way makes it even more fun)
« Last Edit: October 15, 2018, 01:07:54 AM by silhouette »

pugmaster

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1596
  • Overweight and Underprepared
« Reply #5275 on: October 14, 2018, 05:01:15 PM »
manual tricks. started landed on two new ones I've never done before, then we got kicked out before I could actually land any. it's the only manny pad in town and it's a bust you only get to skate for twenty minutes every Sunday. I'm going to be dying to go back just because I want to see if I can get those tricks despite the situation (which in a way makes it even more fun)

It is unfortunate that property damage is a part of skating, especially when it comes to manny spots.  People who don't skate don't realize that there is very little to no property damage doing mannys (especially for 90% of the spots that are not high traffic).  To equate it to golf, mannys are like putting. Sure, you could make a divot, but it is highly unlikely. Also, for whatever reason, all the skateparks around here don't make a simple manny pad.  It drives me crazy.
"...We got the nuclear worm over here..."

Never forget:
Rusty_Berrings, 360 frip, Yapple Dapple, Bubblegum Tate

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1570
« Reply #5276 on: October 15, 2018, 03:02:19 AM »
Expand Quote
manual tricks. started landed on two new ones I've never done before, then we got kicked out before I could actually land any. it's the only manny pad in town and it's a bust you only get to skate for twenty minutes every Sunday. I'm going to be dying to go back just because I want to see if I can get those tricks despite the situation (which in a way makes it even more fun)
[close]

It is unfortunate that property damage is a part of skating, especially when it comes to manny spots.  People who don't skate don't realize that there is very little to no property damage doing mannys (especially for 90% of the spots that are not high traffic).  To equate it to golf, mannys are like putting. Sure, you could make a divot, but it is highly unlikely. Also, for whatever reason, all the skateparks around here don't make a simple manny pad.  It drives me crazy.

I think the noise is the problem there rather than the damage. I live in a small city right now and the mentalities are just so unprepared. They just repaved the entirety of downtown as an attempt to make the city look modern, so they turned it into an insane spot with blocks and ledges everywhere and no one even expected the skateboarders to claim the place, it's pretty funny. Eventually they tried skatestopping the place, but they put the knobs on all the ledges people don't skate and you can take them off with the Allen key that comes with your skate tool, which I'm all for but, on their end, is terrible logic. So I wouldn't count on my local people to understand the technicalities of why it's harmless of me to choose to waste my time balancing on two wheels when in reality, they just don't want to see skateboarders there. This place is a hopeless shithole where I've been told my wheels 'ruined the ground' by cops on bikes and horses taking a huge shit on the road mid-sentence before, I'm done arguing...

But as someone who loves doing mannys I'm with you on the lack of manny pads in parks, we don't really have them here either unless you skate the ledges as such but that's annoying for everybody. At my local we have one slappy curb replica that's barely wider than your board and has a rail running parallel to its side and a pit on the other side (for people to grind the inside of the pit), so even basic tricks into manny / nosemanny, or fakie / sw approaches are discouraging there. But if it were a proper and legal manny pad, I'd probably spend way too many hours to admit there.

CrumblingInfrastructure

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5277 on: October 15, 2018, 05:49:13 AM »
Helping my buddy out with a place to crash for free while he gets through his divorce. He brought over his two dogs and in/outdoor cat. I love the dude to death (he was my husbands best man at our wedding) and I love animals. But im not stoked that he has two tiny/whiny ass dogs and he kinda lives in the past (ex marine) so even though its been almost 20 years since he was out most of our conversations are him recalling his glory days in the “Corps” and trying to get super alpha with me. Guess im stoked that he finally divorced his wife and that me and my husband are able to help him get back on his feet but im not stoked that he has two yappy ass dogs and only wants to talk about how hardcore life was as a Marine in the mid to late 90s. His cat Mr. Meow Meow is pretty fucking badass though which is dope.

ungzilla

« Reply #5278 on: October 15, 2018, 05:56:03 AM »
permission to meow sir

CrumblingInfrastructure

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5279 on: October 15, 2018, 07:39:04 AM »
permission to meow sir
Purrmission Granted, Private Pussy! Semper Fi!!!