Author Topic: Corona Virus. What's going on where you live?  (Read 93142 times)

layzieyez

• Mods
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1489
  • Illusion Flip
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Corona Virus. What's going on where you live?
« Reply #1050 on: April 21, 2020, 07:44:11 AM »
Got my results back. Tested Negative.. Pretty stoked about that.

Also these protesters are all fucking clowns.
Good. I'm stoked for you.

The governor that cheated his way into office in Georgia is a fucking clown.

drewsmahgoos

• Rep: 6
« Reply #1051 on: April 21, 2020, 07:44:17 AM »

Super happy for you. I don't have corona symptoms but I've had an on/off headache since friday. Debating whether or not I should make the trip to the doctors tomorrow. I don't want to be around other sick people, but I would really like to figure out why my head hurts. Really getting tired of all this but whatever, I get that a lot of people have it worse than me so I'm trying to keep that in mind.

legion

• Rep: 32
« Reply #1052 on: April 21, 2020, 03:01:31 PM »
People are ALWAYS stupid and selfish, man.  But trying to force everyone to stay the fuck in for months on end won't fix things unless you can force every fuckin person to do the same.  People see politicians still going out to the gym and gettin haircuts and shit like that asshole from NY with the do as I say not as I do bullshit and it's pissing them off big time.  I see pics people take daily of teens and adults playing basketball, having street parties and all sorts of shit, so unless you're going to get the cops to stop every last living being in every neighborhood, shit's gonna be what shit's gonna be.  Seems like the states and countries who have the hardest rules in place aren't slowing any more than those that aren't these days too.

Masks are a good idea, I don't think anyone's going to argue that.  But how do you force everyone to wear one shy of having armed security at every door?  You either have to have full martial law police state, or we have to figure this fucker out with a lot of kinks in the road.
You should really watch the international news and pay attention to what's happening in Italy, Germany, and the UK.
Their rules in Italy and Germany worked. Brits are being dumbasses like us..

No shirt, no shoes, no service.
How is a mask any different?
Rules are kinda simple. Way more simple than you make it seem.
Yep. There's also fines for not wearing masks, and sheriff's dept's that said they wouldn't ticket..
« Last Edit: April 21, 2020, 03:04:17 PM by legion »

TooOldToCare

• Rep: -53
« Reply #1053 on: April 21, 2020, 05:23:57 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

you armchair politicians are fuckin sad.  EVERYONE WHO DIDN'T WIN THAT I LIKED CHEATED THEIR WAY IN
Clown ass shit from sore losers who accuse everyone else of being conspiracy minded while tinfoil hatting their way down the road.

Lord Viper Scorpion

« Reply #1054 on: April 21, 2020, 05:53:40 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I really think that if I told my managers that this conworker was sick and she shouldn’t be at work, they wouldn’t even do anything about it.
And just be like, oh John, he’s the only one who cares about that in this office poor guy.
and people who call HR about any type of negative office thing, always end up getting transferred or fired.
I love my job tbh.  I Probably/hopefully won’t be working another shift with this woman until Friday or Saturday.
Things could always be worse.
[close]
Can you do it thru an email so you have records for a potential lawsuit?
Ask HR if you should be keeping records for this potential lawsuit..
[close]
Honestly I have no interest in a potential lawsuit.

But yes I could email HR, but every employee that has contacted HR, after they have been transferred, the management always talk about it openly like, HR always tells management who it was that contacted them and then it just runs through the whole office, “did you hear so and so called HR and said this and now they got transferred”.
I think I’m just tripping a little bit over the sick person. I’m not trying to make a big deal about it irl.

Just kinda venting here. Also I checked the schedule and that woman comes in at 10am today but all 3 managers will be here also, Saturday and Sunday that I worked with her while she looked really sick, no management was here. So maybe there is a tiny chance that she will get sent home once mgmt sees it for themselves this morning.

glad you like your job so much even though it threatens your physical health and conflicts with your morals - welcome to the labour aristocracy

legion

« Last Edit: April 21, 2020, 06:41:37 PM by legion »

fakie nollie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1075
« Reply #1056 on: April 21, 2020, 06:25:36 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

you armchair politicians are fuckin sad.  EVERYONE WHO DIDN'T WIN THAT I LIKED CHEATED THEIR WAY IN
Clown ass shit from sore losers who accuse everyone else of being conspiracy minded while tinfoil hatting their way down the road.

