Author Topic: Corona Virus. What's going on where you live?  (Read 93142 times)

layzieyez

• Mods
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1489
  • Illusion Flip
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Corona Virus. What's going on where you live?
« Reply #1380 on: July 05, 2020, 08:59:00 PM »
Like that other poster pointed out, some people are just worthless. Ignore the obvious idiot in the room. He hasn't contributed anything here and quite possibly anywhere else.

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -717
« Reply #1381 on: July 06, 2020, 12:14:15 AM »
This fucking thread is unreal...

DarthDingusMaximus

« Reply #1382 on: July 06, 2020, 09:41:23 AM »

Absolutely hilarious

JANUS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 598
« Reply #1383 on: July 06, 2020, 09:52:51 AM »
Expand Quote
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/covid-data/pdf/covidview-07-03-2020.pdf

o Indicators used to monitor COVID-19 activity remain lower than peaks seen in March and April;
however, there are increases in the percentage of specimens testing positive for SARS-CoV-2 and
percentage of visits for ILI or CLI in multiple parts of the country, which have been sustained in some
cases for multiple consecutive weeks.
- Nationally, using combined data from the three laboratory types, the percentage of respiratory
specimens testing positive for SARS-CoV-2 with a molecular assay increased from week 25 (8.1%) to
week 26 (8.7%).
- Increases were reported in seven of ten HHS surveillance regions.
- Four regions reported between 4% and 6% of specimens positive for SARS-CoV-2:
Regions 2 [NY/NJ/Puerto Rico], 5 [Midwest], 7 [Central] and 10 [Pacific Northwest].
- Two regions reported between 10% and 15% of specimens positive for SARS-CoV-2:
Regions 4 [South East] and 9 [South West/Coast].
- Region 6 [South Central] reported >15% of specimens positive for SARS-CoV-2.
- Three regions (Regions 1 [New England], 3 [Mid-Atlantic] and 8 [Mountain]) reported a stable
or decreasing percentage of specimens testing positive for SARS-CoV-2.

- Based on death certificate data, the percentage of deaths attributed to pneumonia, influenza or
COVID-19 (PIC) decreased from 9.0% during week 25 to 5.9% during week 26, representing the tenth
consecutive week during which a declining percentage of deaths due to PIC has been recorded. The
percentage is currently at the epidemic threshold but will likely change as additional death certificates
for deaths during recent weeks are processed.
[close]

not gonna shout down or overtalk Janus because he's become a great sport and reasonable counter to most things I've posted which I appreciate

but this is the CDC essentialy confirming that covid is not officially an epidemic anymore

I believe being at the threshold implies that it’s still an epidemic, but it can go either way at this point. But me interpreting everything as ‘wait and see’ is nothing new.
If you can't handle me at my Marc Johnson, you don't deserve me at my Bobby Puleo.

DA BIG BODY BENZ

• Rep: -122
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #1384 on: July 06, 2020, 10:39:44 AM »
Just a bunch of antifa bullshit orchestrated and funded by George Soros and the lizard shape shifting liberal elitists

Telly

• Rep: -150
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #1385 on: July 06, 2020, 10:49:48 AM »
So I’m a masker.  Does it stop the spread?  I don’t know.  Is it worth a very very very minor inconvenience if it even helps a little?  I say it is. 
Anybody else who wears a mask been approached by someone maskless who questions why you wear the mask?  I’ve had it several times, and most people have been incredulous, but some are downright aggressive. 
Fact is, wearing a mask will not harm you.  If you are worried about mold then do the same thing you do when you shit your pants.  Put it in the washing machine.

Buck Russell

• Rep: -318
  • Bug or gnat?
« Reply #1386 on: July 06, 2020, 11:45:44 AM »
and here's another one, from an official of Ireland:

"In Ireland we counted all deaths, in all settings, suspected cases even when no lab test was done, and included people with underlying terminal illnesses who died with Covid but not of it."

https://twitter.com/LeoVaradkar/status/1278995354319564801

the dominoes are falling. this will continue to come to light from more sources
« Last Edit: July 06, 2020, 11:47:45 AM by Buck Russell »

Sidewalk Funk.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 371
« Reply #1387 on: July 06, 2020, 12:27:36 PM »
Harvard just announced all classes will be held online for the rest of 2020.

JANUS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 598
« Reply #1388 on: July 06, 2020, 01:00:34 PM »

"In Ireland we counted all deaths, in all settings, suspected cases even when no lab test was done, and included people with underlying terminal illnesses who died with Covid but not of it."

The article cited in that tweet

https://www.rte.ie/amp/1151127/

I believe this was the reasoning for including those deaths:

“He said the official figure of 1,700 deaths as a result of the virus is correct and while it may be a slight overestimate it is nonetheless an accurate estimate.

He said some of those who died were frail and close to the end of life or others had pre-existing conditions made more severe, and in some of these cases their deaths may have been accelerated as a result of contracting Covid-19.

However, he said, the reality is that those people did die as a result of contracting the virus.”

If you can't handle me at my Marc Johnson, you don't deserve me at my Bobby Puleo.

