Author Topic: Spitfire formula four  (Read 720250 times)

cricketclub

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 511
Re: Spitfire formula four
« Reply #1950 on: May 29, 2019, 05:08:55 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Anyone here tried bleaching a set of f4s? I’ve found an old set lost in a closet and they’re yellow as Andy Roy’s old teeth. Thinking bleach might brighten them up a bit
[close]

everyone always talks about the off white color. but I swear, out of the last 4 sets of wheels I’ve had (all f4) only my most recent set of conicals were the off white color. all the previous sets of f4’s have been as white as possible.
[close]

What I do is put a wheel in my mouth and then fire up one of these:

[close]

rit dyed some f4's;

Fucking beautiful.
Handsome debonair fella, Got the Mellow Yellow bezel, Black rims on the Phantom same color Dr. Pepper.

aciddrop

• Rep: -2
« Reply #1951 on: May 30, 2019, 11:42:56 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

rit dyed some f4's;

[close]

Black Dye made the wheels Blue?

Looks like they may have blended some colors, there are 3 boxes there
[/quote]

haha nah its royal blue - i tossed the original box and left the boxes for reference.
[/quote]

how long you let them sit? just room temp?

SirPizzaSlayer

• Rep: -72
  • Pizza Griptape
« Reply #1952 on: May 30, 2019, 09:15:37 PM »
I’m dyeing my 58mm Conical Fulls as a test. Then I’m gonna dye my 53’s next if this works out.

fulfillthedream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 341
« Reply #1953 on: May 30, 2019, 09:53:22 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

rit dyed some f4's;

[close]

Black Dye made the wheels Blue?
[close]

Looks like they may have blended some colors, there are 3 boxes there

haha nah its royal blue - i tossed the original box and left the boxes for reference.
[/quote]

how long you let them sit? just room temp?
[/quote]

yeah room temp water for 2 weeks - id suggest longer than 2 because these wore out faster than the ones i did before that were 3-4 weeks. its really fun
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

ballintoohard

« Reply #1954 on: June 04, 2019, 09:50:07 AM »
Anecdotal tablet review- I have them in 52 99a. They feel faster than a 53 or 54 Classic, about the same if not slightly faster than a 53 Conical, and weigh less than both (51g/wheel vs ~60 for the others).

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1115
« Reply #1955 on: June 10, 2019, 11:34:09 AM »
I thought I was tough and bought 56 mm conical fulls, 99s.  No hills but rough ground. How long till these things are at least like....54’s? Monster truck over here. They haven’t really been wearing down, which speaks to the quality. They def roll over whatever. Board feels heavvvvvy

Powerlesspillars

« Reply #1956 on: June 10, 2019, 12:17:11 PM »
You'll get use to it

SpankerChief

• Rep: 2
  • Rob_Skate_Lurker_
« Reply #1957 on: June 10, 2019, 12:22:16 PM »
My last 2 sets of conical full ground down to nearly a lock in shape over time anyways. Maybe spit decided to bring back the flat inner wall “lock in shape” because it’s naturally how conicals become on sharp ledges?

I do know they have a massive contact patch and they ride pretty smoothly over fucked up ground. that’s nice.
that'd be a neato idea for a spitfire classic the Crass-cketball as the image on the otherside Jesus died for his sins not mine in their font or a mock spitfire/crass collab, I'd buy it for sure.
[ url ]http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/2011/09/mind_blown.gif[ / url ]

smg1138

• Rep: 42
« Reply #1958 on: July 01, 2019, 12:17:33 PM »
Anybody know which Spitfire F4 has the same shape as Bones STF V4? I want to try some F4 99a urethane, but that's pretty much my favorite all around wheel shape. I'm thinking either the Classic Full or Radial, but they seem hard to find.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2019, 12:42:45 PM by smg1138 »

