Author Topic: Mike Carroll on the future of Crailtap  (Read 401299 times)

zeroepedition

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -58
Re: Mike Carroll on the future of Crailtap
« Reply #300 on: May 17, 2016, 06:09:36 PM »
Someone copy paste interview. Website is down

I'm not sure if it's only me but Jenkem almost NEVER works when I use Chrome. I use some other browser and it loads no problem.

Anyone else have this issue?

P.S. Mike is the man!

Jerkstore

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -154
« Reply #301 on: May 17, 2016, 06:10:49 PM »
did no one notice that the new adidas video has been posted in this thread

IHOP

« Reply #302 on: May 17, 2016, 06:12:38 PM »
threads weird to me

so no one else reading this can relate to having your pay cut several times while having much larger offers at the tail end of your career and leaving for the bigger offer? clearly mj's offer was contingent on timing with the away days video and either way carrol was going to be pissed so not much to gain on that front. i've never in my life not lied to my current employer\client when getting ready to jump to a new employer\client. that's just not how it works, lying is part of career\negotiating. you find your next gig, hand in your two weeks and bounce. carrol also said that mj held out for ages, turning down larger offers. it feels to me like like mj kept it business but carrol is making it personal. not giving riders contracts is something crail does for their self interest, not the riders.

1.) you said hand in your two weeks, you dont just peace out the day before, if you did peace out then you onviously font have respect for the employer, which is why MC is mad is because he was disrespected.

2.) your boss is most likely not a long time friend of yours

shit_for_brains

« Reply #303 on: May 17, 2016, 06:13:04 PM »
did no one notice that the new adidas video has been posted in this thread

Of course. No spoilers but you're safe to go pee during Lem's part.

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 250
« Reply #304 on: May 17, 2016, 06:13:38 PM »
Maybe people weren't trying to shout it out loud so that and of the 200 lurkers who may be affiliated with it don't try and shit it down

Lenny the Fatface

« Reply #305 on: May 17, 2016, 06:14:27 PM »
Brink's instagram post was made 21 hours ago...Carroll's interview was posted like 8 hours ago...

labor

• Rep: -39
« Reply #306 on: May 17, 2016, 06:14:36 PM »

not giving riders contracts is something crail does for their self interest, not the riders.

Hah. This is not a PHD comment here.

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 264
  • tiger style
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #307 on: May 17, 2016, 06:21:23 PM »
Expand Quote
threads weird to me

so no one else reading this can relate to having your pay cut several times while having much larger offers at the tail end of your career and leaving for the bigger offer? clearly mj's offer was contingent on timing with the away days video and either way carrol was going to be pissed so not much to gain on that front. i've never in my life not lied to my current employer\client when getting ready to jump to a new employer\client. that's just not how it works, lying is part of career\negotiating. you find your next gig, hand in your two weeks and bounce. carrol also said that mj held out for ages, turning down larger offers. it feels to me like like mj kept it business but carrol is making it personal. not giving riders contracts is something crail does for their self interest, not the riders.
[close]

1.) you said hand in your two weeks, you dont just peace out the day before, if you did peace out then you onviously font have respect for the employer, which is why MC is mad is because he was disrespected.

2.) your boss is most likely not a long time friend of yours

1) that's fair and blind siding them at the premier was probably wrong but it felt like mike was putting a lot of pressure on something that mj couldn't actually do and we haven't heard his side. do you really think he was a pathological lier but they kept him around so long and got so butt hurt when he left?

2) also fair but everyone knows friends and business doesn't mix. it's a mistake to assume that friendship will overrule finances for a family man.

brwrxstl

• Rep: -71
    • Tumblr avatar image
« Reply #308 on: May 17, 2016, 06:22:25 PM »
threads weird to me

I said this earlier. They're just gonna tell you that your reading comprehension sucks, that MJ's an alcoholic, and that Carroll is a really nice guy.

blinkyy

• Rep: -18
« Reply #309 on: May 17, 2016, 06:22:55 PM »
"Fuck the industry bitch im in these streets"-Waka Flockaa

Paul Cicero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -280
« Reply #310 on: May 17, 2016, 06:25:04 PM »
brink is just looking at this for what it is. how you going to cut one of your top performers pay over and over and not expect them to jump. it's a bad business decision.