DirtyBurger

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 116
« Reply #1389 on: July 06, 2020, 01:28:57 PM »
I just moved out of the state of Florida to Missouri and holy hell, Florida is not taking this seriously in any way possible. I've seen the news reports and I thought they were exaggerating about it, but no, everyone down there seems to think that if everyone gets it then that'll just be their new life.

Missouri seems to be more concerned with the 6' rule instead of the mask thing though.

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -767
« Reply #1390 on: July 06, 2020, 01:35:12 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

The article cited in that tweet

https://www.rte.ie/amp/1151127/

I believe this was the reasoning for including those deaths:

“He said the official figure of 1,700 deaths as a result of the virus is correct and while it may be a slight overestimate it is nonetheless an accurate estimate.

He said some of those who died were frail and close to the end of life or others had pre-existing conditions made more severe, and in some of these cases their deaths may have been accelerated as a result of contracting Covid-19.

However, he said, the reality is that those people did die as a result of contracting the virus.”

This is responsible reporting from the Taoiseach of Ireland who presided over the covid crisis.

"This was right approach but skewed the numbers. Priority is to save lives not look good in league tables."
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

Telly

« Reply #1391 on: July 06, 2020, 01:36:14 PM »
I just moved out of the state of Florida to Missouri and holy hell, Florida is not taking this seriously in any way possible. I've seen the news reports and I thought they were exaggerating about it, but no, everyone down there seems to think that if everyone gets it then that'll just be their new life.

Missouri seems to be more concerned with the 6' rule instead of the mask thing though.

What concerns me is the morons who think the 6 foot rule is magic.  Had a coworker show up to work with a pretty bad dry cough, a sore throat and probably a fever.  When asked what his temp was he said “normal.”  So unless he was using some moron proof thermometer I’m guessing he didn’t actually take his temp.  Shows up to the garage with a mask on and then pulls a chair about 10 feet away from the other 3 of us and takes his mask off.  When I asked him why he didn’t have the mask on he said because he was more than 6 feet away.
I told him he could go home until he was well or call the doctor and see if they recommended a test.

He called and when he hung up he said “guess I shouldn’t have called.  I have to leave work and go get a test and then quarantine until I get the results.”

Yep, shouldn’t have called is the logical conclusion. 

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -717
« Reply #1392 on: July 07, 2020, 10:10:07 PM »

Yeah, but aren't they still charging the same? Not that I'll go there..

Deputy Wendell

« Reply #1393 on: July 08, 2020, 12:39:02 PM »
"Babylon ah try ah ting but me no scare"

hope y'all are happy, healthy, and productive...

AsianVegan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 100
« Reply #1394 on: July 08, 2020, 06:29:59 PM »
Melbourne is back in mandatory lock-down for the next 6 weeks as cases have spiked to the worst they've been and they haven't been able to contact trace 80% or so of them. All state borders, flights etc to Victoria have been closed off.

Billy Bitchcakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 478
  • Q U I T E S T Y L I S H
« Reply #1395 on: July 09, 2020, 06:02:38 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Yup. I guess if you're going to Harvard you're going mainly to say you went to Harvard, they know people will still pay for it.
During sex to prevent myself from ejaculating I think about Osama Bin Laden running my dick through a sewing machine.

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2537
« Reply #1396 on: July 09, 2020, 11:35:21 AM »
Are there any services that have become cheaper because they've gone online? I don't think there are, but maybe I'm wrong. But maybe in the long run this shitshow will force a change in higher education, making it free to all who want it. Jk, it will only make it worse.
Hosin' out the cab of his pickup truck
He's got his 8-track playin' really fuckin' loud

Joe Pesci

« Reply #1397 on: July 09, 2020, 02:30:54 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Yup. I guess if you're going to Harvard you're going mainly to say you went to Harvard, they know people will still pay for it.
You would think any Ivy League school with high tuition would be worth it, all these average colleges that still charge 75% of those prices... not so much

Telly

« Reply #1398 on: July 09, 2020, 04:29:47 PM »
Are there any services that have become cheaper because they've gone online? I don't think there are, but maybe I'm wrong. But maybe in the long run this shitshow will force a change in higher education, making it free to all who want it. Jk, it will only make it worse.

My tax guy gave me a 25$ off credit due to not being able to do it in person.  I imagine the coupon might have been available online but I didn’t know about it or ask about it.  I don’t want to get in the middle of anything too covid related but he specifically told me that was the reason my tax prep was $84 instead of whatever number is 25 higher than 84.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #1399 on: July 10, 2020, 06:47:38 AM »
  All this lock down shit and suspension of basic rights was a huge mistep -im sure time will inform us of this.    No I don't think it was a conspiracy.
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 640
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1400 on: July 10, 2020, 11:18:55 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Arizona State's online program has been the same cost as the inperson program for years now.

I'm not sure about Harvard, but this is financially hurting most schools who need the housing and meal plan money to actually pay their bills. Not to mention the fact the international students are getting booted out of the country. They pour so much money into these schools (and local economies).

The professors have to do a ton of extra work to adjust their classes from in person to online and som are looking at pay cuts via furloughs or layoffs. The professors and staff (the people who actually work at universities) aren't getting an amazing deal.

And, it is different for Harvard where in the person experience is all about networking with other kids from powerful families, but shit the standard "college experience" many kids are complaining about losing is terrible anyway. For me, being surrounded by the whole frat party "college experience" bullshit was the worst thing about university, I was glad I could escape after class and just be in the skateboard world instead.

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

Buck Russell

• Bug or gnat?
« Reply #1401 on: July 10, 2020, 11:29:01 AM »
  All this lock down shit and suspension of basic rights was a huge mistep -im sure time will inform us of this.    No I don't think it was a conspiracy.

this is the main and most important point.

the response to the coronavirus will go down as top 3 disasters of our lifetime. the virus it self may not make the top ten.

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #1402 on: July 10, 2020, 11:52:32 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Arizona State's online program has been the same cost as the inperson program for years now.

I'm not sure about Harvard, but this is financially hurting most schools who need the housing and meal plan money to actually pay their bills. Not to mention the fact the international students are getting booted out of the country. They pour so much money into these schools (and local economies).

Yeah, smaller colleges will suffer and many will bite the dust. That's why there are still school admins who want f2f classes to continue, regardless of the human cost. It's pretty insane.

EdLawndale

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1104
    • My Wife avatar image
« Reply #1403 on: July 10, 2020, 12:28:48 PM »
My friend's first hand acct of her and her husband contracting COVID-19:

"WE SURVIVED COVID-19...
On the afternoon of June 13th, [husband] woke  up feeling like he was hit by a bus. He felt awful but proceeded to get ready for his night shift anyway. [Child] was hugging him goodbye and remarked that he felt warm. Took his temp and he had a fever. He called out sick that night and soon tested positive for COVID.

It was absolutely miserable. He had trouble breathing. His chest was heavy and he had shortness of breath. On top of that, his whole body ached, had fever and chills, dry coughs, and was bedridden. He works with COVID patients, so he has seen the worst cases. It was scary.

In several days, I started to get symptoms, too, although seemingly more mild. My body hurt and I was also bedridden, but I was spared the difficulty breathing. Just when I thought I was getting better, I spiked a 103.5 fever, had chills, and uncontrollable fit of dry coughs.

It was especially hard because we also had two little kids to care for. We could not send them anywhere because they could be asymptomatic carriers. We all had to stay in place together. Thankfully, our kiddos managed to stay healthy. 🙏

I share our story so that you know how awful COVID is. It is no joke. Please wear a mask and avoid large groups. Although we don’t know for sure, [husband] probably caught it at work because he didn’t go anywhere nonessential. When you go to parties, even if you’re not sick, you could be an asymptomatic carrier. You can get your elderly parents or grandparents sick and hospitalized, and then possibly pass it on to the frontline healthcare workers taking care of them. And then it gets passed to their family members. I got sick even though I have been a hermit since March. It is absolutely infuriating to see irresponsible folks acting as if this pandemic is over, and here I was, a responsible person sheltering at home for months who still got sick.

WEAR A FUCKING MASK. It’s not hard.

We feel healthy enough to function normally again, but definitely not 100%. [Husband] still feels broken. And who knows what repercussions there may be from COVID further down the road.

I’m grateful to feel better and to salvage what I have left of my summer break with my kids. I am grateful that they have each other to play with. They have been absolute troopers. Although this is undeniably the worst summer, I have to count my blessings. This happened during my break so I didn’t have to exhaust my sick time. If either of us had to go to the hospital, we have excellent health insurance coverage. During these difficult economic times, we are fortunate to have our jobs."

Stay safe, guys and girls.
"Was just about to say, wtf is up with this EdLawndale guy?"

Buck Russell

• Bug or gnat?
« Reply #1404 on: July 10, 2020, 12:33:43 PM »
if it's from your friend through you it's not first hand. anecdotal and useless.

and very typical. a vast majority of scare is perpetuated by this narrative of "my friend's husband..." it's the euro tm version of "Science" and it's trash and your'e trash for participating in it

Telly

« Reply #1405 on: July 10, 2020, 12:37:05 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
if it's from your friend through you it's not first hand. anecdotal and useless.

and very typical. a vast majority of scare is perpetuated by this narrative of "my friend's husband..." it's the euro tm version of "Science" and it's trash and your'e trash for participating in it

Not familiar with how quotes work?

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #1406 on: July 10, 2020, 01:25:53 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

He didn't say it was his fh account.

EdLawndale

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1104
    • My Wife avatar image
« Reply #1407 on: July 10, 2020, 02:46:47 PM »
Buck Russell on COVID-19 confirmed
"Was just about to say, wtf is up with this EdLawndale guy?"

Telly

« Reply #1408 on: July 10, 2020, 03:18:39 PM »
Buck Russell on COVID-19 confirmed

I preferred the name “lawndale skates” but “covid 19” is certainly catchier.
Got any flow spots still open?

shucknjive

• Rep: -39
« Reply #1409 on: July 10, 2020, 03:26:58 PM »
mArLeY