Author Topic: Dylan Rieder on Adidas  (Read 123108 times)

Fake Tits

Re: Dylan Rieder on Adidas
« Reply #390 on: April 15, 2013, 07:53:49 PM »
im sure a bunch of people would like ass pain from Dylan.

shiiit.. id give it a go.

Tracer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #391 on: April 15, 2013, 08:06:47 PM »
That link mentions Chuz/Saucony again.  Has anyone sent them a memo saying that there is a reason Chad hasn't had a shoe sponsor in three years?  The skateboarding public simply doesn't care for him, and they will lose a lot of money.  I would even refuse to buy non skate Sauconys if they sign him, not that I own any, but I'm not opposed to it for some walking around shoes.
Most people don't even what Saucony is. They are a hardcore running shoe brand, i would be shocked if they got involved in skateboarding in any way/shape or form

jgonzalez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 780
  • no not never. looser.
    • JGonz4ever avatar image
« Reply #392 on: April 15, 2013, 09:16:29 PM »
Quote from: Tracer  link=topic=67671.msg1893248#msg1893248 date=1366081607
Expand Quote
That link mentions Chuz/Saucony again.  Has anyone sent them a memo saying that there is a reason Chad hasn't had a shoe sponsor in three years?  The skateboarding public simply doesn't care for him, and they will lose a lot of money.  I would even refuse to buy non skate Sauconys if they sign him, not that I own any, but I'm not opposed to it for some walking around shoes.
[close]
Most people don't even what Saucony is. They are a hardcore running shoe brand, i would be shocked if they got involved in skateboarding in any way/shape or form

I've known what Saucony is for like years now. And I just walk. you say lots of annoying things

nothing's been the since same

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #393 on: April 15, 2013, 09:39:42 PM »
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

Will Easley

« Reply #394 on: April 15, 2013, 10:06:23 PM »

brownjenkin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
« Reply #395 on: April 15, 2013, 10:25:44 PM »

otzzo

« Reply #396 on: April 15, 2013, 10:28:57 PM »

hahahaa!! This would be dope! Dylan also will join monster and shit

• Rep: 12
« Reply #397 on: April 15, 2013, 10:38:09 PM »
i wonder if young dylan misses gravis :'(

Pavementi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -146
  • Fuck it
« Reply #398 on: April 15, 2013, 10:44:02 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I was talking to a marketing guy from Vans the other day and he said Vans wasn't a player because Vans ended badly last time they split. Apparently dude is a pain in the ass to work with as well
[close]

This is very believable
[close]
didn't the switch from Vans to Gravis also happen around the same time as his pill addiction?  that could've been a factor in being difficult to work with.
[close]

To be completely honest thats okay. he ended up making some gems. They said the same thing about stefan when they were working on his shoe and thats apparently one of the best selling models at nike, thats even if you include their legit sports divisions.  
Who? I've never heard that about Stefan. Not once. Ever.
Like Daewon said: if skateboarding is a ten story building, Rodney is on eleventh floor.

familyrapist

• Rep: -6
« Reply #399 on: April 15, 2013, 11:44:46 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I was talking to a marketing guy from Vans the other day and he said Vans wasn't a player because Vans ended badly last time they split. Apparently dude is a pain in the ass to work with as well
[close]

This is very believable
[close]
didn't the switch from Vans to Gravis also happen around the same time as his pill addiction?  that could've been a factor in being difficult to work with.
[close]

To be completely honest thats okay. he ended up making some gems. They said the same thing about stefan when they were working on his shoe and thats apparently one of the best selling models at nike, thats even if you include their legit sports divisions.  
[close]

it was more like in r&d for the shoe stefan was super picky. had one shoe that almost released that was completely terrible, but he couldnt put his name on the shoe, so he just bugged em until they threw something he liked at em. hahaha maybe anoying would be better

« Reply #400 on: April 15, 2013, 11:57:38 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

This is very believable
[close]
didn't the switch from Vans to Gravis also happen around the same time as his pill addiction?  that could've been a factor in being difficult to work with.
[close]

[close]
[close]

it was more like in r&d for the shoe stefan was super picky. had one shoe that almost released that was completely terrible, but he couldnt put his name on the shoe, so he just bugged em until they threw something he liked at em. hahaha maybe anoying would be better

annoying is defiently better

Turtle Boy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 172
« Reply #401 on: April 16, 2013, 04:23:04 AM »

Wouldn't Adidas be the only ones who could confirm that? That post is just saying "guys he's on Adidas here's a picture of a slip on"

Deekay

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #402 on: April 16, 2013, 12:41:50 PM »
Expand Quote

Wouldn't Adidas be the only ones who could confirm that? That post is just saying "guys he's on Adidas here's a picture of a slip on"
[close]

Exactly.. He probably have boxes and boxes of different companies shoes that are trying to snatch him up. Although, this rumor sure seems to get stronger and stronger...

