Author Topic: Corona Virus. What's going on where you live?  (Read 93136 times)

Peter Zagreus

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 85
Re: Corona Virus. What's going on where you live?
« Reply #1320 on: June 20, 2020, 10:43:05 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Or does that graphic highlight the fact that Imperial County and portions of Arizona are largely latinx and that Latinx workers have been unduly subjected to the virus as a result of being frontline or essential workers
[close]

fair counterpoint.

deductions for using "latinx" though clear indicator of intent

and also unfortunate a quick google will return a lot of results like this:

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-usa-border/california-border-hospitals-hit-by-surge-in-covid-19-cases-from-mexico-idUSKBN22V365

what else ya got?
[close]

you really are a flaming piece of shit, huh?

It's not a moral failure until you know better. Give him time.

Buck Russell

• Rep: -318
  • Bug or gnat?
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #1321 on: June 20, 2020, 11:37:58 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Or does that graphic highlight the fact that Imperial County and portions of Arizona are largely latinx and that Latinx workers have been unduly subjected to the virus as a result of being frontline or essential workers
[close]

fair counterpoint.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-usa-border/california-border-hospitals-hit-by-surge-in-covid-19-cases-from-mexico-idUSKBN22V365

what else ya got?
[close]

calling me names doesn't make his little fairy tale scenario any less false

ice nine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -308
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1322 on: June 21, 2020, 12:12:51 AM »
just a slight bump to see if anyone wants to apologize to me now or wait another two weeks i can be patient
usa on june 19th  (almost two weeks to the day of this post) had over 33k confirmed cases in one day, the most for a single day since early may.
I;m sure i;m not the only dc/monster/subaru type guy here

Buck Russell

• Rep: -318
  • Bug or gnat?
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #1323 on: June 21, 2020, 12:45:53 AM »
Expand Quote
just a slight bump to see if anyone wants to apologize to me now or wait another two weeks i can be patient
[close]
usa on june 19th  (almost two weeks to the day of this post) had over 33k confirmed cases in one day, the most for a single day since early may.

that number alone means nothing. it was also the record high for most tests ever (nearly 600k) making it the all time record for most negative test results

when they were previously this high the positivity rate was 14% (~3x higher)

positive case rate stays at 5% (only slightly up from all time low)

deaths have fallen for at least the last eleven days (lowest since march?)

I also suspect the previously proven border creeping cases are at work and Florida is clearly doing some track and trace with the average age of pos test coming down from 65 to 37 meaning fatality rate falls even further meaning... the virus is less of a deal than even the small deal it already was

keep the scare up though if you're lucky maybe a bunch of people will die or maybe theyre are desperately chasing out the last cases we will see
« Last Edit: June 21, 2020, 12:48:18 AM by Buck Russell »

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -238
« Reply #1324 on: June 21, 2020, 05:37:30 AM »
Debating the severity of covid on slap accomplishes nothing, y’all.
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1415
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1325 on: June 22, 2020, 11:44:33 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

fair counterpoint.

what else ya got?
[close]

[close]

It's not a moral failure until you know better. Give him time.

truth.
Well-defined ambiguity, I'm already on somebody's list as a casualty

straight

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 991
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1326 on: June 22, 2020, 10:57:40 PM »
google any three digit number and then type new cases
What kind of mikey taylor logic is this?

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #1327 on: June 23, 2020, 11:48:25 AM »
more than 1000 new infected in a single medium sized german city and all in one single butchery. the whole region was put on lockdown today, in bavaria it's illegal to shelter people from the area unless they've been tested positive negative, duh. 6 or so people from that cluster are in intensive care atm.

this is a huge spike in germany and the second time something like this happened at this butchery. i hope they disown that motherfucker and shut his cheapo meat operation down.

EDIT: corrected brainfart
« Last Edit: June 23, 2020, 11:58:20 AM by Frank »

Matze

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -19
    • www.matthiaswinkel.com avatar image
« Reply #1328 on: June 23, 2020, 11:54:23 AM »
It‘s fucked up. But that‘s when you live by the ‚Ich lasse mir mein Schnitzel nicht wegnehmen!‘ mentality.