Ok boomer

TooOldToCare

« Reply #1057 on: April 21, 2020, 07:11:45 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

Ok boomer

Memes r kewl and how the yung people communicate now!  Weee, this validates all my conspiracies!

legion

« Reply #1058 on: April 21, 2020, 08:21:29 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
We have been in lock down for the last month. And was just extended one week. Can only go to the grocery or pharmacy.

USA should be on crazy watch right now. They looking confused as hell. Algood you guys don’t like Trump, but why not listen to the doctors instead. Economy’s fucked regardless and we all going down together
[close]

The doctors change their story on this shit every day, why would we consider them the authority on something even they don't understand?

Go out, do shit, just don't be stupid and unsafe and life goes on for everyone.  We can't stay inside for a whole year, if a month hasn't fixed it, then it's going to do what it is going to do either way.
[close]

A month is very close to eliminating it for us.

Granted our boarders will be closed for a very long time
[close]

We've been closed up a month, either it's going to be fine if we reopen and be safe, or, people better just plan to never leave the house again and going broke while hoping someone will just drop free food off and pay their rent.  The same doctors who said millions would die now cut those numbers way down because none of the models were remotely accurate.  That's why many don't trust em.

Shit is bad for people who are vulnerable and likely isn't bad for those who aren't. No point in collapsing the fuckin nation or the world just so we can delay a few people getting what we'll almost all inevitably get.  If people would just be safe, we can go on with life.  Safe doesn't mean staying home forever, it just means not being fuckin stupid for the next few months.
It's pretty clear you don't understand how the modeling works and why the projections change from day to day.
Lil hints..
They update the data daily and this affects future predictions. Seen the recent westworlds?
Stay at home stuff changed the future predictions cuz it changed behavior.. hence the big change in future predictions before and after lockdowns happened.

Been enjoying the mental implosion btw

TooOldToCare

« Reply #1059 on: April 21, 2020, 09:19:10 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
We have been in lock down for the last month. And was just extended one week. Can only go to the grocery or pharmacy.

USA should be on crazy watch right now. They looking confused as hell. Algood you guys don’t like Trump, but why not listen to the doctors instead. Economy’s fucked regardless and we all going down together
[close]

The doctors change their story on this shit every day, why would we consider them the authority on something even they don't understand?

Go out, do shit, just don't be stupid and unsafe and life goes on for everyone.  We can't stay inside for a whole year, if a month hasn't fixed it, then it's going to do what it is going to do either way.
[close]

[close]

We've been closed up a month, either it's going to be fine if we reopen and be safe, or, people better just plan to never leave the house again and going broke while hoping someone will just drop free food off and pay their rent.  The same doctors who said millions would die now cut those numbers way down because none of the models were remotely accurate.  That's why many don't trust em.

Shit is bad for people who are vulnerable and likely isn't bad for those who aren't. No point in collapsing the fuckin nation or the world just so we can delay a few people getting what we'll almost all inevitably get.  If people would just be safe, we can go on with life.  Safe doesn't mean staying home forever, it just means not being fuckin stupid for the next few months.
[close]
It's pretty clear you don't understand how the modeling works and why the projections change from day to day.
Lil hints..
They update the data daily and this affects future predictions. Seen the recent westworlds?
Stay at home stuff changed the future predictions cuz it changed behavior.. hence the big change in future predictions before and after lockdowns happened.

Yah, so because the models change daily and keep being downgraded for bad outcome we need to become destitue serfs needing handouts until some asshole says we're fine, who needs to be able to make rent or pay bills when THE AIR IS GONNA KILL YA IF YOU LEAVE YER HOME.  Gotcha that I guess we're all too dumb to decide where our bounds are becuase the expert who said its he end of the world a month ago now says differently.  Call me when someone actually has some fuckin data that plays out in real life, I'll be livin as normally as I can safely while the lemmings and moles hide from the dreaded air and sunshine that will kill everyone if your barber were to open to give you a haircut.  Which I really fuckin need right now.

the only mental implosions are from all teh fucking bootlickers who cant keep their mouths shut if someone dares to say something they don't like.  And SLAP has a fuckton of them

legion

« Reply #1060 on: April 21, 2020, 09:36:41 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
Lil hints..

