Author Topic: Dollin has spoken  (Read 14844 times)

CHONGO

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 28
    • tumblr avatar image
Re: Dollin has spoken
« Reply #60 on: July 03, 2022, 01:08:16 PM »
Yah i’m snaking everyone in the park today as tribute

figureitout

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -139
« Reply #61 on: July 03, 2022, 07:55:33 PM »
in 1984 i was hospitalized for approaching perfection

gaunt

• Rep: 104
« Reply #62 on: July 04, 2022, 07:54:06 AM »
03:37 - 04:04  :^)

smokemasterjp

• Rep: -25
« Reply #63 on: July 04, 2022, 10:54:47 AM »
The funniest part about Dollin is that he still has the same ego as he did in like 2005. He still thinks he's a young gun, legendary talent instead of a fucking pile out loser that hasn't done shit in a decade and severely altered his prime with alcoholism. Please progress as a person dude, this shit is depressing.

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1382
« Reply #64 on: July 04, 2022, 10:59:12 AM »
03:37 - 04:04  :^)

Wow. Good catch

Ankle_Lift

• Rep: 80
« Reply #65 on: July 04, 2022, 06:58:49 PM »
dollin is the aging relief pitcher who just won’t hang it up. he’s blasting smokes in the bullpen, scowling about the talent coming up in today’s era and knowing he’ll never throw as hard as some remember he used to. he’s a relic of a bygone era in the game that’s too fleeting and bittersweet to name. the club is keeping him on for one more season to maybe light a fire under this year’s rookie class and show them how not to crash and burn... let the man post, it’s surely all he’s got left

No, he's a skateboarder.

Paul Cicero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -282
« Reply #66 on: July 04, 2022, 09:11:13 PM »
The funniest part about Dollin is that he still has the same ego as he did in like 2005. He still thinks he's a young gun, legendary talent instead of a fucking pile out loser that hasn't done shit in a decade and severely altered his prime with alcoholism. Please progress as a person dude, this shit is depressing.

Settle down Dr Phil, I’m pretty sure he’s aware of his place in skating and absolutely doesn’t think he’s as talented as kids these days.

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -215
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #67 on: July 04, 2022, 09:17:22 PM »
Expand Quote
dollin is the aging relief pitcher who just won’t hang it up. he’s blasting smokes in the bullpen, scowling about the talent coming up in today’s era and knowing he’ll never throw as hard as some remember he used to. he’s a relic of a bygone era in the game that’s too fleeting and bittersweet to name. the club is keeping him on for one more season to maybe light a fire under this year’s rookie class and show them how not to crash and burn... let the man post, it’s surely all he’s got left
[close]

No, he's a skateboarder.

So basically Kenny Powers.
2022 Slap Fantasy Football Champion

Cool Ceith

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 614
  • Did someone say sassy?
« Reply #68 on: July 05, 2022, 11:19:03 AM »
Expand Quote
I’m not some skate purist i see what hes saying.   

I grew up in the era when people gave you dirty looks for skating down the street, in fact My hometown outlawed skating in city limits. They thought we were a bunch of stoned assholes…which we were.

Changing of the guard...Dollin is officially over the hill.
[close]

unda tha ladda bitch
gotta bump this  ;D

douchenozzle

• Rep: 32
  • "I am the party"-DLR
« Reply #69 on: July 05, 2022, 12:37:37 PM »
Im just curious to know how much money hes made by being a professional skater that puts out parts that are 80% slams

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 860
« Reply #70 on: July 05, 2022, 02:07:48 PM »
Im just curious to know how much money hes made by being a professional skater that puts out parts that are 80% slams
How much he makes today? Prob not heaps but between 2003-10 prob a fair bit from boards, clothing and shoes. He had the highest selling vans shoe for a couple years (the no skool) and a few others that did pretty ok

rukes

• Rep: 218
  • Yabba dabba doo
« Reply #71 on: July 05, 2022, 03:49:47 PM »
I don't want to read anymore disrespect on Dustin Dollins name.

He can come across as a bit of a pisshead, sure. But he's far from a pisswreck.

80% slams in his parts? He had last part in Baker2g. A good part in Sight unseen. His Baker 4 part was unexpectedly good.

I think there's just some Seppo bullshit where people think he's some sort of washed up loser cause he likes to get on the tins. 
Is it true?  Or did you read it on the slap message board?

lysdexia

• Rep: 4
« Reply #72 on: July 05, 2022, 04:25:09 PM »
I think there's just some Seppo bullshit where people think he's some sort of washed up loser cause he likes to get on the tins.

i think this every time i read a non-australian's opinion of the bloke.  cunts just don't understand the culture.

smokemasterjp

• Rep: -25
« Reply #73 on: July 05, 2022, 04:53:36 PM »

80% slams in his parts? He had last part in Baker2g. A good part in Sight unseen. His Baker 4 part was unexpectedly good.

