Author Topic: New Balance # containment thread  (Read 798072 times)

kneebone

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 356
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: New Balance # containment thread
« Reply #7230 on: October 09, 2023, 09:17:22 AM »
Any more upcoming vegan options? This past batch was teased almost a year in advance so I’m worried there’s no follow-up
did this get lost in the mix, or purposely avoided @rothdigga @mini greek

rothdigga

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 584
« Reply #7231 on: October 09, 2023, 09:20:09 AM »
Expand Quote
Any more upcoming vegan options? This past batch was teased almost a year in advance so I’m worried there’s no follow-up
[close]
I'll have to look and see but I got enough stock of those first 2 to last a while.  I know you're looking for more flavor so let me see what else we have coming. 

wax poetic

• Rep: 44
  • fuck it, I'll stir the pot
« Reply #7232 on: October 09, 2023, 09:24:19 AM »
Skated the Boss 480's this past weekend... I'll probably grab another pair or two of those and rock them until we hopefully get news of his pro model.  They were exactly what I was looking for.   I loved the Asics Gel Vikka I tried but NB got me back with this shoe.

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1308
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #7233 on: October 09, 2023, 10:37:18 AM »
Skated the Boss 480's this past weekend... I'll probably grab another pair or two of those and rock them until we hopefully get news of his pro model.  They were exactly what I was looking for.   I loved the Asics Gel Vikka I tried but NB got me back with this shoe.
You say grab another pair or two so casually like many many people haven't gotten even one pair before it sold out. I seriously put a pair in the cart on the dot of release time at my local and it sold out before I checked out. Why are they under producing these colorways?

Btw I eventually got my pair but this run  was severely under produced and I don't see them restocking.

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1341
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #7234 on: October 09, 2023, 10:50:59 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
You say grab another pair or two so casually like many many people haven't gotten even one pair before it sold out. I seriously put a pair in the cart on the dot of release time at my local and it sold out before I checked out. Why are they under producing these colorways?

Btw I eventually got my pair but this run  was severely under produced and I don't see them restocking.
Rothdigga seemed to imply a restock was coming.
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

mini greek

• Rep: 32
« Reply #7235 on: October 09, 2023, 12:23:29 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
We have another animal friendly 440 coming on the v2 for middle of 2024 I believe.
Get litty.....

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #7236 on: October 09, 2023, 12:38:54 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Rothdigga seemed to imply a restock was coming.
Ah I swear I looked through the last few pages after I asked but I missed his response. Thanks for bringing that up then.

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 248
« Reply #7237 on: October 09, 2023, 01:40:31 PM »
Man the NB boys are putting the kibosh on those Knox links.   No skateboardschuhe for you!

OhioGuy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 53
« Reply #7238 on: October 09, 2023, 01:50:38 PM »
Man the NB boys are putting the kibosh on those Knox links.   No skateboardschuhe for you!
Haha. I snagged some white/black 480s last week, but they don’t come out until Friday. I learned my lesson, won’t post links to stuff that’s not out on a public forum lol 👀

Since these aren’t super hyped shows like Dunks and Jordan’s it’s easy to catch retailers slippin’. Some just post them with no regard to release dates.

rothdigga

« Reply #7239 on: October 09, 2023, 01:52:17 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Haha. I snagged some white/black 480s last week, but they don’t come out until Friday. I learned my lesson, won’t post links to stuff that’s not out on a public forum lol 👀
Come on guys...how the fuck else are we going to know when a retailer is blowing it and putting our stuff out early!  Keep posting those links for us. 

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 953
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #7240 on: October 09, 2023, 02:00:53 PM »
Is the 808 a discontinued shoe? Or will they continue to make them after he has a new shoe?

I'm trying decide if I should get a second pair or if I got time to wait.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

iw0

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 505
« Reply #7241 on: October 09, 2023, 02:04:50 PM »
Is the 808 a discontinued shoe? Or will they continue to make them after he has a new shoe?

to be fair the 808 is his newer shoe and they didn't stop making the 1010 when it came out. that doesn't guarantee anything for the 808, but personally i wouldn't be worried about them going away

OhioGuy

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #7242 on: October 09, 2023, 02:05:12 PM »

No, they’re still making new ones and tons are in the wild. You’ll be able to wait. They kept the 1010 in the lineup. It’d go away before the 808, and even that’s a huge stretch.

Also nice try @rothdigga 😛

WideFeet

• Rep: 82
« Reply #7243 on: October 09, 2023, 02:36:58 PM »
Love the colorways of the black/white, white/black 480’s.

If anyone missed out on the Reynolds and thinks these will be easy to get, think again. I think they’re actually more limited

OhioGuy

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #7244 on: October 09, 2023, 02:38:39 PM »

If anyone missed out on the Reynolds and thinks these will be easy to get, think again. I think they’re actually more limited
They probably will be, but with the lack of Reynolds hype they may sit longer.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #7245 on: October 09, 2023, 02:42:37 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
Come on guys...how the fuck else are we going to know when a retailer is blowing it and putting our stuff out early!  Keep posting those links for us.

You mean you aren’t idly googling a shoe for images daily and then happen upon a European site like the rest of us?