HyenaChaser

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 226
« Reply #1959 on: July 01, 2019, 12:27:24 PM »
When do those Andrew Allen ones come out
You know I thought these forums were a for skating not discussing fetishes

bbk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 278
  • Dopeness
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1960 on: July 01, 2019, 12:56:11 PM »
Anybody know which Spitfire F4 has the same shape as Bones STF V4? I want to try some F4 99a urethane, but that's pretty much my favorite all around wheel shape. I'm thinking either the Classic Full or Radial, but they seem hard to find.
yeah, either of those really. Radials shouldn't be hard, and they've had some recent grosso classic fulls.

sharkin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 482

Xen

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1017
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #1962 on: July 02, 2019, 02:38:27 PM »
Classic Fulls coming back around, smallest being 54mm

https://socalskateshop.com/index.php?l=product_detail&p=99196

coneklr

« Reply #1963 on: July 24, 2019, 09:00:17 PM »
How do the conical full's skate compared to the classic?  Contemplating picking up that set in the classifieds but they seem wide af

imuseless

• Rep: 14
« Reply #1964 on: July 24, 2019, 11:04:36 PM »
^Smoother on rough ground and locks in to grinds. Some says classics flip better but I can't feel much difference.

handsclapanin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 286
« Reply #1965 on: July 25, 2019, 11:22:01 AM »
How do the conical full's skate compared to the classic?  Contemplating picking up that set in the classifieds but they seem wide af
Conical fulls feel really glued to the ground. You'll mash over rough ground & cracks easier than the classics.
Cons, board feels heavier. Especially on flip tricks, with all that extra weight towards the edge of the board.
Slappies & pool coping feel better with the classics, imo.

coneklr

« Reply #1966 on: July 26, 2019, 11:10:49 AM »
Thanks for the feedback guys!  I picked them up, we’ll see how it works out.

Mesteezo

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Rep: 65
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #1967 on: July 26, 2019, 04:16:14 PM »
So I have 2 sets of formula fours, both conical full 99a but one set is 54mm and the other is 56mm. Both are worn in pretty good and my 56s powerslide with bark on smooth concrete. I just switched to my 54s and I cant get these to bark for shit. Every time I try to powerslide or revert it's very silent and glidey and really throws off my boardfeel. Anybody have any ideas on what could be the issue?

SkinSideDown

• Rep: -11
« Reply #1968 on: July 26, 2019, 05:46:06 PM »
52mm 101a F4 Classics best wheels kiddos stop wasting your time and money on anything else.

Reese

« Reply #1969 on: July 26, 2019, 06:04:55 PM »
So I have 2 sets of formula fours, both conical full 99a but one set is 54mm and the other is 56mm. Both are worn in pretty good and my 56s powerslide with bark on smooth concrete. I just switched to my 54s and I cant get these to bark for shit. Every time I try to powerslide or revert it's very silent and glidey and really throws off my boardfeel. Anybody have any ideas on what could be the issue?

Did you let the dogs out?

The tend to bark more if you don't fill the water bowl

Xen

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1017
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #1970 on: July 26, 2019, 07:13:40 PM »

Did one of your wheels tighten up? That's happened to me a few times. New bearings?

I don't think it's just spits tho. I've been riding bones and it happened to me the other day at a park, out of nowhere it was just a silent, no barking at all, wheels still had play and everything. Perhaps is due to riding through something and getting a coating on the wheels?

Mesteezo

« Reply #1971 on: July 26, 2019, 09:24:18 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Did one of your wheels tighten up? That's happened to me a few times. New bearings?

I don't think it's just spits tho. I've been riding bones and it happened to me the other day at a park, out of nowhere it was just a silent, no barking at all, wheels still had play and everything. Perhaps is due to riding through something and getting a coating on the wheels?

