Author Topic: Japan  (Read 15484 times)

disclosed

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 181
Re: Japan
« Reply #210 on: February 07, 2024, 10:52:44 AM »
If you visit Yokohama (which you definitely should) the best parks are Nissan stadium near Shin-Yokohama (gin woos home spot, among others) and Umikaze in Yokosuka (the Hongo Bros, Ryuhei Kitazuma, etc.).  Blaze Pipe (head shop) has a fun mini ramp. Best skate shop probably is Laquer, next to Kannai station.

i know all of those but they're kinda out of the way (not uncommon for skateparks in japan tho). like if i go to Yokohama that means i'm going to El Puente. Blaze Pipe is really close. but the others are way to far away from there for my dumb ass to not get lost.
Umikaze allways looks fun. but it's so damn far.

rant time.
i'm allways kinda bummed when i have to register at a skatepark. or worse. i have to register somewhere thats not the skatepark. before i go to the skatepark. and don't you dare ride your skateboard in between those places. its such an annoying process where i can't see the point of it. and writing a japanese adress in latin alphabet doesn't even fit on those damn forms.

steezenking

• Rep: 15
« Reply #211 on: February 08, 2024, 01:17:18 PM »
If you visit Yokohama (which you definitely should) the best parks are Nissan stadium near Shin-Yokohama (gin woos home spot, among others) and Umikaze in Yokosuka (the Hongo Bros, Ryuhei Kitazuma, etc.).  Blaze Pipe (head shop) has a fun mini ramp. Best skate shop probably is Laquer, next to Kannai station.

Yokohama will always hold a special place in my head since getting a (probably) minor concussion on the roller coaster at Cosmo World. Good times.

Skibb

• Rep: 68
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #212 on: February 23, 2024, 04:39:40 AM »
Not contributing with much here, except that I really wanna go to Japan and that this edit made me want it even more.

disclosed

« Reply #213 on: February 24, 2024, 07:01:04 AM »
Not contributing with much here, except that I really wanna go to Japan and that this edit made me want it even more.

damn. thanks for sharing. i'm exited now! only one more week and i'll be in japan.
that back slappy crook on the ledge broke my brain.

i know most famous spots in tokyo and osaka. but i cant for the life of me figure out where that osaka spot with the roll on grind is..

disclosed

« Reply #214 on: February 24, 2024, 10:58:04 AM »
Finally returning march 3rd-16. Probably going to bring my trucks and buy a deck there. If anyone wants to skate. When I lived there in 2019, didn't really have much money so it will be nice to experience the city now that that isn't a concern lol.

march 7th is Midnight Express at Heavy Sick Zero in nakano. dont know if thats anything you'd like. but if it is, dont miss it.

Pbn_jake

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 33
« Reply #215 on: March 06, 2024, 01:19:42 PM »
Any recs for Osaka? Particularly in the umeda ward?

disclosed

« Reply #216 on: March 06, 2024, 07:36:03 PM »

This place in the video is in umeda.. endless possibilities.
youre also only like 4 metro stops away from americamura where triangle park is and spotaka skateshop/park.

https://youtu.be/BOyZhnFgmFA?si=qtt_0vEbCCY9qpG3

Pbn_jake

« Reply #217 on: March 07, 2024, 12:31:04 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

youre also only like 4 metro stops away from americamura where triangle park is and spotaka skateshop/park.

Misunderstood the shit out of my wife, we’re in the chuo ward. But I am like 10 minutes away from spotaka

concerned_parent

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #218 on: March 07, 2024, 04:30:58 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Misunderstood the shit out of my wife, we’re in the chuo ward. But I am like 10 minutes away from spotaka

we stayed here back in October - Hotel Keihan Ekimae right outside of Temmabashi Station. a lot of stuff we went to was spread out throughout Osaka but day trips to Nara and Kyoto were sick. I'll have mostly non-skate related recommendations but here were some of our highlights from there:

if you're into breweries - Kamigata Beer is in an old onsen house and the brew is phenomenal (https://kamigatabeer.co.jp/)

The flea market at Shinnetoji Temple (i believe held on weekends, maybe just saturday) is pretty insane. Lot's of sick vintage clothes / goods, handmade goods, and i got a phenomenal okonomiyaki for 300y.

I believe the original Kura conveyor belt sushi is on Dontonburi St. We went there and it was a bit of a wait but it was pretty yum and not super expensive.