Pavementi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -146
  • Fuck it
« Reply #403 on: April 16, 2013, 05:36:19 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

This is very believable
[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

Well, judging from their sales, that worked out well. Here's to being annoying!
Like Daewon said: if skateboarding is a ten story building, Rodney is on eleventh floor.

zoltan

« Reply #404 on: April 16, 2013, 05:57:34 PM »
cant believe there are some people that still dont believe this.

« Reply #405 on: April 16, 2013, 06:17:38 PM »

I wonder if dylan was really really annoyed when gravis ended. I wonder if he worried about his #swag, I wonder if he was really very frustrated.

« Reply #406 on: April 16, 2013, 06:19:00 PM »

i can, i mean it's pretty weird right

theloniousmonk

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
« Reply #407 on: April 16, 2013, 07:28:12 PM »
It would be impossible for him to fit anywhere as well as he did on Gravis. He practically was Gravis. It's too bad they went under.

Those adidas do not scream filter to me. I do not agree with the ripped laces statement that adidas hasn't found it's image. Silas, Busenitz, and Suciu. All skaters that rely on powerful skating with individuality as their "marketing", and to me that's the best kind. These dudes seem to all have a good attitude/outlook, and I feel like the addition of Dylan will take that away at least to some extent.

Vans would have been a better fit, but been there done that.

I like Dylan's skating, and would be hyped to hear that he is coming out with a part, no matter where it is. He's just kind of pretentious (not necessarily bad in postmodern circles) and I don't get that vibe from adidas at all.

Will Easley

« Reply #408 on: April 16, 2013, 07:59:07 PM »
It would be impossible for him to fit anywhere as well as he did on Gravis. He practically was Gravis. It's too bad they went under.

Those adidas do not scream filter to me. I do not agree with the ripped laces statement that adidas hasn't found it's image. Silas, Busenitz, and Suciu. All skaters that rely on powerful skating with individuality as their "marketing", and to me that's the best kind. These dudes seem to all have a good attitude/outlook, and I feel like the addition of Dylan will take that away at least to some extent.

Vans would have been a better fit, but been there done that.

I like Dylan's skating, and would be hyped to hear that he is coming out with a part, no matter where it is. He's just kind of pretentious (not necessarily bad in postmodern circles) and I don't get that vibe from adidas at all.

I agree with what you're saying about adidas I think they have a strong identity as team & as a brand. While Dylan may not immediately seem like a good fit, if he can mature a little & grow to be a bit more professional with adidas, it could be very beneficial to both parties. Dylan is a superstar talent with alot of marketing appeal and adidas definitely has resources to capitalize on both. You saw how he did the Gravis shit, If he gets a full signature line with adidas it could be big.

zoltan

« Reply #409 on: April 16, 2013, 10:37:08 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

yeah but out of all the top shoe brands adidas is killing it and has more of an image than any of the other major shoe companies. you couldnt picture some dylan footage in their edits? I think he fits great

« Reply #410 on: April 16, 2013, 10:39:08 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

yeah but out of all the top shoe brands adidas is killing it and has more of an image than any of the other major shoe companies. you couldnt picture some dylan footage in their edits? I think he fits great

yeah, yur right lol

ice nine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -308
« Reply #411 on: April 16, 2013, 11:26:54 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

yeah, yur right lol

haha whoa zoltan u r trippin
I;m sure i;m not the only dc/monster/subaru type guy here

The Nose Face

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 8

miff

• Rep: -7
« Reply #413 on: April 17, 2013, 12:38:15 PM »
Quote from: The Nose Face  link=topic=67671.msg1894319#msg1894319 date=1366224276
http://www.skateboardermag.com/features/mehrings-bearings-a-week-in-la-part-2/#aafc6b49f7

Off topic, but in this same gallery there's a Paulo Diaz photo... Switch nose slide. Is this a recent photo or just being posted now?

Sick.

macgruber

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 73
  • Just Tell Me What You Want Me To FUUUUUUCK
« Reply #414 on: April 17, 2013, 12:49:49 PM »
from awhile back i think. think i remember mehring was out here during that vans shoe shoot on the bridge so that had to have been a month or a few ago?

The Nose Face

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 8
« Reply #415 on: April 17, 2013, 01:31:20 PM »
I saw the vans site linked to it - figured i'd share. Some good dill photos of him looking all skid row in there too...

MOUNTAIN

• Rep: 211
« Reply #416 on: April 17, 2013, 01:42:53 PM »
ADIDAS SLVR
We used to skate on a sculpture by Henry Moore. Good times.

mfkream

« Reply #417 on: April 17, 2013, 03:16:52 PM »
Never heard of anyone scraping the paint off under the baseplate I'll have to try that on my next deck. We used to wax under there at my local shop but I was never convinced that it did anything.

miff

• Rep: -7
« Reply #418 on: April 17, 2013, 05:21:41 PM »
from awhile back i think. think i remember mehring was out here during that vans shoe shoot on the bridge so that had to have been a month or a few ago?

Damn, that's still fairly recent. Anyway... Cool to see Paulo is all.

nigelhuston

« Reply #419 on: April 17, 2013, 05:26:51 PM »

of accordion