Author Topic: Things You Are Stoked On But Not Stoked On  (Read 720831 times)

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1422
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Things You Are Stoked On But Not Stoked On
« Reply #6690 on: February 22, 2022, 10:52:00 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
new neighbors got a flock of chickens and a rooster. mean son of a bitch that's been waking me up too early. Not stoked.

found out where one of the hens has been laying eggs on my rental property. snagged 18 free, fresh eggs yesterday. same hen was tucked away in the same blackberry thicket this morning.
[close]

nice one
[close]

first thing I do is check em. they're all good.
That could mean some eggs have probably been outside for over 18 days. Careful.
Well-defined ambiguity, I'm already on somebody's list as a casualty

AitchBeeGayBuh

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 60
« Reply #6691 on: February 22, 2022, 11:04:10 AM »
Always had chickens and roosters when I was growing up. Aside from any restaurant or fast food place the only eggs I ate came straight from the tap till I moved out.

You can eat eggs unfrigerated sittting on a counter for way longer than u think... google it.

Anywho, last night on a good one I tried skating the biggest flat/sand gap I’ve ever tried. Why I attempted it is beyond me because I’ve always maxed out at 7-8 steps of my feet goin one in front of the other and I was hammered. Gap was 10 1/2 of my steps but with all the speed in the world so no excuses.

Gotta say at 39 that’s the fastest I’ve ever rolled to do a trick ever. By the end of the session I cleared the gap twice n slid out due to the sand( that should’ve been swept away ) making me mad knowing it’s possible. Hung up numerous times at the edge of the gap back wheels into the sand n got flung onto my left side making my hip/elbow/shoulder areas bruised n swelled up. In a lot of pain but I really wanna roll away from this...

I’m in awe of Jeremy Wray’s water tower gap... crazy.

bootscootboogy

• Rep: 3
« Reply #6692 on: February 22, 2022, 11:20:21 AM »
new neighbors got a flock of chickens and a rooster. mean son of a bitch that's been waking me up too early. Not stoked.

found out where one of the hens has been laying eggs on my rental property. snagged 18 free, fresh eggs yesterday. same hen was tucked away in the same blackberry thicket this morning.

If you put them in water the good eggs will sink, bad ones will float. I wouldn’t eat any that didn’t totally sink

IUTSM

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #6693 on: February 22, 2022, 12:01:08 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

If you put them in water the good eggs will sink, bad ones will float. I wouldn’t eat any that didn’t totally sink

that's what we do =)

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 146
« Reply #6694 on: February 22, 2022, 12:57:54 PM »
Fucking around in Redwood City today. It is a fun place.

Looked into renting a place here... the rents are completely insane. Redwood City makes Vancouver look like a cheap place to live.
im in san jose my rent has jumped around 300% in the last 10yrs, although high as fuck the complex at least fixes shit when you call them

IUTSM

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6695 on: February 22, 2022, 01:44:00 PM »
Expand Quote

Looked into renting a place here... the rents are completely insane. Redwood City makes Vancouver look like a cheap place to live.
[close]
im in san jose my rent has jumped around 300% in the last 10yrs, although high as fuck the complex at least fixes shit when you call them

I'm way north of y'all but it's the same up here. The house I live in was purchased for 170k in March 2019, it's now valued at almost 400k with only a new roof put on. Fortunate to have a good landlord who hasn't raised rent, but fuck me if it's not happening everywhere else. Not as extreme as what you're stating, but when I came here 10 years ago, 11-1300 was fairly standard for a whole house rental. It's doubled in many places just in the past couple years really

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #6696 on: February 24, 2022, 09:27:15 AM »
Did a fs cab on flat first try on defence in a game of skate. Got the bs ones feeling pretty good later in the session. Not stoked that my back has been completely wrecked for the past two days from that twisting and spinning. Stoked old tricks still work, not stoked on feeling old.

Bunk Moreland

« Reply #6697 on: February 24, 2022, 10:17:11 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
When I moved to San Jose in 2010, I rented a 3 bedroom near downtown for $1750. When I left San Jose in 2020, I was paying $3200 in the same area for a 2/2 with no AC.

matt_2993

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 227
« Reply #6698 on: March 10, 2022, 07:19:27 AM »
Been super burnt out in recent months with work but finally got year end reviews and got the raise I was hoping to get. Definitely lightens the burn out.

