Author Topic: Japan  (Read 9142 times)

iwishicouldssbts

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 2
Re: Japan
« Reply #150 on: January 07, 2023, 09:25:02 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
did the whole getting my proof of vaccination approved for my trip the other night.
man it was so annoying. doesnt help i'm an idiot either. but the site stopped working properly multiple times and had to start over again each time. wouln't accept the adress of accommodation either. couln't copy paste the info they needed either, every time only half the stuf i paste would show and i'd have to type out the rest by hand.
but i made it! my proof got accepted so that one less thing to worry about.

i've said it before, i will forever hate japanese adresses they're soo long! remember last time i had to write out the whole damn adress of my hostel each time i wanted to skate the local skatepark..
[close]

Same, just got all my documents accepted as well. I couldn't find a place to stay in the area you recommended, but I luckily got a place near Asakusa for relatively cheap, close to the train lines. Did some digging looking on google earth and youtube and found some cool street spots close by. I really do wanna branch outside of Tokyo and go to Osaka/Kyoto like Jones recommended, but I think I'm just gonna keep it simple and stay in Tokyo to not complicate things because of booking all of the accomodations/timing things/budget and stuff. I do still wanna go on a day trip outside of Tokyo and maybe hit up an onsen like Hakone or something.
[close]

oh nice you'll be staying near that endless bank spot. you've probably seen it, realy famous.
also near a little covered skatepark unde the highway if its still there.
and ofcourse all the harbour spots.
you're staying near the Chuo line that goes throught Asakusa?

@whitemanjazz
i'll be there in March
late April early May is a really good time to go. went once around that time and the weather was perfect all the time. any later than that and you'll be stuck in the humid ass summer thats not fun at all to skate in. definitly go if you can.

@disclosed yup, I could easily get to Shinjuku station on that line I believe, so it looks pretty convenient. And yeah, that fun bank spot that everyone goes to haha, got that pinned on my phone already. Didn't know there was a skatepark nearby that area though, so that's sick (if it's still there like you said).

@whitemanjazz I'll be there for three weeks starting in the beginning/early May.

disclosed

• Rep: 104
« Reply #151 on: January 07, 2023, 09:48:10 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
did the whole getting my proof of vaccination approved for my trip the other night.
man it was so annoying. doesnt help i'm an idiot either. but the site stopped working properly multiple times and had to start over again each time. wouln't accept the adress of accommodation either. couln't copy paste the info they needed either, every time only half the stuf i paste would show and i'd have to type out the rest by hand.

i've said it before, i will forever hate japanese adresses they're soo long! remember last time i had to write out the whole damn adress of my hostel each time i wanted to skate the local skatepark..
[close]

Same, just got all my documents accepted as well. I couldn't find a place to stay in the area you recommended, but I luckily got a place near Asakusa for relatively cheap, close to the train lines. Did some digging looking on google earth and youtube and found some cool street spots close by. I really do wanna branch outside of Tokyo and go to Osaka/Kyoto like Jones recommended, but I think I'm just gonna keep it simple and stay in Tokyo to not complicate things because of booking all of the accomodations/timing things/budget and stuff. I do still wanna go on a day trip outside of Tokyo and maybe hit up an onsen like Hakone or something.
[close]

oh nice you'll be staying near that endless bank spot. you've probably seen it, realy famous.

@whitemanjazz
i'll be there in March
late April early May is a really good time to go. went once around that time and the weather was perfect all the time. any later than that and you'll be stuck in the humid ass summer thats not fun at all to skate in. definitly go if you can.
[close]

@disclosed yup, I could easily get to Shinjuku station on that line I believe, so it looks pretty convenient. And yeah, that fun bank spot that everyone goes to haha, got that pinned on my phone already. Didn't know there was a skatepark nearby that area though, so that's sick (if it's still there like you said).

@whitemanjazz I'll be there for three weeks starting in the beginning/early May.

yeah Chuo line is a great connection. both in Akiba and Shinjuku you can transfer to the Yamanote line making it easy to get most places.

here it is. got some wooden boxes and ramps. and aparently also a miniramp now.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Tsutsumidori+Koen+Skate+Board+Park/@35.7244132,139.810699,226m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m13!1m7!3m6!1s0x605d1b87f02e57e7:0x2e01618b22571b89!2sTokio,+Japan!3b1!8m2!3d35.6761919!4d139.6503106!3m4!1s0x60188f5b61f09ab9:0xebede0840f25e131!8m2!3d35.7244157!4d139.8106986

iwishicouldssbts

• Rep: 2
« Reply #152 on: January 07, 2023, 10:02:16 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

@whitemanjazz
i'll be there in March
[close]

[close]

yeah Chuo line is a great connection. both in Akiba and Shinjuku you can transfer to the Yamanote line making it easy to get most places.

here it is. got some wooden boxes and ramps. and aparently also a miniramp now.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Tsutsumidori+Koen+Skate+Board+Park/@35.7244132,139.810699,226m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m13!1m7!3m6!1s0x605d1b87f02e57e7:0x2e01618b22571b89!2sTokio,+Japan!3b1!8m2!3d35.6761919!4d139.6503106!3m4!1s0x60188f5b61f09ab9:0xebede0840f25e131!8m2!3d35.7244157!4d139.8106986

You're awesome, thank you! I'll definitely hit that up

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 248
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #153 on: January 07, 2023, 10:29:19 AM »
Too humid to skate end of May/first few weeks of June?