Author Topic: Hockey Talk  (Read 224957 times)

JAM

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 1
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Hockey Talk
« Reply #1890 on: April 24, 2014, 12:19:11 PM »
Expand Quote
PKs the next Dion Phaneuf.....
[close]
http://wewantacup.com/headlines/2349-ease-up-on-dion-phaneuf

This article nails it. Phaneuf is the only guy who can play the minutes he gets, and has a weak supporting cast. Gunnarsson is good, but he isn't a top two defensemen. Get the guy some fucking help.

Never understood why anyone backs Phaneuf.  Always referring to how many minutes he plays. Ok great, he plays 24 minutes. He plays poorly, he makes bad decisions, pinches at the worst times ( and rarely recovers the puck) and is slow as a dinosaur. For 7 million.

abraham linksys

« Reply #1891 on: April 24, 2014, 04:11:54 PM »
pre game
boston takes game 4 in hockeytown in a close game.
colorado wins big in minnesota in OT.
sharks get their brooms out and sweep the kings.

waltercronkite

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 179
« Reply #1892 on: April 24, 2014, 09:33:12 PM »
Yeah...but I wanna see Boston play Montreal.....

I think Chicago might claw their way through St. Louis but San Jose or Anaheim will pull through in the west.

Love the way Colorado and Dallas look though.....the bottom feeders of the west will stay at the bottom for awhile....

Its the only way.

I will say it was nice seeing zetterberg on the ice tonight. Saturday's game is going to be a barn burner

abraham linksys

« Reply #1893 on: April 24, 2014, 10:39:01 PM »
detroit is done for they might win game 5 but that's it for them. id rather see montreal /boston anyway.
didn't watch much of colorado/minnesota but when I was watching it I didn't see colorado get 1 shot on net.
sharks/kings is still over and the sharks will win but quick actually made some good saves tonight. maybe 6 games
stoked it got nasty at the end there and that the kings have some fight in em. shout out to my dog LD at the game.

White Owl

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 10
« Reply #1894 on: April 24, 2014, 10:46:04 PM »
detroit is done for they might win game 5 but that's it for them. id rather see montreal /boston anyway.
didn't watch much of colorado/minnesota but when I was watching it I didn't see colorado get 1 shot on net.
sharks/kings is still over and the sharks will win but quick actually made some good saves tonight. maybe 6 games
stoked it got nasty at the end there and that the kings have some fight in em. shout out to my dog LD at the game.

if we make it back home for a game six i think we can make it to game 7. Richards and carter did it with philly. Im still worried about game 5 though..... the shark tank is a tough building to win in

Jim and Dan

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 495
  • Twenty-six Conversions in A.D. 46
« Reply #1895 on: April 25, 2014, 08:05:14 AM »
Detroit had the Bruins right where the wanted them last night & just let it all unravel @ Joe Louis . . .

We'll take game 5 and be on to Montreal next round . . .  >:(  >:(  >:(
Roll for Rusty, Frip, Dapple and Tate

"My boiz better take my body, and boardslide me down the fucking bridge, in San Francisco"

waltercronkite

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1896 on: April 25, 2014, 09:13:08 AM »
Detroit had the Bruins right where the wanted them last night & just let it all unravel @ Joe Louis . . .

Not sure about that, marchy missed two empty netters and we still won, it was a back and forth game but to say you had us right where you wanted us is a little far fetched.

Jim and Dan

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 495
  • Twenty-six Conversions in A.D. 46
« Reply #1897 on: April 25, 2014, 11:54:31 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Not sure about that, marchy missed two empty netters and we still won, it was a back and forth game but to say you had us right where you wanted us is a little far fetched.

I'm a Bruins fan too Mr.Cronkite.  ;D  ;D  ;D

i.e. Detroit came out hot in the first period, scored 2 goals quick & blew it.

i.e. We don't have the strongest record against Montreal in the playoffs.
Roll for Rusty, Frip, Dapple and Tate

"My boiz better take my body, and boardslide me down the fucking bridge, in San Francisco"

abraham linksys

« Reply #1898 on: April 25, 2014, 02:05:54 PM »
pregame again whatever
the philedelphia flyers win at home in OT. hope there's some good fighting in this game. wayne simmonds I'm talking to you!
chicago/st.louis is a great series hope it goes 7 games but st.louis wins tonight.
dallas/anaheim is interesting I don't know who has the momentum right now but ill say ducks take the W.