OhioGuy

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #7246 on: October 09, 2023, 02:44:23 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]

You mean you aren’t idly googling a shoe for images daily and then happen upon a European site like the rest of us?
Lol. Maybe they should hire us to sniff out leakers.

rothdigga

« Reply #7247 on: October 09, 2023, 02:45:48 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]

I would rather have you bros handle the heavy lifting for me and just follow the breadcrumbs.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #7248 on: October 09, 2023, 03:04:30 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]

[close]
I would rather have you bros handle the heavy lifting for me and just follow the breadcrumbs.

Happy to help (since I assume I’ll be offered the chance to buy some 600s at cost)

Big Baby Jesus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 266
    • Suciu avatar image
« Reply #7249 on: October 09, 2023, 03:07:38 PM »

Good luck. Barely found a second pair in my size.
flat spotted 3 times in 2 weeks, other than that awesome wheels

Baby is gonna be raised by Max and Cyrus

flintstagram

• Rep: 84
« Reply #7250 on: October 09, 2023, 04:11:23 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
@rothdigga might be jumping the gun here, heard we might be getting a 480 high also? any truth to those rumors>?
[close]
If I'm able to get off my ass and film a couple curb clips while I'm in China right now, you guys can do that fucking Blade Runner shit ya'll do where you freeze frame those Reynolds stories and dissect what kind of shoes he's got on.  You might get a sneak peek at the above mentioned shoes.  No guarantees that I can actually land something worthy of getting clipped up.
[close]

Pals, Rothdigga posted and whatever shoes he’s wearing look interesting. All black 480 highs? My PI skills aren’t that great if anyone else has some intel.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CyBNZIfrPhT/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==
[close]
got the zoom & enhance. heel shot trying to find the top, looks like a high/mid. didn't see any super clear shot of the collar

[close]

Rothdigga has to be maniacally laughing wherever he is at right now for teasing that he’s skating 480 mids/highs, and then posting a clip in pants. Hahahaha.

Well played, sir. Well played.
[close]

I just don't skate in shorts very often and probably wouldn't rock these hi-tops with shorts on as they're pretty bulky looking.  I should have tucked in my jeans to the upper to give you guys a better look.

No worries. I don’t rock shorts while skating most of the time either. Just made me smile. We can maintain just a little mystery.

wax poetic

« Reply #7251 on: October 09, 2023, 04:17:34 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Positive attitude guys.  Just found another pair.  Easy peasy.  I am waiting a few though because I may buy a part for my 4Runner that takes precedence right now.  Otherwise I'll pick them and a deck up tonight. Wooooo

pointandclick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 245
« Reply #7252 on: October 09, 2023, 07:27:13 PM »
i heard these arent going to be available in canada. I hope future seasons you can reissue this or make them a contstant colorway atleast once a year.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #7253 on: October 09, 2023, 11:30:30 PM »
Btw what are the materials on the white/black ones?
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 478
« Reply #7254 on: October 09, 2023, 11:44:22 PM »

Looks like a full smooth leather (not the nappy kind on the Reynolds) upper with the typical mesh/canvas trims. Probably a similar grain of leather on some of the 1010s
Super Champion Fun Zone

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #7255 on: October 09, 2023, 11:45:45 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Looks like a full smooth leather (not the nappy kind on the Reynolds) upper with the typical mesh/canvas trims. Probably a similar grain of leather on some of the 1010s
It seems like and it would make sense since usually white shoes= leather.
On a different note, does non numeric NB have a screwed up sizing too? Found some 2002R on my usual size for a nice price.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2023, 12:25:43 AM by moonordie »
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

rothdigga

« Reply #7256 on: October 10, 2023, 08:33:51 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Expand Quote

[close]

Positive attitude guys.  Just found another pair.  Easy peasy.  I am waiting a few though because I may buy a part for my 4Runner that takes precedence right now.  Otherwise I'll pick them and a deck up tonight. Wooooo
We could de-rail this whole thread with 4Runner talk if you want.  I'm on my 2nd one right now, had a 2012 SR5 4x4 but upgraded to the 2021 TRD PRO when it came out.  I don't think I'll ever own a different car to be honest. 

wax poetic

« Reply #7257 on: October 10, 2023, 09:25:44 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
We could de-rail this whole thread with 4Runner talk if you want.  I'm on my 2nd one right now, had a 2012 SR5 4x4 but upgraded to the 2021 TRD PRO when it came out.  I don't think I'll ever own a different car to be honest.

21 OR That I'm trying to build to do some mild overlanding.  If you make it out to AZ check out Westcott Designs.  Great people and products.  Open to discuss this stuff whenever.  Probably via a new thread or pm though haha.

Olympus Mons

• Rep: 15
  • VX1000
« Reply #7258 on: October 10, 2023, 10:39:03 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]

21 OR That I'm trying to build to do some mild overlanding.  If you make it out to AZ check out Westcott Designs.  Great people and products.  Open to discuss this stuff whenever.  Probably via a new thread or pm though haha.

21 SR5P reporting here. Also agree that I never wanna own a different car.
Is there any money in skateboarding film anymore?
I dunno about money, but the fun is boomin.

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #7259 on: October 10, 2023, 12:51:20 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Expand Quote

[close]

I'm curious, what size do you wear? Sizes 9-11 are usually gone for any shoe with built in demand within a day at all online shops I frequent.