They didn't cut his pay, everyone else's did for a while, then when Marc was looking at getting his pay cut for the first time he swallowed his integrity, went back on his word and bounced.

Did you even read it?

CossRooper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 140
  • What are you up to, drawing leafs?
    • timecube avatar image
« Reply #311 on: May 17, 2016, 06:26:29 PM »
1.) Meza will probably be editing the next Lakai video

2.) Going to watch Fully Flared and try and act like it's still 2007

yungthug

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -32
« Reply #312 on: May 17, 2016, 06:27:12 PM »

I feel like I've really grown to know the locals of this site so I decided to make an account hook you guys up while this is still on my friends channel
Someone promote this guy to pal status already

too much

« Reply #313 on: May 17, 2016, 06:29:45 PM »
Brink's post is super weird, I'm not a fan of the majority of memes anyway. Good point it could be about exp-1...man MJ lying to his face is the worst! He's the top paid employee and fucked his company over like that? If it was the other way around and Lakai firing him out of the blue for no reason, MJ would be livid!

I completely understand Carroll's response thinking about the position I'm in currently. I personally happen to be doing extremely well for the company I work for (not my salary but performance) and even if I gave them my 2 week notice they would be devastated. If I just bounced with no notice they would be heated, especially bouncing to a competitor in the same industry and have my hiring be announced to the same industry on a grand scale at some event party, with my co-workers present and them not knowing.

A move like that will haunt you for a long time, possibly forever. For sure it will tarnish your reputation and image in the industry and people will doubt you and not trust you. Carroll should send the wolves...I can't see MJ on any board company honestly. I can't believe he lied like that the night before the premier with the entire staff and team riders there. That was fucking dark, pathological liar is a pretty good description, what a psycho...his long ass hard on cigarette pack artwork exemplifies it.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2016, 06:31:37 PM by too much »

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 316
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #314 on: May 17, 2016, 06:30:32 PM »
Just finished and some random thoughts:

- Lucas's skating is so different from Fully Flared. Little to no combos. Love the Pet Shop Boys song.
- I like TX but hate Troy Ave.
- Gonz's fillers were nice. Had a Nike Krooked vibe.
- Sucui's song made me want to go to sleep but he got footage all over the world. He definitely has that Habitat around the world part.
- Nak and Jake had a good part. Kind of had that Beebs and Wilson vibe. A lot of power. Jake friggin ollie a meter machine.
- Nestor had a very Nestor part if that makes sense. Good skating though.
- Miles kid is good. A lot of big stuff and ledges.
- Lem was pretty boring. Definitely not the same level as his Diagonal part.
- The short Daewon and MJ session is like tarnished as hell but they actually look rad in Adidas.
- Durrant and Navarro part was an odd favorite of mine cause I like Public Enemy songs in skate videos but it was super short.
- Majerus is that really young good skater not real vibe for the old guys.
- Tyshawn had that breakout rookie part that I thought Nak was going to have. Ender was rad.
- Silas had dope part too. He skates everything as well. Good spots too. No real LA stuff.
- Busenitz had my favorite part but I am biased. Just love how he skates. Hopping all over the place. Does;t matter the city. He's just the best.  

For whatever reason, this vid did not flow right. I guess it just shows how everyone is different and skates different. Music was just like not motivating and just went from trap to some mellow shit.

Overall.....it seemed like one long as vid. A little too long for me. But props again for the Youtube link. Saved me from going to the premiere this weekend.
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

swag nollies

« Reply #315 on: May 17, 2016, 06:30:52 PM »
Im shopping for track pants with matching adidas now. Fuck lakai.