Had a severe ankle sprain over the weekend from walking on a fuckin city sidewalk but x rays showed its not actually broken at least.  Guess my teenage ankle injury did actually have a small fracture tho way back when

Coastal Fever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 525
« Reply #6699 on: March 11, 2022, 05:25:05 PM »
Have to preface this by saying there’s nothing about the situation I’m “stoked on”, but thanks to restrictions being eased, I was finally able to visit my grandmother who’s been slowly passing away in the hospital for the past month. 

It was really hard, there isn’t much left of her, she can barely keep her eyes open and can’t speak.  But I’m almost certain she recognized me and we shared a feeling of closure at being able to see each other.  I just hope she’s comfortable as possible and feels at peace.  Fuck.

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 802
« Reply #6700 on: March 11, 2022, 07:20:51 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Used to work there like 20 years ago.  Went to some girl’s nice, but modest home, and she casually mentioned her parents had it in the market for like 3 mil.  First time being around real money and it kind of disturbed me

The job was a telemarketing gig which turned out to be a real estate scam by some guy that bought almost all of Woodside before the tech boom.  We were basically convincing people to invest their retirement accounts in buy land in Lancaster/Palmdale with the hope that the same appreciation would take place there
[close]

Can you imagine what that house is worth now?

Did you work here?

Lol just seeing this.  Our “sales manager” actually, and unironically, made us watch that very movie on the clock to hype us up to sell sell sell!  Once I figured out the scam I just started hanging up on people as soon as they picked up the phone.  Coasted for about another month of bullshitting before I got fired/quit, but it paid my rent in SF just long enough for me to get a decent paying”real job”. 

The job sucked and the commute was long, but the view of the Coast during every morning and evening drive is something I’ll never forget

Edit: all this rent talk makes me realize how good I had it with my $850/month, no roommates, 1 bedroom on Mission (the block with the Arco in between 3 up 3 down and what is now the Soma park).  Good old days
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 706
« Reply #6701 on: March 11, 2022, 10:30:23 PM »
Have to preface this by saying there’s nothing about the situation I’m “stoked on”, but thanks to restrictions being eased, I was finally able to visit my grandmother who’s been slowly passing away in the hospital for the past month. 

It was really hard, there isn’t much left of her, she can barely keep her eyes open and can’t speak.  But I’m almost certain she recognized me and we shared a feeling of closure at being able to see each other.  I just hope she’s comfortable as possible and feels at peace.  Fuck.

Good to hear. At least you won‘t feel bitter about not being able to see her due to the restrictions.
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 639
« Reply #6702 on: March 12, 2022, 09:58:26 PM »
Went on date 3 with a girl who I think is smart, cute, and pretty cool.

I can't tell if she is interested or not. She wore a pair of Vans which is usually a good sign, wanted to do a skateboard lesson (bullshit reason for physical contact), but there are also signs that she isn't down either.

I don't plan on staying the US much longer, but I'd consider sticking around to see where this shit goes. But, I need a little more than "maybe" from this woman.

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 862
« Reply #6703 on: March 19, 2022, 06:28:58 AM »
I love good practical effects in movies. Usually good practical effects=horror/action movies so gore which is fine but I've noticed in a few movies lately they have these sudden gnarly gory violent scenes but they don't match the rest of the movie. Like the movie is basically a pg then there's a scene that would stop the movie being released or give it an R rating 5-10 years ago

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 953
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #6704 on: March 21, 2022, 04:09:37 PM »

Found this spot. It’s like right next to me.

Found this crazy note on my door. I’m really uncomfortable about this
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

PuffinMuffin

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1433
« Reply #6705 on: March 22, 2022, 07:10:03 AM »
^ Yikes, that's really creepy. Keep your head on a swivel, don't let anyone mess with you Flea.
i’m 80% skateboarder 20% atlantic puffin enthusiast

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6706 on: March 22, 2022, 10:20:52 AM »
^ Yikes, that's really creepy. Keep your head on a swivel, don't let anyone mess with you Flea.

I’m trying. Peace Punk life is a tight rope.
(A)pl(E)

EdLawndale

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1110
    • My Wife avatar image
« Reply #6707 on: March 23, 2022, 03:04:18 AM »

That sucks about the note. Is this the same neighbor lady about the oil slick/parking situation? I'd just put the note in a drawer (don't throw it out, you may need it for evidence later) and then act like I didn't get it/have no idea what he or she is talking about. At best, it will avoid conflict. At worst, it will piss him or her of at no expense to you because simpletons that leave on-the-nose notes like that hate it when they're disregarded.