Also - a short walk from where we were staying (maybe 10-15min) we found a phenomenal omakase style restauarant called Tosara that we got a last second reservation at. easily top 5 meals i've ever had in my life (https://restaurant.ikyu.com/122349/?ikgo=2)

And just walking around we stumbled upon triangle park which was awesome to see in person.
good come sausage

Pbn_jake

« Reply #219 on: March 07, 2024, 02:17:24 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

we stayed here back in October - Hotel Keihan Ekimae right outside of Temmabashi Station. a lot of stuff we went to was spread out throughout Osaka but day trips to Nara and Kyoto were sick. I'll have mostly non-skate related recommendations but here were some of our highlights from there:

if you're into breweries - Kamigata Beer is in an old onsen house and the brew is phenomenal (https://kamigatabeer.co.jp/)

The flea market at Shinnetoji Temple (i believe held on weekends, maybe just saturday) is pretty insane. Lot's of sick vintage clothes / goods, handmade goods, and i got a phenomenal okonomiyaki for 300y.

I believe the original Kura conveyor belt sushi is on Dontonburi St. We went there and it was a bit of a wait but it was pretty yum and not super expensive.

Also - a short walk from where we were staying (maybe 10-15min) we found a phenomenal omakase style restauarant called Tosara that we got a last second reservation at. easily top 5 meals i've ever had in my life (https://restaurant.ikyu.com/122349/?ikgo=2)

And just walking around we stumbled upon triangle park which was awesome to see in person.

Do you have a pin for the temple? I tried googling and got nothing

concerned_parent

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #220 on: March 08, 2024, 06:59:45 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

wow i butchered the spelling. Google "Shi-Tennoji Temple Market" and there ya go!
good come sausage

Pbn_jake

« Reply #221 on: March 08, 2024, 01:19:32 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

wow i butchered the spelling. Google "Shi-Tennoji Temple Market" and there ya go!

Thank you!

boofactory

• Rep: 24
« Reply #222 on: March 20, 2024, 12:21:05 PM »
Anyone know of any street transition spots in Tokyo/Osaka? Going to be in Tokyo from March 31st-April 12th, if anyone wants to link to skate and film some clips or grab some drinks, hit me up on Instagram, @gabe.mckenna

disclosed

« Reply #223 on: March 26, 2024, 05:52:01 AM »
Anyone know of any street transition spots in Tokyo/Osaka? Going to be in Tokyo from March 31st-April 12th, if anyone wants to link to skate and film some clips or grab some drinks, hit me up on Instagram, @gabe.mckenna

i know some street QP's in Tokyo. and one like bowl like spot in Osaka. i can DM you the locations if you want.

hit up Golden Age skateshop. the owner can probably help you find some street transitions and hes more a transition skater too.

just got back form japan last night. the weather was colder and rainier than usual this march so that kinda sucked. didn't get to skate as much as i wish cause of that, but i had a great time!
got to meet tons of cool people again.
got to skate triangle park and Herbis a lot in Osaka, Naka river spots and Koganei park in Tokyo, Went to a Midnight Express event in Heavy Sick Zero. and skated 2 private DIY's in Saitama and Tochigi.
i visited Yokosuka for a gig, and was super close to Umikaze but it rained that day.

boofactory

• Rep: 24
« Reply #224 on: March 26, 2024, 11:03:01 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

i know some street QP's in Tokyo. and one like bowl like spot in Osaka. i can DM you the locations if you want.

hit up Golden Age skateshop. the owner can probably help you find some street transitions and hes more a transition skater too.

just got back form japan last night. the weather was colder and rainier than usual this march so that kinda sucked. didn't get to skate as much as i wish cause of that, but i had a great time!
got to meet tons of cool people again.
got to skate triangle park and Herbis a lot in Osaka, Naka river spots and Koganei park in Tokyo, Went to a Midnight Express event in Heavy Sick Zero. and skated 2 private DIY's in Saitama and Tochigi.
i visited Yokosuka for a gig, and was super close to Umikaze but it rained that day.

Shoot that dm! Good looks, sounds like you had a rad trip! I’ll be visiting from the north east and we just got a big snow storm this past weekend, anything beats this cold weather here, haha.

steezenking

• Rep: 15
« Reply #225 on: March 29, 2024, 07:50:33 AM »

https://maps.app.goo.gl/bBrypp9DV6zVhhkN8

https://maps.app.goo.gl/vxGYVjq42Camg9mX7

Obviously a nighttime, early morning spot as it will never not be packed during the day. I always thought it would be skateable.

Not A Damn Chance

• Rep: 96
  • Banned from Slam
« Reply #226 on: May 13, 2024, 09:34:22 AM »
Just arrived in Fukuoka, first time in Japan! Currently staying by Hakata Port. I have no idea what’s around or what to check out.
Unfortunately only got a few spots in Fukuoka, hoping to find more. I will be aimlessly wondering through the country. After Fukuoka, I’m planning on visiting Hiroshima, Osaka, then Tokyo.
I’ve been searching the forum threads. Would love any suggestions or recommendations, I’m open to anything! Also would love to add some more cities to the itinerary. I appreciate any help!
Arigato
« Last Edit: May 13, 2024, 09:46:39 AM by Not A Damn Chance »