His baker 4 part was sad as fuck and a cautionary tale to stay away from alcohol

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1174
  • old and in the way
« Reply #74 on: July 05, 2022, 06:29:19 PM »
I really liked this era of Dustin Dollin's skating-

Times change and cultures evolve. His nostalgia for bullying makes him sound like a very sad person.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2022, 06:36:40 PM by funeral_tuxedo »

Giftedly Hater’d

• Rep: 415
« Reply #75 on: July 05, 2022, 06:48:29 PM »

I mean… he did literally say he likes it when people make fun of him. Who are we to deny him that joy?

Kanye Omari West

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -361
« Reply #76 on: July 05, 2022, 06:52:07 PM »

And your impact on the culture has been...? What again?

rukes

• Rep: 218
  • Yabba dabba doo
« Reply #77 on: July 05, 2022, 07:55:07 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I mean… he did literally say he likes it when people make fun of him. Who are we to deny him that joy?

Yeah that's fair enough, nothing wrong with hanging shit on him, I'm sure he would invite it. But most people have to respect that he had some decent parts back in the day, and even went pretty hard in Baker4 for an old hucker.
Is it true?  Or did you read it on the slap message board?

Baglady

• Rep: -202
« Reply #78 on: July 05, 2022, 08:35:57 PM »
All nay sayers please post your clips of your switch crooks down a capped off 14 stair rail. Dollin is a legend in his own rite. The IG quote is specifically for those whom the shoe fits. Get to the back of the van fuggin blokes.

CossRooper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 140
  • What are you up to, drawing leafs?
    • timecube avatar image
« Reply #79 on: July 05, 2022, 10:04:59 PM »
nostalgia for bullying

This is a good, succinct way of putting it. and its everywhere, not just skating

imagine thinking a bunch of literal alcoholic 22 year olds in a van hazing a 13 year old and thinking "those were the good old days". It's fucking weird and lame

LongStoryShort

• Rep: -13
« Reply #80 on: July 05, 2022, 11:38:32 PM »
"Shout out to my N*a Dustin Dillon, keep ya mother fuckin head up and don't let these N*a's discourage you!" - Stevie Williams

TurboVirgin

• Rep: 6
« Reply #81 on: July 05, 2022, 11:51:39 PM »
Dude skated to "when demons awake".

Prostate Exam

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 503
  • registered SLAP offender
« Reply #82 on: July 06, 2022, 12:08:10 AM »

newguy

« Reply #83 on: July 06, 2022, 05:18:48 AM »
i will say it’s good skateboarding is more inclusive for other non traditional groups. that being said, some gatekeeping parts of the culture still should be around so we can preserve some part of old skate culture going forward. Like making fun of mongo pushers. Like bro just learn to push normally it’s not that big of a deal. or rocket flips. nobody fucks with a rocket flip come on now.

jamal smith would be very hurt by that last sentence if he ever saw this

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 501
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #84 on: July 06, 2022, 07:15:45 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
How much he makes today? Prob not heaps but between 2003-10 prob a fair bit from boards, clothing and shoes. He had the highest selling vans shoe for a couple years (the no skool) and a few others that did pretty ok

He doesn't care, he's a landlord

EXTRA SPICY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 332
  • Low Scovilles
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #85 on: July 06, 2022, 03:40:43 PM »
Anyone wanna touch on the fact that the dude has been on a low alcohol intake (e.g., a beer a day) for a few years now, and holds down a full time job, or will that fuck the narrative up too much?

Not negating him being a dong, but blaming it on piling out alone is a cop out on its own.
We need Malto to release the pic of Biebel drunk in an elevator with his wiener hanging out.

DanCorteseFromMTVSports

• Rep: 286
« Reply #86 on: July 06, 2022, 05:30:13 PM »
Expand Quote
i will say it’s good skateboarding is more inclusive for other non traditional groups. that being said, some gatekeeping parts of the culture still should be around so we can preserve some part of old skate culture going forward. Like making fun of mongo pushers. Like bro just learn to push normally it’s not that big of a deal. or rocket flips. nobody fucks with a rocket flip come on now.
[close]

jamal smith would be very hurt by that last sentence if he ever saw this
This is hate speech and I feel personally attacked. mods pls remove immediately

JRF

• Rep: 145
« Reply #87 on: July 06, 2022, 09:53:23 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Pro salaries are highly subjective. Knowing how to aggressively negotiate (even beyond your actual worth) can get a lower tier pro a substantially higher salary than some top tier pros. I can think of plenty examples where this has been the case.
//////////

pointandclick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 245
« Reply #88 on: July 06, 2022, 09:55:47 PM »

bobforapples

• Rep: -55
« Reply #89 on: July 07, 2022, 12:38:03 AM »
Dustin dollin looks like he was born with fetal alcohol syndrome