The wheels have some play and I'm on an old set of reds. I gave my wheels a cleaning and still is silent. I don't have an explanation but I have a feeling it might be my trucks? This is happening on my Ace 44s that I dont use often, but one time I did set up some STFs on these and the same thing happened, silent glidey slides. I just had these wheels on an older set of 55s and they were sliding normally. I'm so confused right now lol. Gonna throw these on my 55s to make sure I'm not crazy, will report back...
« Last Edit: July 26, 2019, 09:49:09 PM by Twanked n Danked »

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #1972 on: July 26, 2019, 09:29:27 PM »

I was once comparing my F4 101s to my F4 99s and was really thrown off at the difference. The 101s were dirty as fuck from skating an indoor park for months. They were kinda sticky and didn’t have a bark at all. The 99s were brand new and felt kinda oily and barked like mad. Absolutely ridiculous bark just doing casual low speed reverts. Once the 99s wore in the bark settled down a bit and the slide felt more normal and also the 101s started making sounds and not feeling so sticky after I slid them excessively to clean them up.

Sounds different to your situation but I guess my point is to give it a while and slide them around to get them to feel like they should.

Mesteezo

« Reply #1973 on: July 30, 2019, 02:37:56 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

The wheels have some play and I'm on an old set of reds. I gave my wheels a cleaning and still is silent. I don't have an explanation but I have a feeling it might be my trucks? This is happening on my Ace 44s that I dont use often, but one time I did set up some STFs on these and the same thing happened, silent glidey slides. I just had these wheels on an older set of 55s and they were sliding normally. I'm so confused right now lol. Gonna throw these on my 55s to make sure I'm not crazy, will report back...

Alright so I think I can safely say my issue is not with my wheels, but with my trucks. I took my 54 & 56 99a F4's as well as my 52 STF's and tested them all out on both my pairs of trucks (44's and 55's). None of the wheels would bark on the 44's. Yet all of them barked on the 55's.... Still no fucking clue what this means but guess I'll be talking to Ace customer support.

Serious Tea Drinker

« Reply #1974 on: July 30, 2019, 07:45:03 PM »
Could be something to do with spreading the load wider on 55s? I don't know. Stop testing equipment and start skating it.

HeavyMental

« Reply #1975 on: July 30, 2019, 08:58:47 PM »
Could be something to do with spreading the load wider on 55s? I don't know. Stop testing equipment and start skating it.

Lol

Tarquin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 423
« Reply #1976 on: August 01, 2019, 08:21:05 AM »
Anyone skating the Tablets, with them being straight cut and on the skinny side, will having the axle sticking out so much fuck up any tricks like slappies? Just set some up but haven't had a chance to skate them yet and the axle nuts are more exposed than the conical fulls I just took off. I don't want to have to re-thread my axles after every skate.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2019, 03:46:11 PM by Tarquin »

Firebert

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
    • Instagram avatar image
« Reply #1977 on: August 01, 2019, 08:58:48 AM »
Anyone skating the Tablets, with them being straight cut and on the skinny side, will having the axle sticking out so much fuck up any tricks like slappies? Just set some up but haven't had a chance to skate them yet and the axle nuts are more exposed than the conical fulls I just took off. I also don't want to have to re-thread my axles after every skate.
Actually yes. But I was using 149s on an 8.25, so there was a little bit more sticking out of the sides.

ChasingCars

• Rep: -1
« Reply #1978 on: August 06, 2019, 07:36:05 PM »
Anyone skating the Tablets, with them being straight cut and on the skinny side, will having the axle sticking out so much fuck up any tricks like slappies? Just set some up but haven't had a chance to skate them yet and the axle nuts are more exposed than the conical fulls I just took off. I don't want to have to re-thread my axles after every skate.

I have been skating them for a couple of weeks. I haven't found too much I don't like about them other than they are heavy but I run 56's so they will be better once I ride them for awhile. They seem to lock in pretty well and I have not had issues with basic ledge and slappy grinds. They shine on transition though with a much more stable ride. Can't say much about their speed as I am still breaking in new Zealous Bearings. I would buy them again but probably the 52's.

Lukabrazi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 154
« Reply #1979 on: August 07, 2019, 11:12:45 AM »
been skating 53mm F4 101's the past two weeks at my local skatepark. Absolutely perfect wheel so far for me. I had been riding Bones STF for a few years, and those felt like garbage compared to these. I am sold 100%.