Author Topic: BATB12  (Read 309959 times)

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 953
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
Re: BATB12
« Reply #3000 on: April 19, 2022, 08:06:45 AM »
I just wanna acknowledge mike mo’s style and ability. I respect that skateboarding for sure.

Even more so post injury. I also am a post injury skater. I was in a wheelchair for 9 months at age 20-21.

When I came back in 99 I just got focused on switch super hard.

Today I walk funny but I can skate as good as anyone
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

Cool Ceith

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 614
  • Did someone say sassy?
« Reply #3001 on: April 19, 2022, 08:53:20 AM »
I just wanna acknowledge mike mo’s style and ability. I respect that skateboarding for sure.

Even more so post injury. I also am a post injury skater. I was in a wheelchair for 9 months at age 20-21.

That's rad. It reminds of me of an old interview with Salman Agah talking about how he got super progressive with nollie and switch because he fucked up his ankle regs.

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1180
  • old and in the way
« Reply #3002 on: April 19, 2022, 01:33:51 PM »

That’s how I feel about his skating too. I get that some people may have a difficult time watching him because it looks like he might be in pain or unhappy with his current ability, but the fact that he’s on such a high level while dealing with dropfoot is really inspiring to me.

el chino

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -376
  • ants suck!
« Reply #3003 on: April 19, 2022, 08:12:46 PM »
Expand Quote

Yikes
[close]

Is Felipe Mota’s board made out of concrete?  What’s happening here??
looks like this happened the next day after hucking down a massive set for a few hours, little dude just seemed powerless
<iframe class="imgur-album" width="100%" height="550" frameborder="0" src="http://imgur.com/a/8ph4y/embed"></iframe>

ilchymis

• Rep: -8
« Reply #3004 on: April 19, 2022, 09:16:27 PM »
Just watched a Jamie Griffin YouTube video on Hop King’s channel of his doing flat ground in preparation for the Giger vs Griffin game. The Hop King crew are flying to Switzerland and they’re playing there. Hop King replied with a comment saying that this was the “only financial way this match would happen” which implies that the Berrics wouldn’t fly them both out to LA. If that’s true, that is incredibly fucked up seeing as that the Berrics is going to make an insane amount of ad revenue on this match.

Such a fucking bummer. It’s clear Berra didn’t want to fly out both of them. “Figure out how to play each other, I’ve got one ticket for the winner. Good luck, chumps.”

On second thought, maybe he assumed their sponsors would fly them out for “eXpOsUrE”, but then they saw the shitshow it has become and changed their mind. I know to a lot of folks they just do sloppy circus tricks, but I’m a sucker for that type of shit.

Skatebeard

• Rep: 130
« Reply #3005 on: April 19, 2022, 11:19:53 PM »
Expand Quote
Just watched a Jamie Griffin YouTube video on Hop King’s channel of his doing flat ground in preparation for the Giger vs Griffin game. The Hop King crew are flying to Switzerland and they’re playing there. Hop King replied with a comment saying that this was the “only financial way this match would happen” which implies that the Berrics wouldn’t fly them both out to LA. If that’s true, that is incredibly fucked up seeing as that the Berrics is going to make an insane amount of ad revenue on this match.
[close]

Such a fucking bummer. It’s clear Berra didn’t want to fly out both of them. “Figure out how to play each other, I’ve got one ticket for the winner. Good luck, chumps.”

On second thought, maybe he assumed their sponsors would fly them out for “eXpOsUrE”, but then they saw the shitshow it has become and changed their mind. I know to a lot of folks they just do sloppy circus tricks, but I’m a sucker for that type of shit.

Ironic that one of the most interesting match ups of BATB12 isn't even going to be held at the Berrics, and the fact that it's two guys who actually seem to take it fairly seriously. Shame.

OldSkater

• Rep: -49
« Reply #3006 on: April 20, 2022, 07:24:25 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Ironic that one of the most interesting match ups of BATB12 isn't even going to be held at the Berrics, and the fact that it's two guys who actually seem to take it fairly seriously. Shame.

just yet another indication of how badly berra is fucking up this season of BATB.

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 146
« Reply #3007 on: April 22, 2022, 09:19:31 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

If i was running a skate company I doubt I'd want my company's agreement on that shit show even if my skaters were serious about it.   I would argue that Cepeda winning really didn't go anywhere and the berrics was in a good position at that time too.

Cool Ceith

• SLAP Pal
  • Did someone say sassy?
« Reply #3008 on: April 22, 2022, 10:11:02 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

If i was running a skate company I doubt I'd want my company's agreement on that shit show even if my skaters were serious about it.   I would argue that Cepeda winning really didn't go anywhere and the berrics was in a good position at that time too.
Cody kinda made the mistake of accepting a Sovrn sponsorship when he should've just stayed with DGK. That brand is like a clearinghouse for promising skaters—who knows what kind of promises are being made to these guys but one thing's for sure it's just a pit stop. Dashawn, Midler, Fardell etc

goeatsomefriedbread

• Rep: 268
« Reply #3009 on: April 22, 2022, 11:42:24 AM »

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1115
« Reply #3010 on: April 22, 2022, 12:13:04 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

That’s how I feel about his skating too. I get that some people may have a difficult time watching him because it looks like he might be in pain or unhappy with his current ability, but the fact that he’s on such a high level while dealing with dropfoot is really inspiring to me.