[close]

Yah, so because the models change daily and keep being downgraded for bad outcome we need to become destitue serfs needing handouts until some asshole says we're fine, who needs to be able to make rent or pay bills when THE AIR IS GONNA KILL YA IF YOU LEAVE YER HOME.  Gotcha that I guess we're all too dumb to decide where our bounds are becuase the expert who said its he end of the world a month ago now says differently.  Call me when someone actually has some fuckin data that plays out in real life, I'll be livin as normally as I can safely while the lemmings and moles hide from the dreaded air and sunshine that will kill everyone if your barber were to open to give you a haircut.  Which I really fuckin need right now.

the only mental implosions are from all teh fucking bootlickers who cant keep their mouths shut if someone dares to say something they don't like.  And SLAP has a fuckton of them
Who's this expert you keep referencing and what is he saying differently now?
Gonna need links..
I get it you're stressed out. Maybe step away from the keyboard and do something productive. No solutions for you on slap.
I suggest gathering up all your guns, going to the state capitol, and start shouting at the capitol building. That'll show em.

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1418
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1061 on: April 21, 2020, 09:44:05 PM »
My buddy, put this way "my grandfather survived Nazi bombing of France;" he said people need to make sacrifices and changes to survive.

Support your local take out, order ahead. Wear a bandana even and gloves-even if it looks like wack sauce. this is gonna pick up again. Sacrifrice
Well-defined ambiguity, I'm already on somebody's list as a casualty

TooOldToCare

« Reply #1062 on: April 21, 2020, 10:15:09 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
Lil hints..

[close]

[close]
Who's this expert you keep referencing and what is he saying differently now?
Gonna need links..
I get it you're stressed out. Maybe step away from the keyboard and do something productive. No solutions for you on slap.
I suggest gathering up all your guns, going to the state capitol, and start shouting at the capitol building. That'll show em.

That Fauci dude who everyone trusts but changes his fuckin line daily.  In early March he said it was stills safe enough for people to meet for casual sex hookups on one radio show and then the next week its too dangerous to keep a business open.  These are the experts youre trusting.  That rat bastard changes his story about severity daily, if you think he hasnt then I cant help you.  All the shit you read daily changes from end of the world to other shit, so excuse me if I think I'll just wear a fuckin mask and go about my biz.  But keep on being a follower who bases his life on whatever bullshit you read thats meant to make you afraid to live, Im guessin that things will be fine if you keep yourself locked away until the bad air disappears forever.

Not stressed at all just annoyed by mental midgets who imply that anyone who doesnt stop their lives is satan incarnate.  Fuckin goons everywhere, I bet you even have the local cops on speed dial so you can report your neighbor when he goes out to get the morning paper you fuckin Paul Blart Mall Cop.

TooOldToCare

« Reply #1063 on: April 21, 2020, 10:15:50 PM »
My buddy, put this way "my grandfather survived Nazi bombing of France;" he said people need to make sacrifices and changes to survive.

Support your local take out, order ahead. Wear a bandana even and gloves-even if it looks like wack sauce. this is gonna pick up again. Sacrifrice

Totally fair.  At least a few peeps here havent gone off the deep end

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #1064 on: April 21, 2020, 11:02:55 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Says the guy who most obviously has gone off the deep end.

TooOldToCare

« Reply #1065 on: April 21, 2020, 11:56:24 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

May as well have just said I KNOW YOU ARE BUT WHAT AM I?  Dont be salty that some people in this fuckin world dont all think the way you do, youre gonna blow a fuse trying to spend your life convincing people youre the only smart one in the room.

legion

« Reply #1066 on: April 21, 2020, 11:59:15 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]

May as well have just said I KNOW YOU ARE BUT WHAT AM I?  Dont be salty that some people in this fuckin world dont all think the way you do, youre gonna blow a fuse trying to spend your life convincing people youre the only smart one in the room.
Uhm..
Ditto?
I change my previous statement from shout to shoot.. that'll learn em!

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #1067 on: April 22, 2020, 12:06:35 AM »
Says the guy who is having a meltdown and in denial. Dude, you're outing yourself as the biggest loser.

TooOldToCare

« Reply #1068 on: April 22, 2020, 12:09:47 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
Uhm..
Ditto?

Ah, yeah, the tried and true line of the defenseless, make a lame dig if you don't have a point, been a hot ticket on this board tonight with the usual gang doin their usual shit.
I don't expect to change your mind.  Not even trying in the slightest.  Im telling you people that if you think youre gonna fearmonger and shame everyone into doing things the way you think is the only way, you better get ready to be disappointed.  And that trying to move forward by opening some shit up safely isnt guaranteed to kill your grandma.
And you asked which expert was flip flopping, I gave you the top dog, is that why you're doing the dodge like everyone else who gives your type of reply?  Typical SLAP, can dish it out but sure as fuck cant take it even when you get just what you asked for.