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 166
« Reply #1329 on: June 23, 2020, 08:25:31 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I live in Dallas, which has already been opened for the most part and I don't research it a lot but I've read that we are one of the places with the most new cases, or at least Texas is. My roommate started working again at a restaurant that he tells me is busy as fuck all the time and no one wears masks or gives a shit including him. They've already said there have been 3 employees who got the disease and have to stay home. He also goes to bars and shit after he gets off work. On top of that I also have another friend who came back from California to visit and he basically acts the same way, has a who cares attitude and keeps going out and shit and keeps trying to pressure me to go.

At this point I've pretty much accepted that I don't have a way to not get it because no matter how much I stay home and avoid doing shit, I live with someone who doesn't care about getting himself or anyone else sick. Even though on paper, although it's unpredictable how the disease will affect each person, he's overweight, eats like shit and smokes cigarettes, vapes and drinks pretty much every day so he would definitely get hit hard as fuck.

We also worked with a girl who got it, and another girl whose friend died at 27 from corona... So it's not like it's distant... Basically just a complaining post
[close]

Thanks for the perspective, Pesci. I live in Dallas, too, and don't know anybody who has suffered/died from Corona at this point, though, who knows, I might be an asymptomatic carrier as I type this out. What you say about the lack of local concern is really true in my experience. People have been itching to ditch the masks and get back in the restaurants and shit from the beginning, and now everywhere I look people have just thrown caution to the wind. It's just gonna get worse here unless they tighten the restrictions again, which won't happen til it has to (maybe if kids start dying or something).

Texas is planning to send kids back to school in the fall with no restrictions on their conduct. I can't think of a more intense vector of transmission than an elementary school. I'm thinking this could get pretty ugly.
[close]

well, for starters: a nursing home

cv in and from kids is essentially a nonexistent problem
[close]

Maybe I'm taking the bait here, but (here goes) what the fuck does that mean? The virus doesn't spread through kids?
[close]

correct
I work at a children's hospital and have had multiple patients that have been admitted for covid. 2 of them needing to go on ECMO.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

Mr. Stinky

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 311
« Reply #1330 on: June 23, 2020, 08:37:22 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I live in Dallas, which has already been opened for the most part and I don't research it a lot but I've read that we are one of the places with the most new cases, or at least Texas is. My roommate started working again at a restaurant that he tells me is busy as fuck all the time and no one wears masks or gives a shit including him. They've already said there have been 3 employees who got the disease and have to stay home. He also goes to bars and shit after he gets off work. On top of that I also have another friend who came back from California to visit and he basically acts the same way, has a who cares attitude and keeps going out and shit and keeps trying to pressure me to go.

At this point I've pretty much accepted that I don't have a way to not get it because no matter how much I stay home and avoid doing shit, I live with someone who doesn't care about getting himself or anyone else sick. Even though on paper, although it's unpredictable how the disease will affect each person, he's overweight, eats like shit and smokes cigarettes, vapes and drinks pretty much every day so he would definitely get hit hard as fuck.

We also worked with a girl who got it, and another girl whose friend died at 27 from corona... So it's not like it's distant... Basically just a complaining post
[close]

Thanks for the perspective, Pesci. I live in Dallas, too, and don't know anybody who has suffered/died from Corona at this point, though, who knows, I might be an asymptomatic carrier as I type this out. What you say about the lack of local concern is really true in my experience. People have been itching to ditch the masks and get back in the restaurants and shit from the beginning, and now everywhere I look people have just thrown caution to the wind. It's just gonna get worse here unless they tighten the restrictions again, which won't happen til it has to (maybe if kids start dying or something).

