Author Topic: Marc Johnson, “Business” person  (Read 30652 times)

Ignatius J Reilly

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 249
  • often correct
Re: Marc Johnson, “Business” person
« Reply #240 on: January 12, 2024, 02:01:58 PM »
i love it when the dumbest fucking people on this website disagree with me, it's the best type of validation imaginable. thanks newphone!

Robert Baratheon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 40
« Reply #241 on: January 12, 2024, 02:03:30 PM »
Expand Quote
what did MJ innovate over the last two decades? being kind of insufferable in interviews, faking your style, and padding out a part with dumb combo tricks?

edit: just to clarify MJ is super talented and has put out several parts i really enjoy but i have no idea how you could call him more innovative than one of the guys who helped shape modern street skateboarding and whose impact we're still feeling three decades on

[close]

Well, seeing that way more people could do this part in its entirety (or any MC part for that matter) than people could recreate an MJ part, I’d say MJ is objectively better.

You put MJ in this part of the world at this time, and he progresses faster and farther too, but that’s my subjective opinion.

This part is unwatchable in 2024, please stop posting it as a positive.

What kind of fucking moron are you?

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -767
« Reply #242 on: January 12, 2024, 02:13:36 PM »
Expand Quote
what did MJ innovate over the last two decades? being kind of insufferable in interviews, faking your style, and padding out a part with dumb combo tricks?

edit: just to clarify MJ is super talented and has put out several parts i really enjoy but i have no idea how you could call him more innovative than one of the guys who helped shape modern street skateboarding and whose impact we're still feeling three decades on

[close]

Well, seeing that way more people could do this part in its entirety (or any MC part for that matter) than people could recreate an MJ part, I’d say MJ is objectively better.

You put MJ in this part of the world at this time, and he progresses faster and farther too, but that’s my subjective opinion.

So does that make Andy Anderson the best ever?
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

doomstation55

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 903
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • [b]TEAM DOOM MS 2018[/b] avatar image
« Reply #243 on: January 12, 2024, 02:22:51 PM »
Fuck - Marry - Kill

Mike Carroll
Marc Johnson
Andy Anderson

Go!

Burt Ward

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 522
« Reply #244 on: January 12, 2024, 02:32:06 PM »
Fuck - Marry - Kill

Mike Carroll
Marc Johnson
Andy Anderson

Go!

That's the hardest one of these I've seen in a while.

Newphone, you are fucken torched.
Now, we used to say we put on our tights to put on the world. So I don't think it tarnishes the image at all.

figureitout

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -139
« Reply #245 on: January 12, 2024, 02:36:30 PM »
I’m on Marc’s side in the whole Craigtap debacle, and I’m on Marc’s side now…Marc if you or a loved one see’s this please take care of yourself, you can overcome anything and you’ve had highs and lows before. Marc is one of skateboarding’s greatest gifts, he’s always had the best style on the board, in clothing choices, music, and creativity. Marc could return as a pro, Marc could create and foster an amazing skateboard brand…it’s all up to Marc.

Love and peace to you Marc us.

pugmaster

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1640
  • Overweight and Underprepared
« Reply #246 on: January 12, 2024, 02:36:39 PM »
Fuck - Marry - Kill

Mike Carroll
Marc Johnson
Andy Anderson

Go!

Fucking kill to marry anyone else
"...We got the nuclear worm over here..."

Never forget:
Rusty_Berrings, 360 frip, Yapple Dapple, Bubblegum Tate

Yonnycage

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -95
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #247 on: January 12, 2024, 03:35:39 PM »
MC Questionable so unwatchable that I've been watching it on a monthly basis for years

BartHarleyJarvis

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1160
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #248 on: January 12, 2024, 03:57:55 PM »
Fuck - Marry - Kill

Mike Carroll
Marc Johnson
Andy Anderson

Go!

A dangerous question considering MC's predilection for strap-ons with no vaseline....

toe_knee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 222
  • Get bent
« Reply #249 on: January 12, 2024, 08:25:23 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I’ve read some fried fucking takes on this website, shit even made some myself, but this sir is the stupidest goddamn thing I have ever read in my entire life, you deserve this kook…..wear it like a badge of honor, I don’t give them out often, I hope you stub your toe
You want some queso?”
Dan Drehobl to me at make a wish, while handing me a hotdog

Colin Robinson

• Rep: 60
  • energy vampire
« Reply #250 on: January 12, 2024, 08:51:17 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

I’ve read some fried fucking takes on this website, shit even made some myself, but this sir is the stupidest goddamn thing I have ever read in my entire life, you deserve this kook…..wear it like a badge of honor, I don’t give them out often, I hope you stub your toe

Early contender for Kook of 2024 for sure, just a pure donkey brained take.

Newphone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -526
« Reply #251 on: January 12, 2024, 09:03:34 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

I wish I could enjoy watching teenage carrol in EMB, it seems everyone really loves it.  Someone’s watching it monthly?

In fairness most parts from 30+ years ago are a little dated to me and before my time so there’s no nostalgia factor.  Coupled with the fact he’s a kid in most of this footy, it’s not very appealing to me however avant garde it may have been. 

I was overstating it with “unwatchable” though.  I assumed everyone was sort of joking around here with people saying funny stuff like Carroll is better than MJ.

botefdunn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 736
« Reply #252 on: January 12, 2024, 09:52:27 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

I wish I could enjoy watching teenage carrol in EMB, it seems everyone really loves it.  Someone’s watching it monthly?

In fairness most parts from 30+ years ago are a little dated to me and before my time so there’s no nostalgia factor.  Coupled with the fact he’s a kid in most of this footy, it’s not very appealing to me however avant garde it may have been. 