TooOldToCare

« Reply #1069 on: April 22, 2020, 12:11:28 AM »
Says the guy who is having a meltdown and in denial. Dude, you're outing yourself as the biggest loser.

Oh shit, I got TWO nobodies who don't like me because I wont agree with them.  I better start looking for a good therapist this shit will surely haunt me forever.
And you never had a point to begin with, so keep up the get the last word line in until youre blue in the face, I'll be back tomorrow for more playground insults if you got em.

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #1070 on: April 22, 2020, 12:22:17 AM »
You're the biggest nobody here. So far, all you've done is talk political bullshit on a skateboarding messageboard. Go do that somewhere else. At least talk about skateboarding in a way that doesn't show that you don't belong here at all (if you even skate, which I sincerely doubt at this point).

Also for a guy with your username, you sure posture yourself as someone who cares too much how people perceive you.

Funny thing is you're seen as an old guy that expects to be respected for being old, but in reality all we wonder is how you managed to stay alive being as dumb as you are since all you've contributed is the internet equivalent of shaking your fist.

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2537
« Reply #1071 on: April 22, 2020, 05:09:08 AM »
Don't feed the troll.
Hosin' out the cab of his pickup truck
He's got his 8-track playin' really fuckin' loud

exlurker

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 557
« Reply #1072 on: April 22, 2020, 07:29:08 AM »
You're never too old to focus

Idk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 312
« Reply #1073 on: April 22, 2020, 07:45:46 AM »
Those of you in the US I wish you well. Those of you not in the US I also wish you well and if possible, take me with you.

PincherBug

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -102
« Reply #1074 on: April 22, 2020, 10:12:45 AM »

Enrico Pallazzo

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Rep: 218
« Reply #1075 on: April 22, 2020, 10:18:56 AM »
Too Old To Care really seems like he cares a whole lot. Makes me miss that guy who was crying about wanting to buy his precious seeds in Michigan 4 pages ago.

People seem to be doing a decent job of following the rules here in Orange County so far, grocery stores are starting to require masks just to enter and not letting you bring in reusable bags.

I think our big test is going to be this weekend - supposed to be around 80 degrees, first hot weekend of the year. Won’t be surprised to see packed beaches on Saturday and beach closures etc by Sunday.

shucknjive

• Rep: -39
« Reply #1076 on: April 22, 2020, 10:20:29 AM »
mArLeY

Decreed Bratton

• Rep: 19
  • it's possible a man slipped in there.
« Reply #1077 on: April 22, 2020, 11:02:29 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
Uhm..
Ditto?
[close]

Ah, yeah, the tried and true line of the defenseless, make a lame dig if you don't have a point, been a hot ticket on this board tonight with the usual gang doin their usual shit.
I don't expect to change your mind.  Not even trying in the slightest.  Im telling you people that if you think youre gonna fearmonger and shame everyone into doing things the way you think is the only way, you better get ready to be disappointed.  And that trying to move forward by opening some shit up safely isnt guaranteed to kill your grandma.
And you asked which expert was flip flopping, I gave you the top dog, is that why you're doing the dodge like everyone else who gives your type of reply?  Typical SLAP, can dish it out but sure as fuck cant take it even when you get just what you asked for.

Nothing will guarantee people from getting the virus, but opening up everything with no mandates will make certain portions of the population shell up even more.  They see how the protesters are with no masks and no social distancing and most likely not go out based on thinking those are the people who will be out.
60% of people think it's too early to open.  One thing that we can agree on is there will be people like you who will go out and and say fuck it and those who will be the moles like you say.  Then there are people who are 50-50. 

If you want to stimulate the economy the most there should be rules and mandates so those who are 50-50 think it's safe to go out and spend.  For a hair salon for example, masks required for both customer and employee.  Appointment only with only 1 person in the salon at a time.  Required disinfecting all equipment and chairs after each person.  I saw a insta post in Japan where a salon employee is wearing a face shield and gloves.  I would more willing to get my hair cut from an establishment like this than a place with no masks and 5 dudes waiting to get their hair cut.

If you don't do these things and just free ball it, yes you'll have a certain portion of the population go out, but those are the only ones who will spend.  So instead of having 20 or 30 percent going out to stimulate the economy you could have more.  If you try to make it so people think it's a safer environment, the more likely they will go out to spend.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #1078 on: April 22, 2020, 11:12:47 AM »

E

• Rep: 11
« Reply #1079 on: April 22, 2020, 02:03:54 PM »

23 Years of Saves the Day, fuck yeah!