Nick..

« Reply #1899 on: April 25, 2014, 06:14:38 PM »
MacKinnon, Palat and Johnson nominated for the Calder (let's go Bolts!) and Bishop, Rask, and Varlamov nominated for the Vezina.

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 385
« Reply #1900 on: April 25, 2014, 08:09:38 PM »
That Toews can sure play hockey.

waltercronkite

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1901 on: April 25, 2014, 09:58:59 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

We'll take game 5 and be on to Montreal next round . . .  >:(  >:(  >:(
[close]

[close]

I'm a Bruins fan too Mr.Cronkite.  ;D  ;D  ;D

i.e. Detroit came out hot in the first period, scored 2 goals quick & blew it.

i.e. We don't have the strongest record against Montreal in the playoffs.

oh hahahaha you know us bruins fans so quick to jump on the defensive my bad man I just read your post again dont know what i was thinking the first time.

I was in montreal for the series the bruins had against the canadiens in 2011 for a bachelor party weekend. I was there with my brother because his best friend was the one getting married. Anyways we went to a bar to watch game 4 and all of the tables were reserved for the game but no one was sitting at the bar so me and about 15 boston fans took up most of the bar that was right smack dab in the middle of the restaurant. Well if you can remember, that game was insane and montreal was kicking our ass needless to say we got heckled like crazy so we drank actually a lot of the canadiens fans at the bar were really nice but the people at the table surrounding the bar really were not. Anyways a spark of life went through the Bs and they tied it up going into the third so we were going crazy and you could tell the tension was getting pretty thick at the bar. In the third montreal went back up by 1 i believe and we tied it back up and then in overtime ryder lit the lamp and we all went crazy. I was 22 at the time and my brother and his friends were all in their early thirties but what do the pissed off canadien fans do, well they all target me of all the people there, mind you not only am i the youngest but i am also 5'8" and at that point i weighed probably 115 pounds so obviously i was the one to getting targeted. A couple of bald over weight middle aged men start grabbing and screaming at me and I just kept repeating take it easy take it easy when all of a sudden i feel someone pull me back and im like great what the fuck is this now but i turned and i saw two big bodies jump infront of me and i realized it was my cousin and the dude getting married jumping up (these two fuckers are huge) they grab the dude by his shirt basicaly pick him up and toss him into a table. I thought a huge fight was going to break out and we would be killed because even though my brothers friends are all big dudes we were seriously outnumbered but all that ended up happening was those two throwing that guy and pushing a bunch of dudes back, there was a lot of swearing and yelling and me and another older guy grappled a little and both basically fell over each other like a couple of drunks and we all walked out of the bar laughing and feeling pretty good.

I dont know why i told you guys this story but just thinking about it takes me back ahhh 2011 what a good year haha

Edit: oh and you know fuck the habs!
« Last Edit: April 25, 2014, 10:00:46 PM by waltercronkite »

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #1902 on: April 25, 2014, 10:05:57 PM »
St Louis is sooo good they just don't have that X factor. Chicago rifles off 3 straight, that can't happen especially after being up 2-0. Same story happened last year with LA. Mentally weak? Lack of killer instinct? Parity? I don't know.. They sure aren't a scary team 5 on 5, hope chicago crushes them next game

Nick..

« Reply #1903 on: April 25, 2014, 10:09:00 PM »
Fuck Chicago, I want to see someone else in the west like St.Louis, Dallas, or San Jose go deep into the playoffs for once.

Not to mention I really like St.Louis. Tarasenko is too good.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1586
« Reply #1904 on: April 25, 2014, 11:12:39 PM »
It's all gonna work out.....st Louis is a good team...they just need another year or two....they all think this is the year....but they have enough pieces that they'll be around for a bit.....hopefully they don't do something stupid to keep Miller....

Chicagos goin down....maybe not this series but they are weaker this year.....the best thing about the Toews goal was that it wasn't Kane....

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 385
« Reply #1905 on: April 26, 2014, 06:50:10 AM »
Aside from Tarasenko, I don't really think the Blues aren't a team that can pull out the finesse and stick handling that's necessary to get shit done in the play-offs.  Throwing around your weight can only get you so far, especially since the NHL told the refs to cut that shit out after the first two games.  