Texas is planning to send kids back to school in the fall with no restrictions on their conduct. I can't think of a more intense vector of transmission than an elementary school. I'm thinking this could get pretty ugly.
[close]

well, for starters: a nursing home

cv in and from kids is essentially a nonexistent problem
[close]

Maybe I'm taking the bait here, but (here goes) what the fuck does that mean? The virus doesn't spread through kids?
[close]

correct
[close]
I work at a children's hospital and have had multiple patients that have been admitted for covid. 2 of them needing to go on ECMO.

Haven't you been listening to Buck? Your experiences, and other people's similar experiences, are, in reality, a fabricated media narrative. Sorry you had to find out like this.

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 166
« Reply #1331 on: June 23, 2020, 08:41:43 PM »
Sorry. I'll just continue on my way as a licensed and practicing healthcare provider...

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

Ms. Tamzarian

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 735
  • I like dork tricks :/
« Reply #1332 on: June 24, 2020, 08:19:27 AM »
Stay safe out there Frank!

Hope everyone's comin along okay and wearin your masks in public!

I live in northern VA in the states with my folks... fingers crossed, cases are falling in this area. That being said, my pops is in his 60s and has a bad heart - and his doctor just gave him a pneumonia prognosis. He's not been feeling well, but had a negative COVID-test... hopefully it wasn't a false negative! Wish us luck homies. We're keepin each other strong and he's feeling positive 😎

If anyone in the states wants a really nifty map to track cases in your local area, I recommend the following! It's super helpful.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/us/coronavirus-us-cases.html

Stay safe homies!
« Last Edit: June 24, 2020, 08:21:56 AM by Armin Tamzarian »

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #1333 on: June 24, 2020, 08:50:05 AM »
Stay safe out there Frank!

thx armin, you too. we're good where i live though. corona is almost extinct in my city and surroundings. the place where this happened is a few hours away by car. which is quite far within my country.

johnes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1334 on: June 24, 2020, 09:29:53 AM »
Both my parents are sick and they just got their test results: Positive for covid. My wife says she’s starting to feel sick too.

My dad has mostly stayed in their room the last few days, yesterday was the first time he came out and he went outside to check something and had to lay down then couldn’t get back up so I had to grab his hands and pull him up. Then last night for my birthday cake, both parents came to the kitchen with me and my wife, they were wearing masks but took them off for a minute or two.
My house is definitely infected. my dads had the symptoms for 4 or 5 days now and my mom started feeling symptoms yesterday.
Statistically they could both come out fine from this. Hopefully they do.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2020, 09:38:17 AM by johnes »
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #1335 on: June 24, 2020, 10:08:35 AM »
much health to your family and you johnes! hoping for a quick and complete recovery.

Ms. Tamzarian

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 735
  • I like dork tricks :/
« Reply #1336 on: June 24, 2020, 10:26:31 AM »
much health to your family and you johnes! hoping for a quick and complete recovery.

God dam, diddo. Best of luck Johnes - we are rooting for your whole family!

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1488
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #1337 on: June 24, 2020, 04:37:28 PM »
I'm firing all my juice bullets in your direction johnes. Get well soon to you your loved ones.

Jagr

• Rep: 116
« Reply #1338 on: June 24, 2020, 05:24:25 PM »
Thinking about you and your family Johnes! <3

Peter Zagreus

• Rep: 85
« Reply #1339 on: June 24, 2020, 07:54:40 PM »
Thinking about you and your family Johnes! <3

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1415
« Reply #1340 on: June 24, 2020, 08:06:58 PM »
Both my parents are sick and they just got their test results: Positive for covid. My wife says she’s starting to feel sick too.