Clearly, they do like gas lighting games. Because they're participating, inciting a back and forth. But you shouldn't feed into it. Just avoid conflict. You got a nice spot, go straight into your place and enjoy it in there.
"Was just about to say, wtf is up with this EdLawndale guy?"

braksabbath

• Rep: 192
« Reply #6708 on: March 25, 2022, 04:28:27 PM »
:) New park! It's an Evergreen moonscape :(

PuffinMuffin

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1433
« Reply #6709 on: March 27, 2022, 07:39:17 AM »
:) New park! It's an Evergreen moonscape :(

Hahahaha, which one? Those parks look fun if it's just you and some friends.
i’m 80% skateboarder 20% atlantic puffin enthusiast

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6710 on: March 27, 2022, 09:53:50 PM »
Just happened to walk in the room when will Smith slapped Chris Rock. Guess I saw some kind of tv history.
Will Smith is a fucking loser. Then look at internet a bunch of people treating him like a hero. He could of smacked out a thousand people in the past couple years but he was a wimp then of all people Chris Rock over such a nothing joke.

Lenny the Fatface

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 330
« Reply #6711 on: March 27, 2022, 10:51:00 PM »
Yeah, if the Monday morning reaction over the slap is positive towards Will, we’ll be facing a real death of comedy moment.

Bunk Moreland

« Reply #6712 on: March 27, 2022, 11:02:02 PM »
Jada been bald for like 20 years I don’t get it. I don’t even know what she looks like with hair. Will should have thrown him off stage like uncle Phil did Jazz.

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1411
« Reply #6713 on: March 27, 2022, 11:41:44 PM »
Will and Jada are completely insane toxic people. That whole entanglement thing, the fact she made him relive that shit on camera for her show, and now this shit? Will Smith just had a straight up icarus moment on live tv in front of the whole damn world and then had a breakdown in his acceptance speech. AND THEN PEOPLE CLAPPED FOR HIM. Insane.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6714 on: March 28, 2022, 12:09:57 AM »
It's also every other thin skin wimp now gets to live thru this and be like oh yeah if someone insults my wife id knock them out too.
Basically dude was a cucked joke of a person for too long and was desperate to seem like a man. It reminds me of those videos that come out every other year like "nerd owns bully" but then they dig deeper and the nerds just taking it out on the wrong person

rukes

• Rep: 218
  • Yabba dabba doo
« Reply #6715 on: March 28, 2022, 02:06:49 AM »
Surprised he didn't break his hand hitting rock like that.
Is it true?  Or did you read it on the slap message board?

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 639
« Reply #6716 on: March 29, 2022, 11:26:02 AM »
Working from a cafe on the Oregon coast. It is nice and the nature here is amazing, but the Jesus soundtrack and the guys discussing gun control is killing me.

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 706
« Reply #6717 on: March 29, 2022, 11:33:00 AM »
I have been skating every day for seven days in a row now, only short sessions of about an hour but still, I am stoked I can do that at 44 years old. Not stoked that the weather is going to turn and the forecast for the next days including the weekend predicts rain and snow. I‘ll still try to get some sessions in, underground if need be, or reactivate the snow skate.
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

skate_or_dingus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 262
« Reply #6718 on: March 29, 2022, 12:20:06 PM »
Quit weed.
 Get that shit outta here.

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6719 on: March 29, 2022, 02:47:25 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

That sucks about the note. Is this the same neighbor lady about the oil slick/parking situation? I'd just put the note in a drawer (don't throw it out, you may need it for evidence later) and then act like I didn't get it/have no idea what he or she is talking about. At best, it will avoid conflict. At worst, it will piss him or her of at no expense to you because simpletons that leave on-the-nose notes like that hate it when they're disregarded.

Clearly, they do like gas lighting games. Because they're participating, inciting a back and forth. But you shouldn't feed into it. Just avoid conflict. You got a nice spot, go straight into your place and enjoy it in there.

Yeah. I saw her day before yesterday and I helped her and another neighbor with their groceries so it’s all good now.

She told me all the things I’ve done to her since I moved in. None of it makes sense. She even said I slammed her in the front door and I was too angry to remember it. I just got quite and kept bringing the groceries up the stairs.

I’m going to avoid her as much as possible now.
(A)pl(E)