I was overstating it with “unwatchable” though.  I assumed everyone was sort of joking around here with people saying funny stuff like Carroll is better than MJ.

Funny, I truly believe that if this part came out tomorrow, same fits, same tricks, it would be the freshest thing and he could be skating for polarr or palace on the strength of it.

Ishaboi

• Rep: -1
« Reply #253 on: January 13, 2024, 03:33:39 AM »
Newphone fried confirmed

Yonnycage

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -95
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #254 on: January 13, 2024, 03:38:20 AM »
Dude said avant garde lol

Newphone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -526
« Reply #255 on: January 13, 2024, 06:33:38 AM »
Dude said avant garde lol

Vocabulary shaming is so passé.

Kanye Omari West

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -361
« Reply #256 on: January 13, 2024, 12:38:50 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

Nothing wrong with having an opinion but just take this gem of not speaking on things before your time because in all fairness you weren't there. You couldn't know the climate and weight of what was being done at the time so how could you have an understanding of the progression based solely on that contribution?

It's like hearing half of a sentence and interpreting it as a full idea when you're missing the other piece that gives it context.

Lenny the Fatface

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 331
« Reply #257 on: January 13, 2024, 02:15:55 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Yeah, that's wild. I guess the skate industry is still pretty fast and loose. On my job hunt, I had to create a mock example of the sort of work I do, with all fictional information, and sent it out with a disclaimer clearly stating such. I can't imagine how you do that when they own your creative ideas. After I got the job, my new boss told me it would have been major red flags to just send them proprietary info from my old job; I'd have never been hired.

Forgive my ignorance, but did SJ excel at Adidas?
[close]

u had to crunch an example excel .csv and show your work and that somehow makes u feel entitled to talk paternal ?!

in keeping with topic:

mike carroll is better than marc johnson at skateboarding
[close]

Yeah sure, one of the most innovative street skaters of the past two decades versus a feeble-on-a-ledge-ass type of guy... smh

This whole argument is stupid, but by your logic you are also saying Dr Jay is better than Shaq.

And for what it’s worth about this years old MJ vs MC shit, I’ll always side with the employee in stuff unless they just weren’t producing or created a toxic work environment, which wasn’t the case at the time. What MC did with kicking him off chocolate over some lakai shit was cowardly, but nobody’s perfect.

BartHarleyJarvis

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1160
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #258 on: January 13, 2024, 02:18:55 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Yeah, that's wild. I guess the skate industry is still pretty fast and loose. On my job hunt, I had to create a mock example of the sort of work I do, with all fictional information, and sent it out with a disclaimer clearly stating such. I can't imagine how you do that when they own your creative ideas. After I got the job, my new boss told me it would have been major red flags to just send them proprietary info from my old job; I'd have never been hired.

Forgive my ignorance, but did SJ excel at Adidas?
[close]

u had to crunch an example excel .csv and show your work and that somehow makes u feel entitled to talk paternal ?!

in keeping with topic:

mike carroll is better than marc johnson at skateboarding
[close]

Yeah sure, one of the most innovative street skaters of the past two decades versus a feeble-on-a-ledge-ass type of guy... smh
[close]

This whole argument is stupid, but by your logic you are also saying Dr Jay is better than Shaq.

Damn is Shaq doing feebles on ledges???

DirtyBurger

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 116
« Reply #259 on: January 13, 2024, 03:33:42 PM »
Fuck - Marry - Kill

Mike Carroll
Marc Johnson
Andy Anderson

Go!

Fuck Marc Johnson, marry Mike Carroll, kill myself. Andy just watches.

botefdunn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 736
« Reply #260 on: January 13, 2024, 04:18:36 PM »
Expand Quote
Fuck - Marry - Kill

Mike Carroll
Marc Johnson
Andy Anderson

Go!
[close]

Fuck Marc Johnson, marry Mike Carroll, kill myself. Andy just watches with his helmet on

Mystical Leader

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -134
« Reply #261 on: January 14, 2024, 01:29:56 AM »
Gotta say cracked out carrol skating sketchy at emb and somehow this guy came the style lord some of you cream over…

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3370
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #262 on: January 14, 2024, 07:13:22 AM »
Gotta say cracked out carrol skating sketchy at emb and somehow this guy came the style lord some of you cream over…

Ar enough saying that Carroll achieving god status against all odds is incredible or that people who hold his skating in high esteem are idiots?

Coldpizza

• Rep: 166
« Reply #263 on: January 14, 2024, 07:49:11 AM »
Burgers are better than pizza.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

mattchew

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 363
« Reply #264 on: January 14, 2024, 08:00:41 AM »
Burgers are better than pizza.

Username does NOT check out.
P R E P A R E  T O  T I M E C O D E

MC3

• Rep: 139
  • "That's a Helluva price to pay for being stylish!"
« Reply #265 on: January 14, 2024, 08:15:45 AM »
he's cold on pizza
(Cool Trick GIF)

Mystical Leader

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -134
« Reply #266 on: January 14, 2024, 08:45:36 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Ar enough saying that Carroll achieving god status against all odds is incredible or that people who hold his skating in high esteem are idiots?

Both. I’m stoked for mc and not stoked for the idiots who idolise him.. MC on false gods..

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3370
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #267 on: January 14, 2024, 09:17:18 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Both. I’m stoked for mc and not stoked for the idiots who idolise him.. MC on false gods..

You’re playing 4-D chess and I’m simply struggling to figure out what game we’re playing.

GardenSkater77

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1094
« Reply #268 on: January 14, 2024, 09:20:55 AM »
he's cold on pizza

Hot pizza>burgers>cold pizza

Heat that shit up.

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal