Author Topic: New Balance # containment thread  (Read 798071 times)

Bubblegum Tate

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
Re: New Balance # containment thread
« Reply #1800 on: April 08, 2020, 09:50:41 PM »
Looks like all NB# are currently 25% off on the website.
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #1801 on: April 09, 2020, 02:37:40 AM »

440. Like these a lot so far

thepman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -94
« Reply #1802 on: April 09, 2020, 02:45:15 AM »

I just got these in the grey colourway and proceeded to have the best session i've had in ages. Really snug shoe, and easy to break in. My flick felt so good in them for some reason and they felt lovely and grippy. Previously had been skating some blazer lows that had got really slippy/soggy. Can see myself buying these again already.
skating is all about choosing your outfit very deliberately, going out in public. looking super sick. and then riding your board a little bit

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 400
« Reply #1803 on: April 09, 2020, 06:38:49 AM »
Looks like all NB# are currently 25% off on the website.
Saw that email and almost got a pair of westgates, but I got some shoes delivered from them a week ago.

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1115
« Reply #1804 on: April 09, 2020, 08:26:35 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I just got these in the grey colourway and proceeded to have the best session i've had in ages. Really snug shoe, and easy to break in. My flick felt so good in them for some reason and they felt lovely and grippy. Previously had been skating some blazer lows that had got really slippy/soggy. Can see myself buying these again already.

Look like a low volume dunk, in a good way. That’s a nice looking colorway/shoe/photo. Interested to what your mileage/experience is.
I think jay skates Jordan’s/dunks occasionally, I’m always looking for a similar substitute.

Your sock/leg warmers really make it look like you don’t have ankles. It just looks like leg, with a foot slapped on there. I’ve got no reason for pointing this out, other than I’m a real pos. I’d gladly trade my ankles for a head of hair and a waist reduction. Covid got me posted eating an unsupervised child’s diet

uesty

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 95
« Reply #1805 on: April 09, 2020, 10:15:47 AM »

I've skated 3 pairs of 440s, favorite shoe at the moment. Those grey/white looking really good  ::)

Second Division

• Rep: 8
« Reply #1806 on: April 09, 2020, 10:49:34 AM »
I loved my 440's, but they did lose their shape near the end of the their life. I basically blew out all the seams around the lace area and they just became one big potato.

Ok

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1807 on: April 09, 2020, 10:53:33 AM »
Thanks for notes on the shoe.
The colorway, and pic with all of the complimentary colors is really making me want some.

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1808 on: April 09, 2020, 10:59:39 AM »
Couple more.

VCR

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 196
« Reply #1809 on: April 09, 2020, 01:44:15 PM »
those white 440's are it

Peepeeboy69

• Rep: 14
« Reply #1810 on: April 09, 2020, 08:39:40 PM »

My heels keep slipping out the back, and the shoe is definitely a lil narrow for me :(

rothdigga

• Rep: 584
« Reply #1811 on: April 10, 2020, 09:42:09 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

My heels keep slipping out the back, and the shoe is definitely a lil narrow for me :(

An alternative would be the 288 Sport then.  That heel cup is pretty locked in for people that have a more narrow foot.  Just a thought if you want to try something else. 

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 32
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1812 on: April 10, 2020, 11:07:09 AM »
I would give my left nut for some 288s, I remember seeing the first ones, Davis, and I was drooling badly. I was never lucky enough to find them and now is even worse.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Ok

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1813 on: April 10, 2020, 11:13:49 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I’ve got super narrow heels, and with age my forefoot has spread out, sooooo I use heel pads. Found where old people be at, but they work, and it’s a cheap (potential) fix for the 440s you have. Won’t help the narrow tho.

weon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 227
  • todo gratis todo gay
« Reply #1814 on: April 10, 2020, 01:15:04 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

hows the length for you? if it slips and is narrow, might wanna try half size down if your toes have room rn?

comfort wise it is definitely one of my favorite shoes i've skated. wishing they'd work for you!

edit: also, rothdigga, when are new 288S colorways dropping? ordered it in white a few months ago and unfortunately it didn't make it to me. def still wanna try them in the future tho.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2020, 01:18:02 PM by Weon »
Lil' Wayne is more core than Jaden Smith.
Damn. Chico of Chocolate now Pyramids of Giza. What the hell is going on?

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1815 on: April 10, 2020, 01:52:50 PM »

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #1816 on: April 10, 2020, 04:53:04 PM »
Does the 420 green pair have the same (suede) material as the burgundy pair?

I had a sample pair and the suede ripped through in like 3 days. Maybe it was a sample, I don’t know but that was only NB#420 experience skating them. Other than that, i liked the flexibility a lot on them as well as the toe shape.

I only have the black/white synthetic pair left and I just wear those around.
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

HugeBodBoyle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 690
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #1817 on: April 11, 2020, 06:50:26 AM »
Plucked that white pair of 440's off the NB site. This will be my 4th pair. My favorite shoe by a lot.

Ok

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1818 on: April 11, 2020, 06:54:04 AM »
Plucked that white pair of 440's off the NB site. This will be my 4th pair. My favorite shoe by a lot.

Compared to a dunk? Not that dunks are the end all, just looking for leather court shoes, cupsoles, that won’t kill my feet

HugeBodBoyle

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1819 on: April 11, 2020, 07:01:22 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Compared to a dunk? Not that dunks are the end all, just looking for leather court shoes, cupsoles, that won’t kill my feet

These have better board feel than a Dunk for sure. And I have some Dunks sitting right here. I'm old and have experienced firsthand how bad vulcs hurt my feet, so I feel good telling you that these 440's are some of the best feeling skate shoes I have had. Definitely recommend these.

Ok

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1820 on: April 11, 2020, 07:07:13 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

These have better board feel than a Dunk for sure. And I have some Dunks sitting right here. I'm old and have experienced firsthand how bad vulcs hurt my feet, so I feel good telling you that these 440's are some of the best feeling skate shoes I have had. Definitely recommend these.

Ayyyye, appreciate you.

These look great, I’m kinda burnt out on Nike, Roth posting, them making masks, sponcing some of my favorite skaters, time to vote with my dollar.
My old feet get nervous at the sound of board feel. But I’ll give em a go.
I’m assuming true to size? I’ve probably had 8 ish pairs of nb, but the majority were from right after they left fallen and sizing was still kinda difficult, model to model, imo. Last pair was 868s, which I thought were dope.
Thanks for response

HugeBodBoyle

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1821 on: April 11, 2020, 07:11:20 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Ayyyye, appreciate you.

These look great, I’m kinda burnt out on Nike, Roth posting, them making masks, sponcing some of my favorite skaters, time to vote with my dollar.
I’m assuming true to size? I’ve probably had 8 ish pairs of nb, but the majority were from right after they left fallen and sizing was still kinda difficult, model to model, imo. Last pair was 868s, which I thought were dope.
Thanks for response

Yeah, these are tts for sure. I had some trouble with earlier NB's being too small on my feet, but these are good to go.

Ok

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1822 on: April 11, 2020, 07:20:46 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Ayyyye, appreciate you.

Thanks for response
[close]

Yeah, these are tts for sure. I had some trouble with earlier NB's being too small on my feet, but these are good to go.

Thanks again!!

kneebone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 356
« Reply #1823 on: April 11, 2020, 07:33:24 AM »

I had a sample pair and the suede ripped through in like 3 days. Maybe it was a sample, I don’t know but that was only NB#420 experience skating them. Other than that, i liked the flexibility a lot on them as well as the toe shape.

I have these same burgundy ones and I found that the fuzzy suede effect on the synthetic material does wear off super easy, but that’s just the outer layer of the material.  There’s still thick synthetic underneath it that I haven’t worn through.  It’s kinda like the graphic on a deck...that part is easy to scrape off but it’s pretty tough to wear thru the full bottom ply.

NowhereInLife

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 20
« Reply #1824 on: April 11, 2020, 07:48:39 AM »

wish they would do a suede pair on that sole.  i would be all over it.
had that same pair and flicked through the toe in what seemed like a matter of hours.  I put a little shoe goo before it fully holed and now just wear them to run errands when it's rainy. 

they do nice colorways too, but i already have rain-errand shoes. 

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 147
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #1825 on: April 11, 2020, 08:32:44 AM »
those green 420s :0

For those complaining about the synth on them, try the pairs that come in the more synth/ rubber material as opposed to the faux suede, I think you'll have a lot more trouble tearing through that it in a few sessions!

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

TD

• Rep: -2
« Reply #1826 on: April 11, 2020, 08:12:50 PM »
I'm extremely tempted to try the 913's while they're on sale for half price here in AU, but I thought I'd ask for a more recent opinion on them - are they as good as they sound?

I've been skating jordans for the past few years but the price hike on GR's selling out in seconds and no more pairs stashed away has me looking at something else to skate.

Currently deciding between 913's and Rowley rapidweld's. Leaning to the 913's, but I just can't pull the trigger.

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1827 on: April 13, 2020, 05:29:48 AM »
I'm extremely tempted to try the 913's while they're on sale for half price here in AU, but I thought I'd ask for a more recent opinion on them - are they as good as they sound?

I've been skating jordans for the past few years but the price hike on GR's selling out in seconds and no more pairs stashed away has me looking at something else to skate.

Currently deciding between 913's and Rowley rapidweld's. Leaning to the 913's, but I just can't pull the trigger.
half price.. that’s really solid. Not sure about AU prices though. Which Jordan’s? 1? I’d go 913 over rowley. 1’s flick great, and the 913 feels much more streamlined and modern-tech as the 1’s have more panels and overlap.

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1828 on: April 13, 2020, 05:34:32 AM »
Some 440 details.
Just wearing them as chillers/around the house during quarantine for now. Size 13, I have slight toebox room but not cramming my feet in a 12. Usually a 12.5 is a sweet spot for me but have to make due since that’s never made.

Hidden red color pops are a nice touch - even the tongue centering straps.
last pic you can see the lower height toebox/forefoot. More streamlined than dunks which I’ve seen questions about comparisons. Normal foot width (I think?) but I don’t think they’re narrow. Nice wide platform at the ball of your foot.

« Last Edit: April 13, 2020, 05:36:46 AM by jay_nev »

chris.

• Rep: 184
« Reply #1829 on: April 13, 2020, 06:08:32 AM »
Fuck those look good! I regret not buying when NB has their sale the other day.