I liked the Koston and Mo stuff. I’m old, it’s good to see people out there skating.
I’m very stoked Mike Mo is skating. If I take his comments about not skating at face value, I am fairly confident that is what he would regret the most later on in life: just not continuing to skate, in whatever capacity. I can’t imagine how difficult it would be to go from one of the best, to not being able to skate in a way you identify with, but I can say that I regret that time I didn’t skate. I’m garbage at skating, so any landed trick is a decent feeling.

conqueso

« Reply #3011 on: April 22, 2022, 03:09:21 PM »
gonna be rootin for 'shrimp daddy' to take the batb 12 title

LB

• Rep: 57
« Reply #3012 on: April 22, 2022, 03:30:12 PM »

this made me watch a hopking vid and that dehuna guy pushes like he shat himself.  cant unsee it now

bssmithslide

• Rep: -41
« Reply #3013 on: April 22, 2022, 08:53:01 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Yikes
[close]

Is Felipe Mota’s board made out of concrete?  What’s happening here??
[close]
looks like this happened the next day after hucking down a massive set for a few hours, little dude just seemed powerless

what's happening here is proof that although it's less  dangerous ground/flat bars are actually harder to skate then stairs/hand rails. Take el toro if you go fast enough you don't even need to ollie, just clear to where the rail becomes lower then the top of the set..Jk that kid just sucks balls

Yonnycage

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -95
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #3014 on: April 22, 2022, 09:04:01 PM »
I subjected myself to that Caffeine app bullshit fight night thing just to watch Creager and Apples play and the whole thing was a shit show.

Kelly is possibly the most unprepared, deer-in-headlights ass host of all time I actually felt bad for him. Stuttering the whole time and stopping mid sentence to process what he was actually trying to say, sounded like he had tourettes. He actually apologized to whoever it was running the show like “sorry I’m all over the place” and the guy goes “no you’re doing amazing” LOL. Some dude was doing trick requests and he nailed some pretty crazy ones like crook nollie tre and back 180 nosegrind flip out in just a couple tries which was cool to watch.

Then Appleyard and Creager happened and you can tell they were just trying to get the fuck outta there. Game ended on a switch varial flip and at one point Appleyard stopped to chug down some of his modelo. Kelly X Manny Santiago commentary the whole time was just the diarrhea icing on this vomit cake. RIP Berrics time to hang it up.

Allen.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 739
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #3015 on: April 22, 2022, 09:15:59 PM »
When is the OG McGee recap
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

dallou

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 171
    • Music avatar image
« Reply #3016 on: April 23, 2022, 08:31:04 AM »
very bad game
check my music

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1180
  • old and in the way
« Reply #3017 on: April 23, 2022, 11:35:04 AM »

sigh

Coldpizza

• Rep: 166
« Reply #3018 on: April 23, 2022, 11:46:50 AM »
Fuck it, tap me in! After seeing a few of these games I might actually stand a chance!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 985
« Reply #3019 on: April 23, 2022, 01:12:55 PM »
Boosh looking guy has the tightest trucks of any person ever.

stephop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -388
« Reply #3020 on: April 23, 2022, 01:31:34 PM »

LB

« Reply #3021 on: April 23, 2022, 04:20:24 PM »

Cool Ceith

• SLAP Pal
  • Did someone say sassy?
« Reply #3022 on: April 23, 2022, 05:13:53 PM »
When is the OG McGee recap
Every Monday at 7pm PST, only on the Caffeine app.

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 953
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #3023 on: April 23, 2022, 07:02:54 PM »
Dr bawn is going to win the berries this year. It’s going to the the death blow trick to end this for ever.

Es go’s will comeback.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

ilchymis

• Rep: -8
« Reply #3024 on: April 24, 2022, 10:56:44 AM »

Back to back dolphin flips might be the best "did you seriously just do a pressure flip?" response yet.

Not great, but better than the last two 3 minute wonders.

youreamug

• Rep: 22
« Reply #3025 on: April 24, 2022, 11:03:36 AM »
I'm pretty sure that that was some camera/editing magic & it was 1 guy playing himself, just switching t-shirt/hat backwards. the back 3 was a dead giveaway

CurbyPuckit

• Rep: -40
« Reply #3026 on: April 25, 2022, 01:34:10 AM »
I'm pretty sure that that was some camera/editing magic & it was 1 guy playing himself, just switching t-shirt/hat backwards. the back 3 was a dead giveaway

2 unnecessary chain necklaces, nasty cariumas on, no sw tres are some other dead giveaways.  When he switched to B character he just pasted some caterpillars above his eyes

LB

« Reply #3027 on: April 25, 2022, 03:54:39 AM »
apologies in advance but that fakie dolphin was sweet

Lou Strux

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2242
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #3028 on: April 25, 2022, 09:05:31 AM »
I mean… I actually DID watch the 1st round, so I reckon I’ve seen these two absolutely unremarkable youths in prior match ups, but I’ve still gotta ask: WHO?!?

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

butterballs for jerry

• Rep: -56
« Reply #3029 on: April 25, 2022, 09:10:39 AM »
I can't recall a match where both skaters were so awful at skating switch as these two.

Berra's really trying to fill those brackets. Nothing notable about either one of them.
I was standing staring at the world, and I still can't see it