I'm really surprised how many rebounds Miller gives up.  If your team has to swarm in front of you after every shot because there's a good chance you're going to give up the puck, you're really messing up.

planman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 374
  • Morpheus drinking a 40 in a death basket
« Reply #1906 on: April 26, 2014, 08:59:40 AM »
Living in Chicago, I'd love to see the Blackhawks win their series but only if the Wild win theirs so I can rub it in all of my friends faces when the Wild beat the Blackhawks in 6

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down

abraham linksys

« Reply #1907 on: April 26, 2014, 12:04:57 PM »
boston ends the series today at home.
hope columbus beats the penguins but sadly pittsburgh takes game 5.
colorado wins in OT.
sharks will win unless the kings get them more interested in fighting then hockey.

I also agree that the blackhawks are tight n all but id rather see st.louis go on.

Nick..

« Reply #1908 on: April 26, 2014, 12:50:03 PM »
Aside from Tarasenko, I don't really think the Blues aren't a team that can pull out the finesse and stick handling that's necessary to get shit done in the play-offs.  Throwing around your weight can only get you so far, especially since the NHL told the refs to cut that shit out after the first two games.  

I'm really surprised how many rebounds Miller gives up.  If your team has to swarm in front of you after every shot because there's a good chance you're going to give up the puck, you're really messing up.
They're not finesse at all, but their team is just so perfectly balanced offensively and defensively, it's great to watch. Hitchcock's system has worked wonderfully for them.

planman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1909 on: April 26, 2014, 06:01:15 PM »
Bruins/Habs is going to be a fucking war

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down

Nick..

« Reply #1910 on: April 26, 2014, 06:22:47 PM »
I hope Montreal gets their asses kicked.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1911 on: April 26, 2014, 07:25:22 PM »
The best part is someone's gonna lose.....

waltercronkite

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1912 on: April 26, 2014, 08:25:51 PM »
Id be kind of pissed at the way that game was called if i was detroit there were a lot of shitty penalties in that game and most of them came at the expense of the red wings.

abraham linksys

« Reply #1913 on: April 26, 2014, 09:52:46 PM »
boston ends the series today at home.
hope columbus beats the penguins but sadly pittsburgh takes game 5.
colorado wins in OT.
sharks will win unless the kings get them more interested in fighting then hockey.
I also agree that the blackhawks are tight n all but id rather see st.louis go on.
got em all right except for those sharks. so flat and on their heels the whole game.
they better wake up before it slips through their fingers as usual.
this one was tight tho always love goals with the goalie pulled. actually a bunch these playoffs and the place went nuts.

planman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1914 on: April 26, 2014, 09:54:00 PM »

Pippen

• Rep: 16
« Reply #1915 on: April 26, 2014, 11:42:16 PM »
his back foot's on the other side so he's straddling.  not offsides

Tracer

• Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1916 on: April 26, 2014, 11:47:05 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
It will be an emotional series, it's bad they have to wait for other series to finish. MLB the games get played ASAP, doesn't matter if previous round is being played. Get it over with I want to be on the beach in June not watching hockey. NHL has a ton of work to do, their structure is absolutely the worst in pro sports

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1917 on: April 26, 2014, 11:57:20 PM »
Boston is better than everyone in the East.....but they aren't that much better.....and they can shit the bed as good as anyone.....

Even if that dudes call was wrong....fuck calling it back.....the game doesnt need any more stoppages.....

Tracer

« Reply #1918 on: April 27, 2014, 12:00:56 AM »
LA is playing killer right now, SJ on the verge of another collapse?? Getting shutout in your own building must hurt, SJ is shook they can't handle playoffs never could. Does anyone see this team advancing and having a good chance to win?

planman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1919 on: April 27, 2014, 01:26:36 AM »
his back foot's on the other side so he's straddling.  not offsides
The rules say his skate has to be on the ice. His back skate isn't on the ice, therefore it's offsides.

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
It will be an emotional series, it's bad they have to wait for other series to finish. MLB the games get played ASAP, doesn't matter if previous round is being played. Get it over with I want to be on the beach in June not watching hockey. NHL has a ton of work to do, their structure is absolutely the worst in pro sports
This is exactly why I ignore you
« Last Edit: April 27, 2014, 01:28:48 AM by planman »