My dad has mostly stayed in their room the last few days, yesterday was the first time he came out and he went outside to check something and had to lay down then couldn’t get back up so I had to grab his hands and pull him up. Then last night for my birthday cake, both parents came to the kitchen with me and my wife, they were wearing masks but took them off for a minute or two.
My house is definitely infected. my dads had the symptoms for 4 or 5 days now and my mom started feeling symptoms yesterday.
Statistically they could both come out fine from this. Hopefully they do.

goddamn. i hope things turn around. i'm really sorry to hear that, dude.
Well-defined ambiguity, I'm already on somebody's list as a casualty

FrenchFriedClownFingers

• Rep: 117
  • evensteven
« Reply #1341 on: June 24, 2020, 08:42:47 PM »
my idiot employer just laid me the fuck off
even the steven

BobbyPshew

• Rep: -66
« Reply #1342 on: June 25, 2020, 01:44:38 AM »

Fuck him, that's his loss, man.
Hope you can find a great job, soon.
Ron Don's Playpen-Home Of The $2 Lap Dance

E

• Rep: 11
« Reply #1343 on: June 25, 2020, 06:25:27 AM »
Are people around you wearing masks at the skate park? No one at my local is, and I'm hoping we're fine keeping a 6 ft distance and being outside but I'm also paranoid about it.

JANUS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 598
« Reply #1344 on: June 25, 2020, 08:22:35 AM »
I’m busy with personal shit. I miss shooting the shit about stats with you guys, even Buck. I hope to see you all at the breakfast table.
If you can't handle me at my Marc Johnson, you don't deserve me at my Bobby Puleo.

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #1345 on: June 25, 2020, 08:42:54 AM »
Sorry to hear that. I'm going to scare up some more juice bullets and send them your way. Hang in there, pal.

johnes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1346 on: June 25, 2020, 09:32:30 AM »
Thanks everyone. I’m still symptom free. I requested this Monday - Friday off for vacation from work, before knowing my dad was sick. now I can’t return to work for 2 weeks. But my work HR contacted me and said I can get paid during my quarantine as long as I submitted proof that my parents tested positive, which I did.
Although both my parents are sick; they are still in decent spirits.
Turns out that the funeral home where my dad works, 2 employees were sick, knew they were sick and went to work anyways and worked in the building with my dad, that’s where he got covid from. The owners didn’t even tell my dad that those people were feeling sick. I think it was 1 owner and their son who ended up coming to work sick, then testing positive. That’s some wack shit for them to do.

My wife’s mom is a nurse at a place where they get mostly old and dying people. She got tested and came out negative but yesterday the work sent out a notice that they all have to get tested again on June 30th because other nurses and workers there have tested positive, after their first initial work covid testing.
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

Level 60 Dwarf Rogue

• Rep: -64
« Reply #1347 on: June 26, 2020, 06:02:46 AM »
We're all gonna fucking die because the our government refuses to take care of its people. CuZ sOcIaLizM iZ BaD...

Buy new chinos and go on a cruise. Your masters demand it.

RENTSTRIKE

• Rep: 8
« Reply #1348 on: June 26, 2020, 07:43:59 AM »
Are people around you wearing masks at the skate park? No one at my local is, and I'm hoping we're fine keeping a 6 ft distance and being outside but I'm also paranoid about it.

The park down the street from me re-opened about two weeks ago and most of the younger kids (under 20 or so) don't seem to give a fuck about social distancing -- even before the town unlocked the gate kids were hopping the fence and sitting shoulder to shoulder on the ledge. I've only seen one person with a mask on at the park so far.

Been trying to keep my distance and laugh it off/make jokes about not wanting to get sick, but I'm getting pretty paranoid too. It hurts to have to turn down the joints that people are starting to pass around again, but idk where these kids have been.

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #1349 on: June 26, 2020, 08:27:06 AM »
We're all gonna fucking die because the our government refuses to take care of its people. CuZ sOcIaLizM iZ BaD...

Buy new chinos and go on a cruise. Your masters demand it.
If only we could have had the ideal situation of the government giving everyone financial incentive to stay home (and very harsh fines for noncompliance) until the cases went down to zero. We would have already been done with it like some parts of Europe.

Instead, people here are stubbornly refusing to wear masks and having parties to intentionally get sick while blaming spikes solely on protestors to deflect blame.

Everything is going to be shut down again at this rate.