Getty

• Rep: 48
« Reply #316 on: May 17, 2016, 06:33:46 PM »
Well, I'd say Suciu is recovered all right. Holy fucking crap.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 156
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #317 on: May 17, 2016, 06:36:26 PM »
MJ being a kook again? But ... but, that just seems so out of character for him ::)
The end is nigh my brethren, the end is nigh...
« Last Edit: May 17, 2016, 06:54:51 PM by Gay Imp Sausage Metal »

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Andrew

• Rep: 100
  • lightcatcher
« Reply #318 on: May 17, 2016, 06:45:41 PM »
tearin up a little

The only thing you nerds grind down is yer keyboard keys.

ChuckRamone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 535
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #319 on: May 17, 2016, 06:48:10 PM »
whoever said the skateboarding world is full of nice guys? it's ALWAYS been full of dickheads and assholes, since the very beginning. that's not the reason many people oppose the big corporate takeover. we just don't want to go to modell's to buy our skate shit and have it taken over by organized sports culture. people who keep turning this into a moral dilemma about skater's incomes and treatment of skaters and sweatshops and all that other stuff just don't fucking get it and are unnecessarily complicating the issue. this is a war. pick a side. there's no real good guy.

but then again, people with fickle loyalties who easily cave to trends wouldn't get it, I guess.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #320 on: May 17, 2016, 06:50:06 PM »
 is SOTY busenitz's to lose?

CossRooper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 140
  • What are you up to, drawing leafs?
    • timecube avatar image
« Reply #321 on: May 17, 2016, 06:54:45 PM »
whoever said the skateboarding world is full of nice guys? it's ALWAYS been full of dickheads and assholes, since the very beginning.

chuck d

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 234
« Reply #322 on: May 17, 2016, 06:55:13 PM »
is SOTY busenitz's to lose?
He got Snoop's endorsement.

Fecal Fury

• Rep: 61
  • 1800-18-18-18
« Reply #323 on: May 17, 2016, 06:57:42 PM »
I see you, fam...

Ya know, we haven't had irrefutable proof that MJ knew he'd be announced in the video and that he blatantly lied to MC's face the night before it premiered. (Although I don't believe that for a second but just saying)

I like the part where this discussion has dissected into two commentaries on the video and MJ being lame.

sluggers

• Rep: -407
« Reply #324 on: May 17, 2016, 07:02:11 PM »
So does everyone on Adidas have to look like they just came back from a five set tennis match with those short shorts above the knees and then go skate?

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #325 on: May 17, 2016, 07:04:05 PM »
Isn't it crazy that just a year ago Stay Flared happened, which was suppose to be this big tour that was suppose to unite 2 "core" brands together simply "because we can" and everyone was hyped because it showed that these brand ain't going anywhere anytime soon. In one year now we are talking who will be next to go to the 3 stripes or the swoosh from both teams.

ducky darnsworth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -113
  • personal text
« Reply #326 on: May 17, 2016, 07:09:28 PM »
Major props for that. Now someone rip it and upload it for download.
it's downloading right now, shits gonna be lit

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #327 on: May 17, 2016, 07:16:03 PM »
Isn't it crazy that just a year ago Stay Flared happened, which was suppose to be this big tour that was suppose to unite 2 "core" brands together simply "because we can" and everyone was hyped because it showed that these brand ain't going anywhere anytime soon. In one year now we are talking who will be next to go to the 3 stripes or the swoosh from both teams.

Granted, when there's smoke there's fire re: Reynolds, but so far Emerica has stayed intact

Candlespliff

• Rep: -4
« Reply #328 on: May 17, 2016, 07:19:56 PM »
yea it would be better if there were no repercussions for being a shifty hypocrite that lies to your longtime friends
reynolds eats fruit

N.L.

« Reply #329 on: May 17, 2016, 07:33:34 PM »
Expand Quote
I bet Nike and Adidas have skate stopped ledges at their headquarters.
[close]
This is the best comment.  100% this.  

I can look into this.